Author Topic: Harley Breite - Appreciation thread  (Read 594233 times)

guyincognito

• Getbig III
  • LESLIE, SHUT YOUR FUCKING PIE HOLE!
Re: Harley Breite - Appreciation thread
« Reply #2625 on: December 30, 2015, 04:17:24 PM »
sorry for your loss, harley. sounds like he was an awesome guy.

us people who live in the fast lane live dangerously.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #2626 on: December 30, 2015, 04:50:25 PM »
My deepest heartfelt sympathy at the passing of your friend Harley.

Please reach out if you need anything.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2627 on: December 31, 2015, 08:45:10 AM »
I'm sorry, Harley.  It's always sad when stuff like that happens.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2628 on: January 01, 2016, 03:13:00 AM »
Hey Guys,
  I just want to sincerely wish all of you nothing but the very best of everything for 2016.
  Life is incredibly difficult but I wish you all find many moments of joy, relief, success and laughter because,
after all, isn't that all we are left with?
  Here is wishing wonderful relationships and memories for everyone.
Harley

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #2629 on: January 01, 2016, 04:00:45 AM »
All the Best Harley :)

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2630 on: January 01, 2016, 09:22:00 AM »
Hey Guys,
  I have to admit, coming from someone who is quite the bit a loner, this involvement with GetBig is like having a family
on the side but with much less crap to have to deal with.
  Advantages of a GetBig family:
  1)  No ridiculous social obligations to attend
  2)  Never have to dress up for anything (although I have seen what some of these guys do in their spare time and I care not to comment)
  3)  No worthless relative asking for money
  4)  No stupid competition over SAT, MCAT, LSAT, GRE scores
  5)  No having to stop what you are doing in order to accommodate some stupid chore
  All in all, not to bad of an extended family.
Harley

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #2631 on: January 01, 2016, 09:28:05 AM »
Hey Guys,
  I have to admit, coming from someone who is quite the bit a loner, this involvement with GetBig is like having a family
  2)  Never have to dress up for anything (although I have seen what some of these guys do in their spare time and I care not to comment)
  5)  No having to stop what you are doing in order to accommodate some stupid chore
Harley

Glad to have you here, Harley.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2632 on: January 01, 2016, 09:49:42 AM »
Dear Shizzo,
  I am just thrilled to be here.
  The questions have been a bit light lately so I've just been coming on to see if anything is really new.
  I hope that I can be of some help to more members this year whether it's with some legal advice or
anything I might have a clue about in the world of bodybuilding.
Harley

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #2633 on: January 01, 2016, 10:18:02 AM »
Hey Guys,
Harley

Sorry for your loss, Harley!
X

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #2634 on: January 01, 2016, 10:47:37 AM »
Dear Shizzo,
  I am just thrilled to be here.
  The questions have been a bit light lately so I've just been coming on to see if anything is really new.
  I hope that I can be of some help to more members this year whether it's with some legal advice or
anything I might have a clue about in the world of bodybuilding.
Harley

Getbig is often about random things.

To be cliche. We put the fun in dysfunction.

Happy New Year to you, Harley.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2635 on: January 01, 2016, 11:05:09 AM »
 You guys are great fun and much more intelligent than most of the meat heads in the gym.
 I marvel at your computer skills.  I promise to get better at posting pictures.  I have many more
that I can't seem to figure out.
 Perhaps after my trip to Switzerland, I will have one or two that you guys will appreciate.

SaintAnger

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2636 on: January 01, 2016, 11:17:09 AM »
Hartley,

Have you heard about Evan Centopani slapping that Asian kid in the chops at the gym?  Kid filed a criminal complaint.  Evan issued a BS non denial denial.  Whats your legal opinion mane?

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
« Reply #2637 on: January 01, 2016, 11:23:06 AM »
Sorry about your friend Harley

"

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2638 on: January 01, 2016, 11:26:41 AM »
Dear NelsonMuntz,
  Thanks.  Regardless of how a person passes, when it's unexpected, there is quite a bit to digest.
  And yes, as someone so insightfully pointed out, it is good that no one else was ever hurt by my friend's
reckless driving.  I am sure no one here ever drove drunk at 17 years old, took their hoopdy up to a stupid speed, etc.
Well, I did all that.
Harley

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2639 on: January 01, 2016, 11:30:03 AM »
Hartley,

Have you heard about Evan Centopani slapping that Asian kid in the chops at the gym?  Kid filed a criminal complaint.  Evan issued a BS non denial denial.  Whats your legal opinion mane?

