Author Topic: Why do people create gimmicks?  (Read 7502 times)

Skeeter

Re: Why do people create gimmicks?
« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2017, 03:08:00 PM »

You just proved my point. Even though you may not have multiple accounts you come here acting as though you are a tough, no nonsense type of guy. The type of man that is able to wear shorts in all the seasons. A brazen, menacing brute that doesn't flinch when a hammer hits his finger. That guy that rides around in a Harvester Scout listening to Thin Lizzy drinking a Utica Club.  You would never ever utter those words to my face in real life for fear of some type of violent reaction from me resulting in you being harmed to some extent. In real life you would keep very quiet, head down and find your place in society as a follower that doesn't upset the status quo.

People create different accounts due to their different views and different personalities they need to let out. They feel they have important information that others don't have.  They also feel they are putting one over on others and find humour in it.

To be honest I could care less about your so called gimmick accounts. Why someone spends time getting angry about it like yourself boggles the mind. Your energy would be better directed at lifting weights and helping others.

STAY POSITIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, like most others here he's just sick of your shitty posts.

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
Re: Why do people create gimmicks?
« Reply #51 on: March 11, 2017, 04:00:48 PM »
Dear Colin,

I've spent a great deal of time attempting to analyse the convoluted relationship between online message boards and the perpetual recrudescence of 'gimmick'

Lastly, there are those who do it simply for the entertainment value of annoying the indignant and moronic. Bodybuilding forums are particularly abundant in stupidity, given the nature of what the 'sport' entails and the personality types attracted to it, so the promise of a particularly explosive outburst of vexation can prove to be quite tempting for those who find these reactions amusing. 'strongmen' types and steroid users are especially susceptible to provocation online due to the fact that their physiques can't function as a deterrent against criticism, leaving them stripped of all their armour and therefore highly vulnerable to mockery.

The long hours you've spent analyzing gimmicks on message boards was well spent.  It such an important area of research.