Author Topic: Freaking Unions  (Read 12218 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Freaking Unions
« on: February 17, 2015, 04:13:04 PM »
Walk out to the back yard of my house and what to I see just off shore? 32 tankers lined up to get into the Port Of Long Beach. Yesterday there were 24. Why, because of a workers strike..

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kevinomarah/2015/02/17/the-ilwu-is-committing-suicide-and-killing-long-beach-in-the-process/

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
Re: Freaking Unions
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2015, 04:14:41 PM »
Good for them, in within their rights to strike

with that being said , those fucking assholes are holding back some products i bought and expected to have in hand in march, they are now saying i wont get it until June  >:( >:(

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2015, 05:36:31 PM »
Unions are economic vandals, that given time ruin the lives of their own members as they ultimately push companies to lower their exposure to them by using offshore and robotic alternatives. They do more bad than good these days and learn nothing from their mistakes.

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2015, 05:51:37 PM »
Unions made the middle class great during the post war years...

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2015, 05:57:25 PM »
Good for them, in within their rights to strike

with that being said , those fucking assholes are holding back some products i bought and expected to have in hand in march, they are now saying i wont get it until June  >:( >:(

Is it?  They sure don't offer workers the right to refuse membership.
A

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2015, 05:57:37 PM »
Lol at the anti union sentiment. Coach would have everyone work for nickels and dimes.

Competitor 9

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2015, 05:57:56 PM »
Texas has successfully gotten rid of unions.  Unless their head quartered out of state or cops/police

Sucks because they were made for works right but ended up being abused my those in charge  

Competitor 9

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2015, 05:59:06 PM »
Lol at the anti union sentiment. Coach would have everyone work for nickels and dimes.

Unions have morphed into somthing they where never intended to be. They take a lot of power away from management and are used as political barging chips. Teamsters... need I say more

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2015, 06:03:40 PM »
Far better to go back to the days of the Pyramid builder slaves .
Forcing anyone to pay a living wage and benefits was the death of the middle class  ::)

It's criminal thinking that could force a CEO to cut back on his 3rd yacht instead of paying employee benefits.

I'm so ashamed of my father , who sucked off the GOV tit his entire life.
He waltzed thru military  service on a deluxe, all expenses cruise on the USS Navy ship Coral Sea in WWII .
Then he spent a luxury vacation in the exotic Asian country of Korea.

My dad took a GOV  handout benefit and went to school free on the GI Bill.
Then he took a GOV Union civil service job working on nuclear subs. Damn commie sub workers had a civil service UNION, wtf :o
Talk about an easy, do nothing  job . Why do US tax payers need to pay for submarines?!
I can't believe he had the nerve to accept a pension after a mere 40 yrs of that cake walk.

My dad and those like him... a bunch of communist union slackers. ;)

UNIONS are Un-American...right?

My dad was a union organizer. I still think an employee shouldn't be held hostage by a union.
A

Competitor 9

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2015, 06:04:02 PM »
Forcing anyone to pay a living wage and benefits was the death of the middle class  ::)

It's criminal thinking that could force a CEO to cut back on his 3rd yacht instead of paying employee benefits.

He waltzed thru military  service on a deluxe, all expenses cruise on the USS Navy ship Coral Sea in WWII .

Then he took a GOV Union civil service job working on nuclear subs. Damn commie sub workers had a civil service UNION, wtf :o
Talk about an easy, do nothing  job . Why do US tax payers need to pay for submarines?!
I can't believe he had the nerve to accept a pension after a mere 40 yrs of that cake walk.

well Howard ask half of getbig and im a lazy pos for my military benefits

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2015, 06:08:41 PM »
Unions have morphed into somthing they where never intended to be. They take a lot of power away from management and are used as political barging chips

They are not always perfect but I am very happy to be a member. I am well aware of the alternative for what I do and it sux. Trust me, NO ONE is suffering here.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2015, 06:09:47 PM »
The only effective answer to organized greed is organized labor.

36 reasons why you should thank a union, you fucking  hypocrite pieces of shit .

1.Weekends without work

2.All breaks at work, including your lunch breaks

3.Paid vacation

4.Family & Medical Leave Act (FMLA)

5.Sick leave

6.Social Security

7.Minimum wage

8.Civil Rights Act/Title VII - prohibits employer discrimination

9. 8-hour work day

10.Overtime pay

11.Child labor laws

12.Occupational Safety & Health Act (OSHA)

13.40-hour work week

14.Workers' compensation (workers' comp)

15.Unemployment insurance

16.Pensions

17.Workplace safety standards and regulations

18.Employer health care insurance

19.Collective bargaining rights for employees

20.Wrongful termination laws

21.Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967 (ADEA)

22.Whistleblower protection laws

23.Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) - prohibits employers from using a lie detector test on an employee

24.Veteran's Employment and Training Services (VETS)

25.Compensation increases and evaluations (i.e. raises)

26.Sexual harassment laws

27.Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA)

28.Holiday pay

29.Employer dental, life, and vision insurance

30.Privacy rights

31.Pregnancy and parental leave

32.Military leave

33.The right to strike

34.Public education for children

35.Equal Pay Acts of 1963 & 2011 - requires employers pay men and women equally for the same amount of work

36.Laws ending sweatshops in the United States

Competitor 9

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2015, 06:12:07 PM »
They are not always perfect but I am very happy to be a member. I am well aware of the alternative for what I do and it sux. Trust me, NO ONE is suffering here.