Dear SaintAnger,
  I didn't bother reading the thread about the alleged event.
  I am not sure if the fact that the kid is "Asian" is even relevant.
  What is relevant is that, if a complaint was actually charged, that means there is Probable Cause to believe it actually occurred.  That standard, Probable
Cause, should be met with a great deal of skepticism as it is even lower than it is meant to be when police hear stories and need to make a decision as they
too are cowards and err on the side of signing off on ridiculously false accusations.
  Having said that, I would never have permitted my client to issue any type of statement whatsoever.  I think Evan made money competing once at the Arnold.
Why not use some of that money towards a lawyer and not make stupid mistakes?
Harley

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2640 on: January 01, 2016, 11:34:14 AM »
My Friend Is Gone:
Dear Friends,
   It is with the utmost sadness that I relay to you the passing of my dear friend, Mike Mrkulic.  Mike died in a car accident very early this morning on the N.J. Turnpike.
   Mike was a very successful stock broker who left Wall Street to create his own Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Academy.  While studying Gracie Jiu-Jitsu, Mike displayed a tremendous determination to constantly improve and reach his full potential.  His tenacity was always on display when he competed as his list of accomplishments, below, incredibly demonstrates.
   But more important than all his medals and all his successful students, is the influence he had over others.  His positive outlook on life was refreshingly intoxicating.  He refused to accept negativity and made a point of laughing and smiling so that you would have to enjoy your moments with him.  Mike wanted you to remember that life was not a struggle, but rather, an opportunity to experience joy and friendship.  His emotion was wonderfully contagious.
   Mike was the very first person who told me that I could become a World Champion in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and insisted on training me and taking me to Brasil.  Well, it took several times but eventually Mike was there both times I was awarded First Place and he was there smiling and standing on the podium next to me for the photos and medal ceremony. 
   Mike was aware that my brother had passed a very long time ago and yet, he insisted on calling me "Brother" despite already having 2 of his own.  I think he knew what that meant to me and that was his way of always making me feel better.
   Quite some time ago, Mike asked my help in securing a very fast Lexus for him through my friend who owned the dealership housing this car.  I helped Mike in terms of vouching for his character but asked him not to continue to drive so fast.  It wasn't just because he was raising both his daughters by himself, but because I didn't want to lose a friend to a pattern of recklessly fast driving which terrified me.  He promised me he would slow down.  But he didn't.
   I represented Mike shortly thereafter in a courtroom where the Judge actually asked Mike, after seeing the plea agreement I arranged from the Prosecutor, "What is your relationship with your attorney because you certainly could not have paid him enough money for this deal?"  As we walked out the courtroom, Mike was infectiously laughing during my entire admonishment against continuing to drive so fast.
   Some time last winter, Mike came by to see my new Ferrari and proudly told me that he was expecting the arrival of yet another very fast car, an Audi R8.  I told him that I wasn't happy to hear this news as I was concerned he would not temper his driving habits.  He promised me he would be more careful.
   About two months ago, Mike picked me up in the Audi so that I could again represent him in Bay Ridge, N.Y. for driving 92 miles per hour in a 55 mile per hour zone.  Just as I had the Prosecutor willing to dismiss the entire matter, the Judge screamed "Are you crazy?  Look at this speed" and then set the matter down for June, 2016.  Mike seemed stunned even as I tried to explain to him that driving at such speeds is dangerous.  He laughed the entire way out of the courtroom and then bought me 2 belts from some street dweller and then laughed the whole way home.  I did tell Mike that come June of next year, his father would have to drive us to court as I was too scared to be a passenger while he drives.  He smiled proudly, laughed and said he would acquiesce to my, what he perceived as, ridiculous demand.
   This past November, I was honored to watch Mike be awarded his Third Degree as a Black Belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu from one of our professors, Vitor Terra who came from Brasil to compete and teach at Mike's academy. 
