Author Topic: Why do people work 16 hours a day and prioritize money over happiness.  (Read 13745 times)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
Re: Why do people work 16 hours a day and prioritize money over happiness.
« Reply #125 on: March 17, 2016, 05:47:24 AM »
During these sixteen hour days, how much actual high-quality work is being done. I've usually doubted anything is coming out good after the tenth hour.

You may doubt it, but it's untrue.

In my industry, it's not uncommon for creatives, etc to log long hours, with the best work not manifesting often until late.
Y

Tha Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #126 on: March 17, 2016, 06:07:38 AM »
During these sixteen hour days, how much actual high-quality work is being done. I've usually doubted anything is coming out good after the tenth hour.

I have a retail shop. I've done 8 hours in the shop and 8 hours delivering afterwoods to customers who can't make it in for whatever reason. Not saying every day. But I easily would do 12 hours doing that most days and doing orders and other shit inbetween or after.

Sitting in an office though i'd agree with you more.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #127 on: March 17, 2016, 06:46:01 AM »
You may doubt it, but it's untrue.

In my industry, it's not uncommon for creatives, etc to log long hours, with the best work not manifesting often until late.

In software, productivity goes way down on death marches. For resource planning, I rarely budget for more than 4 legit productive hours out of a developer's day on average. And I am rarely disappointed.

BBSSchlemiel

• Getbig IV
« Reply #128 on: March 18, 2016, 03:52:29 AM »
Well I'd guess that making sure the odds of survival are as good as possible - is "working" for anyone. Unless suicidal. There can be an in between (like your outlook), but who wouldn't increase their survival ods if given a chance, however you look. Happiness is a higly misunderstood concept, very skewed and many people are running in circles just because of that (many indulge in alco/narco, just because they can't seem to find that "nirvana", "permanent happiness", which simply does not exist). I dont ceased to care about how happy I am quite some time ago, because I know that feeling "happy" is a natural outcome when you have all your ducks in a row in life, pretty much it. I feel at ease most of the time, chill, not much worries, my survival is not threatened too much, thus I'm pretty "happy" (not depressed is good enough).

Happiness or not, you're the same guy who, judging by your posts here and elsewhere, is constantly seeking avoidance of inconvenience and his own enjoyment, pleasure, and satisfaction and in doing so constantly scoffs at other men who are "all dead by 50" and miserable. If happiness is not so important perhaps you shouldn't speak for all the supposedly miserable people on this earth, which seems by you, any middle class guy who chose to raise a family, work a J-O-B, and couldn't manage to have sex with a new eighteen to 25 year old woman every week, or didn't have the ability in the first place.

You and your philosophical shenanigans.

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #129 on: March 19, 2016, 04:55:56 AM »
fuck that.....keep the happiness and give me the money and let me worry about everything else... :) :)