Author Topic: Mike Mentzer  (Read 94643 times)

NotMrAverage

• Getbig IV
  • SCHPORT
Re: Great Mike Mentzer Video
« Reply #75 on: June 10, 2006, 01:45:36 AM »
Your theory only has one flaw: Dorian did HIT (old school HIT, not Mentzer 1993+) and had NO arms. But he did have GREAT LATS, A THICK CHEST and everything else that you just pointed out Mike does´nt have.
MIRAGETROPIN

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #76 on: June 10, 2006, 01:52:10 AM »
Your theory only has one flaw: Dorian did HIT (old school HIT, not Mentzer 1993+) and had NO arms. But he did have GREAT LATS, A THICK CHEST and everything else that you just pointed out Mike does´nt have.

That's because genetics determines how you look, not the way you train. People also attribute Dorian's grainyness to HIT training,  which is ludicrous

BallzDeep69

« Reply #77 on: June 10, 2006, 03:06:00 AM »

HAHAHAhaha how true. IT's funny how Mentzer was considered blocky and thick waisted, but his waist is tighter than almost all of today's gut-builders.

He did have unusually wide hips for a guy of his stature.  Sure his waist was tight in that clip, but in the 80' Mr olympia his guy was pretty bloated for the standards they had back then.

BallzDeep69

« Reply #78 on: June 10, 2006, 03:17:27 AM »

No it doesn't.  Because Dorian didn't do HIT, he did his own modified version that included many more exercises and sets per bodypart than Mentzer ever prescribed.

Mentzer's only back exercise was the undergrip pulldown and maybe deadlifts here and there.  This explains the comeplete lack of back thickness you see in the clip.  There are abercrombie models with more definition and cuts in their backs.  For chest all he did was incline press, and pec-deck flyes, thus he had very little overall chest thickness as a result.  Dorian did atleast 4 exercises for chest, and 5 or 6 for back in any given workout which is why he carried the giant chest/back thickness he had. 

Dorian did undergrip barbell rows, machine rows, undergrip pulldowns, 1 arm cable rows, then deadlifts in the same workout...  Obiviously the guy knew exactly what he was doing when he built that monolithic back.  Mentzer just said "Oh gee this one exercise hits my whole back, if I do more I'll over-twane!" 

So the moral is that Dorian crafted Mentzer's HIT into a real muscle building routine that built something that regular HIT could never do.  Mentzer with his superior genetics sadly only got the size he did because HIT will only take you so far with mass despite the tremendous strength you acquire on the few exercises you do.  I think Dorian's chest after 2 years of training was thicker than Mentzer's ever was.

crc69

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #79 on: June 10, 2006, 03:25:49 AM »
&search=mike%20mentzer

Totally shit and on P2P for 8 years  ::) ::)

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #80 on: June 10, 2006, 09:52:08 AM »
I think he was an alltime great myself.
The House that Ruth built

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #81 on: June 10, 2006, 10:34:49 AM »
Totally shit and on P2P for 8 years  ::) ::)

It was home moved filmed in 1978. What do you expect? ::)
The House that Ruth built

Rome

• Getbig IV
  • Pics or GTFO!
Mike Mentzer on stage
« Reply #82 on: August 20, 2006, 12:44:31 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eB3WECqVEU0&mode=related&search=
POWERFUL physique and his training had a big impact on me. Gone way too soon :'(

BayGBM

• Getbig V
Re: Mike Mentzer on stage
« Reply #83 on: August 20, 2006, 01:02:26 PM »
If any of you want the original (higher resolution) version of that video send me a private message; I'm going to be deleting some of my collected video clips soon.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #84 on: August 20, 2006, 02:51:11 PM »
cool clip,thanks
R

The RedMeatKid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #85 on: August 20, 2006, 04:09:39 PM »
Mike Mentzer was a very sick man mentally, physically and spiritually.  He is alleged to have been lovers with his brother Ray, who committed suicide days after Mike's death.  The brothers were as creepy as they come.
(

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #86 on: August 20, 2006, 04:10:57 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eB3WECqVEU0&mode=related&search=
POWERFUL physique and his training had a big impact on me. Gone way too soon :'(

Yeah but it wasn't practical strengh.
just push some weight!

Big N

• Getbig V
  • Veteran Fella
« Reply #87 on: August 20, 2006, 05:28:53 PM »
What??  Speak on this.

Hey, do you look like Tom Cruise on GH?

Matt some serious stuff bro, the suggestions i made for probb.com hasnt been looked into at all? Let me help you and get it back on its feet bro its D-E-A-D in there.
#

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: August 20, 2006, 05:38:42 PM »
tremendous physique - needed ALOT more thickness to his back though (at least by today's standards)

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
  • It’s about how hard you can GET hit...
« Reply #89 on: August 20, 2006, 05:40:05 PM »
Mike Mentzer was a very sick man mentally, physically and spiritually. 

Yes Mike had problems. No argument there. I knoew him and witnessed this.

He is alleged to have been lovers with his brother Ray, who committed suicide days after Mike's death.  

These statement is about as unfounded as they come. Alleged to be lovers by who? Some internet genius?

The Los Angeles County Coroner found no evidence of suicide although they did investigate it as such. Ray was distraught over Mike’s passing and missed his dialysis. Was it on purpose? Who knows. Don't speak like you have FACTS when all you have is hearsay.
and keep moving!

hifrommike

• Getbig III
« Reply #90 on: August 20, 2006, 06:16:21 PM »
The stupid rumors about Ray & Mike are just that, stupid.  Just the sort of junk one would expect to read on this board. 

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: August 20, 2006, 06:33:35 PM »
Mike Mentzer was a very sick man mentally, physically and spiritually.  He is alleged to have been lovers with his brother Ray, who committed suicide days after Mike's death.  The brothers were as creepy as they come.

Mafia members PM me for more on this.   :-[

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Mike Mentzer board!
« Reply #92 on: January 18, 2007, 05:33:48 PM »
In this thread we will discuss the moustasche of Mike Mentzer, questions like "did he always have a moustasche?" "did his moustasche change form during over the years?" and many others will be appropriate to post here.

Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Re: The moustache of Mike Mentzer
« Reply #93 on: January 18, 2007, 05:35:33 PM »
Very thick moustache of Mike, as thick as Super Mario:

Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #94 on: January 18, 2007, 05:37:39 PM »
However, here it's NOTICEABLY thinner

Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #95 on: January 18, 2007, 05:40:14 PM »
Fantastic photo of Mike, I don't think I've ever seen his moustache be this thick, and he also wears a pair of stylish glasses.

Z

TheAnimal

• Getbig IV
« Reply #96 on: January 18, 2007, 05:40:56 PM »
What is this thread?

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #97 on: January 18, 2007, 05:42:08 PM »
The shape and form of the moustache just looks different on this picture:

Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #98 on: January 18, 2007, 05:42:53 PM »
Has anyone seen a photo of Mike where he doesn't have a moustache  ???
Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #99 on: January 18, 2007, 05:44:32 PM »
Mike looks absolutely baddass in this photo. I love how the reflections in the glasses.
Z