   I learned of Mike's passing today and selfishly wondered which car had he been driving during the accident.  Shamefully, I was somewhat relieved to learn it was the Audi and not the Lexus for which he needed my assistance to purchase.  I then found myself alone in my own car, pulled over in violation of some parking rule, crying to the thought of Mike not laughing any more; not smiling until you yourself had to break out smiling; not reminding me of some crazy moment he and I shared in Brasil just to remind me that life sometimes calls for bizarre or even excessive moments of joyful frivolity.
   That is how Mike lived, excessively.  He was an excessive friend,  He was an excessive teacher.  He was an excessive producer of warmth and laughter.  Mike knew how to display his appreciation for your friendship.  I wish I had told him more often just how much I appreciated him and just what he meant to me. 
   And now, like so many after thoughts, I wish I had spent more time being rained upon by Mike's jovial nature, his insistence on just simply being a joy to be around.  His sunshine is sorely missed.
Deeply,
Harley
Mike's Achievements
1999 Champion-NAGA-North American Grappling Championships GI Flyweightt
 1999 Champion-NAGA-North American Grappling Championships NO-GI Flywt
 1999 Champion-Royler Gracie Championships Lightweight GI
 2000 Champion-NAGA Matt Madness Lightweight GI
 2000 Champion-GQ NYC Grappling Challege NO-GI Lightweight
 2000 Champion-Grapplers Quest Kimono Kombat Lightweight
 2000 Champion-Royler Gracie Championships "Superfight"
 2000 Champion-NAGA-NAGC Flyweight GI
 2000 Champion-NAGA-North American Grappling Championships Flywt NO-GI
 2001 Champion-Royler Gracie Championships "Superfight"
 2001 Champion-US Jiu Jitsu Open Lightweight NO-GI
 2001 Champion-US Jiu Jitsu Open Lightweight GI
 2002 Champion-NAGA-NJ State Championships Flyweight
 2002 Champion-Arnold Classic Gracie World Lightweight Submission
 2002 Champion-Copa Atlantica Lightweight Purple Belt
 2002 Champion-US Jiu Jitsu Open No-GI Lightweight
 2002 Champion-Grapplers Quest World Submission Flyweight
 2002 Champion-NAGA-North Amer Grappling Champ Brown/Black Belt Litewt GI
 2002 Champion-NAGA-North American Grappling Champships-Master Ltwt NO-GI
 2002 Champion-NAGA-North American Grappling Champships Adult Flywt NO-GI
 2003 Champion-Grapplers Quest World Submission Flyweight
 2003 Champion-NAGA-North American Grappling Champships-Adult Flywt NO-GI
 2003 Champion-Las Vegas Grappling & Jiu Jitsu Flyweight
 2003 Most Technical Fighter-Award Las Vegas Grappling & Jiu Jitsu Championships
 2003 Bronze Medalist-Pan American Jiu-Jitsu Championships-SuperFeatherWt
 2003 6th place-Abu Dhabi World Submission Wrestling Championships (66kg)
 2003 4th place-World Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Championships
 2004 Silver Medalist-Abu Dhabi CC Submission Grappling Open, Florida
 2005 Bronze Medalist-World Brazilian JiuJitsu Championship Featherweight Division - Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
 2005 Awarded Black Belt-Gracie Humaita Academy; Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
 2008 Awarded1st Degree Promotion on Blackbelt
 2015 Awarded 3rd Degree Promotion on Blackbetl
Sorry for your loss Harley.   Hope you have a great 2016.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2641 on: January 01, 2016, 11:35:56 AM »
Hey RonnieRep,
  Great to hear from you!!!  I, of course, included you in my wishes for a great 2016.
  I am still worried about not hearing from Pellius.  I know he is a serious person with many other important
matters in his life but I hope he is just ignoring us for a short time and that all is well with him.
Harley

SaintAnger

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2642 on: January 01, 2016, 11:38:10 AM »
Dear SaintAnger,
  I didn't bother reading the thread about the alleged event.
  I am not sure if the fact that the kid is "Asian" is even relevant.
  What is relevant is that, if a complaint was actually charged, that means there is Probable Cause to believe it actually occurred.  That standard, Probable
Cause, should be met with a great deal of skepticism as it is even lower than it is meant to be when police hear stories and need to make a decision as they
too are cowards and err on the side of signing off on ridiculously false accusations.
  Having said that, I would never have permitted my client to issue any type of statement whatsoever.  I think Evan made money competing once at the Arnold.
Why not use some of that money towards a lawyer and not make stupid mistakes?
Harley

Dear Hartley,

Some are saying this may be classifying this as a "hate crime" because the victim is a minority and is homo.

