Author Topic: My friend seems to be happiest in his "forever alone/single" life  (Read 41884 times)

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
Re: My friend seems to be happiest in his "forever alone/single" life
« Reply #50 on: May 23, 2015, 05:26:55 PM »
When is too old though in modern society?Keep your hair, keep lean, build muscle, keep active on social media with whatever age you are, keep earning,when does this end in today's world?

What I tried to say - before it's too difficult to get it up and make a baby for some of these young dumb females.

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #51 on: May 23, 2015, 05:28:59 PM »
THIS.  Although skip the asexual part.  I am single, early forties, no kids and have never been happier.  I see relationships as self induced torture, I actually avoid any form of relationship like the plague.  I live in my own little two bedroom house with my cat in a nice suburb near the hills.  I do what I want, when I want and how I want.  I have nobody playing the critic, granting me permission for things I want to do and I am fully independent.  I prepare my own food, wash/iron my own clothes, clean my own house etc etc. 

Modern day feminism has ruined women,  I now look at western women and hear them talk and I feel nauseous, they truly are off-putting. With their overt falseness from fake nails, fake hair, fake hair color, fake boobs, fake tan etc etc. Women today are so fake, all trying to constantly compete with one another on a superficial level and never taking time to develop actual character.  Yep, fuck today's women, I am happy to go my own way.

Well done. What is left to worry about is how to earn money, and when you have plenty of time for that it's not that difficult (and actually may be a lot of fun).

Mike

• Getbig IV
« Reply #52 on: May 23, 2015, 05:36:50 PM »
THIS.  Although skip the asexual part.  I am single, early forties, no kids and have never been happier.  I see relationships as self induced torture, I actually avoid any form of relationship like the plague.  I live in my own little two bedroom house with my cat in a nice suburb near the hills.  I do what I want, when I want and how I want.  I have nobody playing the critic, granting me permission for things I want to do and I am fully independent.  I prepare my own food, wash/iron my own clothes, clean my own house etc etc. 

Modern day feminism has ruined women,  I now look at western women and hear them talk and I feel nauseous, they truly are off-putting. With their overt falseness from fake nails, fake hair, fake hair color, fake boobs, fake tan etc etc. Women today are so fake, all trying to constantly compete with one another on a superficial level and never taking time to develop actual character.  Yep, fuck today's women, I am happy to go my own way.

Thats is a horrible generalization of "western women". In fact, ive never dated (or even thought about dating) a woman with any of thos "fake" features...expect maybe the fake nails.

You sound bitter....what happened?

Im sure if you have a "type" of woman you like...shes out there.

I do agree though, its nice to be single, self aware, un critisized and free to do what the fuck ever.  And there are a lot of shitting woman in Western culture.  But whatever youre in to, its 2015....theres a way to find it. 

Im sure theres a woman out there whos hot, will never talk back, natural beauty that loves sucking dick all day! 

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #53 on: May 23, 2015, 06:43:04 PM »
Every single creature on Earth dies alone...There's no way around it. You come in the world alone and you die alone...

No mail 4 u, Roberta Sparrow.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #54 on: May 23, 2015, 07:15:44 PM »
With all that,  you'll still be alone in the end ,life isn't just about sex ,dates , party................... .........  the key is to find the right person and build a worthwhile relationship ,someone who you can trust , someone that if shit hits the fan and things go bad, that person will  be right there next to you until the end.

PS:You don't have to get married to be happy

Of course. You can have a lifelong partner without being married.

Over 50% of marriages also end in divorce. Furthermore, you can be married, and still be alone and still die alone, while your spouse is cashing in your life insurance. There is no guarantees that someone single or married will die more or less alone than another. Perhaps 50 years ago, but not so much today.

Meh, I just figure Im along for the ride.
X

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #55 on: May 23, 2015, 08:14:35 PM »
Of course. You can have a lifelong partner without being married.

Over 50% of marriages also end in divorce. Furthermore, you can be married, and still be alone and still die alone, while your spouse is cashing in your life insurance. There is no guarantees that someone single or married will die more or less alone than another. Perhaps 50 years ago, but not so much today.

Meh, I just figure Im along for the ride.

Would you marry Queen Vissy??

