Author Topic: Best bulking steroid to add leg mass?  (Read 35049 times)

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
Re: Best bulking steroid to add leg mass?
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2014, 09:28:18 AM »
Here's a current picture of legs and comparing them to my upper body, I think they lag IMO. I'm turning 19 next month so I definitely have more time to grow though, hopefully your guys advice will help with my growth.

Those legs do not squat 405 for 8, not to any sort of depth anyway!

kevthekid

• Getbig III
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2014, 09:38:04 AM »
Those legs do not squat 405 for 8, not to any sort of depth anyway!

I used to play football all throughout highscjool and we did nothing every single day except Squat, front squat, box squat, bench, deadlift, and power clean and hang cleans. Doing those excercises 5 days a week at heavy weights at 5x5 for 4 years in a row PLUS going on AAS, it's possible. My legs were extremely skinny to the point where I would be embarrassed to wear shorts to school and they've grown tremendously compared to what they used to look like. Trust me, I can do it.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2014, 10:11:54 AM »
The reason I'm using AAS is a mixture of all your reasons. I am thinking about maybe competing but I have crippling anxiety and social anxiety so I really don't know if I have the balls to stand up without clothes on in front of a bunch of people. I also used them to increase my overall strength and size. I've been thinking about using AAS since I was 15 and did a lot of research about a year before I started and experimented with the prohormone  HDrol and decided that if I was already gonna destroy my liver for minimal gains, why not use the real stuff. I'm not gonna lie, I also decided to use them to look better and to be able to attract more girls and it DEFINATELY has helped because of all the people staring at me in the gym now, but mainly I just did it because I was tired of being scrawny all the time. My strength would always increase but I just would not grow no matter what, especially my arms and legs and I think it's because I have extremely long arms and legs and my wingspan is about 6 inches longer than my actual height, also I have very skinny wrists and goant hands so that really didn't help make me look bigger.I'm spending a lot of money on AAS but I just don't know if I can go through with competing and I know it sounds kinda stupid but I don't feel like I need to prove anything by going on stage and seeing how well my body compares to other people's and sort of just want to do it for myself and be the biggest and strongest I can possibly be. My ideal weight would be around 230-240 at about 8-10% BF and as of right now im 205 about 11-12%.

I was on D-bol and test when I was your age too. In my case, our family doctor prescribed it because my natural test levels were low due to hypogonadism and I was incredibly skinny as a result. The amount I took was very low compared to what you are using. My prescription for D-bol was 5 mg. a day, for example. I also only did this in a few 3 months cycles and then stopped which probably allowed my natural testosterone to resume. When you are on TRT, particularly if you are using large doses and you don't cycle, eventually your body's own testosterone production shuts down. You could be sacrificing your health in exchange for gaining a little muscle now as opposed to working for it overtime. As Whitewidow mentioned, guys often grow until their mid-twenties. I know that I found maintain my weight was much easier by the time I hit my early thirties.

I don't mean to put you down, but it is obvious that you are not experienced and knowledgeable when it comes to AAS. I say this because if you were, you'd know that it doesn't work selectively, meaning you can't take something that will just target your legs. To grow your quads and calves, you have to find an exercise routine that works for you. As I mentioned in another post, it seems to me you may be doing too much (overtraining) your legs. If you don't give your muscles the opportunity to recover between workouts, they can't grow.

Incidentally, I too have a "wing span" which is greater than my height. I understand how hard it is to attain the appearance of full muscles on long arms. My legs are short by comparison, so it was easier for me to get them looking big. These days, I strive to look fit and look good in clothes since no one wants to see an old guy in a thong.  ;)

kevthekid

• Getbig III
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2014, 10:18:30 AM »
I was on D-bol and test when I was your age too. In my case, our family doctor prescribed it because my natural test levels were low due to hypogonadism and I was incredibly skinny as a result. The amount I took was very low compared to what you are using. My prescription for D-bol was 5 mg. a day, for example. I also only did this in a few 3 months cycles and then stopped which probably allowed my natural testosterone to resume. When you are on TRT, particularly if you are using a large dose and you don't cycle, eventually your body testosterone production shuts down. You could be sacrificing your health in exchange for gaining a little muscle now as opposed to working for it overtime. As Whitewidow mentioned, guys often grow until their mid-twenties. I know that I found maintain my weight was much easier by the time I hit my early thirties.

