Author Topic: The Mature thread  (Read 244877 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: mature Bodybuilding thread
« Reply #7300 on: June 20, 2015, 01:54:52 PM »
damn,,,,have a happy fathers day 'if u celebrate it in germany'american tradition its tomm btw here...get better man...do cardio if u can,you know how i love cardio  ;D

Germans do celebrate father's day, but on a different day than we do in the U.S.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7301 on: June 20, 2015, 08:06:05 PM »
Get well soon Donny.  I am no way comparing my little problem to yours.

Something strange happened the last time I trained chest and arms. About 2 hours after the workout my left hand went completely numb. It felt like I had a ton of Novocaine injected. I couldn't feel anything I thought I was having some kind of cardio vascular event. I ran and took aspirin.  I called my wife who was at work and she wanted me to go to the hospital. I contacted my daughter who is a cardiac nurse. She said it could be a cardio vascular thing but more likely to be a crushed hand nerve. It suddenly occurred to me that my hand hurt using ivanko hand grippers at the end of my workout. I guess my hand swelled pushing on the nerve in my hand. The hand stayed numb for about an hour and then it slowly faded. Just bizarre.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #7302 on: June 21, 2015, 12:32:32 PM »
Get well soon Donny.  I am no way comparing my little problem to yours.

Something strange happened the last time I trained chest and arms. About 2 hours after the workout my left hand went completely numb. It felt like I had a ton of Novocaine injected. I couldn't feel anything I thought I was having some kind of cardio vascular event. I ran and took aspirin.  I called my wife who was at work and she wanted me to go to the hospital. I contacted my daughter who is a cardiac nurse. She said it could be a cardio vascular thing but more likely to be a crushed hand nerve. It suddenly occurred to me that my hand hurt using ivanko hand grippers at the end of my workout. I guess my hand swelled pushing on the nerve in my hand. The hand stayed numb for about an hour and then it slowly faded. Just bizarre.

- Temporary carpel tunnel? Usually with carpel tunnel the fingers go numb, but it seems possible that one's whole hand could be affected too. I knew two folks with a more serve form of carpel tunnel, where in one case the nerve was pinched at the elbow and in the other case at the shoulder.

I have carpel tunnel, which acted up in the past. Wearing a wrist brace, especially at night while sleeping helped. I avoided having surgery because there are some complications involved which would impact lifting weights such as a reduced ability to grip.

Anyone who works with their hands or does some manner of repeated hand movement is subject to getting carpel tunnel.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #7303 on: June 21, 2015, 07:00:32 PM »
fathers day dinner barbecue @home,had dad/sis and her family ,,kids jumped around on slip n slide.i cooked and it was hot out and grill hot as hell

grilled chicken 2 different marinades
london broil marinaded in a steak and chop formula
italian bread
cold pasta salad with pesto,artichokes,sun dried tomatoes,mozzarella,tomatoes  awesome...
sangria  :)
cofee,cookies/icecream for kids,lemon cake,,,i had an oatmeal raisen cookie  ;D just one...
corn on cob on  grill too...

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #7304 on: June 21, 2015, 08:04:23 PM »
- Temporary carpel tunnel? Usually with carpel tunnel the fingers go numb, but it seems possible that one's whole hand could be affected too. I knew two folks with a more serve form of carpel tunnel, where in one case the nerve was pinched at the elbow and in the other case at the shoulder.

I have carpel tunnel, which acted up in the past. Wearing a wrist brace, especially at night while sleeping helped. I avoided having surgery because there are some complications involved which would impact lifting weights such as a reduced ability to grip.

Anyone who works with their hands or does some manner of repeated hand movement is subject to getting carpel tunnel.
back of my hand i feel it and my pinky and next finger.  trouble gripping things but gets a bit better as the day goes on. see if i can work today.
fathers day dinner barbecue @home,had dad/sis and her family ,,kids jumped around on slip n slide.i cooked and it was hot out and grill hot as hell

grilled chicken 2 different marinades
london broil marinaded in a steak and chop formula
italian bread
cold pasta salad with pesto,artichokes,sun dried tomatoes,mozzarella,tomatoes  awesome...
sangria  :)
cofee,cookies/icecream for kids,lemon cake,,,i had an oatmeal raisen cookie  ;D just one...
corn on cob on  grill too...
sounds like you had a great Day...  ;D

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7305 on: June 21, 2015, 08:41:44 PM »
It was both my 29th wedding anniversary and of course father's day. Wife made prime rib. Spent most of the day in the pool having a couple of beers. Kids gave me running shorts, beach chair, book and a gift card for a local restaurant. Glad they could all come over from their busy lives. During dinner the conversation was planning our annual kayak trip through the pine barrens. We have a short route that takes us about 4 hours. It's great being out in nature away from people.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #7306 on: June 22, 2015, 07:33:40 AM »
It was both my 29th wedding anniversary and of course father's day. Wife made prime rib. Spent most of the day in the pool having a couple of beers. Kids gave me running shorts, beach chair, book and a gift card for a local restaurant. Glad they could all come over from their busy lives. During dinner the conversation was planning our annual kayak trip through the pine barrens. We have a short route that takes us about 4 hours. It's great being out in nature from from people.
8) rich..

