Author Topic: My progress  (Read 17748 times)

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
Re: My progress
« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2006, 07:46:38 AM »
gib you are starting to scare me with your new found strength! :o
just push some weight!

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2006, 08:03:25 AM »
why don't you stay out of my threads? that doesn't even make sense as a sarcastic remark because i didn't even say anything about strength. go make fun of yourself somewhere saying you're gonna win the olympia naturally. i think you at first believed your own retardedness and then accepted the fact that you are a joke so went along with it. you're worse than little kids who need attention.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2006, 08:29:23 AM »
i like the idea. but i no longer believe i should bulk... my muscle doesn't grow fast enought to bulk. all the extra food makes me fat. plus i'm natural (unless halodrol was real roids... anyway i'm finished with that stuff, no more fake roids and i won't start real ones) i think i just need help with the cutting. the cardio thing doesn't work for me. just knocks off all my muscle at the same time with fat. last time i did it i went from 192 16.5% bodyfat to 173 unknown bodyfat but i still had no abs and my strength was way down and i also lost a lot of size. i was on 2400 calories with lifting 4x a week and 15 min cardio 4x a week. i'm gonna try 5 days a week lifting with semi restricted calories. i have short rest periods between my sets right now so i do get "cardio". by the way have you seen my WAY before picture?

Get serious with the nutrition.

Eat good whole foods. Lots of veggies. Brown rice. Tuna. Olive oil. Flax seed oil. Salmon. Oranges. Hazelnuts. Some protein powder. Beans.

Ditch the fast food completely.

Check the nutrition board for recommendations on a good postworkout drink, although you won't get a better recommendation than this: ;)

50 g dextrose
50 g maltodextrin (100 g of either these are pretty good too)
25 g protein powder
3-5 g creatine

with water

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2006, 09:27:31 AM »
Gibber lay off the lard and start training hard.

sincerely,
Alexxx
Future mr. Olympia
just push some weight!

Oliver Klaushof

• Getbig IV
« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2006, 07:35:58 PM »
Gibber, just look at that guy in the raw meat thread. Viking something...

The guy probably weighs less than you, but he looks far more massive and impressive because he is lean as hell.

You aren't really losing muscle. It's fat, don't fool yourself.

Just look at Arvilla. He never lost muscle, it was fat.

It's not about what you weigh, it's about how you look.

People are either impressed or not, they aren't going to ask you what you weigh and laugh about it.

I'm not dissing you though, you went from looking like an emaciated concentration camp boy to looking like an athletic person that needs to lose a few. That's quite an accomplishment, you just need to keep going.

Props on the calves and the biceps. You look noticeably more defined in your latest pics.
"Shut the F up and train"

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2006, 07:50:56 PM »
you saying people can't lose muscle? i would know if i'm losing muscle. i measure my bodyfat too.

Oliver Klaushof

• Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2006, 07:54:12 PM »
No I'm not saying that. As long as you continue to train and get the protein you need you will not lose muscle though. You will gain muscle. Always. Who cares about your body fat. Everyone can see that it's too high. Not so much that you look fat, but it's something you should focus on if you ever want to look defined.

Your biceps and calves are larger.

jonno gb

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #57 on: June 27, 2006, 03:25:15 AM »
No I'm not saying that. As long as you continue to train and get the protein you need you will not lose muscle though. You will gain muscle. Always. Who cares about your body fat. Everyone can see that it's too high. Not so much that you look fat, but it's something you should focus on if you ever want to look defined.

Your biceps and calves are larger.
Disagree there Oliver-I think that one of the hardest challenges facing natural bodybuilders is to get into contest shape without losing muscle.I have certainly lost some muscle along with the fat but have accepted this in a bid to become shredded.In theory,maybe,if you have enough protein you should not lose muscle but in practice it does not happen like that.However,you will look more impressive in better condition although you will look smaller in clothes.

Also I don't think that Mike Arvilla is a great example to use as,with all due respect,he's not a natural and can take various drugs to prevent catabolism.

