Author Topic: I need to get this off of my chest.  (Read 16619 times)

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: I need to get this off of my chest.
« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2014, 03:29:04 AM »
Isnt it odd that voices in your head never tell you to do anything positive?

i think because doing bad shit seems more appealing,my shrink told me im an adrenaline junkie,i was the type of guy that was more excited to go buy the drugs and out smarting the police than i was doing the drugs,i like the thrill of going in bad neighborhoods and knowing i can get shot or arrested,i know its sick but thats what i liked. some people just dont feel like they r alive unless they live on the edge
R

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2014, 03:33:13 AM »
People would argue that I have never posted anything worthwhile regardless  ;D

Touche!

D.O.A.

• Getbig IV
  • Revenge is a dish best served ice cold
« Reply #52 on: November 07, 2014, 03:35:26 AM »
Disagree, and it has zero to do with your blood. Some/many/most? may struggle with it their whole lives, but what you're repeating is simply AA dogma. A single exception proves it wrong. I know dozens. Dudes who drank their lives away in their 20s and 30s are 50/60 now, drinking a single beer or glass of wine with dinner. No desire to have another or get drunk. Shouldn't be possible, yet here they are.
but then they are not aloholics.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #53 on: November 07, 2014, 03:38:20 AM »

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: November 07, 2014, 03:40:11 AM »

so this thread was just a cry for attention

funny how they all turn out like that

stick to the copy and paste threads

at least they dont make you look like a moral free scum ball
T

D.O.A.

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: November 07, 2014, 03:46:03 AM »
Disagree, and it has zero to do with your blood. Some/many/most? may struggle with it their whole lives, but what you're repeating is simply AA dogma. A single exception proves it wrong. I know dozens. Dudes who drank their lives away in their 20s and 30s are 50/60 now, drinking a single beer or glass of wine with dinner. No desire to have another or get drunk. Shouldn't be possible, yet here they are.
I know people like this too. Some people just grow out of it.I agree.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #56 on: November 07, 2014, 03:49:38 AM »
i like to drink negrita and imagine i am on a sunny beach with black women all around me

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #57 on: November 07, 2014, 03:50:46 AM »
i like to drink negrita and imagine i am on a sunny beach with black women all around me

yes me to, man i wish i was a young buck like u again.i miss it bad
R

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: November 07, 2014, 03:51:03 AM »
so this thread was just a cry for attention

funny how they all turn out like that

stick to the copy and paste threads

at least they dont make you look like a moral free scum ball
Why do you always seem to want to pick a fight?

D.O.A. contradicted himself.

In one post, he says: "Once an alcoholic, always an alcoholic. It's in your blood."

Then after Ugly says that he has seen multiple people who were heavy drinkers for years, be able to drink casually.............. D.O.A. says that they "weren't alcoholics then."  ???

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: November 07, 2014, 03:52:30 AM »
Then why did you say this?

Once you are an alcoholic always an alcoholic. You are just not a practicing one but it is in your blood.
The end!

Automation

• Getbig IV
« Reply #60 on: November 07, 2014, 04:00:29 AM »

I admire your posting volume more knowing it is hammered out on a shitty acer laptop

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #61 on: November 07, 2014, 04:11:14 AM »
Acer Laptop-Construction of Peace!

D.O.A.

• Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: November 07, 2014, 04:11:46 AM »
Then why did you say this?

Not everyone who drinks is an alcoholic.
There are scocial drinkers too. Kids that get wasted every weekend but later just grow out of it.
"Some just cant". They have to work a program for the rest of there life's.
That's someone that's powerless over alcohol or drugs, an alcoholic.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: November 07, 2014, 04:15:16 AM »
Not everyone who drinks is an alcoholic.
There are scocial drinkers too. Kids that get wasted every weekend but later just grow out of it.
"Some just cant". They have to work a program for the rest of there life's.
That's someone that's powerless over alcohol or drugs, an alcoholic.
I get that, but Ugly specifically mentioned "heavy drinkers" for over 20-30 years.

That is an alcoholic.

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #64 on: November 07, 2014, 04:19:08 AM »
Not sure I agree. I know all about Bill W., his program, and what the addiction experts all say, but I really think they're over simplifying the issue. And most of the counselors are themselves recovering something-or-others, who view the entire world through the eyes of an addict and accept the literature as gospel.

I've heard "experts" swear that if you've ever been drunk even once, you're an alcoholic, which sounds completely absurd. And they'll often immediately conclude that any other minor behavioral issue you make the mistake of "sharing" (overate once or twice, got a bit reckless with a credit card, etc.) is likewise an addiction that requires another recovery group in addition to theirs.

They are far from objective observers, and quite frankly, are themselves often entirely more fucked up than most of their clients. They live and breathe recovery, and everything in their lives revolves around meetings, steps, the program, and their "disease." They simply trade their substance addiction for a new one: the cult of recovery.

