Author Topic: Terminator Genisys  (Read 9689 times)

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
Re: Terminator Genisys
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2015, 12:51:31 PM »
i don't know why people hate 3 so much. i rated it as pretty decent when i first watched it. not the spectacular of 2, but that fire engine scene was pretty fucking good, plus that bird playing the terminator was fit as..

SALVATION wasn't exactlky terrible either.

i wager both the above are better than this latest effort. the lass playing sarah connor has all the acting chops of a wet lettuce leaf from what ive seen of her

I felt the 3rd film had a very "made for TV" feel about it despite it's budget. The casting of a female villain was never going to work and the film was riddled with poor attempts at humour. Arnie was just too old at this point to be convincing in the role as well.

The opening scene summed it up for me. In the first film, Arnie gets his clothes from some violent punks. In the less brutal but still alpha 2nd film, he gets his clothes from some violent hell's angels.
By the comical and silly 3rd film, Arnie gets his clothes from a camp male stripper during a female hen party - his outfit is even complete with Elton John sunglasses. :-\
They literally turned one of the most bad ass characters in film history into a joke. The 3rd. 4th and 5th films feel more like a mock parody of the first two.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2015, 12:55:51 PM »
I felt the 3rd film had a very "made for TV" feel about it despite it's budget. The casting of a female villain was never going to work and the film was riddled with poor attempts at humour. Arnie was just too old at this point to be convincing in the role as well.

The opening scene summed it up for me. In the first film, Arnie gets his clothes from some violent punks. In the less brutal but still alpha 2nd film, he gets his clothes from some violent hell's angels.
By the comical and silly 3rd film, Arnie gets his clothes from a camp male stripper during a female hen party - his outfit is even complete with Elton John sunglasses. :-\
They literally turned one of the most bad ass characters in film history into a joke. The 3rd. 4th and 5th films feel more like a mock parody of the first two.

i totally agree with you, ever fucking time i watch it, i feel like it was a watching a tv show not a "FILM" quality look to it

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2015, 01:15:13 PM »

i swear i can't even remember this. no wonder this film drws so much derision.

agree though that the 'humour' was a a let down. i really disliked the humour attempts in 2 as well.

T3 was a great action film, average terminator film. The thing is with t1 and T2 you can see what a genius cameron was, every sound used was spot on every scene and camera angle looked amazing, the only thing letting T1 down today is the dated stop motion animation and arnold puppet used in the mirror.

which doesn't bother me or take me out of the film at all when considering its age '84 and its budget of only 6.4 million.

christ, i never knew that 3s budget was 187.3 million. almost twice as much as 2 which was made for 100 million.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2015, 01:19:00 PM »
Part three have a few parts that make me cringe. Like when he says "I'm back" or the part where he puts on this little girl sunglasses, which I think they may have edited out. Arnold was in good shape for it though. I hope this one is good.

Imagine if they had the balls to just ignore that fucking worn-out shit altogether.

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2015, 01:23:28 PM »
Going to see it in an hour (will let you guys know what I think )

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2015, 01:35:00 PM »
yea we can ignore it because we grew up with it and are used to it, they couldn't put that out today because it would be laughed at. T2 was ground breaking with it's cgi and they didn't overuse it, the majority being practical means it's aged well.
I wonder what all these marvel films will look like in 20 years time, it's already like watching a cartoon.

i swear i can't even remember this. no wonder this film drws so much derision.

agree though that the 'humour' was a a let down. i really disliked the humour attempts in 2 as well.

which doesn't bother me or take me out of the film at all when considering its age '84 and its budget of only 6.4 million.

christ, i never knew that 3s budget was 187.3 million. almost twice as much as 2 which was made for 100 million.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2015, 01:36:02 PM »
Going to see it in an hour (will let you guys know what I think )

Looking forward to it.

Bosch

• Getbig III
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2015, 02:55:10 PM »
Real punks vs. glamour punks.

Real props vs. CGI.