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #56 on: May 23, 2015, 11:51:41 PM »
Thats is a horrible generalization of "western women". In fact, ive never dated (or even thought about dating) a woman with any of thos "fake" features...expect maybe the fake nails.

You sound bitter....what happened?

Im sure if you have a "type" of woman you like...shes out there.

I do agree though, its nice to be single, self aware, un critisized and free to do what the fuck ever.  And there are a lot of shitting woman in Western culture.  But whatever youre in to, its 2015....theres a way to find it.  

Im sure theres a woman out there whos hot, will never talk back, natural beauty that loves sucking dick all day!  
Good women are the minority, and they get snapped up early on.  If like me you made poor choices in women when younger you miss the opportunity to snag one of the keepers. Any single women my age have vaginas that are a little to used for my liking. Add in a host of baggage, a tribe of bastard kids and a middle aged, well neglected body and generally a bad attitude, well any man that is seeking something like that in his middle years is welcome to it, me I prefer to do my own thing.  

What's the old saying Men give love to get sex and women give sex to get love, well I have had my fill of sex and have gotten past the overwhelming lustful years of my youth, and see sex as just one of the many life options to bring you pleasure.  Realistically, no matter how old a man gets, he always wants to fuck a hot young chick, so even the men who manage to stay married face a sex life that slowly degrades with their woman's age and sexual attractiveness.  Any man who needs the constant companionship of a woman in his middle years is basically struggling to shake some type of mother complex if you ask me.  Personally, I believe mature men prefer their own company or that of a close male friend (no homo) as opposed to a shallow superficial women.  I may be just different, but I actually prefer being single. 

Marriage is really suited to women, not to men.  Women have worked hard in convincing men that marriage is what they want, when in fact it's what women really want.  If a man was honest he would admit he would prefer some type of law of the jungle scenario, where he fucked a female a few times, impregnated her and then moved on to the next available female remaining forever on the move  fucking countless females.  I often believe humans become civilized because of female influences, and because BETA males are the majority they agreed to it as a strategy to outmaneuver the ALPHAS.
V

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #57 on: May 24, 2015, 12:15:54 AM »

"I believe mature men prefer their own company or that of a close male friend (no homo)"

;D

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #58 on: May 24, 2015, 12:39:38 AM »
;D
I am reminded of a Simpsons episode, I couldn't find a youtube clip of it, but it was the episode "Homer's phobia" and Marge had made a gay male friend and Homer didn't realize her new friend was gay.  Marge tries to hint to Homer that he is gay. 

Marge: Homer, didn't John seem a little "festive" to you?
Homer: Couldn't agree more, happy as a clam.
Marge: He prefers the company of men!
Homer: Who doesn't?
Marge: Homer, listen carefully. John is a Ho - mo...
Homer: Right.
Marge: ...Sexual.
Homer: AAAAHHH!
V

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: May 24, 2015, 10:59:24 AM »
Good women are the minority, and they get snapped up early on.  If like me you made poor choices in women when younger you miss the opportunity to snag one of the keepers. Any single women my age have vaginas that are a little to used for my liking. Add in a host of baggage, a tribe of bastard kids and a middle aged, well neglected body and generally a bad attitude, well any man that is seeking something like that in his middle years is welcome to it, me I prefer to do my own thing.  

What's the old saying Men give love to get sex and women give sex to get love, well I have had my fill of sex and have gotten past the overwhelming lustful years of my youth, and see sex as just one of the many life options to bring you pleasure.  Realistically, no matter how old a man gets, he always wants to fuck a hot young chick, so even the men who manage to stay married face a sex life that slowly degrades with their woman's age and sexual attractiveness.  Any man who needs the constant companionship of a woman in his middle years is basically struggling to shake some type of mother complex if you ask me.  Personally, I believe mature men prefer their own company or that of a close male friend (no homo) as opposed to a shallow superficial women.  I may be just different, but I actually prefer being single. 

Marriage is really suited to women, not to men.  Women have worked hard in convincing men that marriage is what they want, when in fact it's what women really want.  If a man was honest he would admit he would prefer some type of law of the jungle scenario, where he fucked a female a few times, impregnated her and then moved on to the next available female remaining forever on the move  fucking countless females.  I often believe humans become civilized because of female influences, and because BETA males are the majority they agreed to it as a strategy to outmaneuver the ALPHAS.

