Author Topic: United Airlines Overbooks Flights - and Beats up a Paying Passenger  (Read 66656 times)

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
Re: United Airlines Overbooks Flights - and Beats up a Paying Passenger
« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2017, 07:38:18 PM »
The passenger has the behavior of a spoiled 5-year old, kicking and screaming like he was.  And then to repeat over and over "Kill me!  Kill me!  Kill me" to the Police.  That is somebody who is not right in the head.  Three other people before him got up and left the plane without making a huge fuss, and this guy just goes full on retard.  If he's really a Doctor, I wouldn't want to be a patient of his.
x1000. The video actually helped the airlines in my view. I wouldn't want that crazy idiot on my flight anyway. What kind of doctor can he possibly be?  Probably one of those crazy chiropractors!😝

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #51 on: April 10, 2017, 08:24:43 PM »
I'm just glad he wasn't black or Arab or else we would never hear the end of this.

Kramerica

• Getbig II
« Reply #52 on: April 10, 2017, 08:31:28 PM »
I'm just glad he wasn't black or Arab or else we would never hear the end of this.

According to a guy on the plane interviewed on CNN, the Asian man claimed they were making him leave bc of his skin color...

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #53 on: April 10, 2017, 08:37:47 PM »
According to a guy on the plane interviewed on CNN, the Asian man claimed they were making him leave bc of his skin color...

i can see it, trump is about to go to war against those gooks soon.

Fortress

• Getbig V
Re: What happens when United Airlines overbooks a flight?
« Reply #54 on: April 10, 2017, 09:29:41 PM »
Was that guy a physician ?

He claimed to have patients in the morn after being 'randomly' selected to get off because the had to fly 4 crew members to St Louis ? Fck that , but they offer $800 to stay ,,, would of got me hella igf with that

That skinny 'brew would of put hands on my glasses he'd lost an eye
/prison rules

" ... would OF ... ", ... would OF ... " ...

So you don't sound like an uneducated fool in the future ...

It is WOULD'VE (would have).

Hope this helps, Einstein.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #55 on: April 10, 2017, 09:51:57 PM »
and hes going to get nothing, he will be lucky if they dont charge him with disrupting a flight and upsetting passengers and crew.

Bahahahaha!!!  Oh he's definitely going to get paid.  United Airlines violated federal law by not giving him 4 times his ticket price.  Not only that, the level of outrage by people is something United Airlines doesn't want to deal with.  They will BEG HIM TO SETTLE
A

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #56 on: April 10, 2017, 09:52:06 PM »

I disagree with that.  He paid his ticket and he had every right to stay on the plane.  He'll definitely get a nice settlement for that.  
No he won't.  Its in the contract about giving up the seat.

Besides, they were going to pay him 800 dollars to take the next flight and he went around screaming like Sonic the Hedgehog. hahahaha

With that said, United is a piece of shit for how they treat animals and pets, not how they treat humans.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: April 10, 2017, 09:57:53 PM »

Bahahahaha!!!  Oh he's definitely going to get paid.  United Airlines violated federal law by not giving him 4 times his ticket price.  Not only that, the level of outrage by people is something United Airlines doesn't want to deal with.  They will BEG HIM TO SETTLE
You got it wrong Vince.  Its a violation of Federal Law to interfere with a flight crew.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/49/46504

49 U.S. Code § 46504 - Interference with flight crew members and attendants

Current through Pub. L. 114-38. (See Public Laws for the current Congress.)

An individual on an aircraft in the special aircraft jurisdiction of the United States who, by assaulting or intimidating a flight crew member or flight attendant of the aircraft, interferes with the performance of the duties of the member or attendant or lessens the ability of the member or attendant to perform those duties, or attempts or conspires to do such an act, shall be fined under title 18, imprisoned for not more than 20 years, or both. However, if a dangerous weapon is used in assaulting or intimidating the member or attendant, the individual shall be imprisoned for any term of years or for life.
(Pub. L. 103–272, § 1(e), July 5, 1994, 108 Stat. 1244; Pub. L. 107–56, title VIII, § 811(i), Oct. 26, 2001, 115 Stat. 382.)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: April 10, 2017, 09:59:19 PM »
Potential Civil Consequences

Acts of interference that don't quite rise to the level of criminal conduct can still warrant hefty fines by the FAA.

In fact, the FAA can propose up to $25,000 per violation for unruly passenger cases. One incident can result in multiple violations, according to the FAA's website.