I don't mean to put you down, but it is obvious that you are not experienced and knowledgeable when it comes to AAS. I say this because if you were, you'd know that it doesn't work selectively, meaning you can't take something that will just target your legs. To grow your quads and calves, you have to find an exercise routine that works for you. As I mentioned in another post, it seems to me you may be doing too much (overtraining) your legs. If you don't give your muscles the opportunity to recover between workouts, they can't grow.

Incidentally, I too have a "wing span" which is greater than my height. I understand how hard it is to attain the appearance of full muscles on long arms. My legs are short by comparison, so it was easier for me to get them looking big. These days, I strive to look fit and look good in clothes since no one wants to see and old guy in a thong.  ;)

I know what you mean, and I know I obviously know that there isn't a steroid that ONLY targets your leg and I guess I should have titled the thread differently so people wouldn't think I'm an idiot. I also know what you mean with the long arms. It's the biggest pain in the ass seeing your body grow but your arms staying the same no matter how hard you train them. I have the same exact problem with my rear delts and it took me SO long just to bring them up to par and they are still mediocre. I guess I was just born with shitty genetics😕 The great thing is though my calves have gotten substantially bigger than they were about 5 weeks ago and im pretty happy with the progress so no more chicken legs for me😁

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2014, 10:29:36 AM »
I know what you mean, and I know I obviously know that there isn't a steroid that ONLY targets your leg and I guess I should have titled the thread differently so people wouldn't think I'm an idiot. I also know what you mean with the long arms. It's the biggest pain in the ass seeing your body grow but your arms staying the same no matter how hard you train them. I have the same exact problem with my rear delts and it took me SO long just to bring them up to par and they are still mediocre. I guess I was just born with shitty genetics😕 The great thing is though my calves have gotten substantially bigger than they were about 5 weeks ago and im pretty happy with the progress so no more chicken legs for me😁

Bro, you're 18 and you look great. You have plenty of time to grow. Don't speak ill of your genetics. You've got a physique that can easily pull pussy. BBers with "great genetics" are midgets... be happy you're not.

For training look up something like Layne Norton's PHAT where you can get a good amount of volume but not overdo it like you've probably been.
A

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2014, 10:30:15 AM »

It is good to see that you understand we have to work with what we were given. Once you accept this, you can become all that you are capable of. One of the interesting things about being young is that when we are young we are more impatient than when we get older. If you have been able to see improvements in your calves in 5 weeks, that is amazing. You should congratulate yourself. Some people work on them their who lives without much success....look at Dennis Wolf.

I honestly believe if you follow a sensible diet, get plenty of rest, and develop a routine that works for you, given a little time and patience you will achieve the muscles you want. This won't happen in days, weeks or even months. I may take a few years. It just takes patience.

kevthekid

• Getbig III
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2014, 10:37:48 AM »
It is good to see that you understand we have to work with what we were given. Once you accept this, you can become all that you are capable of. One of the interesting things about being young is that when we are young we are more impatient than when we get older. If you have been able to see improvements in your calves in 5 weeks, that is amazing. You should congratulate yourself. Some people work on them their who lives without much success....look at Dennis Wolf.

I honestly believe if you follow a sensible diet, get plenty of rest, and develop a routine that works for you, given a little time and patience you will achieve the muscles you want. This won't happen in days, weeks or even months. I may take a few years. It just takes patience.

