Author Topic: Who here resists growing up for the sake of having fun  (Read 10897 times)

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
Re: Who here resists growing up for the sake of having fun
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2016, 01:10:10 AM »
Being single is sometimes attractive, but frankly it's also nice being in a stable relationship. IF... you find someone who is also open to living life. It's really odd that our culture for some reason equates 'monogamous relationship' with 'need to give up any and all fun'. Why? Just find someone who you can be crazy with together. Not easy, granted. Mistakes will be made. But mistakes would have been made anyway, just learn and move on.

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
Re: Who here resists growing up for the same of having fun
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2016, 03:38:35 AM »
Haha, nothing funnier then guys in their 30's resisting "growing up" you are already old as shit, time to rot.

Noones resisting it, I'm aware I'm old and it's cool, but I don't have any vision of having a partner, far less having kids. I don't have any cravings for settling in and having a family of my own. If I don't have that feeling, then I guess I'm still young, huh? Or what? I'm supposed to feel certain way now?

Not trying to act cool or tough, I just don't feel like "adult" in your terms.

Being single is sometimes attractive, but frankly it's also nice being in a stable relationship. IF... you find someone who is also open to living life. It's really odd that our culture for some reason equates 'monogamous relationship' with 'need to give up any and all fun'. Why? Just find someone who you can be crazy with together. Not easy, granted. Mistakes will be made. But mistakes would have been made anyway, just learn and move on.

See, now you're talking about a unicorn that barely exists. You're also encouraging to do the same fuck ups with a new partner. "just find someone who you can be crazy with". Wow really? Never thought about that before, you must be some sort of genius, are you publishing a book about this new found wisdom :D?

Not having a great job and not being able to travel around the world doesn't help much in finding the special crazy open to living woman neither, lol

Some people take pride in living the "safe" lifestyle. i think women more often than men think like this as they age. Men by nature want to explore, learn, and seek adventure. I think most men are pussy whipped by their wives and to afraid to divorce them for the kids sake so they live a mediocre lifestyle and are ok with it because it brings a innate sense of accomplishment to be a father and raise a child. Sometimes that is better than living the fast life to some people. I'll pick the fast life though.

that's exactly how my 36 year old friend lives now. And he got his kid 2 years ago, how pathetic. I asked him how does it feel to live with that wife, and only being able to fuck that wife without having to feel guilty as shit for the rest of your life? He had no answer to that, but he says the kid is his salvation.

The thing is, it's not about living safe, it's about not having the need in your heart to settle in with one person and be with her forever and ever. And now days people don't whanna argue at all or wrestle, it's like as soon as problems commence in the relationship it's on hold or it ends. That's how my relationships have ended anyway, too many pety arguments or no sex or both.

You guys seriously think that we don't want to grow up and we don't want to take chances in relationships? We don't feel like settling in, it needs to come from your heart.

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2016, 03:55:01 AM »
Sounds like you fellas think you are living the life style, but you actually aren't.

If you have turned 30 and still haven't got it out of your system, then you are fucked.

Enjoy being the creepy old guy at the party.
P

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2016, 04:04:58 AM »

Yes, it's the Peter Pan syndrome. Do you have a cure?

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2016, 04:12:56 AM »
Lol at thinking you can't have kids and still enjoy doing the things you used to.  Plus, you will also enjoy doing stuff with them.  But to each his own.

I remember years ago I got asked to play in a softball tourney, and some of the guys were 10 years older than me.  One guy had a bunch of us over for beers - the guys talked about their kids, but also doing stuff, buying stuff, still fucking women, etc....the person doesn't need to completely change just because they make money and have a family.
Y

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2016, 04:16:27 AM »
Sounds like you fellas think you are living the life style, but you actually aren't.

If you have turned 30 and still haven't got it out of your system, then you are fucked.

I definitely am not living the lifestyle.... but I just I don't have any biological need in my brain to settle down and produce a family. If my brain doesn't create that need, well then that's how it is. Oh and suck my dick.

Lol at thinking you can't have kids and still enjoy doing the things you used to.  Plus, you will also enjoy doing stuff with them.  But to each his own.

I remember years ago I got asked to play in a softball tourney, and some of the guys were 10 years older than me.  One guy had a bunch of us over for beers - the guys talked about their kids, but also doing stuff, buying stuff, still fucking women, etc....the person doesn't need to completely change just because they make money and have a family.

so you need to have kids and an ex wife to be able to have sex with women in your 30's ??

what am I missing, I just can't see it that way

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2016, 04:20:25 AM »

so you need to have kids and an ex wife to be able to have sex with women in your 30's ??

what am I missing, I just can't see it that way

Who said that?  I was pointing out that misconception that all fun stops and you do a 180 degree change when you have a family.

Either way, you're probably the worst person here to try to comprehend this.  You admittedly got tired of what you described as "your dream girl" after a few months.  You should stop trying to figure this shit out, and just roll with the fact that it's not for you.
Y

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2016, 04:25:39 AM »
Who said that?  I was pointing out that misconception that all fun stops and you do a 180 degree change when you have a family.

