Author Topic: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!  (Read 800126 times)

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!
« Reply #3550 on: November 17, 2020, 07:02:23 PM »
An update on Mr Anabolic's psychological state. Quote from GetBig history but worth reposting. At the time, my diagnosis of his mental state was as follows:

Psychologists explain this behavior as a natural consequence of those who are upset or feel grief/envy worrying about having lost the opportunity to participate. The so called Kubler-Ross model which we are seeing classic examples of from some of the posters here.

The 5 stages of grief and loss are:

1. Denial and isolation (this bitcoin thing is BS, bitcoin people are freaks, bitcoins are just blips - how can they be worth anything, it’s all a conspiracy / Ponzi scheme).

2. Anger (GIB you suck, GIB you are delusional, you are a psychopath, etc etc).

3. Bargaining (The easy money has been made. The peak has been reached. Well maybe bitcoins are a legit asset but I believe something better will come along, gold is still better than bitcoin, etc).

4. Depression (oh man I (secretly) wished that I had invested :(

5. Acceptance. (Ok, I get it now).

People who are grieving do not necessarily go through the stages in the same order or experience all of them to the same degree.

People like Mr A are somewhere in between stages 2 and 3. Most will eventually get to 5. On a much broader level we can see all of society collectively moving through these phases also when it comes to understanding and acceptance of bitcoins (and this is in turn also reflected as a whole in bitcoin price movements). Prices will stabilise when we get collectively to level 5 but until then will be volatile but overall upwards.

He has now progressed, and is swinging between phases 3-4. We will see this play out (and people an even regress in stages), but he will likely eventually get to 5.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3551 on: November 17, 2020, 09:21:36 PM »
We can now see here very clearly the benefit on a non-fiat, decentralized, immutable store of wealth.

BTC has now achieved all-time high prices relative to numerous other world currencies.

In an Oct. 22 tweet, Alistair Milne mentioned seven countries in which Bitcoin had already reached its all-time high relative to those countries' native fiat currencies. In the same tweet, he said Colombia and Russia would soon join the list.

Bitcoin recently surpassed its all-time high against the Russian ruble earlier this month. The asset also broke its record high against the Colombian peso a few weeks ago, completing the list — except for his closing comment, which forecasts “all other fiat currencies” to follow.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/bitcoin-has-hit-all-time-highs-against-numerous-world-currencies

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3552 on: November 19, 2020, 09:07:00 PM »
Ricardo Salinas Pliego, the second-wealthiest man in Mexico, has revealed that 10% of his “liquid portfolio” is invested in Bitcoin (BTC).

https://cointelegraph.com/news/mexico-s-second-richest-man-invests-10-of-his-liquid-portfolio-in-bitcoin

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3553 on: November 19, 2020, 09:31:35 PM »
Back in 2013 when BTC was $381 per coin...

No wonder Mr A is  ??? ??? ??? :'( :'( :'(

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3554 on: November 20, 2020, 02:38:24 AM »
BTC is probably a week away from either doing a massive run or a massive pullback.

If it's a run up, we are going to see it at 23k-25k.

If it's a pullback look to 16k.

What people should know is there are large.whale holders of.BTC who need to sell their horde in order to creqte greater.market.depth. Pullbacks are inevitable as these massive holders sell off after each run up.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #3555 on: November 20, 2020, 03:52:00 AM »
BTC is probably a week away from either doing a massive run or a massive pullback.

If it's a run up, we are going to see it at 23k-25k.

If it's a pullback look to 16k.

What people should know is there are large.whale holders of.BTC who need to sell their horde in order to creqte greater.market.depth. Pullbacks are inevitable as these massive holders sell off after each run up.
The pullback will occur after the next stimulus check release where idiots across the country will invest their $1500 thinking they are going to get rich. :D

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #3556 on: November 20, 2020, 04:08:58 AM »

Teutonic Knight 1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3557 on: November 20, 2020, 12:10:35 PM »

??? why uncle Tedros of WHO fame don't accept donations (like $ 500 000 000  from China) in bitcoins  ;D

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #3558 on: November 20, 2020, 01:46:38 PM »

lol - I'm not crying, believe me. 

Blips are speculation du jour.  FOMO has taking over, the chart is going parabolic and that's never a good thing.  Here is the chart:  https://www.finviz.com/crypto_charts.ashx?t=BTCUSD&tf=mo  Can it go even higher?... of course it can.

I hope the hodlers keep hodling.  This next dump will be epic, then they'll disappear like they did when it dumped from $19K to $3K.   

There are plenty of ways to make money.  I trade futures and options every week.  I do very, very well.  Not going to post any $ numbers because I'm a very modest man.

