Author Topic: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!  (Read 802003 times)

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!
« Reply #1825 on: January 13, 2018, 09:53:32 PM »
As my post.above it wasnt market caps i gave but real world cash investment required to hit those claim pricepoints. its a very different thing to market cap.

I commended and applauded yoj already on 3 posts. I feel you missed it and instead chose to take offense at my  input.

It's important to step back and perform a lessons learned..... for you its a matter of saying your investment outcome was 1300%. However your initial rationale and logic on which you based your investment was incorrect.

In fact you sold before bitcoin did any of the things of which your investment was based. Therefore you should reflect on what went wrong back at step 1 when you did your analysis that drove you to invest. The answers are in this thread to help you learn and adapt next time. The next time you pick something it could go horribly wrong.

the reason nobody has asked you what you will invest in next is because you havent been right about anything for the RIGHT reasons.

Thanks - no offence taken at all

I explained at the time BTC cannot be valued - hence I invested based on what I perceived would be a rising trend into BTC - its something as a value investor that I rarely do but I did it on this occasion and did well and I took some nice gains - this does not mean BTC could not go a lot higher (even Mr A has now hedged his view and agrees with this - a breakthrough (or maybe just a face saving technique lest be be embarrased yet again from calling yet another number as "the top"

Next time I pick based on what I foresee a trend I hope I will be right - but normally I invest based on a calculation of value

Yes any investment can go horribly wrong - key is to make the right investments more often than the wrong one - as a value investor that's relatively easy to do

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #1826 on: January 14, 2018, 07:59:50 AM »
Thanks - no offence taken at all

I explained at the time BTC cannot be valued - hence I invested based on what I perceived would be a rising trend into BTC - its something as a value investor that I rarely do but I did it on this occasion and did well and I took some nice gains - this does not mean BTC could not go a lot higher (even Mr A has now hedged his view and agrees with this - a breakthrough (or maybe just a face saving technique lest be be embarrased yet again from calling yet another number as "the top"

Next time I pick based on what I foresee a trend I hope I will be right - but normally I invest based on a calculation of value

Yes any investment can go horribly wrong - key is to make the right investments more often than the wrong one - as a value investor that's relatively easy to do

Weak... very weak.  That's all you got?

Many pages ago I said blipcoins were played out.  Blips will go up and down, but it is range bound and will not make new highs.  

Your math doesn't add up.  You probably did not make the amount you claim to.  Maybe your 20 blipcoins only existed in your mind.  Until you put up a screen shot of your 384K profit as proof, your claims (and everything you posted here) are bullshit and mean absolutely nothing.  

You are a disingenuous POS.  Anyone with an IQ above 90 who wants to spend a few hours re-reading this thread will realize this.  

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #1827 on: January 14, 2018, 08:58:18 AM »
1 Bitcoin equals
13328.10 US Dollar

Seems like bitcoin capped out between 17-18K and has been on a decline since.
X

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
« Reply #1828 on: January 14, 2018, 09:30:34 AM »
bitcoins will forever read 'blipcoins' in my mind thanks to this thread.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
« Reply #1829 on: January 14, 2018, 09:37:05 AM »
1 Bitcoin equals
13328.10 US Dollar

Seems like bitcoin capped out between 17-18K and has been on a decline since.

Yes, like I said 15 pages ago.  

Will be fun to watch John McAfee eat his dick once 2020 hits.  Chopped onions, mustard and relish should help him choke it down.  https://twitter.com/officialmcafee/status/935900326007328768

Regarding any investment... when people start speaking in absolutes and/or making outrageous predictions on price, you know it's a bubble and probably close to topping/popping.  You need to sell, and in most cases RUN the opposite way.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #1830 on: January 14, 2018, 07:52:15 PM »
Yes, like I said 15 pages ago.  

Will be fun to watch John McAfee eat his dick once 2020 hits.  Chopped onions, mustard and relish should help him choke it down.  https://twitter.com/officialmcafee/status/935900326007328768

Regarding any investment... when people start speaking in absolutes and/or making outrageous predictions on price, you know it's a bubble and probably close to topping/popping.  You need to sell, and in most cases RUN the opposite way.

The problem is too many conflicting narratives given the amount of information on the web.