I've been completely patient and I know AAS isnt some magic shot you can take that makes you grow overnight, hell I thought I wouldn't even see results until the 3rd week but at the end of the first week I could already see seperation and fullness! Shit was crazy! And on another note my calves got bigger, especially in my ankle area which was weird but I think it was because of the UNBAREABLE calve pumps I get. I can't run for longer than 5 minutes without getting excruciating shin splints or calve pumps not sure which is which but for me, I get this really intense pain on the lower calve area on the sides and it really limits my cardio and calve workouts because usually by the end of them im on the ground in pain gripping my legs. Guess no pain no gain😂 and yeah I will be patient I don't expect anything to happen overnight or even over the course of a year i know it's gonna take years to get my physique where I want it and I'm not complaining about it it's actually fun seeing your body slowly grow over the months and years.

kevthekid

• Getbig III
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2014, 10:40:49 AM »
Bro, you're 18 and you look great. You have plenty of time to grow. Don't speak ill of your genetics. You've got a physique that can easily pull pussy. BBers with "great genetics" are midgets... be happy you're not.

For training look up something like Layne Norton's PHAT where you can get a good amount of volume but not overdo it like you've probably been.

I'll for sure look into his training after I send this post. And yeah that's one thing im greatful for is my height! and I know I have plenty of time to grow and I know i won't be getting dramatic results in a span of a few months and know it's gonna take years to get to where I want to be.

trapz101

• Getbig IV
  • team 'THE CORN'
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2014, 01:56:55 AM »
SQUAT 10 SETS OF 10 REPS AS MUCH WEIGHT AS YOU CAN HANDLE,3 TIMES A WEEK,THANK ME LATER
T

Simple Simon

« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2014, 02:30:18 AM »
SQUAT 10 SETS OF 10 REPS AS MUCH WEIGHT AS YOU CAN HANDLE,3 TIMES A WEEK,THANK ME LATER
Nonsense
If you are going to get good legs you will get good legs regardless of the excercises you perform.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2014, 03:20:06 AM »
leg ext are good for warmup but they do not build mass. leg ext are good for muscle seperation.

squat squat and front squat, close stance leg press.

standing and seated calves eod.

don't jog or run or bike. if you need cardio jump rope or clean & press.
Have not heard this old wifes tale for ages, donīt jog or cycle...  ::) Jeez where are you in a 50īs time zone?

jon cole

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2014, 04:30:45 AM »
legs ?

for strength = 2/3 set of 5 on squat, increasing weight each week (5/10lbs) + snatch grip deadlift.

for "mass" = 1 set of 20 squat with maximum weight + leg press 3 set of 12/15 + leg curl leg ext.
asstropin

Simple Simon

« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2014, 05:48:25 AM »
jeez, just do any exercises you like but do them intensely.

If its gonna happen it will happen.

whitewidow

« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2014, 06:01:04 AM »
The reason I'm using AAS is a mixture of all your reasons. I am thinking about maybe competing but I have crippling anxiety and social anxiety so I really don't know if I have the balls to stand up without clothes on in front of a bunch of people. I also used them to increase my overall strength and size. I've been thinking about using AAS since I was 15 and did a lot of research about a year before I started and experimented with the prohormone  HDrol and decided that if I was already gonna destroy my liver for minimal gains, why not use the real stuff. I'm not gonna lie, I also decided to use them to look better and to be able to attract more girls and it DEFINATELY has helped because of all the people staring at me in the gym now, but mainly I just did it because I was tired of being scrawny all the time. My strength would always increase but I just would not grow no matter what, especially my arms and legs and I think it's because I have extremely long arms and legs and my wingspan is about 6 inches longer than my actual height, also I have very skinny wrists and goant hands so that really didn't help make me look bigger.I'm spending a lot of money on AAS but I just don't know if I can go through with competing and I know it sounds kinda stupid but I don't feel like I need to prove anything by going on stage and seeing how well my body compares to other people's and sort of just want to do it for myself and be the biggest and strongest I can possibly be. My ideal weight would be around 230-240 at about 8-10% BF and as of right now im 205 about 11-12%.

well be patient good things come to those who wait. I jumped in on gear and was not very patient that's why I like fast acting esters and drugs like halo.  You did the right thing you might as well use real AAS if you were already had been using H-drol. No need to mess with that stuff it's actually safer to just use real AAS then to use designer steroids and prohormones. I will say Hdrol is strong stuff especially the very first batch the gaspari made way back in 2005 it was diffrent then Hdrol because it had the DMT(desoxy methyl Testosterone) in it as well as a masking agent and the ingredient H-drol has in it wich is like a Tbol pre-cursor. Gaspari was the first to bring out Halodrol then all the knock-offs came along like H-drol and some others.

