Author Topic: What kind of Brain damage would it be to.....  (Read 7983 times)

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
Re: What kind of Brain damage would it be to.....
« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2006, 10:52:56 AM »
There is no big story with Arnold.  I was a celebrity volunteer with the Special Olympics for about 10 years.  I traveled to numerous places around the country to help with their events.  AT the INternational Games in Reno in 89' the Hawaii team was there and they invited me to Hawaii and I went.  I loved it so much I moved here. 

The first pic with Arnold was in the VIP room at the LA Games.  It's where we hung out and rested, ate and talked.  That day Arnold cam wheeling up on his Harley Davidson with Franco Columbo on the back.  When the kids saw his they went crazy.  We were in there eating something before going to the weightlifting.  It was the first year it was an official sport.  They wanted us to help with the opening of it and help the kids.  In that pic he is eating a big brownie.  I remember his telling the photgrapher not to get the brownine in the picture.  But he did.  In the original I have it.  That room is filled with some big names, like Anthony Hopkins, Maureen McCormick, Susan Anton, Gene Wilder, Jacklyn Smith, the guy who played McKiver(?), Bart Braverman, a ton of soup stars and many others.  It was always fun doing the LA Games.

The second pic is us at a photo thing where the kid sit with us and take pictures.  Me and him and Spice took this picture because a mom came up to me and said her kid competed in the weight lifting the day before and wanted a picture of us.  I remember his name was David.  He was really strong.  He got hit by a car or something.  He was an athlete and high school football player but got dealt a bad hand.  He did really well the competition.  SO i told SPice and Arnold to take a pic for him.  I handed Arnold the sign and had him hold it.

You could tell most of the time Arnold didn;t want to be there.  He said something to one ime that showed me he didn't really care about what he was there for.  I got a little pissed but didn't say anything.  He had to be there because of his relatives now.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2006, 02:05:13 PM »
Ok cool thanks! It doesn't really look like he is happy to be there either. Maybe all that dieting was making him light headed. Onlyme always keep the stories coming cause you got a lot of people who really enjoy them. I wish I could have met have the people you have but I know I still have a while. Believe it or not, I have never even met a real juiced up competitive bodybuilder that is why I am running my mouth on these boards so much ;)
just push some weight!

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2006, 04:18:35 PM »

You could tell most of the time Arnold didn;t want to be there.  He said something to one ime that showed me he didn't really care about what he was there for.  I got a little pissed but didn't say anything.  He had to be there because of his relatives now.

Man, thats really sad. With Arnold it seems image isn't always the reality.
The House that Ruth built

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #53 on: April 09, 2006, 04:24:23 PM »
How bad would it be feel being a huge pro and one day dwindle down to a normal 200ish pounds and look like an average guy again?  The guys I would be referring to are Flex, Kevin, Tom etc.  Obviously Shawn never put himself to the limits that everyone else did so he never got the dramatic weight loss that all these other guys get. 

Will anyone on here admit to doing huge amounts of gear and coming off to look normal again?
flex's sickness didnt have anyhting to do with steroid use.    and he didnt use alot of steroids either.....

and watch the video of flex at the 2002 olympia. he was clean for about a year and did the show.

its not all drugs man.
d[-_-]b actin all cool

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #54 on: April 09, 2006, 07:58:17 PM »
I think I have pictures of Petes 961 laying arond here somewhwere.  If I find them I will post them.,  Unreal looking Porsche

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: April 09, 2006, 07:59:50 PM »
I think I have pictures of Petes 961 laying arond here somewhwere.  If I find them I will post them.,  Unreal looking Porsche