Everyone has an opinion. Almost impossible to know who to trust.
X

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #1831 on: January 14, 2018, 10:19:30 PM »
Was thinking... certainly GIB has a screen shot of data that would put to rest any doubt on if it's legit or not. Redact any personal info...

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
« Reply #1832 on: January 14, 2018, 10:25:42 PM »

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1833 on: January 14, 2018, 10:39:08 PM »

That documentary about McAfee was pretty interesting. He ended up holding the lady doing the documentary captive but she escaped.

The interesting part contained in the messages that were posted about his pump and dump was he always wanted payment in Ethereum. Sure, the guy might be a nut, but a nut with hundreds of millions of dollars generally knows more about things than us peasants.

As far as a crash it looks more like a re-organisation amongst coins from the existing capital pool.

With BTC coming down, on my numbers i estimate something like a $5B selloff happening from my previous estimate of $20B cash investment in BTC which supported that crazy market cap of 300B or whatever it hit.

At the exact same time you have Ethereum volume and price doubling which on my numbers called for around $6B but it could be closer to $4B-$5B as people hold when the price goes up so it requires less input to get to a higher price.  It wouldn't surprise me if Ethereum had almost the same net cash inflow as Bitcoin today.

Numbers wise it seems cash from BTC moving to Eth and some others. The rise in ETH cannot be ignored because it required billions to happen and it just so happens that BTC lost billions at exactly the same time...... Yes, BTC is coming down and will be death by a thousand paper cuts but the crypto market isn't over because that cash has flowed onto other cryptos keeping the cash pool more or less the same as before.

We could see the coming months plays out like the below.
Take another $5B out from BTC and move it over to ETH. BTC drops to sub $10k and ETH goes to $2k. If ETH starts to bubble from people holding on then it might go to $2.5k.
Lets take another $5B out from BTC and move it over to ETH. BTC drops to $5k and ETH goes to $2.8k but it could go to $3.5k-$4k if there is an additional bubble.

Now, to get ETH above that requires additional cash capital from the finance sector which isn't happening right now. So i can't see ETH going higher than my numbers above without that happening.  I felt that ETH could go to $10k but that was under the assumption that additional financial cash injection happened. That's a big assumption right now.

What this does mean is BTC bleeding cash like a madman provides cash capital to be put into other coins (just like ETH as outlined above). There will be pump and dumps, coin death but a few that are under the radar which have massive backing have the potential to rise to a top 10 coin and provide a massive gain.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1834 on: January 14, 2018, 11:54:24 PM »
And now ... its with great relish that I compile the following highlights of ultimate self-owning, from our resident blipcoin angry man, Mr Anabolic. Enjoy... :)

November 13, 2013, 05:11:42 PM -Bitcoin price $401

It's a scam, a fad, a bubble, a trading vehicle.  Might as well buy some penny stocks... at least they trade on a legit exchange.

Would not be surprised if bitcon was created by TPTB to trick as many as possible into accepting an electronic fiat currency... 100% trackable and controllable.  Don't believe all the encryption security nonsense.

Look at a daily bitcoin chart... totally parabolic.  The next crash will be glorious.  

He tried again on March 17, 2014, 02:13:27 PM - Bitcoin price $589

Bitcoin is so 2013.

The bitcoin bubble has popped.

It's over.

And again ... September 04, 2017, 07:26:09 AM - Bitcoin price $4319

Me thinks $5000 was THE top.  Let's see if I'm right.

And again ...November 10, 2017, 04:10:43 AM - Bitcoin price - $6570

You are fantasizing.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread... when the avalanche of sell orders come in and everyone is looking for an exit at the same time... they not be able to sell and most will get their faces ripped off.   You'll be saying to yourself: "Why the fuck didn't I sell at $7800?"

And again ... November 19, 2017, 11:22:58 AM - Bitcoin Price $8033

Banksters will be able to naked short bitcoins and drive the price down like they do with precious metals.

Gonna be interesting when it collapses $1000's in a few minutes and you didn't even take profits on one.  You'll disappear... never to post in this thread again.

And nope, I didn't disappear, nor did I not take profits ...January 11, 2018, 06:35:31 PM - Bitcoin Price $14,681

Guys a little update (and as I said, I would post here, and say when I sold, whether it was at a profit or loss).

