Author Topic: Old School Supplements, what was the first one you tried?  (Read 20352 times)

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
Re: Old School Supplements, what was the first one you tried?
« Reply #50 on: November 28, 2014, 07:35:06 AM »
I loved all those twinlab products, amino fuel, ripped fuel, zma fuel. Bottles looked cool lined up, but did they didn't do fuck ;D

ZMA didn't do shit bodybuilding wise but it used to give me some awesome very realistic vivid dreams.....I swear to you, no bullshit, I had a dream that I was fighting a monster on Mars and it was like I was in a videogame , it was so damn real

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: November 28, 2014, 07:36:49 AM »

They promised steroid-like gains...except in New York.

I was going to buy this..I remember they had Markus Ruhl on the box, saying this is what he used.....wow...I really fell for that one

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2014, 07:39:43 AM »
I was going to buy this..I remember they had Markus Ruhl on the box, saying this is what he used.....wow...I really fell for that one

I remember going to the store to get some of this stuff, but they were "out of stock" ... so I was spared wasting money on this.
~

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: November 28, 2014, 07:43:55 AM »
Lots of memories here.  Used Metabolol II, Cybergenics, Anabolic Megapacks, Musco MXT, whatever.  I actually got some gains from the stuff that had calories in it.  

The shocking thing is that any supplements sell these days, much less that there are millions made on them.  How has that entire industry not collapsed with the advent of the Internet and the availability of mail order roids?  None of those things work.  None.  Food is food.  Drugs are drugs.  Supplements are food and give you food like gains.  You will be bigger and stronger today from your thanksgiving meal.  That ain't a drug.  There is a great truth revealed in the fact that any of this shit still sells.

the stuff still sells because the government by and large leaves the supplement companies alone and doesn't prosecute them for false advertising.....the ONLY time the government gets involved is if THE SUPPLEMENT ACTUALLY WORKS........THEN THE GOVERNMENT SWOOPS IN TO SEE WHATS IN THE STUFF....a good example of this is the very first HYDROXYCUT/EPHEDRA which was an awesome weight/fat reducer that the government banned because three people died, and that supplement that Rich Gaspari used to sell which actually provided great gains but which they found had real steroids in it...the government made Gaspari pay a fine and Gaspari had to change the formula and now its just regular junk like everything else

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #54 on: November 28, 2014, 07:55:17 AM »
Aside from regular vitamins/minerals -

My mom use to buy -

https://www.flickr.com/photos/tracis_retro/2554082184/in/photostream/ .

Very basic Protein/carb thing that I'd have before school, I can't find the old container, but these were similar. Remember the name though.

First teenage stack was -

Not bad.

Also, original Phosphagain which was awful only vanilla flavored stuff that salty, and came in giant mashed potato flake type tin cans.

And

Which were really good.

All the stuff was bought on a fresh -

That I got for my birthday.

BB

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: November 28, 2014, 08:00:28 AM »
met-rx had some genius marketing. mustve made a fortune

Bill Phillips, golden touch for hyping supplements. Ability that feels like Deca.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: November 28, 2014, 08:01:57 AM »
Bill Phillips, golden touch for hyping supplements. Ability that feels like Deca.

Agreed....you gotta admit his marketing bullshit moved a lot of product and got a lot of people into the gym

whitewidow

« Reply #57 on: November 28, 2014, 08:15:42 AM »
the stuff still sells because the government by and large leaves the supplement companies alone and doesn't prosecute them for false advertising.....the ONLY time the government gets involved is if THE SUPPLEMENT ACTUALLY WORKS........THEN THE GOVERNMENT SWOOPS IN TO SEE WHATS IN THE STUFF....a good example of this is the very first HYDROXYCUT/EPHEDRA which was an awesome weight/fat reducer that the government banned because three people died, and that supplement that Rich Gaspari used to sell which actually provided great gains but which they found had real steroids in it...the government made Gaspari pay a fine and Gaspari had to change the formula and now its just regular junk like everything else

That was during the huge designer steroid circa 2005 and gaspari had bruce kneller designing his products and he came up with this designer steroid called halodrol-50 and I'll be honest I had tried every oral steroid there is and that halodrol-50 that was sold just for a few weeks before they changed the formula was fucking insane! To this day I have not used a oral that potent.Halodrol-50 was DMT(desoxy Methyl Testosterone) (Turinabol precursor) and a nice masking agent to top it off. very expensive it was 45$ for 30 tabs but 30 tabs lasted a month and that is about all you can run halo for. I saw a guy turn yellow and get jaundice from that first run of halodrol-50 and he had to go to the ER. I made it through the full 30 days and hit the best condtioning of my life but I was also on other anabolics. I have some methyl-Trenbolone and I wonder if that will beat out that first run halodrol-50.

