Author Topic: Harley Breite - Appreciation thread  (Read 591792 times)

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
Re: Harley Breite - Appreciation thread
« Reply #2200 on: November 03, 2015, 03:30:10 PM »
Hey Guys,
  I appreciate all your kind words over losing my Dad.
  I know I am a bit strange in that I have always lived with my parents, my whole life and continue to live with my Mom.
  Yes, before Chaos goes nuts, I am neither gay or unable to afford my own place. 
  I just chose to spend as much time with my parents as I could, always fearing their eventual passing. 
  Whatever "costs" there were to pay, I have absolutely no regrets and wouldn't change that for anything else in the world.
  I hope you are all comforted by the memories of those special relationships as, in the end, that is the only true currency
we have.
Harley

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2201 on: November 03, 2015, 04:08:11 PM »
Nothing is wrong with you for doing that, Harley.

Not only that, but our culture is one of the very few where some may consider it is unusual.  That's the thing about it.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2202 on: November 03, 2015, 07:14:08 PM »
Hey Guys,
  I appreciate all your kind words over losing my Dad.
  I know I am a bit strange in that I have always lived with my parents, my whole life and continue to live with my Mom.
  Yes, before Chaos goes nuts, I am neither gay or unable to afford my own place. 
  I just chose to spend as much time with my parents as I could, always fearing their eventual passing. 
  Whatever "costs" there were to pay, I have absolutely no regrets and wouldn't change that for anything else in the world.
  I hope you are all comforted by the memories of those special relationships as, in the end, that is the only true currency
we have.
Harley
Good for you. If I didn't get married twice and have 2 daughters I would probably have done the same. As a matter of fact my mother in law lives with us because she has been sickly the last 5 years or so.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2203 on: November 04, 2015, 08:47:57 AM »
1964 Plymouth Savoy Dragster

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2204 on: November 04, 2015, 08:49:20 AM »
1963 Plymouth Savoy Wagon

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2205 on: November 04, 2015, 08:51:06 AM »
1962 Plymouth Savoy Wagon

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2206 on: November 04, 2015, 09:21:55 AM »
1965 Ford Econoline Pickup

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2207 on: November 05, 2015, 11:58:51 AM »
If I Owned A Gym:
  1)  There would be no use of the word "bro."
  2)  It would be illegal to walk out of your way just to shake another guy's hand in order to let him know that you are in the gym.
  3)  There would be no visibly pregnant women.
  4)  There would be no oversized rubber 45 pound plates made just to give the impression that the 165 lb. kid using it is stronger than
he actually is.
  5)  There would be a rotation of rock n roll music as opposed to the same banal cacophony plumbed through the infinitely undersized
speakers.
   That is just for starters.
Harley

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #2208 on: November 05, 2015, 12:06:19 PM »
If I Owned A Gym:
  2)  It would be illegal to walk out of your way just to shake another guy's hand in order to let him know that you are in the gym.
  4)  There would be no oversized rubber 45 pound plates made just to give the impression that the 165 lb. kid using it is stronger than
he actually is.
  5)  There would be a rotation of rock n roll music as opposed to the same banal cacophony plumbed through the infinitely undersized
speakers.
Harley
hey preggos with big milky tits are hot  >:(

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2209 on: November 05, 2015, 12:11:13 PM »
Dear Kim Jong Bob,
   Apparently, you and I can go out to a bar together anytime as our tastes are completely different.
   Variety is the spice of life.
Harley

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #2210 on: November 05, 2015, 12:30:06 PM »
Dear Kim Jong Bob,
   Apparently, you and I can go out to a bar together anytime as our tastes are completely different.
Harley

I always hated going to a club or a bar and having to play rock / paper / scissors to see who got the first shot at said female.

Fortunately, it wasn't often I had to do so, but there were some occasions.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #2211 on: November 05, 2015, 12:33:53 PM »
Dear Kim Jong Bob,
Harley
great answer and Honest.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2212 on: November 05, 2015, 04:17:51 PM »
Hey Guys,
  Is it just me waxing nostalgia or do you too miss getting totally consumed in shows like Baretta and Starsky & Hutch?
  No, there was not much great acting, but it all felt so real as opposed to today's shows which are founded in technology
and always have women completely miscast as bad-ass cops and bosses who talk tough and are feared by others.
  Starsky & Hutch seemed to me, when I was a kid, like a couple of kool guys who had a kool job, a kool car and got lucky
with hot chicks.  They were good friends, could rely upon one another and seemed like someone you could actually become.
  Perhaps I am just getting old but I miss those 2 shows for those reasons.
Harley

OlympiaGym

• Getbig IV
  • they/them/their
« Reply #2213 on: November 05, 2015, 04:24:24 PM »
Hey Guys,
  Is it just me waxing nostalgia or do you too miss getting totally consumed in shows like Baretta and Starsky & Hutch?
  No, there was not much great acting, but it all felt so real as opposed to today's shows which are founded in technology
and always have women completely miscast as bad-ass cops and bosses who talk tough and are feared by others.
  Starsky & Hutch seemed to me, when I was a kid, like a couple of kool guys who had a kool job, a kool car and got lucky
with hot chicks.  They were good friends, could rely upon one another and seemed like someone you could actually become.
Harley

You don't have a family, do you?