There are many examples supporting what you believe. Fortunately there are also many examples that support a much more positive view of relationships and marriage. It is also common for people to fulfill their own prophesies, meaning if you believe something is a certain way, you are more likely to prove yourself right than wrong.

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #60 on: May 24, 2015, 11:49:19 AM »
Guy is in his 30's, moved into his parents home (normal blue collar income home, no big luxuries I can see but very nice furniture) after leaving his wife and her kids (what happened here I do not ask. none of my business). This guy's life seems to sum up like this

- has great physique for his age
- seems to have zero stress (prob because of lack of relationships)
- he pulls pussy cuz he has a slew of fwb girls. tells each one its just about sex and that's all. if they aren't cool with that he cuts them loose
- keeps all his money to himself besides paying bills for his parents and helping them with their house/cleaning/cooking. he's not leeching off them it doesn't look like
- has a full time career (accountant)
- his hobbies appear to be lifting, playing sports games on xbox, reading books and putting in more hours with side businesses (he bought a hot dog cart this summer and has 2 people running it for him)
- recently bought (he tells me he could only now afford it because he left his wife) a Camaro SS

Seems to have the life. No stress, only deals with women on his own terms, lives comfortably.

His other friends (behind his back) seem to suffer from the need to say that he will die alone. And he will regret his decisions. I'm on the fence with this because for 1, I don't care what he does, I chill with him about once every 2 months and he's a blast to party with. Do you feel the single life in your 30's and not wanting to settle down again will in the long run cause heartache? I envy his stress free life in the fact that he doesn't have to wake up to screaming kids or have any responsibilities. He just works, hordes his money, and takes what he enjoys in life and leaves the rest.

What do you guys think of this "forever alone" (I see this term online all the time) single lifestyle approach?

Sounds amazing. If I were alone I'd be so much more focused on training and myself instead of putting up with bullshit everyday. However, I wouldn't live with my parents. I'd get a sweet house with all the toys imagineable and just train, work hard, read and play games. I'm a massive electronics and DIY fan so between messing around with games and electronics, I'd build shit and sell it.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #61 on: May 24, 2015, 12:29:14 PM »
There are many examples supporting what you believe. Fortunately there are also many examples that support a much more positive view of relationships and marriage. It is also common for people to fulfill their own prophesies, meaning if you believe something is a certain way, you are more likely to prove yourself right than wrong.

There are some good women out there, but they are very far and few between. 

Simple observation of married males out there will tell you that marriage is a raw deal for men.

For me, MGTOW is the only way to go.  My personal and financial freedom is much more valuable to me than anything else.

AlphaMaleDawg

• Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: May 24, 2015, 12:53:01 PM »
I'm 29 and also never been in a long term relationship. Longest I lasted was 5 months and I was cheating on her left and right, which made me realize I didn't belong in a relationship. I always did a good job getting poon but as soon as I used the internet to my advantage (pof/tinder/etc), it has become ridiculous. Slept with close to 150 females in my life. My relationship standards are extremely high compared to chicks I'll bang. If a girl is average, I'd hit it. A girl has to be amazingly hot with a great personality for me to date. That doesn't happen often at all though. I live by myself and am fine if I don't end up getting married. I definitely do not want kids. It would be cool to have a wedding and invite all my friends but that's a terrible reason to get married.

The guy in the op seems cool. I would imagine he will move out of there shortly and continue doing all the other things he does. It's hard to bring a chick back to your parents place at that age.

JediTerminator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #63 on: May 24, 2015, 03:21:44 PM »
I'm 29 and also never been in a long term relationship. Longest I lasted was 5 months and I was cheating on her left and right, which made me realize I didn't belong in a relationship. I always did a good job getting poon but as soon as I used the internet to my advantage (pof/tinder/etc), it has become ridiculous. Slept with close to 150 females in my life. My relationship standards are extremely high compared to chicks I'll bang. If a girl is average, I'd hit it. A girl has to be amazingly hot with a great personality for me to date. That doesn't happen often at all though. I live by myself and am fine if I don't end up getting married. I definitely do not want kids. It would be cool to have a wedding and invite all my friends but that's a terrible reason to get married.