But def a better choice to use the real shit then to mess with designer drugs and prohormones s I mentioned. That is how I looked at it too i thought why on earth would I use a Tbol precursor when i can buy REAl Tbol. The original halodrol-50 however is way stronger then H-drol or Real Tbol it's the craziest oral steroid i have used. It was only on the market maybe 3-4 weeks before gaspari pulled it and changed the formula just to what Hdrol had in it b ut the doses were 50mg . I believe hdrol were 25mg doses.

I have bad anxiety myself everybody here knows that and bodybuilding is a subjective sport and for some people being such a subjective sport it's hard to deal with because it's not what you think you look like or your friends or even the crown it is all decided by a few judges so too subjective of a sport for me and I know what goes on behind the scenes. some of the winners already know the promoter of these shows like the Emerald cup and those are the guys who usually win so you could tear the first place guy up and still lose.

Plus there is no real money in the sport unless you go pro and you have to be young and promising and marketable these days. I am just saying I'm now 32 years old and already a TRT patient so be prepared for issues like what happened to me.

kevthekid

• Getbig III
« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2014, 07:40:23 AM »
well be patient good things come to those who wait. I jumped in on gear and was not very patient that's why I like fast acting esters and drugs like halo.  You did the right thing you might as well use real AAS if you were already had been using H-drol. No need to mess with that stuff it's actually safer to just use real AAS then to use designer steroids and prohormones. I will say Hdrol is strong stuff especially the very first batch the gaspari made way back in 2005 it was diffrent then Hdrol because it had the DMT(desoxy methyl Testosterone) in it as well as a masking agent and the ingredient H-drol has in it wich is like a Tbol pre-cursor. Gaspari was the first to bring out Halodrol then all the knock-offs came along like H-drol and some others.

But def a better choice to use the real shit then to mess with designer drugs and prohormones s I mentioned. That is how I looked at it too i thought why on earth would I use a Tbol precursor when i can buy REAl Tbol. The original halodrol-50 however is way stronger then H-drol or Real Tbol it's the craziest oral steroid i have used. It was only on the market maybe 3-4 weeks before gaspari pulled it and changed the formula just to what Hdrol had in it b ut the doses were 50mg . I believe hdrol were 25mg doses.

I have bad anxiety myself everybody here knows that and bodybuilding is a subjective sport and for some people being such a subjective sport it's hard to deal with because it's not what you think you look like or your friends or even the crown it is all decided by a few judges so too subjective of a sport for me and I know what goes on behind the scenes. some of the winners already know the promoter of these shows like the Emerald cup and those are the guys who usually win so you could tear the first place guy up and still lose.

Plus there is no real money in the sport unless you go pro and you have to be young and promising and marketable these days. I am just saying I'm now 32 years old and already a TRT patient so be prepared for issues like what happened to me.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I was spending 100+ dollars on a prohormone cycle because it really does add up when you buy liver support, pct, multiple ph bottles etc for minimal gains on a 6 week cycle, when you can just go buy some Test for 40-50 dollars and run it for double the time and get better results than any prohormone would give you.

Fastback

• Getbig II
« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2014, 10:31:35 PM »
Have not heard this old wifes tale for ages, donīt jog or cycle...  ::) Jeez where are you in a 50īs time zone?

