Author Topic: BigRo, what is going on here?  (Read 40787 times)

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
Re: BigRo, what is going on here?
« Reply #150 on: February 09, 2015, 06:12:11 AM »
You have a point. Shooting a gun just never came up. I don't own one, what would be the point of knowing how to shoot one?

When I was a kid my dad found a handgun in the attic of our home. Both he and my mom treated it like it was a bomb. My mom had a out of control temper. A gun in her hands was a very scary thought. They gave the gun away to a friend. Turned out it all the chambers had been sealed and it couldn't be fired anyway. I was 13 years old when this happened. I remember the fear and panic going on like it was yesterday. Stupid, I know.

You would probably enjoy a couple of hours at the range with somebody that knows what they are doing. Shooting covers so many disciplines. I find long-range and ultra long-range riflery to be one of the most zen and relaxing hobbies that I have. You learn to focus, slow your heart rate, see so many things that you didn't see before. All leading to that split-second break of the trigger.

I used to spend hours at the range working up loads, playing with bullet types, powder types.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #151 on: February 09, 2015, 06:15:16 AM »
You would probably enjoy a couple of hours at the range with somebody that knows what they are doing. Shooting covers so many disciplines. I find long-range and ultra long-range riflery to be one of the most zen and relaxing hobbies that I have. You learn to focus, slow your heart rate, see so many things that you didn't see before. All leading to that split-second break of the trigger.

I used to spend hours at the range working up loads, playing with bullet types, powder types.
Just remember who your friends are when you go postal.

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #152 on: February 09, 2015, 06:34:14 AM »

You need to post what you own up here someday.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #153 on: February 09, 2015, 06:35:48 AM »
So you can try to rob him? Don't bother, he has his safes hooked up to a rectal scanner. It will only open for his gaped anus.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #154 on: February 09, 2015, 08:32:13 AM »

Marksmanship principles ;)

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #155 on: February 09, 2015, 08:36:05 AM »

For my long range work, I use a Remington PSS in .308 with a Leupold MKIV 10x glass or a SR-25 with a Leupold 3-9x variable.

Have been considering either 7mm mag or .338 Lapua for my next gun.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #156 on: February 09, 2015, 08:51:13 AM »
How much do Glock 9's range from price wise in the states?

Since there is no "9" in the Glock model numbers, I will assume that you are talking about a 9mm. Glock has (from memory, from smallest to largest) the G26, G19, G17, and the G34. I have a G26, two G19s and a G34 (practical/tactical). Glock also makes the mythical Glock 18 which is a full auto version of the G17. I have shot one, they are a fucking pain in the ass.

The G26, G19 and G17 all run about $500 new. The G34 runs about $600. The G34 is the BEST gun to run a suppressor.

Here's a bonus video of me running a suppressed M16 this past summer:

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #157 on: February 09, 2015, 09:01:20 AM »
Yes I was talking about 9mm, you guys have it so fucking lucky when it comes to guns and shit.

Your looking at like 5k for like a G19 here on the black market and if they cops catch you with that shit its automatic 7 year sentence with one year added for each bullet you have.

That sucks. The last time I got pulled over with machine guns in the car, I ended up having a nice discussion with the State Policeman about the relative merits of the H&K MP5 platform before he let me go on about my business. And that was in Massachusetts!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #158 on: February 09, 2015, 12:11:37 PM »

I have a bad temper. There was a moment last Saturday night when it was good that I don't own a gun.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #159 on: February 09, 2015, 12:37:06 PM »

I have a bad temper. There was a moment last Saturday night when it was good that I don't own a gun.

I frequently find that my ability to kill quickly makes all my actions so much more sober and judicious.

But, if you can't control yourself, then I agree that you are a sub-optimal profile for a gun owner.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #160 on: February 09, 2015, 01:22:01 PM »
I frequently find that my ability to kill quickly makes all my actions so much more sober and judicious.

But, if you can't control yourself, then I agree that you are a sub-optimal profile for a gun owner.

Well I do have some trouble walking away from disagreements when they occur. However, my bark is worse than my bite. I characterize myself as being mostly non-violent.

My opinion could be tainted by the fact that I am presently embroiled in a disagreement with my daughter and her husband which began last Friday night. Although they live here with my wife and me. I am choosing to ignore their presence and not speak to them at all in an effort to avoid further argument. Needless to say the tension is palpable and nearly unbearable.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #161 on: February 09, 2015, 01:28:25 PM »
Well I do have some trouble walking away from disagreements when they occur. However, my bark is worse than my bite. I characterize myself as being mostly non-violent.

