Author Topic: A black James Bond , would it bother you?  (Read 12176 times)

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
Re: A black James Bond , would it bother you?
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2016, 06:32:13 AM »
Let's be real: No one would accept James Bonds' attitude from a black character. People would perceive it as too arrogant. They'd have to dumb things down so people would feel comfortable by writing the character more humble, obedient, make some of the outcomes appear lucky, and throw in humor for scenarios where he was mentally superior.

You mean the majority of the people on earth wouldn't.

I'm sure the Hebrews would like it. They'd probably say similar things such as "We Agents Now!" "We Spies Now!" "We President Now!" after that movie would be released in the theaters, whilst celebrating , jibber jabbering and tootin' and a hollerin' in the front row with Grape Dranks squirting all over (hebreic version of Champagne) and buckets of KFC and Watermelon tossed all over the theater, making it impossible for normal movie-goers to appreciate the movie.

Rascal full

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2016, 06:35:51 AM »
That's not how bond was written, I hate how things have to be altered just to please certain groups. If they want a black lead in a spy movie just make a new character.
I think idris Elba would suit that kind of role, he'd probably make a good bond but he doesn't fit the profile.
Same with Blade for example he is black and that's how it should stay, there's no need to mess with existing characters just to avoid upsetting people.

X3

What they gonna do after that, do a remake of Braveheart with a black actor playing William Wallace?

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2016, 06:39:25 AM »
X3

What they gonna do after that, do a remake of Braveheart with a black actor playing William Wallace?

Why not a Black Christopher Columbus and Black Amerigo Vespucci discovering The Americas, with all the NorthAmerican Indians being black and the South American indians being White? :D

Followed by Kim Jong Un playing Marthin Luther King, "I have a Dream! To Destroy SouthKorea!"

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2016, 06:41:29 AM »
You mean the racist people wouldn't.

Everybody would have already seen Idris Elba doing that type of thing in other movies..

He was fairly imperious in The Wire for a long time.

There's a huge difference between being racist and having certain expectations and preconceived notions based upon race or nationality.

In the same vein, I don't believe a James Bond movie works if the character is recruited from America.

I do believe people would accept a non-traditional lead in an 006 movie where someone is trying to make 007 status and earn the James/Jane Bond title. People love Scarlet Johansen (sp?) so much in The Avengers that it might work and we all know damn well an ass that perfect could be used as a weapon against any straight man. :)

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2016, 06:43:23 AM »
I do believe people would accept a non-traditional lead in an 006 movie where someone is trying to make 007 status and earn the James/Jane Bond title. People love Scarlet Johansen (sp?) so much in The Avengers that it might work and we all know damn well an ass that perfect could be used as a weapon against any straight man. :)

Would Goodrum be immune though? :D

With that said, i'd love to see a Remake of Starsky and Hutch and / or Miami Vice with Melvin Goodrum and Tbombz in the lead roles.

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2016, 06:45:16 AM »
Dan Stevens would be my choice, already has the upper class bit nailed, if this movie ever makes it on Brit free tv prime time like hiddlestons latest show, people will be going mad for him to be bond.doing American accent here

well i never took your posts seriously. da fuck kind of logic is that? that's the dumbest fucking bond candidate i've ever heard, i'd rather have some toothless crack smoking street nigg*r play bond than that fucking guy! get the hell out of here!

For the record: I do not oppose a black Bond. As you say, it's fiction. Would I worry about it becoming Rush Hour VII? Yes. Idris Elba? Good choice. Chris Tucker? Hell no.

like i said i doubt it would become a comedy or a cliche "funny black man antique slogans" movie. idris elba would be cool for it, exactly who i thought. i also thought about few others but they are americans, perhaps we need someone who's english so never mind.

if the film director doesn't have white guilt or any robost sense of how "black james bond should be" the movie would rock with black james bond so much that it would raise a lot of hate in the liberal media, i can even see the liberal white guilt media say somthing like "how dare they put idris elba do that kind of stuff, that's racist!", even tho he loved it and enjoyed the movie mking experience, but the white guilt media always wants to have their black victim pets. so the movie could be genius with a black bond, it could rlly stir the pot the right way

see, the media has a view on how black people should play their roles. dave chappelle has talked about it a lot. but what if the black james bond won't be some liberal's pet victim, but someone who would shock the entire world and make all the liberals see how racist THEY r. because i see a lot of good potential here

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2016, 06:47:19 AM »
TBF, William Wallace and Nelson Mandela are real historical figures, while Bond is a fictional character.

It still would be silly though. Just like it be equally silly if a white man was in line to play Blade or Shaft.
If Bond can be black, than why can't he be gay as well? Or maybe make him a cross dressing, bi-racial woman?

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2016, 06:49:18 AM »
You mean the majority of the people on earth wouldn't.

I'm sure the Hebrews would like it. They'd probably say similar things such as "We Agents Now!" "We Spies Now!" "We President Now!" after that movie would be released in the theaters, whilst celebrating , jibber jabbering and tootin' and a hollerin' in the front row with Grape Dranks squirting all over (hebreic version of Champagne) and buckets of KFC and Watermelon tossed all over the theater, making it impossible for normal movie-goers to appreciate the movie.

LMFAO. Made my morning.

