Author Topic: watch review  (Read 17087 times)

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
Re: watch review
« Reply #125 on: December 05, 2015, 06:58:13 PM »
people talk of vehicles being depreciating assets.  impossible. the definition of asset is something that increases in value, or adds to your net worth.   

i bought one new vehicle in my life, and did that thru a business and managed to lose very little overall, but still hated the losing part

Well... an asset can appreciate or depreciate. My house could go up or down in price, same as a barrel or oil could.

Most vehicles depreciate but... classic car prices have risen something crazy like 4000% in the past decade (Ferrari 250GTO is example) and other, in demand, cars like the Veyron, McLaren P1, or when it came out, the Bentley Continental, rise in value BEFORE they go on sale.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #126 on: December 05, 2015, 07:00:59 PM »
people talk of vehicles being depreciating assets.  impossible. the definition of asset is something that increases in value, or adds to your net worth.   

i bought one new vehicle in my life, and did that thru a business and managed to lose very little overall, but still hated the losing part

I hang onto my vehicles forever. Currently, I'm driving a 2004 Mazda 6 V-6 wagon. It runs great. It has a little over 140,000 miles on it. My mechanic wants me to sell it to him. Yesterday, I looked at a 2016 VW Golf GT 4 door. It looked hot! I was tempted, really tempted. Unfortunately, if memory serves me right, the excitement of having a new car wears off as fast as it gets a little dirty and needs to go to the car wash. $36,000 is a lot of coin to pay for a few weeks of joy. On the other hand, it could be the last car I ever buy considering how long I keep them.

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #127 on: December 05, 2015, 07:14:04 PM »
Well... an asset can appreciate or depreciate. My house could go up or down in price, same as a barrel or oil could.

Most vehicles depreciate but... classic car prices have risen something crazy like 4000% in the past decade (Ferrari 250GTO is example) and other, in demand, cars like the Veyron, McLaren P1, or when it came out, the Bentley Continental, rise in value BEFORE they go on sale.

ya,  some people consider an asset anything that can be converted to cash.  some financial gurus refer to it as something that brings you a return. 

like a home that is mortgaged is an asset, but not your asset.  it is an asset to the bank that loans you the money, because they are getting back more money than they put out.

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #128 on: December 05, 2015, 07:20:23 PM »
ya,  some people consider an asset anything that can be converted to cash.  some financial gurus refer to it as something that brings you a return. 

like a home that is mortgaged is an asset, but not your asset.  it is an asset to the bank that loans you the money, because they are getting back more money than they put out.

I hope (falsely) people stop viewing homes as an investment here after what happened in 08/09... residential went down 50-60% (commercial 80%) unless you own a few properties or more unencumbered.

If your house went up in value 50% but everyone else's did you can't win unless you sell and move to another country or owned a few houses and settle on one. Like a poker game where everyone's chips rise. Ugh. Sorry i am tired and i see the same mess happening here again. Better go bed.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #129 on: December 05, 2015, 08:39:02 PM »
I do, and they don't keep great time.  also, if they sit for 3 days they stop so you have to reset them. 

That's the life of an automatic watch.  A quality wolf winder will keep it going indefinitely.  Anyways. PM me what you're looking to get for the gold one.

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #130 on: December 06, 2015, 05:22:50 AM »
^^
IF you get one, this is the BEST color combo...

All black wasn't available at the time and I didn't want something that drew attention. The Sub was a great deal (jeweler was a close friend and Godparent of one of my brats) and has essentially doubled in value, despite a senile mother throwing away its box and papers, LOL!

I enjoyed the Daylight more but the Sub was better for daily wear. Also, I had more tied up in the Daylight and essentially broke even when letting it go.

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #131 on: December 20, 2015, 03:14:10 PM »
My kind of thread. Major watch aficionado here!

Currently rockin the AP as my timepiece of choice.

Did you purposely crop the pic extra small to hide the shitty AR on the crystal, lack of sunken bezel screws, and how closely the date is hugging the tach?

Its a very nice watch for 200$.

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #132 on: December 21, 2015, 04:36:23 AM »

Did you purposely crop the pic extra small to hide the shitty AR on the crystal, lack of sunken bezel screws, and how closely the date is hugging the tach?

Its a very nice watch for 200$.

I'd respond a lot more thorough but I'm on a boat in Belize. Perhaps you could take it upon yourself to do some due diligence post up pics of what you think the real one looks like. Maybe after I'm back I will show you what AP paperwork looks like.

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #133 on: December 21, 2015, 01:25:09 PM »
Haven't worn a watch in years, they detract from my arms. ;D
T