:)...lol

whitewidow

« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2014, 04:50:31 AM »
Couldn't have said it better myself. I was spending 100+ dollars on a prohormone cycle because it really does add up when you buy liver support, pct, multiple ph bottles etc for minimal gains on a 6 week cycle, when you can just go buy some Test for 40-50 dollars and run it for double the time and get better results than any prohormone would give you.

Now I train legs twice a week because I do hamstring and deadlifts on a seperate day then squats and leg pree supersets and walking lunges with free weights. Training legs 1 day a week is fine but for me I don't like hitting my hamstrings and doing to many extensions on the day I squat and do leg press and walking lunges. I also sperate calfs and train calfs three days a week. I use ben pakulskis calf execise method so training quads takes me 2 minutes. 10 rapes-10 sec break, 20 reps, 20 sec break, 30 reps-30 sec break, 40 reps 40 sec break,50 reps- your done.after afew weeks do a 60 rep set a 50 sec break after you do your 50 rep set. that method works. try to bounce around and use diffrnt machines you just have to have all the eights on your equipment and hustle your ass to the next calf exercise.

I'm just saying when I look back at it all I never thought i would wind up 32 years old and on TRT. I hate to say it but AAS use turned me into a drug addict. I am not really that hardcore of a addict anymore since I got on subutex and dropped most ofmy oxycodone usage but I use xanax for anxiety and I also used it because steroids gave me insomnia. So I started using valium at the age of 26 and when I couldn;t find anymore I was only able to find xanax wich is a fuck load stronger but I didn;t know that at the time I did a quick research check just to make sure it was a benzo like valium basically a (Human Tranquilizer)

I got addicted real fast! and I thought this was a drug you could just stop but man was I wrong and payed badly! worst withdrawals ever! I couldn;t figure out what was going on with my body and why I was feeling so shitty. I had restless leg syndrome,sweats,the shits, I had to piss alot, I felt like I was going to faint I actually thought I was diabetic since I had to piss every 30 minutes.

I went to the ER and did bloodwork panel and everything was fine I wasn't but I was now a xanax addict so I did start getting legal prescriptions but they startedme on a weaker benzo wich was Ativan and i had to go se a psych doctor to get prescribed xanax because that was the protocol.I had kaiser insurance and the doctors don;t prescribe xanax they leave that up to a psych doctor.I never ever though I would even have to see a psych doctor in my life as well.

I also had bad bouts of pain issues once i started getting 23 years old and I knew how bad opiate based painkillers were so I dealt with the pain for years and never went as low as using opiates painkillers but I ended up lasting 3 more years and by age 26 I was dipping into the oxycontin and abusing it pretty badly! I'm just giving you a warning I was in your shoes once and the best advice I can give is your going to have some ches and pains especially if your lifting heavy and also lifting almost daily plus cardio something is bound to get irritated for me it was my neck to start with it would glitch up and I wasn't able to move it for sometimes a whole week or more then it would subside but it was awful then I started having lower vertabrae issues.

anyway stay away from painkillers and if you have anxiety that's very hatrd to deal with without drugs because believe me it dosn;t get better as you age, mine got worse and anxiety medications especially benzo drugs all have incredible muscle relaxant effects so they really do work great but not worth the addiction that is bound to come along.

You might even have to go on TRT like me and I'm only 32 so that is super young to be a TRT patient. I'll never have kids. not that I want any but this is a rough sport. shooting steroids is no big deal but to some people it makes them think they are superhuman and other drugs won't dring them down or they can kick any drug when they want it dosn;t work like that.

I could post a video of a Pro bodybuilder who had a horrible time with nubain and painkilers and it happened because he was in pain and used to doing injections. Paul demayo same shit he thought no big deal to shoot up heroin but it eventually killed him, PJbraun just got busted and when they raided his house they found test,deca,halo and percocets so it comes along with the territory or is in the scene so just please stay away from any opiate painkillers and if you need anxiety meds at any point consult a physician. It sucks because they work so great and they took my anxiety away and made me a feel alot better in every way possible but addiction came along with it.