The guy in the op seems cool. I would imagine he will move out of there shortly and continue doing all the other things he does. It's hard to bring a chick back to your parents place at that age.

I should of pointed out that he takes girls out to hotels for weekends or goes to their place. I imagine he takes some new girl out for a weekend at a hotel just fucking the shit out of her and then when she feels he's mr. right (now) he reminds them he isn't going to commit and they either accept that or he parts ways.  He has multiple cell phones because of his job. lol its pretty funny actually. He holds all the cards and the women have zero power.

f450

• Getbig IV
« Reply #64 on: May 24, 2015, 03:39:08 PM »
Nice to see most getbiggers are steeped in the red pill philosophy  ;D

Marriage is a raw ass deal for men. Who in their right mind would get in airplane if they knew that plane had a 50% chance  of crashing. I'm baffled that men keep getting married knowing the odds.  ???

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #65 on: May 24, 2015, 04:26:56 PM »
I'm going to sound a right boring c.unt, but until you have a family you don't know the joy kids bring you, half the time it is hell, the other half puts all the other shit you used to live for into perspective

Being married with kids is dull compared with the single life, but...its a nice feeling being settled and being the man of your house, I wouldn't swap it to go back chasing fanny again.. Is it being a beta that your the breadwinner, having everything done for you, or is it more alpha being over 30 taking selfies to put on dating sites?

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #66 on: May 24, 2015, 04:30:08 PM »
Guy is a loser , 30+ years old living with his parents, his wife left him , his kid hates him , I bet he's really happy  ::)

That's surprising to hear from liberal from you.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: May 24, 2015, 04:52:27 PM »
Nice to see most getbiggers are steeped in the red pill philosophy  ;D

Marriage is a raw ass deal for men. Who in their right mind would get in airplane if they knew that plane had a 50% chance  of crashing. I'm baffled that men keep getting married knowing the odds.  ???

Do you really believe comparing airplane travel to relationships and marriage is valid? While I get what you're saying about the odds of a successful marriage, one probably shouldn't get married if they are that convinced it will eventually fail.

A long time ago, I attended a wedding where the bride actually commented that if it didn't work out, there were plenty of other men who were marriage material. The groom should have bailed on the marriage right then. Fortunately, a lot of people still honestly believe marriage is forever.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #68 on: May 24, 2015, 04:56:57 PM »
Do you really believe comparing airplane travel to relationships and marriage is valid? While I get what you're saying about the odds of a successful marriage, one probably shouldn't get married if they are that convinced it will eventually fail.

A long time ago, I attended a wedding where the bride actually commented that if it didn't work out, there were plenty of other men who were marriage material. The groom should have bailed on the marriage right then. Fortunately, a lot of people still honestly believe marriage is forever.

That woman doesn't believe, obviously.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: May 24, 2015, 05:05:54 PM »
With all that,  you'll still be alone in the end ,life isn't just about sex ,dates , party................... .........  the key is to find the right person and build a worthwhile relationship ,someone who you can trust , someone that if shit hits the fan and things go bad, that person will  be right there next to you until the end.

PS:You don't have to get married to be happy

I am in complete agreement with you that one of the most rewarding things a person can do is to find that special person with whom you want to spend the rest of your life. You are also right that there is a good chance you will be alone when you die, or if in a relationship, one of you will be alone after the person you love passes.

Different things help make people happy. There are no guarantees in life. We do what we can and hope for the best outcome. If that doesn't happen and things go sour, many will try again.

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #70 on: May 24, 2015, 05:27:34 PM »
I'm going to sound a right boring c.unt, but until you have a family you don't know the joy kids bring you, half the time it is hell, the other half puts all the other shit you used to live for into perspective

Being married with kids is dull compared with the single life, but...its a nice feeling being settled and being the man of your house, I wouldn't swap it to go back chasing fanny again.. Is it being a beta that your the breadwinner, having everything done for you, or is it more alpha being over 30 taking selfies to put on dating sites?

