Author Topic: +  (Read 13426 times)

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
Re: If u offend the gays u get crucified
« Reply #75 on: December 19, 2013, 08:40:06 AM »
The networks have a right to hire/fire whoever the fuck they want... but man I sure wish people could act like adults and stop screaming for someones head just because they got butthurt. So much whining and crying anhtime anyone gets offended...

People need to realize they are promised no right to go through life having everyone love and accept everything about them. Someone doesnt agree with your life. Boo fucking hoo, who cares what dumbfuck joe redneck thinks, move on and continue burying your cock in your bfs anus.

generation sandy vagina strikes again. Or sandy anus in this case..

This is my opinion!  I look at it this way, just like I think a business should have the right to refuse a customer who is gay, I also believe a business should have the right to fire someone for views they feel are not acceptable and may hurt their company. 
A

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #76 on: December 19, 2013, 08:43:28 AM »
I hope the queer lovers and queers push this shit (no pun intended) to the limits. There will be a show down when this country collapses and open faggotry will not be tolerated. Keep it in your homes.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #77 on: December 19, 2013, 09:17:41 AM »
I hope the queer lovers and queers push this shit (no pun intended) to the limits. There will be a show down when this country collapses and open faggotry will not be tolerated. Keep it in your homes.
I'd like to set up a straight pride parade on the strip in Vegas. 8)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #78 on: December 19, 2013, 09:38:41 AM »
In a free country he should have the right to his opinion.  It's too bad but that ship sailed.  Now you must assimilate into the minority-worshiping liberal mindset.
Words to memorize

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #79 on: December 19, 2013, 09:59:16 AM »
They should just let the viewers decide. If the show starts tanking in the ratings department, fire him. If not, keep him around. But, to preemptively fire him because of what might happen, is stupid.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #80 on: December 19, 2013, 09:59:42 AM »
I say let the network decide, end of story.  If they want to pull the show, let them.  They obviously see it as a detriment to their overall business model in the future so they have to make a decision for now.  I am completely fine with letting them run their own business how they see fit.

Exactly!  The show was intended to be about the spectacle of duck huntin, beard growin hicks.  It captured a wide audience and has made the network a ton of cash.  The hicks turned out to be evangelicals who share the gospel of Christ.   One made a comment that he doesn't support the sin of homosexuality, but doesn't hate homosexuals or anyone else.  The network may deem this as a potential hit to their bottom line and cancel the show......it's a business decision for the network.  If the show is cancelled, it's cancelled....another network may pick it up or the show may just fade away.  Guaranteed the network didn't intend for Duck Dynasty to be a platform for evangelicals to spread their beliefs.....good chance the show will end soon unless the network sees huge profitability inspite of the scandal....then it will continue until the audience loses interest.....and the audience always loses interest.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #81 on: December 19, 2013, 10:01:11 AM »
The networks have a right to hire/fire whoever the fuck they want... but man I sure wish people could act like adults and stop screaming for someones head just because they got butthurt. So much whining and crying anhtime anyone gets offended...

People need to realize they are promised no right to go through life having everyone love and accept everything about them. Someone doesnt agree with your life. Boo fucking hoo, who cares what dumbfuck joe redneck thinks, move on and continue burying your cock in your bfs anus.

generation sandy vagina strikes again. Or sandy anus in this case..
This is my opinion!  I look at it this way, just like I think a business should have the right to refuse a customer who is gay, I also believe a business should have the right to fire someone for views they feel are not acceptable and may hurt their company.  

You are both correct.

I hope A&E sees a huge backlash from this.

He is allowed to say what he felt like saying. People are allowed to not watch.

In this case, his audience most likely would agree with his stance, so it makes no sense what so ever.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #82 on: December 19, 2013, 10:02:10 AM »
Exactly!  The show was intended to be about the spectacle of duck huntin, beard growin hicks.  It captured a wide audience and has made the network a ton of cash.  The hicks turned out to be evangelicals who share the gospel of Christ.   One made a comment that he doesn't support the sin of homosexuality, but doesn't hate homosexuals or anyone else.  The network may deem this as potential hit to their bottom line and cancel the show......it's a business decision for the network.  If the show is cancelled, it's cancelled....another network may pick it up or it show may just fade away.

