Author Topic: RIP - Dallas McCarver - 08-22-17  (Read 140485 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Re: RIP - Dallas McCarver - 08-22-17
« Reply #575 on: August 27, 2017, 01:03:07 AM »
I donate a fair amount to charity. This "go-fund-me" thing seemed like a easy scam from the get-go. No one asking for donations via this venue has ever seen a dime from me.

gofundme is basically Internet panhandling for many people. Are there good causes, yes. But, those are far and between.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #576 on: August 27, 2017, 01:08:02 AM »
That's not single payer, that's catastrophic coverage.  Two different kinds of welfare, get it straight

I read this person's post and didn't get it. I'm not sure they get it either. Single payer insurance coverage doesn't wipe out a generation financial stability, it protects it.

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #577 on: August 27, 2017, 02:29:48 AM »
Rich's ex Amy Waz told me that Rich did a huge amount of Oxycontin - something like ten Oxycontin 80 pills daily. 

That's not an unheard of amount. Expensive, but someone with a serious opiate tolerance can shake that off fairly easily.

balzac

• Getbig IV

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #579 on: August 27, 2017, 04:54:28 AM »
I donate a fair amount to charity. This "go-fund-me" thing seemed like a easy scam from the get-go. No one asking for donations via this venue has ever seen a dime from me.

To honor the Mayweather v. McGregor fight, I am starting a Foundation to help needy kids.  Helping children is the lifelong passion of these two fighters!  Forget UNICEF, UNESCO, Save the Children, St. Judes, or Ronald McDonald House... with your support, we change the lives of children all over the world!  Please donate here:  https://www.afoolandhismoney.com

The fundraising goal is $150k (but I might raise it later if enough people donate to me, I mean, the needy children.  ::)

Shizzo

• Getbig IV
  • 2014 Getbig Hall of Fame Inductee
« Reply #580 on: August 27, 2017, 05:05:50 AM »
I don't know Aaron Singerman personally, but how can a seemingly smart man (such as yourself) think that Aaron would be foolish enough to create a false charity, so that he could pocket the majority of the money? There are way too many eyes on him now. He will donate those funds to charity.

But I also stand by what I have said before. Aaron should have donated Dallas's last month of salary to help pay for the funeral costs.

Helping the kids is great, but please throw a bone to your former friend and business associate in the process.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #581 on: August 27, 2017, 05:27:39 AM »

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #582 on: August 27, 2017, 05:29:36 AM »
I have a few questions for you......

1. Why did you suddenly decide to post again after such a long hiatus?

2. I don't know Aaron Singerman personally, but how can a seemingly smart man (such as yourself) think that Aaron would be foolish enough to create a false charity, so that he could pocket the majority of the money? There are way too many eyes on him now. He will donate those funds to charity.

But I also stand by what I have said before. Aaron should have donated Dallas's last month of salary to help pay for the funeral costs.

Helping the kids is great, but please throw a bone to your former friend and business associate in the process.

Aaron will make money off of this foundation.  Here's the quick and dirty on how it works.  

1.  Aaron proposes to Dana Brooke that they should set up a needy kids foundation in honor of Dallas, and she delightfully agrees.
2.  Aaron says he will take care of all the paper work and handling of the donation.
3.  Aaron creates the "Dallas McCarver Foundation".
4.  Aaron collects 150K.
5.  Aaron donates the 150K to a real foundation, with real needy kids.
6.  Aaron claims 150K charitable donation on his 2017 tax return.

A person can deduct up to 50% of their gross income with charitable donations.  Charitable donations provide a roughly 30% return.  Ergo, if Slingerman makes over 300K, he can donate the 150K from the gofundme, and get a return of roughly 50K in his pocket.  

Foundations are great, right?   ::)

Shizzo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #583 on: August 27, 2017, 05:36:25 AM »
Aaron will make money off of this foundation.  Here's the quick and dirty on how it works.  

1.  Aaron proposes to Dana Brooke that they should set up a needy kids foundation in honor of Dallas, and she delightfully agrees.
2.  Aaron says he will take care of all the paper work and handling of the donation.
4.  Aaron collects 150K.

A person can deduct up to 50% of their gross income with charitable donations.  Charitable donations provide a roughly 30% return.  Ergo, if Slingerman makes over 300K, he can donate the 150K from the gofundme, and get a return of roughly 50K in his pocket.  

Thats if you automatically assume the worst. So basically you are implying that Aaron hopes to reach his 150K goal, because he knows he can probably pocket an extra 50K come tax time?

Thanks Obama.