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #58 on: June 27, 2006, 04:53:53 AM »
For those of you who haven't seen it this was me at 19 years old. If i stop working out for 6 months i lose 25 pounds. i have the worst genetics possible. and that pic was after i went from 108 to 137 and the back down to 120 when i stopped working out. YES that's right when i was 15 i was 5'9" and 108 pounds! I think if i stop working out for 2 or 3 years i'll go down to 135. Anyway whenever i do any cardio i drop tons of weight of every kind. any suggestions? some people are telling me to get definition back and then start trying to build again. others tell me to keep going for size. maybe i should take a poll.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #59 on: June 27, 2006, 07:04:59 AM »
For those of you who haven't seen it this was me at 19 years old. If i stop working out for 6 months i lose 25 pounds. i have the worst genetics possible. and that pic was after i went from 108 to 137 and the back down to 120 when i stopped working out. YES that's right when i was 15 i was 5'9" and 108 pounds! I think if i stop working out for 2 or 3 years i'll go down to 135. Anyway whenever i do any cardio i drop tons of weight of every kind. any suggestions? some people are telling me to get definition back and then start trying to build again. others tell me to keep going for size. maybe i should take a poll.

Thas no excuse for being a wuss!
just push some weight!

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #60 on: June 27, 2006, 07:08:42 AM »
what part of anything i said has anything to do with being a wuss? knowing that i shouldn't do cardio? if you wanna say wuss say it to all the walking dead and fatties running on a machine like a hampster.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #61 on: June 27, 2006, 07:10:23 AM »
what part of anything i said has anything to do with being a wuss? knowing that i shouldn't do cardio? if you wanna say wuss say it to all the walking dead and fatties running on a machine like a hampster.

No sir you are the biggest pussy on getbig history!
just push some weight!

Oliver Klaushof

• Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: June 27, 2006, 04:17:37 PM »
Disagree there Oliver-I think that one of the hardest challenges facing natural bodybuilders is to get into contest shape without losing muscle.I have certainly lost some muscle along with the fat but have accepted this in a bid to become shredded.In theory,maybe,if you have enough protein you should not lose muscle but in practice it does not happen like that.However,you will look more impressive in better condition although you will look smaller in clothes.

Also I don't think that Mike Arvilla is a great example to use as,with all due respect,he's not a natural and can take various drugs to prevent catabolism.

I've stopped working out for months and not lost anything.

Oliver Klaushof

• Getbig IV
« Reply #63 on: June 27, 2006, 04:22:08 PM »

Whatever you are doing you just need to keep doing it. You are losing fat. Your latest pics look better than the pics before that. You have a little fat around the obliques, but like I said, whatever you are doing is working. It will go away if you continue. You can make out the serratus muscles a little.

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
« Reply #64 on: June 27, 2006, 06:45:57 PM »
For those of you who haven't seen it this was me at 19 years old. If i stop working out for 6 months i lose 25 pounds. i have the worst genetics possible. and that pic was after i went from 108 to 137 and the back down to 120 when i stopped working out.
Analyze it further. When you stopped working out, I bet you changed the way you ate too. Remember your metabolism was up and then you quit, but the metabilism was still going. Now if you at less, of course you would lose weight.
YES that's right when i was 15 i was 5'9" and 108 pounds! I think if i stop working out for 2 or 3 years i'll go down to 135. Anyway whenever i do any cardio i drop tons of weight of every kind. any suggestions? some people are telling me to get definition back and then start trying to build again. others tell me to keep going for size. maybe i should take a poll.
If you are serious then get an underwater BF%, find out how much lean mass you have compared to BF. Workout for 3 months with the intention of losing BF and get tested again and compare the results.

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
« Reply #65 on: June 27, 2006, 07:08:24 PM »
I'm 180, 13.5% fat 5'11" and i tend to lose muscle quickly when i cut calories or stop training. How much do you guys think I should eat?

Oh, a more important question. If gaining lean muscle was the best way and always possible why do people bulk? If anyone had a choice they would gain muscle without fat.