He also compared homosexuality to bestiality.  Considering some of the lesbians I've seen he might not be speaking out of turn.
A

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #83 on: December 19, 2013, 10:03:28 AM »
But by early Thursday morning, more than 19,000 people had signed a change.org petition calling for A&E to bring Robertson back.

http://www.change.org/petitions/a-e-networks-end-the-wrongful-suspension-of-phil-robertson

"Homosexuals have their convictions and Christians respect them," the organizer of the petition wrote. "There is a difference between respecting someone rights to exercise free will and imposing on others what we believe. Phil has done nothing more than state what he believes in. Just because homosexuals do not agree, does not mean Mr. Robertson needs to be suspended."

Similarly, the Facebook page "Bring Back Phil Robertson" had more than 35,000 "likes" by early Thursday morning.

Robertson responded to the brouhaha in a statement late Wednesday.

"I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me," he said. "We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity."

"Duck Dynasty" follows a Louisiana bayou family that has "made a fortune on duck calls," as A&E puts it.

According to A&E, its fourth season premiere in August drew nearly 12 million viewers to become the No. 1 nonfiction series telecast in cable history.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/19/showbiz/duck-dynasty-suspension/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #84 on: December 19, 2013, 10:07:11 AM »
You are both correct.

I hope A&E sees a huge backlash from this.

He is allowed to say what he felt like saying. People are allowed to not watch.

In this case, his audience most likely would agree with his stance, so it makes no sense what so ever.

I agree and I considered that but even though the viewers of duck dynasty might not find any fault with what was said, the comments could tarnish the overall reputation of the network including viewership and advertising dollars for other programs.  I understand the decision making but at the same time people are overreacting and are easily offended.
A

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: December 19, 2013, 10:08:16 AM »
He also compared homosexuality to bestiality.  Considering some of the lesbians I've seen he might not be speaking out of turn.

Actually he didn't compare homosexuality to beastility.  He did categorize biblical sins of sexual immorality such as homosexuality, beastiality and adultery.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #86 on: December 19, 2013, 10:09:14 AM »
Actually he didn't compare homosexuality to beastility.  He did categorize biblical sins of sexual immorality such as homosexuality, beastiality and adultery.

I was making a joke.  I guess bullets and jokes bounce right off your chest, man of steel.  >:(
A

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: December 19, 2013, 10:13:18 AM »
I was making a joke.  I guess bullets and jokes bounce right off your chest, man of steel.  >:(

Sorry, I'm used to constant attacks and ridicule due to my beliefs around these parts.  I don't always assume a defensive stance, but sometimes I do....my bad.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #88 on: December 19, 2013, 10:16:54 AM »
Sorry, I'm used to constant attacks and ridicule due to my beliefs around these parts.  I don't always assume a defensive stance, but sometimes I do....my bad.

It's cool.  I just needed a set up to make funny of ugly lesbians.
A

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: December 19, 2013, 10:20:09 AM »
its supposed to be a reality show

the reality is he is homophobic

so why sack him for being himself

what happened to freedom of speech

if you dont like it dont watch the show

if no one watches show gets pulled

thats how the system should work

simples
T

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #90 on: December 19, 2013, 10:25:52 AM »
He still has freedom of speech. He can say whatever he wants to say and not get arrested or prosecuted by law for his comments.

That said, if I'm the openly gay owner of a restaurant and the guy who is my cook (substitute cook with waiter, porter, host, delivery guy etc.) decides to badmouth Gays and Lesbians in general, I have every right, as the owner of the restaurant, to fire him.

Why?

If my employee made a public statement (as the gentleman in the Duck Dynasty fiasco did), it will hurt business. There are many Gay/Lesbians clients that walk into my restaurant and keep my business running. There are also many Gay/Lesbians businesses nearby that often help to support my business by advertising my general services (catering etc.). Likewise, it sets a bad precedent suggesting to the public, other businesses and employees alike that we are non-tolerant of those who lead "alternative" lifestyles.

How does this translate to a TV show? In the same way...

Face it folks, the shakers and movers in Hollywood and Showbiz are mostly Gay/Lesbian. You shit on their turf and they can do whatever the hell they want. Likewise, sponsors that are pro-gay, can decide to pull their ads from the show, which translates into losing a lot of money. Not to mention that gay/lesbian fans will stop watching the show, further hurting its ratings. Then, it leads other industry figures to reconsider possible deals with the producer and/or director of the show, because of the potential future backlash it could bring.