Once the FED comes out with a sovereign crypto, blips will be declared illegal.  The bag holders will be multitudinous.  Then you'll see some real   :o :'(  :o :'(  :o :'(

Anyone here better think twice before you run out and put all your shekels in the cloud.

BTW, have you seen the prices of ammo lately?  Now going for 5-6x what I paid for it when I started amassing it 15 years ago.  Pretty damn good investment.

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #3559 on: November 20, 2020, 02:03:30 PM »
I got out today. Broke even after a year with ethereum and bitcoin cash.

No more cryptoceling for me.

Though I might be tempted to buy low on the next crash. It's all about timing.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
« Reply #3560 on: November 20, 2020, 02:08:10 PM »
I got out today. Broke even after a year with ethereum and bitcoin cash.

No more cryptoceling for me.

Though I might be tempted to buy low on the next crash. It's all about timing.

Smart man. 

When this next dump comes (and it will), hodlers won't know what hit em... just like last time. 

Greed and FOMO is what kills most traders/investors.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #3561 on: November 20, 2020, 04:53:04 PM »
BlackRock’s Chief Investment Officer Says Bitcoin Could Replace Gold to a Large Extent

The chief decision maker for where BlackRock, the world’s largest asset manager, invests its funds said bitcoin could take the place of gold to a large extent because crypto is “so much more functional than passing a bar of gold around.”

Speaking during CNBC’s Squawk Box on Friday, BlackRock CIO of Fixed Income Rick Rieder responded to a question asking if governments might try to regulate bitcoin if its price keeps rallying.

“I think cryptocurrency’s here to stay, I think it is … durable,” he said.

Alongside central banks developing digital currencies, millennials’ “receptivity” to technology and cryptocurrency “is real, digital payments systems is real,” Rieder said.

“Do I think it’s a durable mechanism that … could take the place of gold to a large extent? Yeah, I do, because it’s so much more functional than passing a bar of gold around,” Rieder said.

The CIO balanced that by saying he’s not particularly a bitcoin bull and doesn’t include it much in business and corporate portfolios. Further, it’s not clear if bitcoin is worth its current price of over $18,000 price, he said.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/blackrock-exec-says-bitcoin-could-140419263.html

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3562 on: November 20, 2020, 05:24:48 PM »
lol - I'm not crying, believe me. 

Blips are speculation du jour.  FOMO has taking over, the chart is going parabolic and that's never a good thing.  Here is the chart:  https://www.finviz.com/crypto_charts.ashx?t=BTCUSD&tf=mo  Can it go even higher?... of course it can.

I hope the hodlers keep hodling.  This next dump will be epic, then they'll disappear like they did when it dumped from $19K to $3K.   

There are plenty of ways to make money.  I trade futures and options every week.  I do very, very well.  Not going to post any $ numbers because I'm a very modest man.

Once the FED comes out with a sovereign crypto, blips will be declared illegal.  The bag holders will be multitudinous.  Then you'll see some real   :o :'(  :o :'(  :o :'(

Anyone here better think twice before you run out and put all your shekels in the cloud.

BTW, have you seen the prices of ammo lately?  Now going for 5-6x what I paid for it when I started amassing it 15 years ago.  Pretty damn good investment.

So we are making some progress with you!. Thank you for telling us that Bitcoin (now at $18,000), which you called a bubble in back in November 13, 2013, 05:1:42 PM when BTC was $381 per coin,

and again on March 17, 2014, 02:13:27 PM -when Bitcoin price $589

and again ... September 04, 2017, 07:26:09 AM - when Bitcoin price $4319

and again ...November 10, 2017, 04:10:43 AM - when Bitcoin price - $6570

and again ... November 19, 2017, 11:22:58 AM - when Bitcoin Price $8033

..."Can go even higher."  :)

That absolutely makes my day as a wind down here with a glass of whisky.

When it surpasses the 20K mark, your self-humiliation and GetBig self-ownership of peace, will have been completed.

So now, let me push you a little further on your journey Mr A. How much further can it go? Dare you admit it may go past 20K? 50K? 100K? Because if so, you are starting to sound pretty much like me, I believe. ("A bliptard" was one of the terms I believe you used).

And what makes you then of the possible (and likely) new all time high that we may see in the near future? Some kind rare "double tulip bubble" perhaps lol? A dead cat bounce where the cat wasn't actually dead and had superpowers? A blip along the way (no pun intended) at the start of what in hindsight was a much longer journey over the years ahead?

I have already explained about how a so-called FedCoin would provide a massive flow of money into a non-Fed coin (ie Bitcoin). You yourself, have even admitted you would be very reluctant to use a Fed-coin (hint - you will in practical terms have no choice but to use one). But, you will have the choice to put your money into bitcoin (which if you have not secretly done already, you will do). By the time FedCoin come along, even just as it approaches, you will see a massive surge into BTC. By then you will have missed out massively in terms of the price that you will need to pay for one.