A slew of disruptive behaviors can be considered interference, including:

Flashing a laser beam from the ground;
    Physically blocking crewmembers' access in the aisle or galley;
    Threatening a crewmember; and
    Disobeying crewmembers' repeated requests (see Alec Baldwin).

This list is by no means exhaustive. As a general rule of thumb, if the conduct is offensive or disruptive and distracts the crew, it may be considered actionable interference.

The repercussions for passengers who engage in unruly behavior can be substantial, so if an attendant instructs you to do something, you'd best listen up. Otherwise, your next destination could potentially be a jail cell, a courtroom, or the office of an experienced criminal defense lawyer near you.

Related Resources:

Malinda Knowles Sues JetBlue: Kicked Off NY Plane for 'No Panties' (FindLaw's Legally Weird)
    Top 5 Things You Can't Do on a Plane (FindLaw's Legally Weird)
    Is It Legal for Kids to Fly Alone? (FindLaw's Law and Daily Life)
    FAA OKs Cell Phones During Takeoff, Landing (FindLaw's Law and Daily Life)

- See more at: http://blogs.findlaw.com/law_and_life/2013/11/what-happens-if-you-disobey-a-flight-attendant.html#sthash.t7Y9n9mP.dpuf

Simple Simon

« Reply #59 on: April 10, 2017, 09:59:59 PM »
You got it wrong Vince.  Its a violation of Federal Law to interfere with a flight crew.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/49/46504

49 U.S. Code § 46504 - Interference with flight crew members and attendants

Current through Pub. L. 114-38. (See Public Laws for the current Congress.)

An individual on an aircraft in the special aircraft jurisdiction of the United States who, by assaulting or intimidating a flight crew member or flight attendant of the aircraft, interferes with the performance of the duties of the member or attendant or lessens the ability of the member or attendant to perform those duties, or attempts or conspires to do such an act, shall be fined under title 18, imprisoned for not more than 20 years, or both. However, if a dangerous weapon is used in assaulting or intimidating the member or attendant, the individual shall be imprisoned for any term of years or for life.
(Pub. L. 103–272, § 1(e), July 5, 1994, 108 Stat. 1244; Pub. L. 107–56, title VIII, § 811(i), Oct. 26, 2001, 115 Stat. 382.)

thats not the first time someone has said that to him....

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #60 on: April 10, 2017, 10:34:30 PM »

Wrong - United violated their own contract and will pay dearly for this. 

Already, the Civil Aviation Officer lied, had to retract his statement on how the guy 'fell', and has been suspended, pending a review. They already acknowledge the officer's behavior was not condoned nor accepted. United is screwed.

United screwed up. Already asked for one volunteered before they all boarded the plane, then did not up the ante over $800, but instead forced the crap on passengers, which the backlash alone might change for them and hurt them.

And will it hurt United. You bet. Myself along with thousands of others now will not fly them this year, and will look for other flights for many of my trips now this year. Just my team and business partners will cost them thousands. As well as the terrible PR.

Boycott United - it already has started.

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: April 10, 2017, 10:39:50 PM »

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #62 on: April 10, 2017, 10:41:29 PM »
The airline booked all the seats, it then had a flight staff that needed to be in the planes destination , and if they could not get the airline staff on the flight it would cause more delays for other flights

so they asked all the passengers they needed 4 seats and asked who would volunteer to leave the flight

nobody agreed

they then offered $400 and a free hotel stay and flight the next day, nobody took it, they went to $600 nobody took it, went to $800 also nobody took it

they then went with a lotto draft and a couple got picked , they got up and left the plane, the next one was that guy, he refused to leave, said he was a Doctor and had patients to see.

so they dragged his ass out and and was bleeding all over the seats, so they made all passangers get off the plane to they could tidy up the plane again , was delayed for 2 hours so they could clean up his blood.

then he got back on the plane after all that

You stole my thunder, bro!

United Airlines Flunks Economics 101

"Yes, United's contract of carriage gives them the ability to bump passengers. But United could have — and given the circumstances should have — continued to increase its offer price until it got enough volunteers. At some point, there would have been a rush to give up seats."

http://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/united-airlines-flunks-economics-101/

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #63 on: April 10, 2017, 10:41:45 PM »
This guys getting paid big time and rightfully so. I have miles coming to me from United. Fuck them. I'll pay. Delta it is.

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #64 on: April 10, 2017, 10:43:52 PM »
Boycott United

Tons of words, pics and movie lines..