Back to the original point, though: Personalities vary, as do individual battles (successes and failures) with whatever substance issue with which one is battling or has battled. It's far from a perfect theory or system, and plenty of folks deal with their shit, either working the program, or simply quitting cold turkey. And plenty of those same folks eventually grow out of the reckless mindset that contributed to their problematic overindulgences, and no longer behave like addicts anymore (despite popular belief). They can even have a few drinks now and then ("Relapse" to the cultists) and be absolutely fine, just like any other responsible social drinker. They don't immediately fall back into the same impulsive habits anymore, as the experts would have you believe, because they are no longer that person. Happens all the time, just not with everybody.

It's absolutely behavioral and behavior can change. Obviously some are more prone to the behavior than others, but to call it a disease undermines/alters the word's definition (regardless of what the AMA says; they also said homosexuality was a mental disorder, so let's apply a little perspective with these geniuses). Plus, it's incredibly insulting to folks with cancer, MS, ALS, etc., who can't just twelve step their way to good health. In no universe, can a disease force your hand to grip a bottle and raise it to your mouth. The desire may be overwhelming, but following through is a CHOICE, absolute no-brainer.

Bottom line: If the program helps, embrace it; if you know you've outgrown your "addiction," live your life accordingly and ignore the cultist dogma.

Fuck, that was a Prime/Basile novel there: TL;DR;GFM!

good post!

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: November 07, 2014, 04:31:13 AM »
I get that, but Ugly specifically mentioned "heavy drinkers" for over 20-30 years.

That is an alcoholic.

an alcoholic is someone that has a dependency on alcohol

its as simple as that

you are trying to minimise your dependence

the very worst thing you can do
T

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: November 07, 2014, 05:11:50 AM »
an alcoholic is someone that has a dependency on alcohol

its as simple as that

you are trying to minimise your dependence

the very worst thing you can do
No I am not. I was in denial before, I fully admit that.

I do have have a problem with alcohol. For the last few years I have been an alcoholic, but I absolutely believe I can get past this. There is nothing wrong with optimism.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: November 07, 2014, 05:25:41 AM »
but then they are not aloholics.

Wordplay is all. They're absolutely alcoholics (at the time), probably the worst in the room, most of them. Personal questionnaire was off the charts and they failed AA's go-to definition: If alcohol has negatively affected your life in any way, you might be an alcoholic. Well, drunk every day, several DUIs, problems with family, friends, work, the law, health, the whole shebang. All alcohol-related. If they weren't alcoholics, nobody is.

You're basing your conclusion on the fact that they were able to overcome it, which is blasphemy according to the recovery cult. Nothing at all to do with willpower, they insist. Disease, helpless. Nonsense. Everything to do with willpower, ultimately.

No offense intended, but you've possibly been brainwashed by the mantra. You're simply regurgitating their script. They've taken what works for most, and it does, but then insist everybody's the same, hopeless without eternal dedication to the program, which makes their legions fearful dependents. And then the fail-safe standards for defectors who either (1) succeed on their own, or (2) return to responsible social drinking. 1) a white-knuckling 'dry drunk' (can't be truly "sober" without the blessed steps), who will inevitably relapse. And yours 2) never an alcoholic. Stock replies, similar to how religions deflect logical challenges to their faith.

AA cultists are too deeply entrenched to question the literature objectively, but really, what's the point? If it's working for them, great. Why question what's helping? Just not buying the perfect science bullshit is all.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: November 07, 2014, 05:27:18 AM »

Ok, then please disregard my post above this. Didn't mean any disrespect toward you at all.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #69 on: November 07, 2014, 05:42:06 AM »

Better make sure your wallet is well hidden  :-X

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #70 on: November 07, 2014, 06:10:26 AM »
Quitter.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: November 07, 2014, 06:11:51 AM »
No I am not. I was in denial before, I fully admit that.

I do have have a problem with alcohol. For the last few years I have been an alcoholic, but I absolutely believe I can get past this. There is nothing wrong with optimism.

on another note congratulations n throwing get big under the bus

and siding with the person who tried to take it under

anything for a mod spot eh shizz

even if it is on a site which will have one poster
T

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #72 on: November 07, 2014, 06:22:08 AM »
Alcoholics always consider themselves alcoholics as a reminder that they have an on going problem with addiction that never goes away. An addicted must always be vigilant against relapse.  Its not like having the flu and once it passes it's over. 
A

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #73 on: November 07, 2014, 06:49:51 AM »
on another note congratulations n throwing get big under the bus

and siding with the person who tried to take it under

anything for a mod spot eh shizz

even if it is on a site which will have one poster

Unbelievable if true.

Actually, totally predictable if true.