I am not in anyway saying you use any of these meds but my best advice is to avoid them at all costs and just be aware long term steroid use will likely make you have low testosterone so then your going to be on TRT like me maybe eveny ounger then i am when you get TRT,if you stop when your young you have a way better chanc of your natural test levels coming back to normal(if you keep using years in a row you will have some issues) anyway you look good for your age. I didn't have that great of legs when i was 18 years old but nobody I trained with cared about legs much.

Now I train legs twice a week because I do hamstring and deadlifts on a seperate day then squats and leg pree supersets and walking lunges with free weights. Training legs 1 day a week is fine but for me I don't like hitting my hamstrings and doing to many extensions on the day I squat and do leg press and walking lunges. I also seperate calfs and train calfs
 two- three days a week.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2014, 11:09:33 AM »
Now I train legs twice a week because I do hamstring and deadlifts on a seperate day then squats and leg pree supersets and walking lunges with free weights. Training legs 1 day a week is fine but for me I don't like hitting my hamstrings and doing to many extensions on the day I squat and do leg press and walking lunges. I also sperate calfs and train calfs three days a week. I use ben pakulskis calf execise method so training quads takes me 2 minutes. 10 rapes-10 sec break, 20 reps, 20 sec break, 30 reps-30 sec break, 40 reps 40 sec break,50 reps- your done.after afew weeks do a 60 rep set a 50 sec break after you do your 50 rep set. that method works. try to bounce around and use diffrnt machines you just have to have all the eights on your equipment and hustle your ass to the next calf exercise.

I'm just saying when I look back at it all I never thought i would wind up 32 years old and on TRT. I hate to say it but AAS use turned me into a drug addict. I am not really that hardcore of a addict anymore since I got on subutex and dropped most ofmy oxycodone usage but I use xanax for anxiety and I also used it because steroids gave me insomnia. So I started using valium at the age of 26 and when I couldn;t find anymore I was only able to find xanax wich is a fuck load stronger but I didn;t know that at the time I did a quick research check just to make sure it was a benzo like valium basically a (Human Tranquilizer)

I got addicted real fast! and I thought this was a drug you could just stop but man was I wrong and payed badly! worst withdrawals ever! I couldn;t figure out what was going on with my body and why I was feeling so shitty. I had restless leg syndrome,sweats,the shits, I had to piss alot, I felt like I was going to faint I actually thought I was diabetic since I had to piss every 30 minutes.

I went to the ER and did bloodwork panel and everything was fine I wasn't but I was now a xanax addict so I did start getting legal prescriptions but they startedme on a weaker benzo wich was Ativan and i had to go se a psych doctor to get prescribed xanax because that was the protocol.I had kaiser insurance and the doctors don;t prescribe xanax they leave that up to a psych doctor.I never ever though I would even have to see a psych doctor in my life as well.

I also had bad bouts of pain issues once i started getting 23 years old and I knew how bad opiate based painkillers were so I dealt with the pain for years and never went as low as using opiates painkillers but I ended up lasting 3 more years and by age 26 I was dipping into the oxycontin and abusing it pretty badly! I'm just giving you a warning I was in your shoes once and the best advice I can give is your going to have some ches and pains especially if your lifting heavy and also lifting almost daily plus cardio something is bound to get irritated for me it was my neck to start with it would glitch up and I wasn't able to move it for sometimes a whole week or more then it would subside but it was awful then I started having lower vertabrae issues.

anyway stay away from painkillers and if you have anxiety that's very hatrd to deal with without drugs because believe me it dosn;t get better as you age, mine got worse and anxiety medications especially benzo drugs all have incredible muscle relaxant effects so they really do work great but not worth the addiction that is bound to come along.

You might even have to go on TRT like me and I'm only 32 so that is super young to be a TRT patient. I'll never have kids. not that I want any but this is a rough sport. shooting steroids is no big deal but to some people it makes them think they are superhuman and other drugs won't dring them down or they can kick any drug when they want it dosn;t work like that.

