Author Topic: Are you satisfied with the current state of Getbig?  (Read 17031 times)

FermiDirac

• Getbig IV
  • That'll do pig, that'll do
Re: Are you satisfied with the current state of Getbig?
« Reply #125 on: December 02, 2014, 04:04:33 AM »
Facebook has killed off a lot of the fun, back in the day the fitness/figure slots and ifbb pros used to have to use forums to get attention, now everybody in the world thinks they are a mini celeb with their Facebook page so no need to attention whore on forums.

This, so much this.

Also, having their fandom on instagram/fb page means they can ban anyone not agreeing with them.
"man pig", "hater", "naysayers" is their rebuttal to anyone not sharing their opinion. ;D

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #126 on: December 02, 2014, 04:10:13 AM »
GB has been dull for quite some time.  With all the gimmicks I have no idea who I'm talkin to. 

BB is a snore fest these days.  PL interests me more.

No solid gimmicks anymore....just an armada of unfunny wannabes. 

Many good posters are just gone. 

No pros come here anymore. 

Just a big pile today.

the GO board has too many useless threads, no substances

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #127 on: December 02, 2014, 04:15:53 AM »
you lack the skill to construct a bicep machine with less than ten thousand moving parts vincent

less is more mr creepy less is more

Would you prefer I build a machine with a few moving part that blows you into ten thousand pieces?

D.O.A.

• Getbig IV
  • Revenge is a dish best served ice cold
« Reply #128 on: December 02, 2014, 04:16:07 AM »
Being an asshole troll gimmick hero on Getbig takes as much skill as the typical American woman acting the bitch in movies and sitcoms!
:o
Now you are angry at american women too?

Why are you such an bitter old man?

D.O.A.

• Getbig IV
  • Revenge is a dish best served ice cold
« Reply #129 on: December 02, 2014, 04:20:21 AM »
Would you prefer I build a machine with a few moving part that blows you into ten thousand pieces?

this size would already help immensely

MikMaq

« Reply #130 on: December 02, 2014, 04:23:49 AM »
This place went to shit, no joke right when I first got outed.

Being outed use to mean, having your cycle or lack of huge delts and abs exposed. Everyone was guilty of either A or B, which meant there was a constant source of shock and cover up. Than all of a sudden that wasn't enough and people had to start going after real life shit.

Galvatron

• Getbig III
  • I have contacts in Washington
« Reply #131 on: December 02, 2014, 06:30:50 AM »
Like someone else said, many of the competitors stick to facebook. As for the rest, people come and go that's how it is on forums. The competitors these days are also from a different generation compared to for exampe guys born in the 60s and early 70s. These days everyone is so jaded which takes away alot of the dynamic of competitor-fan/hater interactions.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #132 on: December 02, 2014, 06:35:39 AM »

if we ever meet your suffering will be legendary
T

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #133 on: December 02, 2014, 06:45:47 AM »
you would beat up and old man? ^

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #134 on: December 02, 2014, 06:49:18 AM »
you would beat up and old man? ^

I think he meant he would just restrain him and read lundgren's posts to him for a few hours.
Y

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #135 on: December 02, 2014, 06:51:09 AM »
if we ever meet your suffering will be legendary

Sounds like hes inviting you to his sex dungeon.
A

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • stuff for dumplings
« Reply #136 on: December 02, 2014, 07:08:45 AM »
I think he meant he would just restrain him and read lundgren's posts to him for a few hours.

Haha yes :D

This place went to shit, no joke right when I first got outed.

Being outed use to mean, having your cycle or lack of huge delts and abs exposed. Everyone was guilty of either A or B, which meant there was a constant source of shock and cover up. Than all of a sudden that wasn't enough and people had to start going after real life shit.

Nobody gives a shit who you are, you are disliked because most of your posts are shitty, hth.  Your "outing" was not some turning point in the historic annals of getbig ::)

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: December 02, 2014, 07:33:30 AM »
There is very little that can be done about Pros posting here. I'd say that about 90% of the top pros (which happens to be the ones you see in the big shows) are all under contracts. These contracts have exclusivity clauses that do not allow them to share creative content anywhere outside of their sponsor's website. We respect that and can't do much about it.

What I will say is that even though they can't post under their real names, we have about 8 IFBB pros that post here under regular user accounts. To some people, they have opened up about it via private messages and to others not so much. Phil Heath posts here every now and then and corresponds with a number of members via private messages.

The thunderdome is the thunderdome. When Squad was here, he posted very funny and witty comments that made everyone laugh. Then, he got exposed (his real life information got outed) and while many people got a good laugh about it, they soon realized that it probably marked the end of his era.

Funny gimmicks are one thing, we tend to be a little more lenient about those. Shitty gimmicks, looking to simply expose our members, are removed as soon as someone brings it up to our attention.

