Author Topic: Best Horror Movies  (Read 36148 times)

The Ugly

• Getbig V
Re: Best Horror Movie
« Reply #100 on: October 23, 2014, 03:27:43 PM »
In general I'm not a horror fan - because I'm a pussy and get scared and stay up at night just staring at the ceiling lol

But horror movies that I have enjoyed:

1.  28 days later
2.  Dawn of the dead (the remake - never saw the original)
3.  The Shining (to be fair I had read the book before)
4.  The Mist (Not super scary but fucked up ending in the movie version - I had also read the book before)
5.  I am Legend - Not really a horror movie but It scared the shit out of me nonetheless!
6.  Alien - YES!!!
7.  Bram Stokers Dracula - Just because I love how it brings in the history of Vlad the Impaler
8.  Signs - not super scary or anything but really erked me out!
9.  Fire in the Sky - not a horror movie by any account... BUT THERE IS THAT ONE SCENE!!!

A couple of comments on what you guys posted (Full disclosure:  I haven't seen any of those below, just read about them):

A Serbian Film - Everyone and Anyone will confirm there is no plot or story or point - its just someone trying to get major shock out of the audience.

Cannibal Holocaust - From what I recall the filmmakers were taken to court for that true turtle killing and because some people really believed that the impaled girl was really killed (along with other fake corpses in the movie) - also I think I read two of the cast members fucked in real life prior to filming to prepare for the movie!

Martyr - Holy shit, I just read the plot on Wikipedia and WTF!!!!  Seriously WTF!!!!!

One of the most disturbing movies I've ever read about and I can in no way get myself to watch is:  Salo or the 120 days of sodom  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sal%C3%B2,_or_the_120_Days_of_Sodom

Salo - Holy shit, I just read the plot on Wikipedia and WTF!!!!  Seriously WTF!!!!!

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #101 on: October 23, 2014, 03:58:37 PM »
1. Exorcist
2. Carrie
3. The Shining
4. Nightmare on Elm Street
5. Alien

The Exorcist far and away is my #1. Legitimately scared the shit out of me when I saw it. It is the only horror movie I saw people walk out of.

nightmare on elm street,wow u just brought back some great memories for me. it happenend in 88,i met some broad from woodbridge,nj,she lived near the mall actually. me and her used to watch freddy on my tv  alot,we had a few tapes of the nightmare on elm street series.we would go to brooklyn and cop some kick ass skunk weed then hit up chinese take out resteraunt and order about 75 bucks worth of food,we would get stoned about hour before food was ready and we would eat n then fuck for 30 minutes or so,then eat again and smoke some more herb than start fucking again. best days of my life,miss it bad
R

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #102 on: October 23, 2014, 04:23:06 PM »
Salo is one of those films that gets by on its reputation, like a lot of 70's horror, it's not a great film, and not particularly shocking or disturbing now. Here's the film and selected clips -

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #103 on: October 23, 2014, 04:29:49 PM »
this wasnt bad

R

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #104 on: October 23, 2014, 04:36:46 PM »
this might be more sci fi but its got some horror in it :D

R

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: October 23, 2014, 04:54:35 PM »
I love all things horror, even the bad ones...

All Hallows Eve

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #106 on: October 23, 2014, 04:57:58 PM »
I love all things horror, even the bad ones...

All Hallows Eve

this is my favorite month man cause of halloween,every other tv station got a horror flick on,im in heaven ;D my wifes like oh no another horror movie ::) i feel like doing that shit in the horror movie on her ass sometimes,im sharpening my meat cleaver as im typing ;)
R

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #107 on: October 23, 2014, 05:11:47 PM »
these 2 werent bad either
R

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #108 on: October 23, 2014, 07:14:24 PM »
1. Exorcist
2. Carrie
3. The Shining
4. Nightmare on Elm Street
5. Alien

The Exorcist far and away is my #1. Legitimately scared the shit out of me when I saw it. It is the only horror movie I saw people walk out of.

Most need to understand, it was 1973 and this movie was the first of it's kind.  People were literally fainting and throwing up in the theaters. 

Here is a great documentary film from 1973 describing/showing the impact of The Exorcist.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #109 on: October 23, 2014, 07:24:37 PM »
Most need to understand, it was 1973 and this movie was the first of it's kind.  People were literally fainting and throwing up in the theaters. 

Here is a great documentary film from 1973 describing/showing the impact of The Exorcist.

i saw it in movies in 73 n saw jaws 2 yrs later in same movies,2 awesome blockbuster movies in  2 yr period. exorcist was one of a kind and it was/is a masterpeice no doubt.
R

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: October 23, 2014, 07:43:48 PM »
i saw it in movies in 73 n saw jaws 2 yrs later in same movies,2 awesome blockbuster movies in  2 yr period. exorcist was one of a kind and it was/is a masterpeice no doubt.

Was a little too young for the Exorcist in '73, but I saw Jaws in '75 and everything else that came after it.

