Author Topic: LET'S GET SERIOUS!!  (Read 4797 times)

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: LET'S GET SERIOUS!!
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2016, 12:32:55 PM »
ROCCO-X, Thanks but no need to ever apologize to me for voicing an adverse opinion nor complaining about my overly-worded postings.

My first writing job was on a small town newspaper and the editor (a tough old fart) always claimed that a good writer learned more form complainers than  from those who were most often agreeable.

My shit often gets too damn verbosed,  redundant, and detailed but those who feel the need to complain or who have no interest in the subject matter can simply avoid clicking on anything that Stuntmovie submits to this GetBig Board.

It ain't rocket science!

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2016, 12:55:08 PM »
LOCAL, I don't always agree with ya but on this occasion I believe that you are  99.9%% correct.

I have read that there is only one IFBB Pro Card awarded each year in England. Far fewer than in the good old USA.

My small 'disagreement' with ya  is that you  refer to the issuance of IFBB Pro Cards in the USA as a "joke".

That may be because you are simply looking at one side of a two sided 'coin'.

You have to recall that the NPC is a business, so the decision makers within that business (even nonprofit businesses) are concerned about the 'bottom line' which is not a laffing matter.

This 'bottom line' (financial income) was not of extreme importance when Joe Weider was in control simply because the relatively small scale IFBB events were published in his magazines which brought in the 'bread and  butter' and paid the bills and ....  built an empire.

So it would be unreasonable to believe that the NPC would do anything to decrease the number of IFBB Pro Cards  awarded each year....  even though the majority of those new professionals have 'no place to go' once they have one.

And that's  another problem that arises and which the  NPC/IFBB may be thinking about at this very minute.

A possible solution comes up next.

BTW ....Thanks for reading this far!

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2016, 04:44:28 PM »
LOCAL, I don't always agree with ya but on this occasion I believe that you are  99.9%% correct.

I have read that there is only one IFBB Pro Card awarded each year in England. Far fewer than in the good old USA.

My small 'disagreement' with ya  is that you  refer to the issuance of IFBB Pro Cards in the USA as a "joke".

That may be because you are simply looking at one side of a two sided 'coin'.

You have to recall that the NPC is a business, so the decision makers within that business (even nonprofit businesses) are concerned about the 'bottom line' which is not a laffing matter.

This 'bottom line' (financial income) was not of extreme importance when Joe Weider was in control simply because the relatively small scale IFBB events were published in his magazines which brought in the 'bread and  butter' and paid the bills and ....  built an empire.

So it would be unreasonable to believe that the NPC would do anything to decrease the number of IFBB Pro Cards  awarded each year....  even though the majority of those new professionals have 'no place to go' once they have one.

And that's  another problem that arises and which the  NPC/IFBB may be thinking about at this very minute.

A possible solution comes up next.

BTW ....Thanks for reading this far!

Thing is we all knew the new pro's on the scene and would look forward to seeing how they did etc... There's so many now, no one could care less.

The quality is poor because of this,I agree its a business, but for me its spoilt and will only get worse..

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2016, 10:28:26 AM »
LOCAL,  Once again thanks for the intelligent response.

And I'll apologize now for the length of this post but it may be of interest to a couple of you GetBiggers.

I find it difficult to disagree with you but I'm doing my best to stay in the middle of the highway and report about what's actually happening now and do my best to 'forecast' the road that lies ahead.

I am not an insider so the following is just a 'guesstimate' regarding a possible solution concerning this large membership increase within the IFBB Pro ranks.

Most of us may not agree but it seems that the IFBB Pro 'increase' is good for both the IFBB and the contenders within the IFBB and the NPC.

It's a cash cow for the IFBB and it gives the contenders an opportunity to receive whatever benefits one receives as an IFBB Pro.

It's obvious that the IFBB is in favor of increasing the number of new IFBB Pros including a renewal of those IFBB Pro cards each and every year. It's a great added source of business income.

But with the great number of new pros of varying degrees of competitive muscle the  IFBB would have to offer a  'carrot' to these new pros each year to encourage them to retain or renew their pro membership.

At present that 'carrot' only appears to be available for those contenders who are capable or eligible to enter an Olympia event or one of the Arnold's or a few others which offer lucrative cash awards.

But there are a vast number of new IFBB pros who lack the size/conditioning/etc. to be worthy contenders in almost all of the present IFBB pro events.

So why would they want to renew their IFBB Pro membership each year when the IFBB does not offer them the proverbial carrot to pursue?

NEXT UP ....A POSSIBLE BUT CONTROVERSIAL SOLUTION ... THE CARROT!