Most people think they have tried halodrol-50 but that was the re-formulated halo-50 the real deal Gaspari halodrol-50 was only on the market for about a month.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: November 28, 2014, 08:33:44 AM »
That was during the huge designer steroid circa 2005 and gaspari had bruce kneller designing his products and he came up with this designer steroid called halodrol-50 and I'll be honest I had tried every oral steroid there is and that halodrol-50 that was sold just for a few weeks before they changed the formula was fucking insane! To this day I have not used a oral that potent.Halodrol-50 was DMT(desoxy Methyl Testosterone) (Turinabol precursor) and a nice masking agent to top it off. very expensive it was 45$ for 30 tabs but 30 tabs lasted a month and that is about all you can run halo for. I saw a guy turn yellow and get jaundice from that first run of halodrol-50 and he had to go to the ER. I made it through the full 30 days and hit the best condtioning of my life but I was also on other anabolics. I have some methyl-Trenbolone and I wonder if that will beat out that first run halodrol-50.

Most people think they have tried halodrol-50 but that was the re-formulated halo-50 the real deal Gaspari halodrol-50 was only on the market for about a month.

Good history lesson here.....great post...I didn't realize it was out for only ONE MONTH!...Your testimony on this stuff makes me wish I could have tried it.....but you could only run it for 30 days?....it was THAT powerful??

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: November 28, 2014, 08:35:34 AM »
MLO weight gainer. Shit tasted awesome!!! I'd drink that after my lunch and fart all day...
?

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: November 28, 2014, 08:37:53 AM »

I got fucked by that too! I bought 3 months supply of beta gen for the first photo shoot when I was 19 or so, lol! Shit was like $120/month to use. Bill phillips even had me drinking soy protein before bed as it was touted to keep your thyroid up when dieting. Stuff was so nasty to put down....
?

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: November 28, 2014, 10:16:44 AM »
I remember Joe Weider's weight gain powder tasted like chalk dust and ass put together.....

I also remember believing those were ACTUALLY Joe Weider's arms when they had a picture of him posing with his arms crossed on the labels  :D

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #62 on: November 28, 2014, 10:20:08 AM »
The old school supplement I tried that I felt something was the original Ultimate Orange.
A

BB

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: November 28, 2014, 10:31:36 AM »
Ultimate Orange is the one supplement I wish I could bring back. Expensive for it's time, but it really worked better than the claims.

I still remember the non-standardized nature of it, it was like they opened a bottle of Diet Fuel, and emptied the pills into Tang.

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
  • King of Cybex Glute Machine
« Reply #64 on: November 28, 2014, 10:40:35 AM »
wasnt ultimate orange just ephedrine and then without it it lost its effect?

BB

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: November 28, 2014, 10:48:01 AM »
wasnt ultimate orange just ephedrine and then without it it lost its effect?

It was something like 25mg of Ephedrine in the form of Ma Huang.

200mg of Caffeine

and

16g of medium digesting carbs.

and a little protein.

I might be off a tiny bit on the numbers, but it was something like that. In practice though, you could wind up with a lot more Ephedrine, because it was raw Ma Huang just dumped in the mix.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: November 28, 2014, 10:59:44 AM »
Went from desiccated liver straight to Dianabol.  ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #67 on: November 28, 2014, 11:03:45 AM »
HMB, as it felt like deca.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #68 on: November 28, 2014, 11:06:55 AM »
Went from desiccated liver straight to Dianabol.  ;D

You then had a desiccated liver from the Dbol.  ;D
A

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: November 28, 2014, 12:45:24 PM »

Good one, but I only got 100 tabs from my Dr took 2 daily for 50 days before a show. Put on 7 pounds while not eating much up to the show. Wish I could have gotten more but they were discontinued that month and I happened to get what was left on the shelf.

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #70 on: November 28, 2014, 11:01:36 PM »
HMB, as it felt like deca.

At what doses did you run Deca, Rob?

THE BEEF

Lord Chronos

• Getbig III
« Reply #71 on: November 29, 2014, 12:11:26 AM »
ZMA didn't do shit bodybuilding wise but it used to give me some awesome very realistic vivid dreams.....I swear to you, no bullshit, I had a dream that I was fighting a monster on Mars and it was like I was in a videogame , it was so damn real

;D

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
  • King of Cybex Glute Machine
« Reply #72 on: November 29, 2014, 01:53:18 AM »
i think zma still can do that, im not trying it but from what ive read it can affect your sleep/dreams quite a bit

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #73 on: November 29, 2014, 02:24:46 AM »

WAS IT OLD SCHOOL CIBA-GIEGY DBOLS? THEY WHERE THE BEST EVER
R

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #74 on: November 29, 2014, 02:33:50 AM »
Phosphagen hp had something more than creatine
Def. Allot of the 1st generation EAS products were "potent." Hmm