That said, word to the wise....If you don't want to ever be outed by anyone on this or any forum, please do not give out any personal identifiers (i.e. your name, address, phone number, date of birth, city of residence and/or even pictures). By keeping these things to yourselves, you will never run into any issues with anyone here.

Likewise, you reap what you sow. If you put negativity in, you get negativity out. I've seen guys in the past go after our members and then why they get exposed, they become emotional wrecks and pound away at the report to mod button.

My suggestions:

(A) If you want to own someone, take a look at what guys like BayGBM, Dr. Chimps, Tapeworm, BigCyp and even Simple Simon do. These guys use their words as weapons for online arguments. They typically outwit their enemies into submission. Most importantly, keep away from the outing of personal information, that is not cool and can sometimes get us into legal problems and those emails from lawyers suck.

(B) Try to introduce original entertaining content into the forum. Ironmeister is a great example of this, as are 240 is Back and the True Adonis. Ironmeister brings teh funny with the photoshops and 240 is Back & True Adonis are incredibly entertaining with their material.

(C) Don't just point out the obvious problems, suggest some solutions. If you see something you think could be improved, post it on our comments and suggestions board. You can even take advantage of this thread, which Ron will most likely move to the comments board anyway, and share some of your suggestions.

Ultimately, while any forum can slow down on occasion, the reality is that there is always some drama around the corner that will have everyone glued to their monitors in anticipation of the next post.

"1"

Great post and solid advice. I'd just add that you need to be careful with posting specific info. In other words anything you don't want anyone else to see or know, should be avoided. For example, I might post a basic pic of me with my wife , but I won't post my actual address or specific work location, etc.

GH15, was one of the best getbig ID's. He maintained an air of mystery and gave enough solid info to be taken seriously. Plus, GH15 would engage with most who posted in his threads. I rarely agreed with his conclusions on drug use, but still enjoyed many vigorous debates with him right here on getbig.

In order for getbig to be more interesting , most should develop and maintain a certain persona and attitude on various topics.
For example, I tend to stay positive and often make fun of myself when others crack on me. Coach has a solid conservative world view and quick sarcastic wit. 240orbust is also pretty consistent in his views and replies .

MikMaq

« Reply #138 on: December 02, 2014, 07:42:34 AM »
Haha yes :D

Nobody gives a shit who you are, you are disliked because most of your posts are shitty, hth.  Your "outing" was not some turning point in the historic annals of getbig ::)
My point was that it was the cross over

kit kat fellow before me left the board in shame, than people like me started sticking around.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #139 on: December 02, 2014, 08:32:48 AM »
I agree. I think the mods should be more active overall.

Ron, Princess L, and Grant should mix it up more.

Believe it or not, everyday basic modding takes up a lot of time and speaking for myself, after dealing with (many bogus) reports, PMs, etc. there's little energy for the lighter side of things.   Just because we don't verbalize every action taken, doesn't mean there aren't a lot of things going on behind the scenes.
:

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #140 on: December 02, 2014, 09:18:22 AM »

Believe it or not, everyday basic modding takes up a lot of time and speaking for myself, after dealing with (many bogus) reports, PMs, etc. there's little energy for the lighter side of things.   Just because we don't verbalize every action taken, doesn't mean there aren't a lot of things going on behind the scenes.

A thankless job. Imagine having to read some all of the threads here then listening to the complaining and crying. "Help, moderator, someone is picking on me!"

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #141 on: December 02, 2014, 09:20:46 AM »
A thankless job. Imagine having to read some all of the threads here then listening to the complaining and crying. "Help, moderator, someone is picking on me!"

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #142 on: December 02, 2014, 09:30:06 AM »
bringing back the "guest" (or mystery) account option could lead to some epic threads.

AlphaGyno

• Getbig II
« Reply #143 on: December 02, 2014, 09:38:26 AM »
you lack the skill to construct a bicep machine with less than ten thousand moving parts vincent
I just loled  ;D

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: December 02, 2014, 09:48:04 AM »

I think I speak for most here when I ask you ; " Where can I order one of your bicep machines?" ;)

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #145 on: December 02, 2014, 09:48:14 AM »
then stop crying  and tge mods habe atleast 50% less work to do

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #146 on: December 02, 2014, 09:49:16 AM »
I think I speak for most here when I ask you ; " Where can I order one of your bicep machines?" ;)

NASA
Y

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #147 on: December 02, 2014, 09:49:44 AM »
5 weeks today.
Good job, keep it up.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #148 on: December 02, 2014, 11:02:09 AM »

Look who's talking... :D

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #149 on: December 02, 2014, 11:17:49 AM »

Seems that the daily users have gone down a few hundred per day on avg as well.

Here is the internet website ranking for getbig.

Your hunch seems to be correct.

The spike in September is probably the Mr Olympia.