Author Topic: LBGT question  (Read 4071 times)

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
Re: LBGT question
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2016, 04:46:47 PM »
spot on about religion. im curious how AJ and others would respond. one moment they say people that are luberal have a mental disease, but they dont seem to think being religious is a mental disease when they analyze themselves. thats why i always cringe when the right wing bible terds say "liberalism is a disease"...
from reading his posts, Aj is "christian" i think...dont throw stones in glass houses

Then you cringe at the most childish things.

As before, a Christian may well die for their faith but a Muslim will kill for theirs. 

cart@@n

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2016, 05:17:39 PM »
Brainwashing using cultural marxism.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2016, 05:19:20 PM »
There are many gay arab and persians in my neighborhood, many go to my gym.

Immigrants in general tend to be progressive. If you're a traditionalist or conservative, you're not as likely to move half way around the world to a new country, new culture, and new language.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2016, 05:25:36 PM »
saw an LGBT office with a "dont profile muslims!" sign in the window. Im confused, dont gay people know that muslims hate them even more than christians (who are hateful angry and judgmental as well) do? where did this defense of muslims in the LGBT community come from? seems pretty misguided. and this observation is coming from an atheist liberal minded dude like myself.

When was the last time you've seen of heard of Christians lopping of the heads of people that don't agree with them....assclown.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2016, 05:26:28 PM »
Liberalism is a mental disorder. 

As proven by the originator of this thread.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2016, 05:43:36 PM »
When was the last time you've seen [or] heard of Christians lopping of the heads of people that don't agree with them....assclown.

http://www.alternet.org/tea-party-and-right/10-worst-terror-attacks-extreme-christians-and-far-right-white-men

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2016, 06:38:51 PM »
They throw them off of buildings! Very tolerant!

Indeed and then stone them of they are not already dead.

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2016, 02:14:44 AM »
There are many gay arab and persians in my neighborhood, many go to my gym.

Immigrants in general tend to be progressive. If you're a traditionalist or conservative, you're not as likely to move half way around the world to a new country, new culture, and new language.

I've addressed this earlier in the thread.

Immigrants support progressive politics in the West because they are less likely to be deported under a liberal establishment than they are under a conservative one. A liberal establishment will also make it easier for them to bring their family too.

However, this doesn't mean they support progressive social issues.

You are a good guy, but you live in a "liberal bubble" and think the opinions of you and your friends are the mainstream ones.

Alfurinn

• Getbig III
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2016, 03:35:51 AM »
People are individuals. An LGBT office doesn't necessarily represent the opinions and thoughts of an entire group people who think for themselves. Just like with a candidate for president, you may agree with him on a lot of his propositions and opinions, but there are usually things you disagree on with that candidate. Even though you hear the word Islam a lot these days there are still people who don't really know the religion and have never even read a single parragraph of the quran. For many people Islam is of no interest; it is just a religion form a place far off.

Now, I would say that there is a lot of opposition against Islam among LGBT people and growing with the recent event. I don't think an office supporting muslims is really in touch with how the majority may be feeling about Islam.

The LGBT people who defend muslims probably do it because they have a friend who is a muslim or because they are moved by the images of the immigrants fleeing the Middle East. They feel it is time to lend a hand and that they (immigrants) don't come with a second intention behind. This causes them not to fear or doubt the immigrants since they seem them humble, people needing help.

It is really difficult to tell the ones who come with the intention to assimilate the local culture and start a new life from those who perhaps have the intention to spread Islam. Even authorities seem clueless which makes LGBT people especially vulnerable.

I'd say the majority of LGBT people see muslims and Islam with suspicion.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2016, 04:47:32 AM »
I'd say the majority of LGBT people see muslims and Islam with suspicion.

I'd say the majority of LGBT people see fundamentalism of all forms with suspicion.  Every major religion currently has a fundamentalist sect which tends to be violent. But all the major religions, including Islam, also have progressive sects.  Most muslims, especially here, don't believe in a radical form of Islam.  That's what the sign in the window at the beginning of this thread was talking about. Don't make judgements of an entire people by the actions of the most extreme or visible members.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2016, 06:37:28 AM »
I'd say the majority of LGBT people see fundamentalism of all forms with suspicion.  Every major religion currently has a fundamentalist sect which tends to be violent. But all the major religions, including Islam, also have progressive sects.  Most muslims, especially here, don't believe in a radical form of Islam.  That's what the sign in the window at the beginning of this thread was talking about. Don't make judgements of an entire people by the actions of the most extreme or visible members.