I could post a video of a Pro bodybuilder who had a horrible time with nubain and painkilers and it happened because he was in pain and used to doing injections. Paul demayo same shit he thought no big deal to shoot up heroin but it eventually killed him, PJbraun just got busted and when they raided his house they found test,deca,halo and percocets so it comes along with the territory or is in the scene so just please stay away from any opiate painkillers and if you need anxiety meds at any point consult a physician. It sucks because they work so great and they took my anxiety away and made me a feel alot better in every way possible but addiction came along with it.

I am not in anyway saying you use any of these meds but my best advice is to avoid them at all costs and just be aware long term steroid use will likely make you have low testosterone so then your going to be on TRT like me maybe eveny ounger then i am when you get TRT,if you stop when your young you have a way better chanc of your natural test levels coming back to normal(if you keep using years in a row you will have some issues) anyway you look good for your age. I didn't have that great of legs when i was 18 years old but nobody I trained with cared about legs much.

Now I train legs twice a week because I do hamstring and deadlifts on a seperate day then squats and leg pree supersets and walking lunges with free weights. Training legs 1 day a week is fine but for me I don't like hitting my hamstrings and doing to many extensions on the day I squat and do leg press and walking lunges. I also seperate calfs and train calfs
 two- three days a week.

You have sacrificed a lot for bodybuilding. Do you think it has been worth it?

It is good that you tell your story, particularly for young folks just getting into bodybuilding. It is important they know about all the risks involved.

32 is young to be permanently on TRT. Although I am currently on TRT, it has only been for that last few years and my dosage is pretty low at 150 mg per week. It does make me feel better.

I feel fortunate that I have approached bodybuilding and all it entails in moderation. The trade off was that I would never be a competitive bodybuilder or even close. That's okay though for me; I just wanted to be fit and healthy. At 70 years of age, I am doing pretty well. I don't have a pot belly and I still have some muscle.

There are a few mature fellows who workout where I do and who look like they are in pain all the time. One fellow in particular, who as a lot of size, appears to be in a lot of pain. Of course I don't know if this is due to overtraining or as a result of something else.

kevthekid

• Getbig III
« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2014, 11:17:53 AM »

two- three days a week.

Trust me I was popping xannies and smoking weed 24/7 about 2 years ago it got to the point where I couldn't even remember what I did the day before but after I got caught and almost sent to jail i dropped all drugs and took up weightlifting as a serious sport to keep myself busy. It helped me a lot and I still have social anxiety all the time and it's just really awkward to talk to some people that I've never met or like going to a crowded mall I feel anxious and my anxiety goes through the roof and I sweat a lot but no matter how bad it gets id never go back to that drug lifestyle it was just too much for me and getting me nowhere in life. Also I do train calves 3 times a week but my new gym doesn't have too many calve machines, but the old golds gym i used to go to had every single one imaginable. Currently I do calves 3 times a week and do 4 sets of 12-15 on a seated calve raise and 4 sets of 12-15 with a dropset on a seated calve press. Now that I'm on tren I really can't do any more than yhat because I get either really bad shin splints or calve pumps but after a few weeks my ankle area and calves got a lot larger

Simple Simon

« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2014, 12:54:28 PM »

Trust me I was popping xannies and smoking weed 24/7 about 2 years ago it got to the point where I couldn't even remember what I did the day before but after I got caught and almost sent to jail i dropped all drugs and took up weightlifting as a serious sport to keep myself busy. It helped me a lot and I still have social anxiety all the time and it's just really awkward to talk to some people that I've never met or like going to a crowded mall I feel anxious and my anxiety goes through the roof and I sweat a lot but no matter how bad it gets id never go back to that drug lifestyle it was just too much for me and getting me nowhere in life. Also I do train calves 3 times a week but my new gym doesn't have too many calve machines, but the old golds gym i used to go to had every single one imaginable. Currently I do calves 3 times a week and do 4 sets of 12-15 on a seated calve raise and 4 sets of 12-15 with a dropset on a seated calve press. Now that I'm on tren I really can't do any more than yhat because I get either really bad shin splints or calve pumps but after a few weeks my ankle area and calves got a lot larger

Lol.

kevthekid

• Getbig III
« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2014, 03:18:15 PM »
Lol.

