Author Topic: How much have you spent on over the counter supplements in your life?  (Read 4526 times)

whitewidow

Ok I saw the thread on your first supplement thread .My question is how much have you guys spent on just over the counter supplements in your entire lifetime? I know we all got suckered at some point and spent alot of money on shit products before we wised up and just started shooting steroids(well some of us). I honestly had a GNC card, shopped at max muscle, shopped at Vitamin world, bought from bodybuilding.com . Luckily when I got into supplements all the designer steroids and prohormones were the hot items!

Patrick Arnolds Ergopharm 1-AD, Gaspari and legal Gears M1T, all the 19-nor prohormoes, 1-Test cyp was even legal to buy but I still spent a shitload of money o protein powders and waxy maize starch(Vitargo) plus BB.com used to sell this stuff called vaso-pro wich was 25mg ephedrine. I'm sure alot of you remember vaso-pro. I also tried some NO products.

I always would drink alot of whey protein shakes because of my job they were convenient plus I drank alot of them pre and post workout. I know just in 1 year I spent 1,100$ at vitamin shop because they keep track on your rewards cards and give you a bonus at the end depending on how much you spent. the 1,100$ only yielded me 35$ credit.

I spent maybe 900$ at GNC on protein powders and diffrent multi-vitamins,ZMA,calcium pyruvate,

I spent maybe 300$ at max muscle.

spent alot of money buying 1-AD, M1T , superdrol and other designer hormones Id say at least 500$

I'd say I spent 2,500$-3,000$ just on OTC supplements. I did start jucing pretty quick but I still used whey protein wich added up the most out of any oTC supp.

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
Re: How much have you spent on over the counter supplements in your life?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2014, 11:23:45 AM »
about tree fiddy

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2014, 12:02:16 PM »
A whole lot, but mostly on vitamins not the pre workout BS.

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2014, 12:08:33 PM »
A whole lot, but mostly on vitamins not the pre workout BS.

Probably 3000 or more if i was honest from 19-30 or so.

Wish i invested that money, what a fuckin racket

IronMeister

• Getbig IV
  • Übermacht
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2014, 12:17:53 PM »

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
  • King of Cybex Glute Machine
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2014, 12:18:26 PM »
not nearly enough i plan to spend a whole lot more in the near future to support the industry

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2014, 12:22:40 PM »
Probably 3000 or more if i was honest from 19-30 or so.

Wish i invested that money, what a fuckin racket
Yeah, but I actually see big enough difference without them now so it's too late. Though I've cut out supplements that had little to no effect.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2014, 12:24:38 PM »
Probably between $2000-4000. Most of it was on creatine effervescent, glutamine, BCAA, vitamins, and protein powder.

Ive actually tried some muscletech products (1 or 2) in my younger days. I am still ashamed of that.  :'( :'(
X

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2014, 12:25:03 PM »
A ship load.
a

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2014, 12:26:26 PM »
not even close to what i have spent for bodybuilding magazines that's for sure

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2014, 07:25:55 PM »
Over 30 years of natty delusion? Probably $15k or more.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2014, 07:28:22 PM »
$200 MONTH, let's say been doing this number since my early 20's so say 15 years.
A lot of cash!
?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2014, 07:32:57 PM »
$627,418.07

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2014, 07:39:48 PM »
Too much #snakeoilforlife

The real question is how much has pet shop boys spent? #wooooooooosh

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2014, 08:04:16 PM »
Around $5000 in 15 years, with the bulk of that being protein. The rest being creatine, vitamins/minerals, eca, and a little pro-hormone stuff in that order.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2014, 03:50:00 AM »
i was lucky in the sense that i got hip to steroids at a early age and realized that these supps where mostly bullshit,dont get me wrong ive bought creatine here and there,designer whey protien also but for the most part my ignorance happened when i was 15 or so.thats when i bought all the bullshit like glandulars,dessicated liver ect,didnt spend that much cause i was living at home and didnt have tons of money when i was 15yrs old. guys used to kill me when i worked at a store called FITNESS 2000 on rt 22 in UNION,NJ back in early 90,s,they would come in buying up all these testosterone boosters spending tons of cash. id bring them down stairs and introduce them to my friends DIANA BALL and PRIMO BOLAN and indeed a great freindship between them both emerged from that moment on. i was making over 2 grand a week selling supps,id do the inventory and make sure i could sell alot of shit under the table and pocket all the profit,some dudes where spending 500$ a week on supps,crazy money to be made in the supps business
R

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2014, 04:06:12 AM »
10K (drop in the bucket)...

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2014, 04:13:24 AM »
10K (drop in the bucket)...

if u knew then what u knew now would u still of spent that money? me personally i woulda just used the money i spent on supps when i was younger on chicken breast and fish,oatmeal,rice ect. 10 grands alot of coin, for me it is anyway but for some of u it prolly isnt
R

whitewidow

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2014, 05:19:56 AM »
Yeah I feel I got ripped off pretty good! supplements are shit! If you are in a pinch some hydrolyzed whey protein is ok to have around but it is way better to spend your money on whole foods. Once I cutt protein shakes I looked alot better and had better digestion. I used to sell alot of supplements I was partial owner of a supplement shop and I can't even explain how gullible some people are Id say I sold at least 500,000$ in supplements I remember my first 45 days I sold 22,000$ of product in the store and threw on-line.

Myself I knew I already admitted I blew 4,000$ at least on whey protein, personal designer steroids and prohormones, pre-workouts.

besides a occasional pre-workout last tub I bought was waxy maize starch from max muscle. Like somebody else said what a fucking racket. I do believe pre-workouts are decent and whey protein is goood if your in a pinch but it is always way better to just spend the money on food and steroids and just prep your food and shoot juice.

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2014, 05:57:59 AM »
if u knew then what u knew now would u still of spent that money? me personally i woulda just used the money i spent on supps when i was younger on chicken breast and fish,oatmeal,rice ect. 10 grands alot of coin, for me it is anyway but for some of u it prolly isnt

10k is alot to anyone, rich or poor.