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #66 on: April 10, 2017, 10:44:21 PM »
More

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #67 on: April 10, 2017, 10:51:36 PM »
More

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #68 on: April 10, 2017, 10:52:43 PM »
The airline booked all the seats, it then had a flight staff that needed to be in the planes destination , and if they could not get the airline staff on the flight it would cause more delays for other flights

so they asked all the passengers they needed 4 seats and asked who would volunteer to leave the flight

nobody agreed

they then offered $400 and a free hotel stay and flight the next day, nobody took it, they went to $600 nobody took it, went to $800 also nobody took it

they then went with a lotto draft and a couple got picked , they got up and left the plane, the next one was that guy, he refused to leave, said he was a Doctor and had patients to see.

so they dragged his ass out and and was bleeding all over the seats, so they made all passangers get off the plane to they could tidy up the plane again , was delayed for 2 hours so they could clean up his blood.

then he got back on the plane after all that

If they kept upping the price someone would have taken it. Everyone has their price. The fact that no one took the $800 shows how important being on that flight was to them. Try 8 grand and watch the hands rise. I understand over booking is necessary but if they need the seats the airlines have to be prepared to pay a high premium.

The doctor paid for his seat. There was no clause that if it was overbooked he might be refused a seat. The $800 bribe wasn't worth it to him. He kept his end of the transaction as a buyer and shouldn't be under any obligation to accommodate a seller who now wants to change the rules after the agreed transaction.

The airline industry is doing very well right now. People are a bit resentful on how they nickle and dime you to death. This fella wins and will win big.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: April 10, 2017, 11:05:52 PM »
A paid ticket doesn't give you a right to stay on a plane if the airline reps tell you that you have to leave the plane.   Just like paying a cover charge at a bar doesn't give you the right to stay in a bar if the doormen says you have to leave for causing a disturbance.  And no, he won't get a nice settlement for it.  You can't simply refuse orders to leave private property and expect to be compensated with a settlement because you made a scene and resisted being removed, and got yourself injured in the process.  Read the fine print that comes with a purchased ticket.  The airline has the right to remove you.  

Actually it does.

As long as you follow the terms of the agreement you have the right to get what you paid for. If that wasn't the case then a seller can modify any agreement AFTER the transaction has been made. How would you like it if you were told to leave a movie because you were too tall and blocked the view of people behind you? That would only be legit only if they had a height requirement agreed to prior to the transaction. Only if there was a clause stating that you might get asked to leave if overbooked would it be justified to ask the doctor to leave.

Of course, in an emergency life and death situation then all bets are off.

United, I'm sure, have already realized that they should have kept upping the ante and paid whatever it took to get a volunteer. It would be pennies compared to what they will have to pay now. Not only in ching but in reputation. Ron is right that United has a horrible reputation. They are now going to have to work over time, and at great expense, to salvage their reputation.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #70 on: April 10, 2017, 11:06:59 PM »
I like that the doctoe put up a fight. I would be upset if i planned ahead made an appointment to see him, missed work, got to the office only to see a sorry we are closed sign because doctor gave his seat up for some asshole united employees, please miss work again and see you in a few weeks.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: April 10, 2017, 11:13:15 PM »
No he won't.  Its in the contract about giving up the seat.

Besides, they were going to pay him 800 dollars to take the next flight and he went around screaming like Sonic the Hedgehog. hahahaha

With that said, United is a piece of shit for how they treat animals and pets, not how they treat humans.

Are you sure? How do you know this? I checked the terms of agreement on the last flight I took (Hawaiian Airlines) and there was no such clause. Of course, United could be different and if that is the case then the terms of the agreement was not violated.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: April 10, 2017, 11:17:06 PM »
You stole my thunder, bro!

United Airlines Flunks Economics 101

"Yes, United's contract of carriage gives them the ability to bump passengers. But United could have — and given the circumstances should have — continued to increase its offer price until it got enough volunteers. At some point, there would have been a rush to give up seats."

http://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/united-airlines-flunks-economics-101/

Yes, bumping passengers is one thing, which I think is what TA is talking about, but not throwing you off after you've been allowed entry and seated.

I've been bumped before but if I was asked to leave after giving my ticket and being seated then I would not go cheaply.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: April 10, 2017, 11:43:13 PM »
Why is everyone calling this moron a doctor?  How come nobody has identified him yet as a doctor of anything?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: April 10, 2017, 11:44:38 PM »
Damn crybabies.  If this guy were a Arab Muslim, nobody would give a shit.