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2214 on: November 05, 2015, 04:27:59 PM »
Hey Guys,
with hot chicks.  They were good friends, could rely upon one another and seemed like someone you could actually become.
Harley

Do you have any thoughts on Robert Blake's situation with now-deceased Bonnie Bakley, Harley?

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #2215 on: November 05, 2015, 06:49:09 PM »
If I Owned A Gym:
he actually is.
speakers.
Harley

No curls on the squat rack
Expelled if you leave dumbells on the other side of the gym for lunges or don't put them back in the right place.
No TVs
No talking/txting on cell phones on the gym floor.
No shadow boxing on the gym floor

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2216 on: November 05, 2015, 06:50:43 PM »
You don't have a family, do you?

Dear OlympiaGym,
  Just to be clear, I have wonderful family and friends but sometimes I think about the past and
if things are so much better today.
  It was a non-significant point meant for those of us around 48 years of age.
  But thanks for your concern.
Harley

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2217 on: November 05, 2015, 06:52:30 PM »
Hey Pellius,
  It's good to hear from you again.  I was afraid you became bored with the thread. Perhaps we should discuss Kant.
  Oh, texting and even holding a phone while on the gym floor earns a life time ban.
  Also. there is no doing laps around the gym just to show people that you might Cross Train.
Harley

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #2218 on: November 05, 2015, 06:57:46 PM »
I wouldn't allow cellphones past the front counter. You go to the gym to pump weights not dabble on Facebook.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2219 on: November 05, 2015, 08:04:43 PM »
I would ban any Mini-Van or SUV with a soccer ball sticker on it.

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #2220 on: November 05, 2015, 10:29:43 PM »
I would ban any Mini-Van or SUV with a soccer ball sticker on it.
:D

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #2221 on: November 06, 2015, 01:13:52 AM »
Hey Pellius,
  It's good to hear from you again.  I was afraid you became bored with the thread. Perhaps we should discuss Kant.
  Oh, texting and even holding a phone while on the gym floor earns a life time ban.
  Also. there is no doing laps around the gym just to show people that you might Cross Train.
Harley

Though I don't post everyday, I do check this thread everyday. It's become my favorite. I have some questions on the back burner because they might stimulate a lengthy debate but I'm just waiting until things let up for you a bit with everyone picking your brain.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #2222 on: November 06, 2015, 01:27:42 AM »
Dear OlympiaGym,
  Just to be clear, I have wonderful family and friends but sometimes I think about the past and
if things are so much better today.
  It was a non-significant point meant for those of us around 48 years of age.
  But thanks for your concern.
Harley

I was a huge fan of Baretta. I thought at the time he was totally yoked and could kick some major ass.

It sucks getting old but I am glad I grew up in the generation that I did. Sure I got smacked by the yard stick by the nuns and got it again at home when the principle (know as the Penguin because she perpetually wore a neck brace and walked so stiffly) notified my parents. But kids behaved themselves. It wasn't until the fourth grade until I first saw someone, Charlie Kamalani, give someone the middle finger. The audible gasps of both students and a passing nun was telling.

He was never seen or heard from again.

And you knew who you were then
Girls were girls and men were men
Mister, we could use a man like Herbert Hoover again

Didn't need no Welfare state
Everybody pulled his weight
Gee our old LaSalle Ran great

THOSE WERE THE DAYS!

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #2223 on: November 06, 2015, 01:40:56 AM »
Hey Pellius,
Harley

I tried having a go at "The Critique of Pure Reason" in my twenties but it was beyond my intellectual capacity. They say that Kant was so set in his habits that you could set your clock to his daily walks. Although I don't think he was born into privilege he did strike me as a typical aristocrat and scholar far removed from real day to day life of most people. Probably the type that always pulls guard and never goes for the take down.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2224 on: November 06, 2015, 04:41:56 AM »
Hey Guys,
Harley
Two of my favorite shows of all time. Don't forget the Mod Squad, Peggy Lipton was delicious.