Author Topic: Middle-Aged men and Harley Davidsons  (Read 17796 times)

The Ugly

• Getbig V
Re: Middle-Aged men and Harley Davidsons
« Reply #100 on: October 27, 2015, 12:57:05 PM »
You bowed down and willingly allowed yourself to be called an elf, your opinion means less than nothing.

Tough to undo.

Impossible, really.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #101 on: October 27, 2015, 01:40:25 PM »
How many motorcycle "clubs" started because of the tV show Sons of Anarchy? I've seen a few in my area. They do assorted rides for charity but think they're some kind of motorcycle gang not unlike the movie Wild Hogs. Real motorcycle gangs are not to be fucked with. But these Wild Hog types are an embarrassment.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #102 on: October 27, 2015, 11:17:23 PM »
a 2 year officer here in Austin makes $69,851 plus soft pay that brings it to around 74K not including overtime

a 14 yr Sgt makes $101, 663 base pay

OK, so your point being? I was talking about a police officer in Hawaii.
Austin obviously pays above average in the US which was 56 grand in 2013. You implied that cops routinely make six figures. That is simply not true.

The BLS reports the median annual salary for patrol officers was $56,130 in 2013. The best-paid 10 percent in the field made $90,700, while the bottom 10 percent made $32,670. State governments pay police officers the highest in the country, offering an average salary of $63,100 in 2013.

Patrol Officer: Salary - US News & World Report

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: October 27, 2015, 11:29:40 PM »
In LAPD, you make 60K upon completion of the academy and $64K when you complete probation. 

Yes, I see they raise it THIS YEAR. But, again, still a long way from making over a 100 grand a year. But I have no doubt this will eventually happen. Not that they have to because there is no shortage of men wanting to become cops. But since it's tax payers money it's not coming out of any bureaucrat's pockets. It's always easy, and fun, to spend other people's money.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: October 27, 2015, 11:33:12 PM »
You bowed down and willingly allowed yourself to be called an elf, your opinion means less than nothing.

My opinion means a lot to you.

Still clinging to the gh15 memories.

God, you are such a shitty mod. You really are. The absolute worse this board has every had. Absolutely no class at all. I don't always agree with the other mods but at least they conduct themselves as such. You are just an utter disgrace.

jdooly

• Getbig III
« Reply #105 on: October 29, 2015, 10:05:54 AM »
Harleys are cruisers, not sport bikes.
PS: Hook a fellow getbigger up with a new hi torque starter!
true!

jdooly

• Getbig III
« Reply #106 on: October 29, 2015, 10:10:52 AM »
Ok then you can explain better than me how reliability has improved over the years.
   The evo motor was not bad by any means, but since the Twin Cam, major enjoy development has progressed into quieter, smoother, more horsepower motors.  The technology is still outdated IF you compare it to the Japanese, often racing inspired engineering.  However, HD is the flagship manufacture for "if its not broke, dont fix it" mentality.  They don't need to reinvent the wheel, they've created a legacy, like it or not.   :)