Author Topic: Your Greatest Match of All Time  (Read 172413 times)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: Your Greatest Match of All Time
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2015, 01:51:50 PM »
They had to make Warrior lose so Hogan could get the title back. As long as Hogan was WWE's main star, ratings were high in those days. Warrior was a big star but no where near as much drawing power as Hogan.

It's a shame Hellwig didn't evolve his character. I think he may have tried doing that in WCW, but the depth he added didn't work.

Bischoff claims to have had some evolutionary ideas for the Warrior character. Some sounded cool, but none ever saw the light of day.

He had so much going for him with the look and the push he received. The fans wanted to cheer for him.
I don't think there's ever been someone with such a tremendous edge, but failed to deliver, as UW. With just a little humility and willingness to learn, he could have had the wrestling world by its Deca-atrophied balls.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2015, 06:34:43 PM »

It's a shame Hellwig didn't evolve his character. I think he may have tried doing that in WCW, but the depth he added didn't work.

Bischoff claims to have had some evolutionary ideas for the Warrior character. Some sounded cool, but none ever saw the light of day.

He had so much going for him with the look and the push he received. The fans wanted to cheer for him.
I don't think there's ever been someone with such a tremendous edge, but failed to deliver, as UW. With just a little humility and willingness to learn, he could have had the wrestling world by its Deca-atrophied balls.
Agreed. He was also too greedy. He wanted some outragous amount of money for a WCW Run and i'm sure they offered him around the million dollar mark and he should have been more than happy with that considering his track record.

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2015, 07:21:43 PM »
I think any man who changes his legal name to "Warrior" isn't likely to be reasoned with.
$

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2015, 05:14:09 AM »
I think any man who changes his legal name to "Warrior" isn't likely to be reasoned with.

I've alluded to that point several times on here - primarily from a ball-busting perspective.

In fact, I believe the reason he did that was to retain the legal rights/ownership of the Ultimate Warrior name. This was back when he and Vince were battling in court over the UW name & likeness.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2015, 06:17:19 AM »

hahaha! Very true.
A

Fallsview

• Getbig V
  • Mr. Gulf Coast 1994,95,99
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2015, 11:37:40 AM »
Last Battle Of Atlanta.

Flair vs. Backlund Omni 1982

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2015, 12:38:15 PM »
I miss what wresting was =-(

http://dai.ly/xkp5q3

http://dai.ly/xkmzz8

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2015, 06:51:36 PM »

I've alluded to that point several times on here - primarily from a ball-busting perspective.

In fact, I believe the reason he did that was to retain the legal rights/ownership of the Ultimate Warrior name. This was back when he and Vince were battling in court over the UW name & likeness.
And it worked because he sued Vince and WWE in 1996 for illegal use / copyright of his name and won.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2015, 02:41:47 AM »
And it worked because he sued Vince and WWE in 1996 for illegal use / copyright of his name and won.

Yep.
Not many people have successfully sued the old man.

Jesse Ventura got a nice settlement for royalties paid on commercial WWF VHS tapes. I don't know if it came out during, or not until after the court battle, but Hogan was paid royalties for that footage. Jesse figured fair is fair.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2015, 05:58:11 PM »

Yep.
Not many people have successfully sued the old man.

Jesse Ventura got a nice settlement for royalties paid on commercial WWF VHS tapes. I don't know if it came out during, or not until after the court battle, but Hogan was paid royalties for that footage. Jesse figured fair is fair.
JV got over 800 grand in royalties.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2015, 07:31:19 AM »
BSB, ever go down to the old ECW arena in South Philly and see any of the taping's  back in the nineties?