Im not saying their all bad. Here is a example. My dad was a director of the medical research company and his employees where union. He had several guys that where constantly late and also a few that failed random drug tests.. the union wouldn't let him fire them.. they where pretty much untouchable

Competitor 9

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2015, 06:15:34 PM »

RagingBull

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2015, 06:16:07 PM »
The misguided belief that one is somewhat educated is a scary thing!

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2015, 06:16:48 PM »
Im not saying their all bad. Here is a example. My dad was a director of the medical research company and his employees where union. He had several guys that where constantly late and also a few that failed random drug tests.. the union wouldn't let him fire them.. they where pretty much untouchable

Bullshit. Your father is a liar. Sorry, but he is. I know people who were in unions and got fired for drug problems. The usual protocol is you send the person to rehab to get their act together. If they fail ANOTHER drug test, then they are canned. I've seen it happen countless times. I worked a union job for 5 years and my father worked a union job for 38 years. Guys were also fired for stealing on the job or physical aggression or threats toward other. The belief that you can do ANYTHING and not get fired as long as your part of a union is absurd.
X

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2015, 06:17:44 PM »
Bullshit. Your father is a liar. Sorry, but he is. I know people who were in unions and got fired for drug problems. The usual protocol is you send the person to rehab to get their act together. If they fail ANOTHER drug test, then they are canned. I've seen it happen countless times. Guys were also fired for stealing on the job or physical aggression or threats toward other. The belief that you can do ANYTHING and not get fired as long as your part of a union is absurd.

qft

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2015, 06:18:49 PM »

I haven't seen this. Guys get fired all the time for stupid shit they've done.

Competitor 9

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2015, 06:19:47 PM »
Bullshit. Your father is a liar. Sorry, but he is. I know people who were in unions and got fired for drug problems. The usual protocol is you send the person to rehab to get their act together. If they fail ANOTHER drug test, then they are canned. I've seen it happen countless times. Guys were also fired for stealing on the job or physical aggression or threats toward other. The belief that you can do ANYTHING and not get fired is absurd.

every union is different and operate under different guide lines. the fact was he to build up a case against someone in order to get approval from the union to terminate. A boss shouldn't have to build a case for review in order to let someone go. That's a waste of everyone's time

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2015, 06:21:38 PM »
every union is different and operate under different guide lines. the fact was he to build up a case against someone in order to get approval from the union to terminate. A boss shouldn't have to build a case for review in order to let someone go. That's a waste of everyone's time

Again, bullshit. I don't know any union that is going to allow physical aggression or blatant racism or theft. Sorry, your father is an obvious liar who hates unions. I know a lot of people in many different unions and these are pretty much solid ways to get fired.
X

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2015, 06:24:48 PM »
Bullshit. Your father is a liar. Sorry, but he is. I know people who were in unions and got fired for drug problems. The usual protocol is you send the person to rehab to get their act together. If they fail ANOTHER drug test, then they are canned. I've seen it happen countless times. I worked a union job for 5 years and my father worked a union job for 38 years. Guys were also fired for stealing on the job or physical aggression or threats toward other. The belief that you can do ANYTHING and not get fired as long as your part of a union is absurd.

Exactly! I don't know where some of these stories come from. Like I said, I see guys get laidoff, fired all the time because of drugs, or constant tardiness, laziness, not knowing what they are doing etc...

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2015, 06:26:10 PM »
The mob really fought for workers rights. God bless them.

Competitor 9

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2015, 06:27:57 PM »
I just read that ones unions contract states that if a employee fails a drugs test he will not be terminated but will have to submit to 2 years of random drug test and he fails another he will be terminate. It all depends on what is written in the contact

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2015, 06:28:17 PM »
Yeah lets get rid of all unions because 1  guy failed a drug test  ::), STFU you fucking  government leech , I'm Union you wouldn't even last a day working next to me  you lazy fuck.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2015, 06:29:05 PM »
The only effective answer to organized greed is organized labor.

36 reasons why you should thank a union, you fucking  hypocrite pieces of shit .

1.Weekends without work

2.All breaks at work, including your lunch breaks

3.Paid vacation

4.Family & Medical Leave Act (FMLA)

5.Sick leave

6.Social Security

7.Minimum wage

8.Civil Rights Act/Title VII - prohibits employer discrimination

9. 8-hour work day

10.Overtime pay

11.Child labor laws

12.Occupational Safety & Health Act (OSHA)

13.40-hour work week

14.Workers' compensation (workers' comp)

15.Unemployment insurance

16.Pensions

17.Workplace safety standards and regulations

18.Employer health care insurance

19.Collective bargaining rights for employees

20.Wrongful termination laws

21.Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967 (ADEA)

22.Whistleblower protection laws

23.Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) - prohibits employers from using a lie detector test on an employee

24.Veteran's Employment and Training Services (VETS)

25.Compensation increases and evaluations (i.e. raises)

26.Sexual harassment laws

27.Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA)

28.Holiday pay

29.Employer dental, life, and vision insurance

30.Privacy rights

31.Pregnancy and parental leave

32.Military leave

33.The right to strike

34.Public education for children

35.Equal Pay Acts of 1963 & 2011 - requires employers pay men and women equally for the same amount of work

36.Laws ending sweatshops in the United States

Fuck you. You forgot to mention that all union workers are not full time and have to feed their families as well. God for bid they go get another non-union shop for work while you assholes bitch about what you don't have and get labeled a "scab" and when they return they're jobs are gone. Tell me more.