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2016, 06:50:24 AM »
TBF, William Wallace and Nelson Mandela are real historical figures, while Bond is a fictional character.

It still would be silly though. Just like it be equally silly if a white man was in line to play Blade or Shaft.
If Bond can be black, than why can't he be gay as well? Or maybe make him a cross dressing, bi-racial woman?

blade or shaft, LOL, how old is that comparison? i remember this topic in 2003 bb.com, some argument.

there's been no shaft or blade movies in seven hundred years

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2016, 06:54:17 AM »
blade or shaft, LOL, how old is that comparison? i remember this topic in 2003 bb.com, some argument.

there's been no shaft or blade movies in seven hundred years

Well, both films could be re-made given Hollywood's current obsession with re-makes.
And if they are re-made, I would hope that black actors are in the title roles.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2016, 06:54:52 AM »
All of those women that Bond raped would actually be considered raped.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2016, 07:00:10 AM »
I believe a black man can be accepted for acting white, but a white man can never be accepted for acting black.

How else does Denzel Washington make so many white films?  Who the fuck watches that shit?

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2016, 07:02:53 AM »
A black as James Bond is almost as bad as a White Man acting nignog and rapping etc

Backwards cap, saggy pants and all

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2016, 07:05:27 AM »
Well, both films could be re-made given Hollywood's current obsession with re-makes.
And if they are re-made, I would hope that black actors are in the title roles.

why does it make any bit of difference? they are just some damn movies. even u are protecting the way black and white actors should be perceived, it's like ur defiant of ur programming. u know u have no real effect on the course of history or the future? ur just a guy who comments in the internet. outside ur work and ur gym, u ain't nothing but a regular dude who's worth shit. or what part did u play in saudi arabias military excercise "north thunder" that was held near syrias border? because looking at wider scale it means fuck all is the actor white or black. hell, i whanna see black terminators in the next terminator movie speaking ghetto shit, LOL

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2016, 07:07:27 AM »
Just so everyone knows beforehand, i played a huge part in Saudi Arabias exercise "North Thunder" that was held by the Syrian border.

With that said, i think it would be hilarious seeing Melvin Goodrum and Tbombz as the leads in movies such as Starsky and Hutch and Miami Vice.

Blacks should stick to rap and comedy.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2016, 07:07:36 AM »
It doesn't matter.

Bond has reached a point where they can do whatever they want.

You people all talk about people not accepting a black bond. They'll all still watch it.  The sales will still roll in.

Anti sentiment only works if people actually vote with their feet and they sure as fuck will not, because just about every one of them will watch a black bond, just to see if it is a failure.

The box office results of a movie where everybody goes to see if it is actually shit look pretty similar to one where they're excited to see it.  

Just look at batman vs superman results.

People are sheep when it comes to established stuff like movie franchises.  They bitch, but they still watch :)

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2016, 07:08:48 AM »
People are sheep when it comes to established stuff like movie franchises.  They bitch, but they still watch :)
The all-female cast of the new Ghostbusters will TANK! Mark my words!  ;D

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2016, 07:13:03 AM »
Just so everyone knows beforehand, i played a huge part in Saudi Arabias exercise "North Thunder" that was held by the Syrian border.

With that said, i think it would be hilarious seeing Melvin Goodrum and Tbombz as the leads in movies such as Starsky and Hutch and Miami Vice.

Blacks should stick to rap and comedy.

i don't care about those movies. and i don't follow goodrum or bombz at all, i never understood their appeal to be honest, never got how their memes ere funny in any way, it's like fart humor. i never saw the disgusting shit as funny, i always wanted to avoid it

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2016, 07:23:42 AM »
why does it make any bit of difference? they are just some damn movies. even u are protecting the way black and white actors should be perceived, it's like ur defiant of ur programming. u know u have no real effect on the course of history or the future? ur just a guy who comments in the internet. outside ur work and ur gym, u ain't nothing but a regular dude who's worth shit. or what part did u play in saudi arabias military excercise "north thunder" that was held near syrias border? because looking at wider scale it means fuck all is the actor white or black. hell, i whanna see black terminators in the next terminator movie speaking ghetto shit, LOL

LOL. Of course my opinion is irrelevant in the wider scale. The opinions of everyone here (including your own) is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. However, the point of a forum is to express your opinions, whatever they may be.
Besides, it's not like my opinion on this matter is uncommon. :D

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2016, 07:24:33 AM »
The new Villainess can be named Ivana Blackcock

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2016, 07:30:42 AM »
What about a black Batman or Superman?

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2016, 07:49:25 AM »
The character is not black so it doesn't work.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2016, 07:54:53 AM »
When Darth Vader was all black he was an evil asshole who left his children.

Then when we see that he is a white male under that black façade, he turns out to be redeemed and the good guy again!

The opposite could happen with Bond! A black Bond could become a rouge agent that takes out MI6!
a

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2016, 08:16:58 AM »
The original James Bond was black. FACT!

As long as he doesn't end up in Ibiza, getting the girls, it's all ok by me.

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: April 04, 2016, 08:22:35 AM »
I believe a black man can be accepted for acting white, but a white man can never be accepted for acting black.

How else does Denzel Washington make so many white films?  Who the fuck watches that shit?

LOL!