In practical terms, it is impossible to declare a mathematical algorithm illegal. Just like gold, (your favorite asset, which BTC has massively outperformed) did not "disappear" back when it was declared illegal, nor can BTC disappear. Indeed, its possible that gold might some time be "declared illegal" again too, and I think we both know that it would be far far easier to confiscate gold (or stop it being traded) than it would be to do so to BTC.

But either way, America is not going to ban BTC. Regulate it, yes sure (that has already happened). But what will happen is that US will embrace it  - it will run in synch with a FedCoin, and will by the way serve as a healthy check and balance to any FedCoin. The people will demand it. And the Government will have no choice but to allow it.

See you at the 20K mark for a little celebration and a few select "the best quotes of Mr A, that we can all take a moment to have a chuckle at).

xxx Blip

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
« Reply #3563 on: November 20, 2020, 05:48:59 PM »
So we are making some progress with you!. Thank you for telling us that Bitcoin (now at $18,000), which you called a bubble in back in November 13, 2013, 05:1:42 PM when BTC was $381 per coin,

and again on March 17, 2014, 02:13:27 PM -when Bitcoin price $589

and again ... September 04, 2017, 07:26:09 AM - when Bitcoin price $4319

and again ...November 10, 2017, 04:10:43 AM - when Bitcoin price - $6570

and again ... November 19, 2017, 11:22:58 AM - when Bitcoin Price $8033

..."Can go even higher."  :)

That absolutely makes my day as a wind down here with a glass of whisky.

When it surpasses the 20K mark, your self-humiliation and GetBig self-ownership of peace, will have been completed.

So now, let me push you a little further on your journey Mr A. How much further can it go? Dare you admit it may go past 20K? 50K? 100K? Because if so, you are starting to sound pretty much like me, I believe. ("A bliptard" was one of the terms I believe you used).

And what makes you then of the possible (and likely) new all time high that we may see in the near future? Some kind rare "double tulip bubble" perhaps lol? A dead cat bounce where the cat wasn't actually dead and had superpowers? A blip along the way (no pun intended) at the start of what in hindsight was a much longer journey over the years ahead?

I have already explained about how a so-called FedCoin would provide a massive flow of money into a non-Fed coin (ie Bitcoin). You yourself, have even admitted you would be very reluctant to use a Fed-coin (hint - you will in practical terms have no choice but to use one). But, you will have the choice to put your money into bitcoin (which if you have not secretly done already, you will do). By the time FedCoin come along, even just as it approaches, you will see a massive surge into BTC. By then you will have missed out massively in terms of the price that you will need to pay for one.

In practical terms, it is impossible to declare a mathematical algorithm illegal. Just like gold, (your favorite asset, which BTC has massively outperformed) did not "disappear" back when it was declared illegal, nor can BTC disappear. Indeed, its possible that gold might some time be "declared illegal" again too, and I think we both know that it would be far far easier to confiscate gold (or stop it being traded) than it would be to do so to BTC.

But either way, America is not going to ban BTC. Regulate it, yes sure (that has already happened). But what will happen is that US will embrace it  - it will run in synch with a FedCoin, and will by the way serve as a healthy check and balance to any FedCoin. The people will demand it. And the Government will have no choice but to allow it.

See you at the 20K mark for a little celebration and a few select "the best quotes of Mr A, that we can all take a moment to have a chuckle at).

xxx Blip

lol 

$100,000...

$250,000...

then $1 MILLION!

Blipcon is doing another one of its parabolic ramps and out come the roosters to crow about how cool it is and how smart they are.

Just like the last time, and the time before that, it will crash... hard.  Parabolic spikes never last, it's proven over and over and over. 

And when it does crash this time, I am going barbecue your ass in molasses.  lol

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
« Reply #3564 on: November 20, 2020, 05:55:07 PM »
BlackRock’s Chief Investment Officer Says Bitcoin Could Replace Gold to a Large Extent

The chief decision maker for where BlackRock, the world’s largest asset manager, invests its funds said bitcoin could take the place of gold to a large extent because crypto is “so much more functional than passing a bar of gold around.”

Speaking during CNBC’s Squawk Box on Friday, BlackRock CIO of Fixed Income Rick Rieder responded to a question asking if governments might try to regulate bitcoin if its price keeps rallying.

“I think cryptocurrency’s here to stay, I think it is … durable,” he said.

Alongside central banks developing digital currencies, millennials’ “receptivity” to technology and cryptocurrency “is real, digital payments systems is real,” Rieder said.