Do you think the kid will have any civil recourse for recovery?

Do you think the DA will pursue it?

What do you think will happen to Centopeed's new Animal contract?

Why wouldn't you have allowed him to make a statement?  He's been sodomized all over social media -- BIG TIME!

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2643 on: January 01, 2016, 11:55:52 AM »
Dear Hartley,

Some are saying this may be classifying this as a "hate crime" because the victim is a minority and is homo.

Do you think the kid will have any civil recourse for recovery?

Do you think the DA will pursue it?

What do you think will happen to Centopeed's new Animal contract?

Why wouldn't you have allowed him to make a statement?  He's been sodomized all over social media -- BIG TIME!

Dear SaintAnger,
  1)  My name is Harley, thanks
  2)  Without reading the complaint, I am at a disadvantage but, unless Evan directed his actions because the "victim" was a minority, there is no
basis for a Hate Crime.  Otherwise, any transgression against a Black, Hispanic, gay, etc, would have to be a "Hate Crime" and that is just not the case.
  3)  As to civil recourse, that is only possible if there are actual "injuries."  Assuming it's not a Hate Crime, the "victim" needs to prove injury in some form
before he can ask for compensation.
  4)  I think if Evan hires a competent Criminal Defense Attorney, he is fine.  I would push the case to trial as long as Evan didn't come to court in stretch pants
and a tank top.
  5)  His contract is whatever it reads.  I am "sure" he had a lawyer review it before he signed on.  Please note my skepticism.
  6)  Here is literally a life saving bit of advice worth a million dollars that no one ever appreciates or follows:  NEVER, I repeat, NEVER speak to police about anything!!
That's it!!!  No exceptions.  No, "but I thought I could help myself...They told me they would..."  NEVER.
  7)  Social media may be the blood running through many peoples' veins but it is not necessarily admissible in a court of law, where I would be winning Evan's case so I don't
care much about what anyone has written about him.  I would have it precluded from admission to a trial.
Harley

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2644 on: January 01, 2016, 05:08:51 PM »
Happy New Year, Guys.   :)

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #2645 on: January 01, 2016, 05:41:08 PM »
Havant read back so forgive me Harley, but did you lose the body fat?

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #2646 on: January 02, 2016, 01:12:09 AM »
Hey Guys,
  I am concerned in that I have not heard from Pellius in quite some time.
  Selfishly, I hope this thread has not bored him to departure but more importantly, I hope all is well with him.
  I miss his intellectual prodding.  
Harley

This by far the most flattering post I've ever read in my over one decade presence on this board. My occasional absence is usually met with indifference if not relief.

Christmas is a huge deal in my family. I come from a family of nine and when you add in the cousins, aunts, uncles, nieces and nephews, as well as family friends it's quite an event. And it's not just a one day event. My uncle has a house that he built himself back in the 1960s with a nice chuck of land and the kids literally camp out in various tents that they bring themselves. And because everyone brings their dogs (as they are considered family as well) there's a good size pack always on constant patrol during the night.

New Years is also insanely a big thing in Hawaii. Despite the fireworks restrictions, this island, except for the rich areas, becomes like a war zone. Literally you can't see more than a few feet as the smoke is so thick. I avoid driving because of the poor visibility.

I use to love fireworks until I had to start buying them myself (at around 12 years old) and then I never understood the appeal and don't care for them at all. The people and neighborhoods least likely to afford them burn the most. Hundreds and dollars  up in smoke.

Loud, dangerous, smoke everywhere, just not a fan. Today you get the reports of all the houses that caught on fire, all the injuries, the car accidents, all the property damage... At least no one fires guns in the air like they do when I was in Cali.