Don't understand how it's funny? I think I've grown a lot for an 18 year old since I take it serious

whitewidow

« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2014, 05:51:04 AM »
You have sacrificed a lot for bodybuilding. Do you think it has been worth it?

It is good that you tell your story, particularly for young folks just getting into bodybuilding. It is important they know about all the risks involved.

32 is young to be permanently on TRT. Although I am currently on TRT, it has only been for that last few years and my dosage is pretty low at 150 mg per week. It does make me feel better.

I feel fortunate that I have approached bodybuilding and all it entails in moderation. The trade off was that I would never be a competitive bodybuilder or even close. That's okay though for me; I just wanted to be fit and healthy. At 70 years of age, I am doing pretty well. I don't have a pot belly and I still have some muscle.

There are a few mature fellows who workout where I do and who look like they are in pain all the time. One fellow in particular, who as a lot of size, appears to be in a lot of pain. Of course I don't know if this is due to overtraining or as a result of something else.

It was worth it till I messed with the opiate based painkillers then that was just a mess . would I say it was worth it NO because the guys I got steroids from turned me onto other rec drugs like alot of opiate based painkillers like oxycontin,dilauded,Opana and benzos like valium and xanax.

It was like that movie the wrestler when mickey rourke was buying steroids in the locker room and his dealer didn't just sell steroids he sold everything from AAS,HGH,oxycontin,valium,nubain,cocaine, if you watch that movie look for that part the guy offers him all sorts of shit and that is what happened to me and I got pretty deep involved with it all because these guys were big time dealers and there was alot of money in it, these guys would try to get you working for them and it's hard to turn down fast cash especialy since this sport is not cheap and extra 10-15K a month is nice.

So I would say if I would have stayed away from the rec drugs Yes it was worth it but since I didn;t "just say no" it was not worth it. but since your bound to get pain issues when your lifting heavy especially as a young man and your ego lifting basically it takes awhile to gte mature enough to leave your ego at the door and lift to actually contract your muscles and not just do alot of weight with bad form it happens all the time with young kids in their teens and early 20's. . hell I only get 200mg shot of Test cypionate every 2 weeks.

whitewidow

« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2014, 05:56:36 AM »

train calfs like this. Ive gotten crazy gains doing this method. Justin compton does this method as well it's really catching on. But on another not on my second calf day I do maybe sets of real low volume, I'm talking maybe 5 reps but with very strict form with a very slow pause at the end of every rep and I go really heavy. so I do switch it up but twice a week I do this way

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2014, 08:13:15 AM »
Very good build for your age, keep up the good work. food + drugs + training compounded over time is what will build you muscle....it takes a LONG TIME to build a respectable physique.

As for your quads, two things: for one, you're taller than many bodybuilders, so your legs will be more difficult to fill out.

Secondly, you mention squatting 405x8...I'm sure that you can squat this much weight, but I'm guessing you're feeling it everywhere BUT your quads.  Back, hips, hamstrings--that's probably what's doing the lifting.

Drop the weight to 185-225 and do 5 sets of 20 reps, no locking out or pausing in between reps.  Use a weight where you can FEEL your quads flexing and working.  If you can't feel them working, the weight is too heavy.

kevthekid

• Getbig III
« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2014, 11:27:48 AM »
train calfs like this. Ive gotten crazy gains doing this method. Justin compton does this method as well it's really catching on. But on another not on my second calf day I do maybe sets of real low volume, I'm talking maybe 5 reps but with very strict form with a very slow pause at the end of every rep and I go really heavy. so I do switch it up but twice a week I do this way

Yep! I started training calves like this since the beggining of my cycle and I swear on my life my ankle have gotten thicker haha also im finally getting decent vascularity in my calves so that's a plus and I do them 3x a week