IMO, the 70's was the best decade for all types of movies... The Godfather, Poseidon Adventure, The Exorcist, Young Frankenstein, Jaws, One Flew Over the Cuckoos Next, Rocky, Star Wars, Alien, etc.  All fantastic movies and most of them had great soundtracks too.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #111 on: October 23, 2014, 08:54:01 PM »
Was a little too young for the Exorcist in '73, but I saw Jaws in '75 and everything else that came after it.

IMO, the 70's was the best decade for all types of movies... The Godfather, Poseidon Adventure, The Exorcist, Young Frankenstein, Jaws, One Flew Over the Cuckoos Next, Rocky, Star Wars, Alien, etc.  All fantastic movies and most of them had great soundtracks too.

i agree about the movies no doubt, n maybe im being a little bias but the 70,s had some of the best music also. i was 10 in 75 N REMEMBER the big disco scene appear,wow it was crazy.i actually got in to watch the exorcist at 8 cause it was suppose to be 10yrs old to get in,my uncle slipped the guy a 5 dollar bill n i got in :D
R

Alucard

• Getbig IV
« Reply #112 on: October 23, 2014, 11:34:41 PM »
In general I'm not a horror fan - because I'm a pussy and get scared and stay up at night just staring at the ceiling lol

But horror movies that I have enjoyed:

1.  28 days later
2.  Dawn of the dead (the remake - never saw the original)
3.  The Shining (to be fair I had read the book before)
4.  The Mist (Not super scary but fucked up ending in the movie version - I had also read the book before)
5.  I am Legend - Not really a horror movie but It scared the shit out of me nonetheless!
6.  Alien - YES!!!
7.  Bram Stokers Dracula - Just because I love how it brings in the history of Vlad the Impaler
8.  Signs - not super scary or anything but really erked me out!
9.  Fire in the Sky - not a horror movie by any account... BUT THERE IS THAT ONE SCENE!!!

A couple of comments on what you guys posted (Full disclosure:  I haven't seen any of those below, just read about them):

A Serbian Film - Everyone and Anyone will confirm there is no plot or story or point - its just someone trying to get major shock out of the audience.

Cannibal Holocaust - From what I recall the filmmakers were taken to court for that true turtle killing and because some people really believed that the impaled girl was really killed (along with other fake corpses in the movie) - also I think I read two of the cast members fucked in real life prior to filming to prepare for the movie!

Martyr - Holy shit, I just read the plot on Wikipedia and WTF!!!!  Seriously WTF!!!!!

One of the most disturbing movies I've ever read about and I can in no way get myself to watch is:  Salo or the 120 days of sodom  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sal%C3%B2,_or_the_120_Days_of_Sodom

Salò, or the 120 Days Of Sodom, a masterpiece from Pier Paolo Pasolini (a talented weirdo himself), i have it original on VHS, disturbing in many ways...

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: October 23, 2014, 11:37:01 PM »
Salò, or the 120 Days Of Sodom, a masterpiece from Pier Paolo Pasolini (a talented weirdo himself), i have it original on VHS, disturbing in many ways...

Read he was murdered shortly after its release.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: October 24, 2014, 12:05:11 AM »

Oh, lovely. Especially enjoyed the exquisite shit feast.

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #115 on: October 24, 2014, 02:52:22 AM »
120 days of Sodom was based on a book by Marquis de Sade.

Has anyone read it? Sounds quite interesting/disturbing:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_120_Days_of_Sodom

Alucard

• Getbig IV
« Reply #116 on: October 24, 2014, 03:33:01 AM »
Read he was murdered shortly after its release.
Yes, being a known homosexual, or at least bis, Pasolini was supposedly killed by a young minor that he tried to have sex with... Hard to say if it really happened that way, many things don't add up, still an unsolved case...

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: October 24, 2014, 06:20:18 AM »
Salo - Holy shit, I just read the plot on Wikipedia and WTF!!!!  Seriously WTF!!!!!

I know right??? Wtf!!

phil mcgroin

• Getbig III
« Reply #118 on: October 24, 2014, 06:30:06 AM »
I think its called centipede

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #119 on: October 24, 2014, 07:43:41 AM »
Thanks bro, almost forgot Jaws. How many people were afraid to go in the water after that?

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #120 on: October 24, 2014, 07:56:35 AM »

The movie is boring as shit, laughable at best... ::)

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #121 on: October 24, 2014, 09:33:20 AM »
I think its called centipede

The Human Centipede. The first one is pretty tame but I've heard the second is quite nasty. Never seen it though.

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #122 on: October 24, 2014, 09:53:43 AM »
The Human Centipede. The first one is pretty tame but I've heard the second is quite nasty. Never seen it though.

Yeah, the 2nd one is disgusting (doesn't make it a good movie though)

Alucard

• Getbig IV
« Reply #123 on: October 24, 2014, 10:01:02 AM »
Thanks bro, almost forgot Jaws. How many people were afraid to go in the water after that?
I was a pro swimmer, still open water in the sea was always giving me uneasy feelings, still does of course... Like something lurking under that dark water, you watch down and you see a mouth full of sharp teeth ready to feast with your body... I would probably die of fear, lol...

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: October 24, 2014, 10:39:33 AM »
IMO, one of the best trailers in horror movie history.  And the tagline at the end is pure genius.