Either way, you're probably the worst person here to try to comprehend this.  You admittedly got tired of what you described as "your dream girl" after a few months.  You should stop trying to figure this shit out, and just roll with the fact that it's not for you.

yeah it's not for me, definitely. But I do understand what you say, and I get your point of view.

It's just that some people here think that people like me RESIST growing up, but noones resisting. Family is not for everyone, not everyone wants it. Noone here tries to be young forever because it's impossible, but again noone is trying to resist growing up neither. Some people like the idea of a family, some don't.

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2016, 04:35:07 AM »

You seem to be very self conscious (probably feel "old" and inappropriate to be at the party). Keep in mind that far from everyone feels that way. And most people are fucked regardless, it's enough to look around.

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2016, 04:41:46 AM »
Lol at thinking you can't have kids and still enjoy doing the things you used to.  Plus, you will also enjoy doing stuff with them.  But to each his own.

I remember years ago I got asked to play in a softball tourney, and some of the guys were 10 years older than me.  One guy had a bunch of us over for beers - the guys talked about their kids, but also doing stuff, buying stuff, still fucking women, etc....the person doesn't need to completely change just because they make money and have a family.

Let's begin from the fact that having kids is enormously egoistical thing to do, keeping in mind that far from everyone has good enough genes to transfer (why I see so many bald, fat, ugly, dysfigured people on daily basis? And no,I'm not living in some kind of ugly ppl camp.) and far from everyone has had a success in life that is remarkable so they could teach their kids how to achieve that. If not - they will be slaving their life away frustrated just like their parents. Oh... I forgot that many people want a "company" to not feel like they are completely fucked over by this life. Yeah.. very pure motivations. We are self centered, egoistical animals and nothing more than that.
 Most decisions people take is out of fear, not out of courage, later on they try to rationalize that it's still "good", when in fact the antidepressants and booze sales are booming. Something doesn't add up. yet these usualy are the first ones who try to preach "what is life about", lol.. The more I think, the more I find this life experiment to be ridiculously funny and ironic.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2016, 04:46:22 AM »
yeah it's not for me, definitely. But I do understand what you say, and I agree with you in a sense that I get your point of view.

It's just that some people here think that people like me RESIST growing up, but noones resisting, but family is not for everyone, not everyone wants it. Noone here tries to be young forever because it's impossible, but again noone is trying to resist growing up neither. Some people like the idea of a family, some don't.

Exactly.  

For some reason people in a certain situation need to convince themselves that the other situation sucks so they can feel better about themselves - it's like having to hate the XBox to feel better about your playstation.
Y

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2016, 04:50:33 AM »
Let's begin from the fact that having kids is enormously egoistical thing to do, keeping in mind that far from everyone has good enough genes to transfer (why I see so many bald, fat, ugly, dysfigured people on daily basis? And no,I'm not living in some kind of ugly ppl camp.) and far from everyone has had a success in life that is remarkable so they could teach their kids how to achieve that. If not - they will be slaving their life away frustrated just like their parents. Oh... I forgot that many people want a "company" to not feel like they are completely fucked over by this life. Yeah.. very pure motivations. We are self centered, egoistical animals and nothing more than that.
 Most decisions people take is out of fear, not out of courage, later on they try to rationalize that it's still "good", when in fact the antidepressants and booze sales are booming. Something doesn't add up. yet these usualy are the first ones who try to preach "what is life about", lol.. The more I think, the more I find this life experiment to be ridiculously funny and ironic.

I like your posts, but one day you will think yourself into a coma.
Y

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2016, 04:55:39 AM »
I like your posts, but one day you will think yourself into a coma.

I just can't help... and trust me I don't enjoy that pretty often (thinking/pondering too much).

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2016, 04:59:11 AM »
Exactly.  

For some reason people in a certain situation need to convince themselves that the other situation sucks so they can feel better about themselves - it's like having to hate the XBox to feel better about your playstation.

We all want to see living other like we do, it feels reassuring. Tho' once I've realized that, I ceased to feel like that, now I'm trying to be as judgmentless as possible in a daily life (except while on GB) and just concentrate on my vision, that surprisingly feels even so much more reassuring. Many people experience many different realities, sometimes so different that it's mind blowing.

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2016, 05:06:11 AM »
Exactly.  

totally agree

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2016, 05:08:13 AM »
I just can't help... and trust me I don't enjoy that pretty often (thinking/pondering too much).

I can relate - my brain fires on all cylinders constantly.

Once, at a bachelor party in Vegas, during a small down time, a friend gave me half a Klonopin pill which he said would help chill before the next phase of bachelor party stuff happened.

Within 10 seconds, I just stopped thinking, and just kind of existed.....it was really, really surreal.  I wondered if that's how "normal" people feel all the time?

Either way, I'm not a fan of meds like that, so I've never done it again.  But it was a cool experience.
Y

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2016, 05:25:12 AM »
See, now you're talking about a unicorn that barely exists. You're also encouraging to do the same fuck ups with a new partner. "just find someone who you can be crazy with". Wow really? Never thought about that before, you must be some sort of genius, are you publishing a book about this new found wisdom :D?
Since finding said 'unicorn' took me all of three weeks on an online dating site, this leads me to believe it's not that hard when you are simply honest about what you want from life. But mileage may vary.