“Do I think it’s a durable mechanism that … could take the place of gold to a large extent? Yeah, I do, because it’s so much more functional than passing a bar of gold around,” Rieder said.

The CIO balanced that by saying he’s not particularly a bitcoin bull and doesn’t include it much in business and corporate portfolios. Further, it’s not clear if bitcoin is worth its current price of over $18,000 price, he said.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/blackrock-exec-says-bitcoin-could-140419263.html

Notice how these bliptards always comparing it to gold.  Even the visual representation of it is colored like a gold coin.  What does this tell you?

Nothing replaces gold... nothing.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #3565 on: November 20, 2020, 05:57:24 PM »
Notice how these bliptards always comparing it to gold.  Even the visual representation of it is colored like a gold coin.  What does this tell you?

in 15 years we'll be mining seemingly infinite amounts of gold on asteroids in space.BTC will still be finite with only 21 million coins ever.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
« Reply #3566 on: November 20, 2020, 06:10:06 PM »
in 15 years we'll be mining seemingly infinite amounts of gold on asteroids in space.  BTC will still be finite with only 21 million coins ever.

You believe everything you read on those internets?

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #3567 on: November 21, 2020, 01:11:58 AM »
$18.724,76

Will we pass the old all time high?

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3568 on: November 21, 2020, 02:29:25 AM »
lol 

$100,000...

$250,000...

then $1 MILLION!

Blipcon is doing another one of its parabolic ramps and out come the roosters to crow about how cool it is and how smart they are.

Just like the last time, and the time before that, it will crash... hard.  Parabolic spikes never last, it's proven over and over and over. 

And when it does crash this time, I am going barbecue your ass in molasses.  lol

Ummm that's why you read data to take educated moves.

I explained the crashes as the large holders must dump in order the achieve greater market penetration.

A pullback is going to happen shortly because it's part of the lifecycle. It's either going to pull back very shortly or it will instead ramp to around 25k and then dump to 16k.

After that, there will be another massive ramp, then a dump, ramp, dump and so on until enough market parti ipants are in to decrease the volatility and decrease the depth of the ramps and dumps. Pretty basic stuff.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3569 on: November 21, 2020, 02:40:01 AM »

Aaaaaah yes..because you don't understand how the money supply works, you claim you are drowning in inflation when there actually is extremely little and so you put your money in gold which is currently one of the worst performing classes since the paneldemic.

How brilliant of you...... 

Even China has sold off gold during the pandemic.....

After the upcoming pullback of BTC it will still have outperformed gold during the pandemic.

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #3570 on: November 21, 2020, 03:02:59 AM »
$18.724,76

Will we pass the old all time high?

I don't even wanna know how many idiots still go in these days and panic-sell again in 6 months from now at $ 4000, just like 3 years ago ;D

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #3571 on: November 21, 2020, 03:17:54 AM »
I don't even wanna know how many idiots still go in these days and panic-sell again in 6 months from now at $ 4000, just like 3 years ago ;D

Advise to fellow getbiggers is to empty our offshore investment accounts (in Dubai, India) into bitcoin during the next crash.

Bitcoin is what grew the empires of moguls like vince goodrum

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #3572 on: November 21, 2020, 05:27:01 AM »

;D

The mental gymnastics some people take to avoid admitting that they could possibly be wrong in their beliefs.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
« Reply #3573 on: November 21, 2020, 06:06:07 AM »
Aaaaaah yes..because you don't understand how the money supply works, you claim you are drowning in inflation when there actually is extremely little and so you put your money in gold which is currently one of the worst performing classes since the paneldemic.

How brilliant of you...... 

Even China has sold off gold during the pandemic.....

After the upcoming pullback of BTC it will still have outperformed gold during the pandemic.

Feel better now?  lol

Blips are a speculative trading vehicle... that's all.  When a whale unloads, the price dumps.   

Banks do not hoard blips, they hoard gold and silver.

Gold WILL ALWAYS be a store of value and insurance against dollar devaluation and a financial system collapse.  It doesn't matter how much claptrap you post here, you cannot change 5000 years of history.   

Nobody here is buying 1 blipcoin for $19,000 - lol

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
« Reply #3574 on: November 21, 2020, 06:14:24 AM »
Ummm that's why you read data to take educated moves.

I explained the crashes as the large holders must dump in order the achieve greater market penetration.

A pullback is going to happen shortly because it's part of the lifecycle. It's either going to pull back very shortly or it will instead ramp to around 25k and then dump to 16k.

After that, there will be another massive ramp, then a dump, ramp, dump and so on until enough market parti ipants are in to decrease the volatility and decrease the depth of the ramps and dumps. Pretty basic stuff.

"I explained"  ::)   

All getbiggers are required to kneel in the presence of the omnipotent idiot savant!