Again, while I completely respect his right to say whatever he wants to say. That doesn't mean that the network executives have to harbor any individual that can hurt their business.

"1"

P.S. At the end of the day, business is business and this is not so much about silencing his freedom of speech, but more so about doing what's best for business.

The problem is, he didn't say anything that shouldn't be deemed "offensive". He could have worded it better but regardless whether he worded it differently or not the "human right's" organizations would have still over reacted. He's stated his faith and belief and quoted scripture (Corinthians) and specifically said "It's not up to me to judge, let God sort em' out"

I heard one minion from glaad say in an interview "well he doesn't have be so vocal about his faith" (paraphrasing) but it's all right to teach in school, have gay pride parades, make it a national story when a gay high school crossdresser win's Homecoming (at my son's school) but when someone says something professing their faith or God for bid put's a nativity scene in their front yard or in a park at it offends ONE PERSON the whole world has to hear about it.

I have gay friends and gay clients, the ones that I have spoken with about this since last night even thought it was bullshit. It's hypocrisy at a level I thought I would never see.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #91 on: December 19, 2013, 10:27:52 AM »
BTW, this will hurt A&E one hell of a lot more than it will the Robertsons.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #92 on: December 19, 2013, 10:32:43 AM »
I've seen the show. I've seen what these guys look like. Did you really expect high-falutin' philosophizin,'!? No surprises, here. Just another tempest in a teapot.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #93 on: December 19, 2013, 10:34:48 AM »
its supposed to be a reality show

the reality is he is homophobic

so why sack him for being himself

what happened to freedom of speech

if you dont like it dont watch the show

simples
Oh so the Network has to be FORCED to keep making the show and allow it to continue until people are no longer satisfied?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #94 on: December 19, 2013, 10:36:34 AM »
I've seen the show. I've seen what these guys look like. Did you really expect high-falutin' philosophizin,'!? No surprises, here. Just another tempest in a teapot.

Looking for my dictionary...again >:(

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #95 on: December 19, 2013, 10:42:25 AM »
He still has freedom of speech. He can say whatever he wants to say and not get arrested or prosecuted by law for his comments.

That said, if I'm the openly gay owner of a restaurant and the guy who is my cook (substitute cook with waiter, porter, host, delivery guy etc.) decides to badmouth Gays and Lesbians in general, I have every right, as the owner of the restaurant, to fire him.

Why?

If my employee made a public statement (as the gentleman in the Duck Dynasty fiasco did), it will hurt business. There are many Gay/Lesbians clients that walk into my restaurant and keep my business running. There are also many Gay/Lesbians businesses nearby that often help to support my business by advertising my general services (catering etc.). Likewise, it sets a bad precedent suggesting to the public, other businesses and employees alike that we are non-tolerant of those who lead "alternative" lifestyles.

How does this translate to a TV show? In the same way...

Face it folks, the shakers and movers in Hollywood and Showbiz are mostly Gay/Lesbian. You shit on their turf and they can do whatever the hell they want. Likewise, sponsors that are pro-gay, can decide to pull their ads from the show, which translates into losing a lot of money. Not to mention that gay/lesbian fans will stop watching the show, further hurting its ratings. Then, it leads other industry figures to reconsider possible deals with the producer and/or director of the show, because of the potential future backlash it could bring.

Again, while I completely respect his right to say whatever he wants to say. That doesn't mean that the network executives have to harbor any individual that can hurt their business.

"1"

P.S. At the end of the day, business is business and this is not so much about silencing his freedom of speech, but more so about doing what's best for business.

another sound and logical answer....thats why OMR is beloved on GetBig.

The otherside is, if you're the consumer of a product you have the choice to purchase it or not. $$$

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: December 19, 2013, 10:51:55 AM »
Oh so the Network has to be FORCED to keep making the show and allow it to continue until people are no longer satisfied?

thats not what i said my friend

T

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #97 on: December 19, 2013, 10:54:24 AM »
thats not what i said my friend

You did.

This is what you said:

simples

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #98 on: December 19, 2013, 10:55:02 AM »
Hey, the country survived (and forgot) Paula Dean. This'll pass, as well.  

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: December 19, 2013, 10:57:34 AM »
You did.

This is what you said:

simples

yes which is interpreted wrongly by you

in your attempt to troll me

blind with anger due to me calling you out recently