I am now almost entirely out of BTC, having sold off over the last few days at between 13500-16500. I now have 384K USD in the account I use for my BTC.

Its a pretty awesome feeling when you start, over a day to see the account balance grow as you see - $18,000, $24,000, $38,000 etc ending up to $384000 which is what I now have. (Also sold the BCC I had which was very nice considering I got it for "free").

Anyone who would have done exactly the opposite of what Mr A had recommended at the time of any of the above quotes would have profited very very handsomely (and I know from the PM's I have received that many of you did!).

... Oh and - Blippy blip blippty blip - Mr A you're full of shit :)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #1835 on: January 15, 2018, 01:53:26 AM »
And now ... its with great relish that I compile the following highlights of ultimate self-owning, from our resident blipcoin angry man, Mr Anabolic. Enjoy... :)

And nope, I didn't disappear, nor did I not take profits ...January 11, 2018, 06:35:31 PM - Bitcoin Price $14,681

Anyone who would have done exactly the opposite of what Mr A had recommended at the time of any of the above quotes would have profited very very handsomely (and I know from the PM's I have received that many of you did!).

Ouch, I’m a fan of Mr. anabolic but even I must admit that is some solid ownage

Zero2Hero

• Getbig II
« Reply #1836 on: January 15, 2018, 04:24:24 AM »
I think some more of an "old school" guys just does not get it fully, yet. I would say stating that bitcoin somehow "failed" would be a huge mistake, to say the least. At the wildest predictions everyone thought it will "reach 10k" by the end of 2017. It went far, far beyond that and stabilised at about 13-14k currently, which is damn impressive if you ask me. Now this is not what I wanted to say by "does not get ir fully", what I meant was that aside the "easy money" crowd, the speculative value, that exists, no doubt, there is another crowd (which I'm part of) that use bitcoin daily for bussiness. I am not going into the details too much, but lets say that btc allowed me to increase the efficiency of my bussiness by five fold, at the very least. And no, I'm not selling drugs on the dark web. Personally I am glad the price stopped rising, because while it was nice to watch the price going up, all that complicated doing bussiness somewhat, due to that high volatility. It's pretty much close to perfect now, as price does not fluctuate too much and if you are dealing in thousands - it's good eough.
 One example: I had to transfer a few thousands overseas and person who was a receiver was not using btc, so the only other fast (and it had to be fast) option was western union. Guess what, I had to waste my time to go to the wu office, answer some stupid questions AND pay an unnaceptable transfer fee in addition to the fact that they used not the best exchange course (it was another currency that had to reach the receiver). This is not all: receiver lives in a place where it was holidays during that time and no bank, no WU office worked for three more days (we realized that post factum), here you go "fast" down the shithole... Even if office would've been open, it still takes about FOUR hours for the money to reach a destinaton.

Needless to say I would have been able to make that payment in half an hour (at most) sitting comfortably in front of my pc, not answering any ridiculous questions and generally - not being traced ny any kind of "third party". If that does not create a pure VALUE for bitcoin than I don't know what to say to these people who say it's inherently worthless. You just don't get it. But you will, it's here to stay. It can go down to 2k, I personally don't give a damn, if it allows me to transfer wealth the way it does - it's all I need.

Oh, and regarding "pseudonimity", taxes, etc... It is very, very possible to stay completely anonymous and not taxed, if you know what are you doing. It is very possible to cash out EASILY also. Just my three cents on the topic. Good luck everyone.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
« Reply #1837 on: January 15, 2018, 04:44:47 AM »

I'm really getting to you aren't I ... I'm in your head now.  lol

You're the one who was pumping blipcoins claiming it was going to 100K and 1 million per blip... you were way, way off.  70 pages worth of total bullshit and nonsense.  You did not even believe your own posts... you owned yourself.  Post a screen shot of your account with the $384K in profit.  Like someone pointed out, your math doesn't add up.  You may have owned/sold some blips, but you didn't make $384K... no proof.  As I've stated many times already... a disingenuous piece of shit you are.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
« Reply #1838 on: January 15, 2018, 05:04:44 AM »
Was thinking... certainly GIB has a screen shot of data that would put to rest any doubt on if it's legit or not. Redact any personal info...