My opinion could be tainted by the fact that I am presently embroiled in a disagreement with my daughter and her husband which began last Friday night. Although they live here with my wife and me. I am choosing to ignore their presence and not speak to them at all in an effort to avoid further argument. Needless to say the tension is palpable and nearly unbearable.

how old is your daughter and husband and why do they live with you?

E
E

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #162 on: February 09, 2015, 01:45:29 PM »
how old is your daughter and husband and why do they live with you?

E

Not uncommon these days. I know quite a few people who are married with kids and live with parents. Many of these people will spend the money to add onto the home, and live in a separate part of the home. For example, building an upstairs and occupying that area of the home.
X

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #163 on: February 09, 2015, 01:58:17 PM »
Not uncommon these days. I know quite a few people who are married with kids and live with parents. Many of these people will spend the money to add onto the home, and live in a separate part of the home. For example, building an upstairs and occupying that area of the home.

This is exactly what we did, although the upstairs was already there. What we've done so far is remodel it and close it off more from the downstairs to help create some privacy for us all.  Unfortunately, zoning laws prohibit us making this place a full on duplex. That might have worked better.

I want to make it very clear that my daughter and family are not freeloading off us. They can well afford their own place.

Despite our best laid plans, emotionally we will all be happier living apart, I hope.

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #164 on: February 09, 2015, 02:12:24 PM »
Just got back from the range, AJ do you have any revolvers?

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #165 on: February 09, 2015, 02:21:56 PM »
Yes I was talking about 9mm, you guys have it so fucking lucky when it comes to guns and shit.

Your looking at like 5k for like a G19 here on the black market (if you can even get it) and if the cops catch you with that shit its automatic 7 year prison sentence with one year added for each bullet you have.  ::)

lmao

civilians  ;D
T

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #166 on: February 09, 2015, 02:25:13 PM »
Just got back from the range, AJ do you have any revolvers?

Yep

S&W 29 in .44 Mag
S&W 60 in .357 Mag
S&W 642 in .38 +p
S&W 617 in .22
Ruger Super RedHawk in .454 Casull

Mostly, I use revolvers to train folks. I hunt with the .454

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #167 on: February 09, 2015, 02:28:28 PM »

Your looking at like 5k for like a G19 here on the black market (if you can even get it) and if the cops catch you with that shit its automatic 7 year prison sentence with one year added for each bullet you have.  ::)

Joon, serious talk here. Given the gear, the weed, the blow, the hookers and the trannies. Maybe you should just take a pass on the guns.

Come to the states and we'll go shooting when you aren't fucked up. Guns aren't toys.

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #168 on: February 09, 2015, 02:32:41 PM »
Yep

S&W 29 in .44 Mag
S&W 60 in .357 Mag
S&W 642 in .38 +p
S&W 617 in .22
Ruger Super RedHawk in .454 Casull

Mostly, I use revolvers to train folks. I hunt with the .454
The model 29 is on my list to get. After I get a single action Colt of course, and a pistol permit because NYS sucks.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #169 on: February 09, 2015, 02:35:09 PM »
The model 29 is on my list to get. After I get a single action Colt of course, and a pistol permit because NYS sucks.

It's a beautiful gun. I wouldn't mind a SA revolver in .45LC

I also would like a Colt Python with a 6" barrel. All because I grew up watching Starsky and Hutch.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #170 on: February 09, 2015, 02:43:02 PM »
 :)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Zw-o3p4ZMtE

Pretty impressive. Wait for the final :15. The Glock 18.
a

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
X

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #172 on: February 09, 2015, 02:49:07 PM »
It's a beautiful gun. I wouldn't mind a SA revolver in .45LC

I also would like a Colt Python with a 6" barrel. All because I grew up watching Starsky and Hutch.
I would love to get a Python but...$$$$$$

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #173 on: February 09, 2015, 02:51:18 PM »
I would love to get a Python but...$$$$$$
Would love to get my hands on your python, stud

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #174 on: February 09, 2015, 02:53:39 PM »
:)

Pretty impressive. Wait for the final :15. The Glock 18.

Sorry to be pedantic, even though that video says its a Glock 18, it isn't. The selector switch on the 18 is on the left side. That is a Glock 17 with an aftermarket selector switch installed. You can see it on the back of the slide.

This is an 18

Still, rocking the 100 round Beta Mag was cool.