But Christmas was great. At one point I was just sitting there telling my brother how we are starting to move up to the top of generation scale. We see, and remember, when we were the kids now singing Christmas Carols, opening presents playing, then the teens trying to seem indifferent and cool, the young parents just beginning their new phase in life, the grand parents, the newly recognized patriarchs and matriarchs to replace the ones that have past in recent years with my father passing a year ago.

Soon it will be us and soon we'll be gone as others take our place.

Such is life.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #2647 on: January 02, 2016, 01:21:31 AM »
My Friend Is Gone:
Dear Friends,
   It is with the utmost sadness that I relay to you the passing of my dear friend, Mike Mrkulic.  Mike died in a car accident very early this morning on the N.J. Turnpike.
   Mike was a very successful stock broker who left Wall Street to create his own Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Academy.  While studying Gracie Jiu-Jitsu, Mike displayed a tremendous determination to constantly improve and reach his full potential.  His tenacity was always on display when he competed as his list of accomplishments, below, incredibly demonstrates.
   But more important than all his medals and all his successful students, is the influence he had over others.  His positive outlook on life was refreshingly intoxicating.  He refused to accept negativity and made a point of laughing and smiling so that you would have to enjoy your moments with him.  Mike wanted you to remember that life was not a struggle, but rather, an opportunity to experience joy and friendship.  His emotion was wonderfully contagious.
   Mike was the very first person who told me that I could become a World Champion in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and insisted on training me and taking me to Brasil.  Well, it took several times but eventually Mike was there both times I was awarded First Place and he was there smiling and standing on the podium next to me for the photos and medal ceremony. 
   Mike was aware that my brother had passed a very long time ago and yet, he insisted on calling me "Brother" despite already having 2 of his own.  I think he knew what that meant to me and that was his way of always making me feel better.
   Quite some time ago, Mike asked my help in securing a very fast Lexus for him through my friend who owned the dealership housing this car.  I helped Mike in terms of vouching for his character but asked him not to continue to drive so fast.  It wasn't just because he was raising both his daughters by himself, but because I didn't want to lose a friend to a pattern of recklessly fast driving which terrified me.  He promised me he would slow down.  But he didn't.
   I represented Mike shortly thereafter in a courtroom where the Judge actually asked Mike, after seeing the plea agreement I arranged from the Prosecutor, "What is your relationship with your attorney because you certainly could not have paid him enough money for this deal?"  As we walked out the courtroom, Mike was infectiously laughing during my entire admonishment against continuing to drive so fast.
   Some time last winter, Mike came by to see my new Ferrari and proudly told me that he was expecting the arrival of yet another very fast car, an Audi R8.  I told him that I wasn't happy to hear this news as I was concerned he would not temper his driving habits.  He promised me he would be more careful.
   About two months ago, Mike picked me up in the Audi so that I could again represent him in Bay Ridge, N.Y. for driving 92 miles per hour in a 55 mile per hour zone.  Just as I had the Prosecutor willing to dismiss the entire matter, the Judge screamed "Are you crazy?  Look at this speed" and then set the matter down for June, 2016.  Mike seemed stunned even as I tried to explain to him that driving at such speeds is dangerous.  He laughed the entire way out of the courtroom and then bought me 2 belts from some street dweller and then laughed the whole way home.  I did tell Mike that come June of next year, his father would have to drive us to court as I was too scared to be a passenger while he drives.  He smiled proudly, laughed and said he would acquiesce to my, what he perceived as, ridiculous demand.
   This past November, I was honored to watch Mike be awarded his Third Degree as a Black Belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu from one of our professors, Vitor Terra who came from Brasil to compete and teach at Mike's academy. 
   I learned of Mike's passing today and selfishly wondered which car had he been driving during the accident.  Shamefully, I was somewhat relieved to learn it was the Audi and not the Lexus for which he needed my assistance to purchase.  I then found myself alone in my own car, pulled over in violation of some parking rule, crying to the thought of Mike not laughing any more; not smiling until you yourself had to break out smiling; not reminding me of some crazy moment he and I shared in Brasil just to remind me that life sometimes calls for bizarre or even excessive moments of joyful frivolity.
   That is how Mike lived, excessively.  He was an excessive friend,  He was an excessive teacher.  He was an excessive producer of warmth and laughter.  Mike knew how to display his appreciation for your friendship.  I wish I had told him more often just how much I appreciated him and just what he meant to me. 
   And now, like so many after thoughts, I wish I had spent more time being rained upon by Mike's jovial nature, his insistence on just simply being a joy to be around.  His sunshine is sorely missed.
Deeply,
Harley
Mike's Achievements
1999 Champion-NAGA-North American Grappling Championships GI Flyweightt
 1999 Champion-NAGA-North American Grappling Championships NO-GI Flywt
 1999 Champion-Royler Gracie Championships Lightweight GI
 2000 Champion-NAGA Matt Madness Lightweight GI
 2000 Champion-GQ NYC Grappling Challege NO-GI Lightweight
 2000 Champion-Grapplers Quest Kimono Kombat Lightweight
 2000 Champion-Royler Gracie Championships "Superfight"
 2000 Champion-NAGA-NAGC Flyweight GI
 2000 Champion-NAGA-North American Grappling Championships Flywt NO-GI
 2001 Champion-Royler Gracie Championships "Superfight"
 2001 Champion-US Jiu Jitsu Open Lightweight NO-GI
 2001 Champion-US Jiu Jitsu Open Lightweight GI
 2002 Champion-NAGA-NJ State Championships Flyweight
 2002 Champion-Arnold Classic Gracie World Lightweight Submission
 2002 Champion-Copa Atlantica Lightweight Purple Belt
 2002 Champion-US Jiu Jitsu Open No-GI Lightweight
 2002 Champion-Grapplers Quest World Submission Flyweight
 2002 Champion-NAGA-North Amer Grappling Champ Brown/Black Belt Litewt GI
 2002 Champion-NAGA-North American Grappling Champships-Master Ltwt NO-GI
 2002 Champion-NAGA-North American Grappling Champships Adult Flywt NO-GI
 2003 Champion-Grapplers Quest World Submission Flyweight
 2003 Champion-NAGA-North American Grappling Champships-Adult Flywt NO-GI
 2003 Champion-Las Vegas Grappling & Jiu Jitsu Flyweight
 2003 Most Technical Fighter-Award Las Vegas Grappling & Jiu Jitsu Championships
 2003 Bronze Medalist-Pan American Jiu-Jitsu Championships-SuperFeatherWt
 2003 6th place-Abu Dhabi World Submission Wrestling Championships (66kg)
 2003 4th place-World Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Championships
 2004 Silver Medalist-Abu Dhabi CC Submission Grappling Open, Florida
 2005 Bronze Medalist-World Brazilian JiuJitsu Championship Featherweight Division - Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
 2005 Awarded Black Belt-Gracie Humaita Academy; Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
 2008 Awarded1st Degree Promotion on Blackbelt
 2015 Awarded 3rd Degree Promotion on Blackbetl