Look, decide what you want to do. If I were you i would go on a nice clean diet, low fat, high protein, moderate carbs, and stick to it for, well ever!  Natural bodybuioding is something you invest in the future in- it takes time to really get the results you want- but the key is your diet and protein intake. Judging from your body you have to be careful from fast foods, and in general high calories...Its all in the diet man, all in the diet..

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #66 on: June 27, 2006, 07:32:45 PM »
SOOOO what do you guys want me to do? lose fat? or keep trying to grow?

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #67 on: June 27, 2006, 07:37:52 PM »

Its your body you decide! If I where you I would start doing cardio every morning for an hour on an empty stomach and then latter during the day hit the weights hard! That way you will get the best of both worlds!
just push some weight!

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #68 on: June 27, 2006, 07:49:40 PM »
i'm not going to answer anything you say any more. you clearly don't know how to read.

Oliver Klaushof

• Getbig IV
« Reply #69 on: June 27, 2006, 08:49:06 PM »

You're doing fine. We can see you are making progress. You've done both - cut fat and put on muscle. Growing fat isn't the kind of growth you want. I wouldn't change anything you're doing now. Just don't get paranoid and start thinking you're losing muscle.

It looks like you have good genetics for calves and biceps...i see alot of potential there. Or perhaps it's not genetics. Strictly hard work maybe.

Deltoids and traps look weak relative to the rest of you. Do some heavy rowing until your traps really burn. Isolate your deltoids. Just give your body a full week to rest after doing heavy compound movements like bent over barbell rows.

by the latest pics.

Strong points - Calves, quads, biceps, abs

Weak points - Chest, traps, shoulders, fat around obliques.

jonno gb

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #70 on: June 28, 2006, 03:16:18 AM »
Remember the more muscle that you carry the more fat you burn.Like Heracles suggests keep your diet reasonably clean with plenty of protein,complex carbs and some healthy fats and you will achieve your goals.If you want to do a little cardio then do but I would not go over the top with it.Your improvements are admirable just keep it up.

yangmian

• Getbig II
« Reply #71 on: June 28, 2006, 06:37:25 PM »
This is strange. I'm eating 2700 calories with high protein. not doing cardio, just lifting... due to my super metabolism my waist is still going down. Just dipped under 33 but i'm losing muscle. Better to save the muscle. I'm gonna start bulking up again today but watch the gut. As far as cutting down... i'm gonna bulk for about 6 months and try it again... don't know what to do... every time i try i lose muscle. the cardio didn't work, circuit training didn't work, just plain lifting didn't work.... i'm losing muscle. better just go back to eating 3300 calories and start growing again despite the abs. My abs are starting to show again but i dont wanna have my arms get down to 14 so i can see my abs. can someone help? the decision's been made though. i'm gonna start bulking. Goal is chest 44 and arms 16. currently chest is 41.5 and arms 14.75. I lost a half inch in both... what the hell man!
its not muscle ur losing its fat u have fat on ur arms and chest to u know.anyway just maintain as much strengh on ur exercises reduce ur calories and forget about glutamine it wont help u.and get lean u will look much better even if ur arms do go down to 14 good luck

Lugar

• Getbig IV
« Reply #72 on: June 29, 2006, 07:44:32 AM »
Gib - now I see after reading this post why you said what you did....you are a youngn who really doesnt understand nutition or training, keep reading bro...you'll grasp it!

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #73 on: June 29, 2006, 07:47:35 AM »
Reading what? the magazines? Dude if you're 6'2" 170 and talking about taking any sort of drugs or testosterone you're the one who doesn't know. You don't NEED drugs to build muscle. If you choose to take drugs (which I won't but it's a personal decision) you should have some good size on you already. If NOT you're just a guy who relies on steroids to put on a little bit of muscle.

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #74 on: June 30, 2006, 06:30:45 AM »
I didn't wanna put the pictures cause of the acne but what the hell, who cares. It had actually mostly gone away with this neutragena bodywash but i stopped using it for about 3 weeks. I took these pictures 3 days ago when i came back from the gym.