I'd if he did post a screen shot of that and it was authentic, I would definitely apologize and congratulate him.  However, he won't do that because he's lying about a good portion of it.

I've been on many trading and stock market forums since 1999.  Members would routinely post screen shots with private info redacted to prove their claims (especially during the dot.com bubble period).  No screen shot... no proof.  Claims and bragging mean nothing. 

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
« Reply #1839 on: January 15, 2018, 05:10:02 AM »

Gib needs to PROVE himself and post screen shots of his 384K profit. 

Until he does that, he's owned no one... except himself. 

1 million per blip? - lol 

Zero2Hero

• Getbig II
« Reply #1840 on: January 15, 2018, 05:18:31 AM »

1 million per blip? - lol 

It may very well go to that price some time in the future. My prediction is that we will see a next price jump when some third world country falls apart (like Venesuela) and the demand for btc increases overnight, for people to save their wealth.
 I'd prefer btc to stay at this price indefinitely, it enables me doing bussiness so much more easily, I don't care much about "gains" from a price increase. You have to understand that there exists a very real use of it, aside the trading/HODL'ing. It may not be usable for you, you may not even imagine the ways of using it to your advantage, but be assured - there IS a demand for it and it will continue to exist and increase over time.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
« Reply #1841 on: January 15, 2018, 05:27:40 AM »

It may very well go to that price some time in the future. My prediction is that we will see a next price jump when some third world country falls apart (like Venesuela) and the demand for btc increases overnight, for people to save their wealth.
 I'd prefer btc to stay at this price indefinitely, it enables me doing bussiness so much more easily, I don't care much about "gains" from a price increase. You have to understand that there exists a very real use of it, aside the trading/HODL'ing. It may not be usable for you, you may not even imagine the ways of using it to your advantage, but be assured - there IS a demand for it and it will continue to exist and increase over time.

Blipcoin was just the experiment.  Blockchain technology was invented by TPTB.  They want total digital control over everyone.  Control the means of exchange and you control EVERYONE.  Soon physical cash will not exist, that means no more anonymity.  That's not something you or anyone else should wish for.  Think about it.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1842 on: January 15, 2018, 06:13:21 AM »
I think some more of an "old school" guys just does not get it fully, yet. I would say stating that bitcoin somehow "failed" would be a huge mistake, to say the least. At the wildest predictions everyone thought it will "reach 10k" by the end of 2017. It went far, far beyond that and stabilised at about 13-14k currently, which is damn impressive if you ask me. Now this is not what I wanted to say by "does not get ir fully", what I meant was that aside the "easy money" crowd, the speculative value, that exists, no doubt, there is another crowd (which I'm part of) that use bitcoin daily for bussiness. I am not going into the details too much, but lets say that btc allowed me to increase the efficiency of my bussiness by five fold, at the very least. And no, I'm not selling drugs on the dark web. Personally I am glad the price stopped rising, because while it was nice to watch the price going up, all that complicated doing bussiness somewhat, due to that high volatility. It's pretty much close to perfect now, as price does not fluctuate too much and if you are dealing in thousands - it's good eough.
 One example: I had to transfer a few thousands overseas and person who was a receiver was not using btc, so the only other fast (and it had to be fast) option was western union. Guess what, I had to waste my time to go to the wu office, answer some stupid questions AND pay an unnaceptable transfer fee in addition to the fact that they used not the best exchange course (it was another currency that had to reach the receiver). This is not all: receiver lives in a place where it was holidays during that time and no bank, no WU office worked for three more days (we realized that post factum), here you go "fast" down the shithole... Even if office would've been open, it still takes about FOUR hours for the money to reach a destinaton.

Needless to say I would have been able to make that payment in half an hour (at most) sitting comfortably in front of my pc, not answering any ridiculous questions and generally - not being traced ny any kind of "third party". If that does not create a pure VALUE for bitcoin than I don't know what to say to these people who say it's inherently worthless. You just don't get it. But you will, it's here to stay. It can go down to 2k, I personally don't give a damn, if it allows me to transfer wealth the way it does - it's all I need.