Very sorry to hear about your friend. Very inspiring about deciding to leave his Wall Street job and devote his life to Jiu-Jitsu. It's hard for one to grasp, unless you have done it, how fulfilling Jiu-Jitsu is. I was already 31 years old when I started but if I had begun in my teens or twenties I would have made it my life pursuit if I failed as a MMA fighter.

If you are able, what were the circumstances of the car accident?

Worse time of the year for this to happen and my heart goes out to his family.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #2648 on: January 02, 2016, 01:38:06 AM »
Hey Guys,
Harley

True. But sometimes a test of our character is not how we interact with the people we choose to be in our lives by how we interact with people that are "forced" into our lives like relatives. Most, actually all, of my non-American relatives comes from the Philippines and South East Asia (Laos, Vietnam). We are so different in so many ways. When I see them I see how I would be if my mom didn't get a job as a Stewardess with Philippine Airlines and met my father who was in the military at the time.

For one thing, I'd be way shorter. At nearly 6'2" I'm considered a veritable giant in my family.

One thing that has changed my outlook is having indepth conversations with those that actually lived and experience first hand the Vietnam war and their views of American involvement. This inspired me to do a lot of historic research. Most of my, and others, view of the war came from the media. It's a very different perspective when you are actually there seeing your relatives getting killed and even having a few bullets wounds of your own.   

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #2649 on: January 02, 2016, 01:53:57 AM »
So Harley, what is your view of the whole concept of "Hate" crimes?