So fucking stupid. Conservative Christians pray for gay folks. Conservative Muslims throw you off a building. You're a fucking fool if you can't tell the difference (hint: in one scenario, you die)

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2016, 07:09:40 AM »
LGBT / Queers = Mental Health Disorder
Liberals           = Mental Health Disorder
Muslims           = Mental Health Disorder

Pointless Trying To Reason with them Or Understand Them

HTH
 ;)

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2016, 07:13:57 AM »
Fogarty and Conker must be one user....

Alfurinn

• Getbig III
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2016, 07:41:55 AM »
I'd say the majority of LGBT people see fundamentalism of all forms with suspicion.  Every major religion currently has a fundamentalist sect which tends to be violent. But all the major religions, including Islam, also have progressive sects.  Most muslims, especially here, don't believe in a radical form of Islam.  That's what the sign in the window at the beginning of this thread was talking about. Don't make judgements of an entire people by the actions of the most extreme or visible members.

I would say that all Abrahamic religions have this problem of being authoritarian, dualistic and violent to some extent depending on the religion.

I don't understand the meaning of "radical Islam". Islam is radical by nature.

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2016, 08:06:14 AM »
When will a politician recognize the main issue...religion.  Anyone who bases their beliefs on any fictional book is a fool.  It amazes me how someone above average intellect can ever buy into any fairy tale.
No politician will come out atheist because you would eliminate at least half of the lemmings for votes.
N

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2016, 08:57:11 AM »
When will a politician recognize the main issue...religion.  Anyone who bases their beliefs on any fictional book is a fool.  It amazes me how someone above average intellect can ever buy into any fairy tale.
No politician will come out atheist because you would eliminate at least half of the lemmings for votes.

this is so true. im always amazed someone like AJ who seems well put together, good career, intelligent on alot of things (im guessing) no-non sense type of manly man, could also be delusional at the same time. it blows my mind. i run into people like this some times in the real world and i always want to ask "so...what happened, why would a seemingly common sense person fall for this?" my guess is its usually engrained or prothetized to an extent when younger that its the only portion of their life they dont question. its almost like breathing, you just "believe" in it. i think sometimes its also a family thing, like church and the fairy tale holds some people together who wouldnt be able to hold it together without it.

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2016, 09:54:45 AM »
this is so true. im always amazed someone like AJ who seems well put together, good career, intelligent on alot of things (im guessing) no-non sense type of manly man, could also be delusional at the same time. it blows my mind. i run into people like this some times in the real world and i always want to ask "so...what happened, why would a seemingly common sense person fall for this?" my guess is its usually engrained or prothetized to an extent when younger that its the only portion of their life they dont question. its almost like breathing, you just "believe" in it. i think sometimes its also a family thing, like church and the fairy tale holds some people together who wouldnt be able to hold it together without it.

Goes back to belief systems set in through childhood and the parents

His dad or family is prob some err in one way, it's evident in the south when you meet people who seem really intelligent, well spoken , make good money , good wife - but the guy gets drunk and you say goddamn and the world ended - baptist --same as with any other religion , it's ingrained in their belief systems - they saw their fathers do it now it's their turn -- except you can vilify racism and any member of the confederate army that ways the 'flag' but it's ok to push Sunday school beliefs in people at a bar

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2016, 01:03:39 PM »
So fucking stupid. Conservative Christians pray for gay folks. Conservative Muslims throw you off a building. You're a fucking fool if you can't tell the difference (hint: in one scenario, you die)
Aj has a point.... as much as i hate agreeing with this nut job:-\
A

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2016, 01:06:46 PM »

It's hindering human progression big league! Out of the billions of stars in our galaxy and the billions of galaxies in our observable universe, why would anyone believe their religion is the ultimate authority on anything?

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2016, 01:18:10 PM »
"

liberalismo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2016, 04:01:51 PM »
People forget there are 1 BILLION Muslims in the world.

That's 1,000,000,000

That's 1,000 times 1,000 times 1,000

IF Muslims were all as crazy as people think, we'd all be doomed.

The truth? Most Muslims are perfectly fine. Just because a small % are terrorists isn't a reason to categorize them all.

Also, remember, MOST victims of terrorism globally...the vast majority...is other Muslims

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2016, 07:46:43 PM »
So fucking stupid. Conservative Christians pray for gay folks.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2016, 09:11:26 PM »

You are a bitter little manlet. 

You need to look in the mirror, Mr. Gray.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2016, 09:36:50 PM »
They get a G and that's it, fucking alphabet hogs.

L and B are unnecessary, file under "gay." And nothing for Ts until schizos get their S. Practically begging for a good bashing, greedy queers.