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #7307 on: June 22, 2015, 07:54:07 PM »
chest

inc press 135/165/185/195/195-135 drop
fdb press 60/65/65 turn palms facing each other at top'squeeze'
dec db flyes 40/45/45
cable crossovers x3
seated chest press machine x3

tris
lying extensions pre made curl bar 60/70/70 reps mixed in extension and press in the sets get good burn
rope pushdowns x3
did padded portion old school dip extension i use the weighted pullup machine reverse and push down x3
2 sets finish close grip bench till failure

abs

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #7308 on: June 23, 2015, 12:20:32 AM »
chest

inc press 135/165/185/195/195-135 drop
fdb press 60/65/65 turn palms facing each other at top'squeeze'
dec db flyes 40/45/45
cable crossovers x3
seated chest press machine x3

tris
lying extensions pre made curl bar 60/70/70 reps mixed in extension and press in the sets get good burn
rope pushdowns x3
did padded portion old school dip extension i use the weighted pullup machine reverse and push down x3
2 sets finish close grip bench till failure

abs
like the dec db flyes. looking fine !

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #7309 on: June 23, 2015, 03:59:44 AM »
Oh well.... wrote off sick  :( what is there to do apart from watch great videos of Bill Grant,Bill pearl,Albert Beckles....  ;) and getbig

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #7310 on: June 23, 2015, 04:05:33 AM »
Bill Pearl...

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #7311 on: June 23, 2015, 04:11:20 AM »
A great Bodybuilder who did a series of videos still on the web...Bill Grant. The "old school series" by him is good solid advice.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #7312 on: June 23, 2015, 05:13:57 AM »
like the dec db flyes. looking fine !
u did them I started doing them like'em..just like the trisets for delts...

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #7313 on: June 23, 2015, 05:22:08 AM »
u did them I started doing them like'em..just like the trisets for delts...
yes they are a forgotten exercise for the chest. I donīt understand why people forget the Decline Fly or press. always liked Decline work. more natural than flat press or flys.. or at least for me. Feel my chest more.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #7314 on: June 23, 2015, 05:41:50 AM »
One thing i find funny is the variations from people i have seen doing Decline Flys with cables. i use cables in the same way as Bells with a decline bench(what is unique is twisting or pronating your hands/tension). some do them standing and that is where i see some strange variations.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #7315 on: June 23, 2015, 07:29:30 AM »
One thing i find funny is the variations from people i have seen doing Decline Flys with cables. i use cables in the same way as Bells with a decline bench(what is unique is twisting or pronating your hands/tension). some do them standing and that is where i see some strange variations.
CABLES ARE GREAT HAVEN'T DONE THEM IN YEARS....

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #7316 on: June 23, 2015, 07:39:47 AM »
CABLES ARE GREAT HAVEN'T DONE THEM IN YEARS....
steve you love cables.. :) do a lot more cable work than me. not just chest.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #7317 on: June 23, 2015, 09:39:45 AM »
steve you love cables.. :) do a lot more cable work than me. not just chest.
I DO FROM TIME TO TIME

SIDE DELT RAISES
FRONT DELT RAISES WITH ROPE OR SMALL BAR
BI CURLS
ALL TRI WORK USUALLY
CABLE SINGLE ARM ROWS STANDING 'LATS'
STANDING PULLDOWNS 'SLIGHT BEND AT WAIST'
UPRIGHTS
FOREARM WORK
SO,,,,YEAH I INCORPORATE IT IN DAILY WORKOUTS..

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #7318 on: June 23, 2015, 09:52:28 AM »
this cable exercise is very difficult.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #7319 on: June 23, 2015, 10:15:53 AM »
this cable exercise is very difficult.

I DO A VARIATION OF THOSE...LOVE EM...

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7320 on: June 23, 2015, 01:48:29 PM »
I rarely had access to a decline bench but they really take off the stress from the shoulder region. I recently saw a video with Yates saying what a great movement it is for chest.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #7321 on: June 24, 2015, 05:08:30 AM »
I rarely had access to a decline bench but they really take off the stress from the shoulder region. I recently saw a video with Yates saying what a great movement it is for chest.
yes they are very underrated. I remember in my Home gym just sticking a thick block of wood under my bench to make an incline/decline... i used Dumbbells. I mean it was crude but worked.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #7322 on: June 24, 2015, 08:10:48 AM »
well i am looking forward to my injection in my nerve roots on Friday... should be as you Americans say ...a real Blast ;D  Only thing that is pissing me off is the Queen is over to visit Hohne/ Fallingbostel so it will be very busy. Wife is working so i guess i will take a Taxi back home as i canīt drive at the moment. They said a lot of traffic because of the visit...fuck it, if i am fit enough i will walk. ;)

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #7323 on: June 24, 2015, 11:05:49 AM »
Look at the 1:34 mark. OK Bar / dumbbell position can make a small impact such as Gironda neck press which our Stevo likes.. on a flat bench but i have said this over and over again Decline works the whole chest and very well. look at how his whole chest contracts. I trust the sporthochschule Köln because/and my practical experience shows their research studies are correct.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #7324 on: June 24, 2015, 04:06:36 PM »
well i am looking forward to my injection in my nerve roots on Friday... should be as you Americans say ...a real Blast ;D  Only thing that is pissing me off is the Queen is over to visit Hohne/ Fallingbostel so it will be very busy. Wife is working so i guess i will take a Taxi back home as i canīt drive at the moment. They said a lot of traffic because of the visit...fuck it, if i am fit enough i will walk. ;)

They may not release you unless you have someone to drive you. This is the norm if the doctor gives you an anesthetic. When I've had colonoscopies, they require me to have a driver. They won't release me if I plan to drive, take a taxi or public transportation and if I wanted to walk. Anything happens to you and the doctor is liable.