Not having a great job and not being able to travel around the world doesn't help much in finding the special crazy open to living woman neither, lol
Meh, I was making slightly above median income at the time. Trawl universities for those on government assistance: they are smart, ambitious, yet usually low maintenance. If you can't be a sugar daddy, be a Splenda daddy. ;D

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2016, 05:25:59 AM »
You can have fun and "grow up" at the same time. It doesn't need to conflict unless you allow it to.

10pints

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2016, 05:26:08 AM »
I have contemplated this issue a lot recently. I'm 37 and my wife is keen to have kids. I can easily pass on it all, I'm enjoying my freedom. My brother is 18 months older than me and has 3 young kids. He always looks knackered, and he has aged a lot more than I have.

That said, the only rational argument I can come up with for having kids is: that my wife will have someone to look out for her when I'm dead (all this fast living means I'll likely go early).

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2016, 05:40:32 AM »
I can relate - my brain fires on all cylinders constantly.

Once, at a bachelor party in Vegas, during a small down time, a friend gave me half a Klonopin pill which he said would help chill before the next phase of bachelor party stuff happened.

Within 10 seconds, I just stopped thinking, and just kind of existed.....it was really, really surreal.  I wondered if that's how "normal" people feel all the time?

Either way, I'm not a fan of meds like that, so I've never done it again.  But it was a cool experience.

I'll do an acid trip some day, somewhere in a nature with a few good friends, they say it's somewhat similar. Not a fan of getting high at all, tbh almost never've been high in my life, but turning off the mind for at least an hour would be an interesting experience.

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2016, 05:43:35 AM »

Meh, I was making slightly above median income at the time. Trawl universities for those on government assistance: they are smart, ambitious, yet usually low maintenance. If you can't be a sugar daddy, be a Splenda daddy. ;D

This is actually a good advice for these seeking worthwile female to spend time with. The best thing - you instantly know they are smart and all that's left is to choose the best looking ones (and hope that it goes well). If I'd split with my current gf now and would like to search for a srs gf again, I'd certainly attend some kinf of university parties, gatherings, events, etc... very easy to chat them up and get it going. A fresh 22-24 yo going for a degree with good butt, tits and perky skin, that's as good as it can get.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2016, 05:56:28 AM »
I'll do an acid trip some day, somewhere in a nature with a few good friends, they say it's somewhat similar. Not a fan of getting high at all, tbh almost never've been high in my life, but turning off the mind for at least an hour would be an interesting experience.

Having done both mushrooms and acid, I would suggest the mushrooms.   You will feel totally fine after, and it's been a thoroughly enjoyable experience for me every time.

But it's a 5-6 hour ride, not an hour.
Y

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2016, 06:02:46 AM »
Having done both mushrooms and acid, I would suggest the mushrooms.   You will feel totally fine after, and it's been a thoroughly enjoyable experience for me every time.

But it's a 5-6 hour ride, not an hour.

Will take into account. One needs to get some good quality shrums tho', I guess they are not all equal, in type and effect.

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2016, 06:02:59 AM »
Since finding said 'unicorn' took me all of three weeks on an online dating site, this leads me to believe it's not that hard when you are simply honest about what you want from life. But mileage may vary.

Maybe I should go to online dating again, it's been years since I did that.

So you are now with the woman of your dreams eh ;D ? No seriously, if that's the case, good for you bro!

You can have fun and "grow up" at the same time. It doesn't need to conflict unless you allow it to.

Is "growing up" a code for "have kids" ? Because no way can you grow up and be a man without kids, huh

This is actually a good advice for these seeking worthwile female to spend time with. The best thing - you instantly know they are smart and all that's left is to choose the best looking ones (and hope that it goes well). If I'd split with my current gf now and would like to search for a srs gf again, I'd certainly attend some kinf of university parties, gatherings, events, etc... very easy to chat them up and get it going. A fresh 22-24 yo going for a degree with good butt, tits and perky skin, that's as good as it can get.

I'm almost 30? Why would I go to college party events? What would I tell these hot young women? That I have manual job? That I used to look better, but now my scoliosis and damaged knees won't allow me to train the way I want to and have to train however I can to sustain a skinny manlet look? Yeah it would go splendid, hot pussy for days!

I need some amphetamine and testosterone to get that sustainable and steady motivation plus happiness to start doing something productive, like learning languages, learning something you know would make you more appealing to the opposite sex (the hot ones), lol

I mean you people have no clue how some of us have it. It's impossible for some of us. This "growing up" is a miss match between words and meaning. It's great that your life turned out the way it did, but some of us are experiencing a slow motherfucking death already.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2016, 06:04:30 AM »
Will take into account. One needs to get some good quality shrums tho', I guess they are not all equal, in type and effect.

Consult with BigRo - not kidding.  He will give you the scoop.

I am not knowledgeable here, I just trusted friends and it was all good.
Y