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2015, 03:03:22 PM »

Real props vs. CGI.

shitty cgi always loses out to pratical effects.

so i guess that this is just a shot for shot remake of the previous films.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2015, 03:13:03 PM »
I liked it however I didn't think the actress who played Sarah Connor was old enough for the role. Reese wasn't believeable. He was making too many jokes. Loved the young Arnold... He looked so good. John Connor was my favourite in this movie.

Bosch

• Getbig III
« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2015, 03:22:02 PM »
so i guess that this is just a shot for shot remake of the previous films.

It's desecration of a classic. Still worth watching if you're a fan of T or the genre.

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2015, 04:17:41 PM »
If you liked T2, you will love this movie.

Seeing as the lazy ass writers for this film virtually copied and pasted all the cool elements from T2 -- often shot-for-shot -- with little original contribution, you may have a point. I for one found the shameless recycling of material borderline offensive.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2015, 05:22:16 PM »
Imagine if they had the balls to just ignore that fucking worn-out shit altogether.

It would probably just make for a better movie.  :-\

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2015, 05:23:34 PM »
It was pretty good.

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2015, 05:27:35 PM »
Ok just saw it....the actress playing Sarah Connor was all wrong (too young/too chubby) here is the thing tho.... Arnold isn't going to be with us forever (to
Me Arnold is "bodybuilding") so I would go see this movie regardless(yes it was cheesy/hokey and confusing with all the jumping to the future/the past etc) what it was however was a non stop carnival ride of a movie, a must see for bodybuilding and Terminator fans! Go see it

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2015, 05:35:49 PM »
Ok just saw it....the actress playing Sarah Connor was all wrong (too young/too chubby) here is the thing tho.... Arnold isn't going to be with us forever (to
Me Arnold is "bodybuilding") so I would go see this movie regardless(yes it was cheesy/hokey and confusing with all the jumping to the future/the past etc) what it was however was a non stop carnival ride of a movie, a must see for bodybuilding and Terminator fans! Go see it

I haven't seen the movie, so forgive me about speaking on this of its wrong,  but Sarah Conner didn't get in shape until T2. She was just a regular person in T1 so why does it matter if she was a bit chunky?

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: July 05, 2015, 05:40:10 PM »
I haven't seen the movie, so forgive me about speaking on this of its wrong,  but Sarah Conner didn't get in shape until T2. She was just a regular person in T1 so why does it matter if she was a bit chunky?
to me the leader of the free resistance should look the part (the girl looked like she was 14 yrs old/Kyle Reese looked to be in his late 20's (it was just "wrong") .... That's just me tho!

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #42 on: July 05, 2015, 05:47:51 PM »
This version of Sarah Connor had a babyface/fatface since it was Kelly C from Game of Thrones playing her :D

Emilia Clarke definitly isn't suited for that role.

How long time had she been training before Reese arrived?

HowDog

• Getbig II
« Reply #43 on: July 05, 2015, 05:53:33 PM »
Also the twist with john connor was pretty cool.  For some reason critics are shitting on the movie but this film was way better than fast furious 7.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: July 05, 2015, 06:30:03 PM »
This version of Sarah Connor had a babyface/fatface since it was Kelly C from Game of Thrones playing her :D

Emilia Clarke definitly isn't suited for that role.

How long time had she been training before Reese arrived?

Since she was 9.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #45 on: July 05, 2015, 06:31:15 PM »
And future Terminator movies will have Will Ferrell/Kevin James instead.

Got to get Kevin Hart in there for some "diversity" too.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2015, 07:00:07 PM »
It was pretty good.
Yup.  Hell of a lot better then 3 and 4.
A

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: July 05, 2015, 07:11:53 PM »
Yup.  Hell of a lot better then 3 and 4.
T1 and T2 are still the best ones.

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #48 on: July 05, 2015, 07:27:10 PM »
Yep, he's gonna join the likes of Dolph Lundgren and Steven Seagal. Pretty sad for a former governor.

Direct-to-DVD crap shot in Romania for a budget of 2 million $. Can't wait to see Arnold taking the lead in the next Uwe Boll movie.

Qft
 ;D

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #49 on: July 05, 2015, 07:37:20 PM »