Oh, and regarding "pseudonimity", taxes, etc... It is very, very possible to stay completely anonymous and not taxed, if you know what are you doing. It is very possible to cash out EASILY also. Just my three cents on the topic. Good luck everyone.

Well said. Agree 100%. Someone who “gets it”.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1843 on: January 15, 2018, 06:15:34 AM »

Agree 100% - and yes, those who hodl may well be rewarded.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1844 on: January 15, 2018, 06:21:15 AM »

Thank you. Yes a very nice self owning of Mr A indeed!

My one kind of regret is that i did not hold until I was a full-blown crypto millionaire instead of getting to around 1/3 of the way there. That would have been the icing on the cake of his self ownage. But still I’ll take my gains and am very happy with them.

Oh if only Mr Anabolic (and me for that matter) has listened to Getbig’s idiot/savant Vincent Goodrim back in 2013...

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #1845 on: January 15, 2018, 06:39:44 AM »

Hahahaha what an idiot.  ;D

His predictions were far off by $85,000 and $985,000... oh wait, wasn't that you?

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1846 on: January 15, 2018, 07:18:07 AM »
Mr Gib, how many bitcoins did you ultimately sell?  Did you hold on to any?  I have a coworker who is very involved in cryptos, and he told me yesterday that he is thinking of selling off 95% of everything he has, and holding onto 5%. 

Zero2Hero

• Getbig II
« Reply #1847 on: January 15, 2018, 07:22:44 AM »

Blipcoin was just the experiment.  Blockchain technology was invented by TPTB.  They want total digital control over everyone.  Control the means of exchange and you control EVERYONE.  Soon physical cash will not exist, that means no more anonymity.  That's not something you or anyone else should wish for.  Think about it.

Blockchain technology actually is what enables annonimity, so it would make no sense to create something like that on purpose, by government. The goal to restrict cash usage by public is real, you are right, but they expected to do that by forcing everyone to use their credit/debit card/online bank account/etc. But then btc was created and all these plans suddenly became very shaky. It is possible to stay pretty much fully annonymous while using BTC if you want it, but if that is not enough for some reason or you want to put less effort, there are coins like Monero, which are bullet proof, regarding staying under the radars.
 Decentralised exchanges, when  developed fully,will make all this even better. If government created it, well, they made a mistake somewhere in their calculations, because what was impossible just like five years ago, is possible now, and they can not do anything about it, I know it first hand, it has been a blessing for me and many more. Speculations is one side of a coin, an actual use is another.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1848 on: January 15, 2018, 07:29:08 AM »
Mr Gib, how many bitcoins did you ultimately sell?  Did you hold on to any?  I have a coworker who is very involved in cryptos, and he told me yesterday that he is thinking of selling off 95% of everything he has, and holding onto 5%. 

Held onto 1 btc and a few bits and pieces - basically a touch over 1. Will keep that so I can still legitimately gloat about any new highs but also as a hedge against what my happen in the future not to mention an easy access to cash if emergency and travelling.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
« Reply #1849 on: January 15, 2018, 07:35:55 AM »
Blockchain technology actually is what enables annonimity, so it would make no sense to create something like that on purpose, by government. The goal to restrict cash usage by public is real, you are right, but they expected to do that by forcing everyone to use their credit/debit card/online bank account/etc. But then btc was created and all these plans suddenly became very shaky. It is possible to stay pretty much fully annonymous while using BTC if you want it, but if that is not enough for some reason or you want to put less effort, there are coins like Monero, which are bullet proof, regarding staying under the radars.
 Decentralised exchanges, when  developed fully,will make all this even better. If government created it, well, they made a mistake somewhere in their calculations, because what was impossible just like five years ago, is possible now, and they can not do anything about it, I know it first hand, it has been a blessing for me and many more. Speculations is one side of a coin, an actual use is another.

Don't all exchanges ask for a picture ID, SS# and other private info to open an account?  That's not anonymous.

There is no escaping big brother.  Governments can do anything and enact any law it wants to.  They can ban all cryptos outright, or ban transfers of cash from crypto exchanges into bank accounts.  If they don't want you to use something, you won't.   Once "Fedcoin" is mandated by law, all other cryptos will most likely be deemed illegal.