Author Topic: At what age did you figure out bodybuilding is gay?  (Read 7962 times)

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
Re: At what age did you figure out bodybuilding is gay?
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2014, 02:15:20 PM »
we joke a lot but getbig was a tremendous place that shed light on bodybuilding form drugs to supplement scams and the gayness behind it all in a 15 year span at most

nothing wrong with gay .. but the underground cult like fetish world that sell lies and covert homoerotica is not to be mistaken with "spreading the love for health and fitness"

Simple Simon

« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2014, 02:18:26 PM »
are you actually gay? you write with such passion about it
Hes only gay if you want him to be.

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2014, 02:19:30 PM »
Gayest photo I saw it on here..

Kevin Levrone about to kiss Jay as Jay was laying on the floor at a show backstage.

WoooSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH H

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2014, 02:35:28 PM »
When I spent fortunes flying to America to watch the 1997 Mr Olympia and noticed half the 'men' in the audience were raging homos, whooping and hollering at the bodybuilders.

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2014, 02:44:35 PM »
I realised bodybuilding was gay when I bought a Flex mag and while browsing the pages I got a stiffy.

Lucky for me, it happened on Monica Brants bikini shoot page  8)
S

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2014, 02:46:34 PM »
And when I saw 'female' bodybuilders for the first time, openly soliciting 'clients', it was when I realized that it's a sick cult I want nothing to do. Then through the years you hear tidbits of G4P, naked posing for old homos, how Joe Weider asked bodybuilders to remove their shirts in meetings with him, it solidified my disgust.

I should've stuck to the magazines where everyone is smiling, happy and physique-Photoshopped till kingdom come, where lies and spin rules and they all pretend to be billionaires.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2014, 03:29:07 PM »
Around the age of 25 and many Flex and MD magazines later. I thought this cover from MD should've been my wake up call, but like a drug addict in denial, the purchasing of the gay muscle mags continued for years and years after.

Wez

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2014, 03:38:04 PM »
When my first wife saw me reading Ironman and she said " I thought you liked pussy?"

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2014, 03:41:17 PM »
My dad wouldn't let me join a gym so when I was 16 and could work I joined one. He thought gay guys (old schmoes) would just come on to me in changing room.

It only occurred to me when the undercover pro on BB.com talked about g4p. Those Kai white towel gifs really hit it home.

Knooger

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2014, 03:46:54 PM »
Those Kai white towel gifs really hit it home.

Yup, Kai removed all doubt. I'd say the homoness probably inflicts about 50% of all bodybuilding.

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2014, 03:47:52 PM »
I haven't bought nor read a single issue of Flex or Muscle and Fitness since discovering the truth through Getbig.

I only wish this site had been around when I was starting out - I used to see competitive bodybuilding as a respectable "iron game", now I see it as cringeworthy "thong wars".

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2014, 03:49:20 PM »
just considering spending a large fortune and travelling a long distance to see grown wearing ambitious shoelaces should have been warning enough for you ?

What can I say, I was 17 and very stupid. So stupid I done it again the next year.

Knooger

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2014, 03:51:05 PM »
I only wish this site had been around when I was starting out - I used to see competitive bodybuilding as a respectable "iron game", now I see it as cringeworthy "thong wars".

hahahahahaha

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2014, 03:52:14 PM »
I haven't bought nor read a single issue of Flex or Muscle and Fitness since discovering the truth through Getbig.

I stopped buying Muscular Development a couple of months ago. The coverage of the Olympia, only reason I bought it, was sparse at best. Nearly every section is absolute bollox. Maybe three or four good pages per issue but they are hard to find among the 5x10^8 shitty ads for products that are made of ash and ground up animal bones. Plus, the text has a background of glutes and men in hot pants.

Still, better than Flex. Nasser in denim shorts and pink, yes pink, CAT boots really grates me. That whole magazine is just a vehicle to peddle the gay rights agenda.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2014, 04:21:20 PM »
i think the weider's managed to brainwash everyone into thinking that.

now i realise being 'big' isnt attractive to women. its unattractive. the only thing it attracts is other guys.

so now i gotta spend a little while undoing what it took me 20 years to do. thank god its reversible.

ya GB helped wake me up to the fact bbing is very gay.
Which is one of the reasons why men's physique or Male Model (WBFF) and Musclemania seem to be more popular...in terms of what women want.
It gets to the point where you can be "too big" and it only impresses other men.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2014, 04:29:44 PM »
I stopped buying Muscular Development a couple of months ago. The coverage of the Olympia, only reason I bought it, was sparse at best. Nearly every section is absolute bollox. Maybe three or four good pages per issue but they are hard to find among the 5x10^8 shitty ads for products that are made of ash and ground up animal bones. Plus, the text has a background of glutes and men in hot pants.

Still, better than Flex. Nasser in denim shorts and pink, yes pink, CAT boots really grates me. That whole magazine is just a vehicle to peddle the gay rights agenda.
MD used to have spreads with female models with outrageous implants and electrical tape over their nipples...
So, in the mag you got bbers and then huge spreads of female models who are practically naked. I say that was balanced out. I am not sure, but, I think some had to have plastic wrappers and grocery stores and other outlets (and mothers) had complained about it.

B_B_C

• Getbig IV
  • change is the lot of all
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2014, 05:09:34 PM »
What can I say, I was 17 and very stupid. So stupid I done it again the next year.

indeed what can you say - apart from coming twice
c

oldgolds

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2014, 05:48:36 PM »
"Chemical wonders" in their "under-ware" saying "look how pretty I am...The whole thing is sick...

Dago_Joe

• Getbig III
  • Better to look good than to feel good: ALWAYS
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2014, 05:54:26 PM »
It's not gay if your dicks don't touch.
Seriously though three words:  Kai Green Grapefruit.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2014, 09:44:48 PM »
After joining this site.  ;D

This.

I guess I don't catch on too fast but it's only been recently, and I've been following bbing since the late 1970s, that I realized there is a real gay element in this "sport". I remember reading Franco's book back in 1978, "Coming on Strong" where he says that there were some gays in bodybuilding but these weren't the serious ones. I pretty much bought that line. It's really after coming on GetBig that I finally have come to realized and accept that this is a cult full of raging as well as closet homos.

I guess this shouldn't be a surprise all things considered.

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2014, 11:49:07 PM »
The posing routine seems gay.

The subjective judging seems gay. Like diving or figure skating or gymnastics.

The hitching of the thong into the ass crack seems gay.

alabama ftw

« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2014, 11:57:49 PM »

Automation

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2014, 11:58:14 PM »
GB opened my eyes to it all.... you look back and wonder how you didn't spot it. It was right there in front of you!

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2014, 11:59:04 PM »
15, found out it was only gay if I wanted it to be at 19.

alabama ftw

« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2014, 11:59:25 PM »