I'd personally choose chasing pussy and having fun for five lifes in a row if I could (I'm lucky I have the genes to wander around for quite some time to come and still be "marketable"). 30+ for a male is just a begining of a real value, I have no idea how someone can marry before age 30 and be happy with the same female 30-40 years to come. It's a fukkin self-torture (if no cheating involved). I may regret it some years later, but I'm so damn lucky to be not married with no kids while approaching 30 it's crazy. I have a great hot gf, but if I wouldn't - the amount of pussy available is just insane, 20-25-30-35, whatever.. Good I'm concentrated on other fields currently so it's not so difficult to control myself. Not saying this because "marriage is bad, do not marry", just expressing my current state of being. Half of friends already are on a brink of a divorce, some already divorced, another half (who are married already) are walking dead or close to that, there's no hope for most of them to make it seriously in any field they dreamed years ago, the burden is just too much, alcohol, drugs appear, not good.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: May 24, 2015, 05:43:12 PM »
I'd personally choose chasing pussy and having fun for five lifes in a row if I could (I'm lucky I have the genes to wander around for quite some time to come and still be "marketable"). 30+ for a male is just a begining of a real value, I have no idea how someone can marry before age 30 and be happy with the same female 30-40 years to come. It's a fukkin self-torture (if no cheating involved). I may regret it some years later, but I'm so damn lucky to be not married with no kids while approaching 30 it's crazy. I have a great hot gf, but if I wouldn't - the amount of pussy available is just insane, 20-25-30-35, whatever.. Good I'm concentrated on other fields currently so it's not so difficult to control myself. Not saying this because "marriage is bad, do not marry", just expressing my current state of being. Half of friends already are on a brink of a divorce, some already divorced, another half (who are married already) are walking dead or close to that, there's no hope for most of them to make it seriously in any field they dreamed years ago, the burden is just too much, alcohol, drugs appear, not good.

I married my wife when I was 20 after dating her for two years, one of which we lived together. There is no self-torture involved in our 50+ year relationship. When something is right, it is just right.

For us, our relationship was most important, everything else was secondary. Alcohol and drugs have never been part of this picture. Jobs/careers were just a means to an end....which is what they should be in my opinion. Looking back, we have no regrets.

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #72 on: May 24, 2015, 05:50:17 PM »
I married my wife when I was 20 after dating her for two years, one of which we lived together. There is no self-torture involved in our 50+ year relationship. When something is right, it is just right.

For us, our relationship was most important, everything else was secondary. Alcohol and drugs have never been part of this picture. Jobs/careers were just a means to an end....which is what they should be in my opinion. Looking back, we have no regrets.

But you are bisexual and constantly pondered about cocks (or maybe even indulged, I have no idea). How is that not a self torture?
 On another hand - if you'd let yourself think negatively about that now, after all these years, it would make it very hard to live. Another thing - many of these oldschool long lasting marriages have some very dark secrets noone usualy knows about (like cheating of both spouses or some other use and abuse).
 It's great you are happy with the outcome (I'm just bringing some arguments, for the sake of that), but I guess you have no idea how life is now (for young people), how many opportunities and how different it has became in general. And it is different, you can be sure of that.

BTW - work is "means to an end" if you don't understand how life works in general. If one wants to be trully "happy", for as often, as possible - work must be used as means to earn lots and lots of money, which enable you to dominate, to control, to have power and THAT is what creates a constant good brain chemistry. To find a female and poop out a few kids is able almost anyone, to become rich and powerful - very rare ones.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: May 24, 2015, 06:09:57 PM »
lots of money, which enable you to dominate, to control, to have power and THAT is what creates a constant good brain chemistry.
I agree
http://www.businesspundit.com/10-millionaire-businessmen-who-committed-suicide/

f450

• Getbig IV
« Reply #74 on: May 24, 2015, 06:12:21 PM »

doesn't matter what you believe. the stats are there for all to see. Ignore the facts at your peril. Facts are facts and, feelings have no place here. The rising rates of suicide among divorced and disenfranchised "former husbands" not to mention the abject suffering administered by the heavy handed courts at the behest of the vindictive wife...  makes death in a plane crash seem humane by comparison.

some people get lucky and cant shut up about it which is understandable cus its like winning the lottery.  But try to keep your unique situation to yourself because the vast majority of marriages are not a happy union. not even close .. and the divorce rate is steadily rising ... spitting out a bloody mulch of broken men in its wake.