I'll bet that car dwarfed you in mass ;D

mroup

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #56 on: January 21, 2007, 02:12:12 PM »
I will tell you from experience it is a tough feeling to deal with. I have been lifting since I was 13 and won my state overall and heavyweight teenage title when I was 19. ( at 5'8" 181lbs 4% body fat ) I had a pretty good powerlifting career also benching 520lbs at 195lbs. I used to squat 405 for 10-12 reps, Bench 405 for 10 reps 315 for 15 reps, Dumbell Shoulder presses with 120's for 10-12 reps 130's for 8's etc. etc. I think the biggest I ever was is 245lbs with abs and probably 8% bodyfat at 5'8". I am actually heavier know tipping the scales at about 260lbs with a big gut and size 38 pants. The funny thing is I still look big in clothes because and havent lost the size as much as the solid muscle and hardness. I feel embarassed to take off my shirt know. My stomach isnt actually really fat it just distends out very far. ( I never used GH or IGF-1 ) I constantly fight with myself to get back into it but at the age of 34 I just cant get motivated and feel burned out on BB. It is twice as hard because my best friend from H.S. is a Pro BB and I have to go to the Olympia etc. to see him and then I get down on myself. I cant imagine being a guy that totally consumed himself with this sport and then lost everything and have nothing to fall back on. ( I happen to know many !!!!) I really started to lose interest when I started a very profitable business back in 99 and then took it public on the NASDAQ and sold all my shares. Its alot easier to deal with it when you are financially secure. I also got married and want to start a family so BB seems kind of stupid sometimes to me. I feel like just getting in shape and being healthy again more then anything. I admit though that I have those times when I pick up a magazine or go to a pro show with my friend that is hurts. I suddenly want to go home and "Get Huge" again. I go through these phases of training for a month or two then quiting for like 5-6. I buy a bunch of gear and then it just sits there collecting dust and expires. I guess you cant be big forever! ( at least the biggest you ever have been )  Jay Cutler said he is retiring soon and would never stay as big as he is currently. ( for health and many other reasons ) When I look back I wouldnt change a thing though I love BB and dont feel I have hurt my body one bit from the gear I have used. It taught me discipline, hard work, determination and the most important lesson in life. "You can do anything you want in life as long as work hard for it " ( sounds like my parents but its true ) I was a 100lb 13yr old when I started lifting and 150lbs later and a succesful business career have showed how BB can be healthy after all.

beatmaster

• Getbig IV
  • Save a tree, eat a beaver
« Reply #57 on: January 21, 2007, 02:33:48 PM »

who could tell awwwnold was training here, thats 1984:

are you delusional?

bigbalddaddy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #58 on: January 21, 2007, 07:29:57 PM »
I will tell you from experience it is a tough feeling to deal with. I have been lifting since I was 13 and won my state overall and heavyweight teenage title when I was 19. ( at 5'8" 181lbs 4% body fat ) I had a pretty good powerlifting career also benching 520lbs at 195lbs. I used to squat 405 for 10-12 reps, Bench 405 for 10 reps 315 for 15 reps, Dumbell Shoulder presses with 120's for 10-12 reps 130's for 8's etc. etc. I think the biggest I ever was is 245lbs with abs and probably 8% bodyfat at 5'8". I am actually heavier know tipping the scales at about 260lbs with a big gut and size 38 pants. The funny thing is I still look big in clothes because and havent lost the size as much as the solid muscle and hardness. I feel embarassed to take off my shirt know. My stomach isnt actually really fat it just distends out very far. ( I never used GH or IGF-1 ) I constantly fight with myself to get back into it but at the age of 34 I just cant get motivated and feel burned out on BB. It is twice as hard because my best friend from H.S. is a Pro BB and I have to go to the Olympia etc. to see him and then I get down on myself. I cant imagine being a guy that totally consumed himself with this sport and then lost everything and have nothing to fall back on. ( I happen to know many !!!!) I really started to lose interest when I started a very profitable business back in 99 and then took it public on the NASDAQ and sold all my shares. Its alot easier to deal with it when you are financially secure. I also got married and want to start a family so BB seems kind of stupid sometimes to me. I feel like just getting in shape and being healthy again more then anything. I admit though that I have those times when I pick up a magazine or go to a pro show with my friend that is hurts. I suddenly want to go home and "Get Huge" again. I go through these phases of training for a month or two then quiting for like 5-6. I buy a bunch of gear and then it just sits there collecting dust and expires. I guess you cant be big forever! ( at least the biggest you ever have been )  Jay Cutler said he is retiring soon and would never stay as big as he is currently. ( for health and many other reasons ) When I look back I wouldnt change a thing though I love BB and dont feel I have hurt my body one bit from the gear I have used. It taught me discipline, hard work, determination and the most important lesson in life. "You can do anything you want in life as long as work hard for it " ( sounds like my parents but its true ) I was a 100lb 13yr old when I started lifting and 150lbs later and a succesful business career have showed how BB can be healthy after all.

Wow!  I'm blown away that someone on here is acutally honest!  It's all good bro as long as your happy!  At the end of the day that's all that counts...