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #584 on: August 27, 2017, 05:52:14 AM »
Absolutely!  Why else would he start a foundation, for needy kids, that Dallas never once mentioned?  Mind you, Dallas's body wasn't even cold yet.  Have you forgotten that Slingerman is a business Jew?   ???

never once mentioned yet was his life's passion
What an amazing man that Aaron is
Not even 24 hours since he died and instead of grieving and mourning-Aaron was fighting through the tears to create the foundation
w

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #585 on: August 27, 2017, 05:54:30 AM »
never once mentioned yet was his life's passion
What an amazing man that Aaron is
Not even 24 hours since he died and instead of grieving and mourning-Aaron was fighting through the tears to create the foundation

Laughable!  Sad but laughable!  ::)

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #586 on: August 27, 2017, 05:54:48 AM »
Hmm, nothing seems shady about this at all.   :-\

Shizzo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #587 on: August 27, 2017, 06:08:38 AM »
Hmm, nothing seems shady about this at all.   :-\

So Phil Heath supposedly agreed with this guy, that he thought the foundation was "Shady", yet he goes ahead and donates $500 dollars anyway?

I just hope that the right people get the money in the end. What a shit show. R.I.P. Dallas.

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #588 on: August 27, 2017, 06:30:54 AM »
Aaron trying to justify things here while ensuring a load of product is on display  ;D

Favourite quote is "[I created] the fastest growing supplement company in the history of the World"  ;D ::)

Also like the interruption when his breakfast is delivered... professional

T

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #589 on: August 27, 2017, 06:40:06 AM »
Aaron trying to justify things here while ensuring a load of product is on display  ;D

Favourite quote is "[I created] the fastest growing supplement company in the history of the World"  ;D ::)

very great video on the history of redcon1 -
w

Dieter

• Getbig III
« Reply #590 on: August 27, 2017, 07:16:32 AM »
Dallas McCarver's own family doesn't even recognize this phony foundation.
Their official obituary calls for donations to be sent to St Jude's Hospital
If the family doesn't trust it, no one should.
This has all the appearances of a huge scam

Simple Simon

« Reply #591 on: August 27, 2017, 07:18:18 AM »

shouldn't that read "every shot of insulin will be dedicated to you"

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #592 on: August 27, 2017, 07:26:51 AM »
I read this person's post and didn't get it. I'm not sure they get it either. Single payer insurance coverage doesn't wipe out a generation financial stability, it protects it.

Your not getting this shows you are uninformed.  Do you know what catastrophic coverage is?  You just want free shit from government Santa Claus

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #593 on: August 27, 2017, 07:28:48 AM »
Dallas McCarver's own family doesn't even recognize this phony foundation.
Their official obituary calls for donations to be sent to St Jude's Hospital
If the family doesn't trust it, no one should.
This has all the appearances of a huge scam

Owned.  Everyone who donated to this "Foundation" is short a few brain cells. ::)

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #594 on: August 27, 2017, 07:33:17 AM »

4.  Aaron collects 150K.

Under that scenario he needs to recognize it as income

Stephano

• Getbig IV
« Reply #595 on: August 27, 2017, 07:39:03 AM »

Most of the money is coming from Singerman himself. 

He's donating... to himself... and he'll also probably take a "management fee."  >:(

This looks like some sort of tax scam.  If you sent money to Singerman, you're retarded.   

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #596 on: August 27, 2017, 07:44:34 AM »
Aaron trying to justify things here while ensuring a load of product is on display  ;D

Favourite quote is "[I created] the fastest growing supplement company in the history of the World"  ;D ::)

Who are Aaron's "athletes"? Dallas is gone, and he was trying to build a brand around him. So else does he have, or did he sign?

Seems like Aaron is trying to be Weider 2.0 but is failing very spectacularly at it. Especially with the Foundation/gofundme debacle.

Shizzo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #597 on: August 27, 2017, 07:45:08 AM »

He's donating... to himself... and he'll also probably take a "management fee."  >:(

This looks like some sort of tax scam.  If you sent money to Singerman, you're retarded.   

I would like to think that this is not the case, but then again.......

If Mr. Singerman is truly that stupid, then karma will get him before its all said and done.

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #598 on: August 27, 2017, 09:08:58 AM »
Under that scenario he needs to recognize it as income

Exactly.  If the foundation and tax id number are in Singerman's name, then the donation are income to him.  Wouldn't you like an extra 150K given to you, so you could in turn donate it, and then write it off as a charitable donation?   ???

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #599 on: August 27, 2017, 09:19:51 AM »

Exactly.  My wife used to be an accounting manager for a company that had 3 successful businesses, and 4 shell businesses.  She said it was common practice to move money from the successful businesses to the shell businesses.  At the end of the year, all the businesses would break near even.  They were audited every year, and they always passed.  Was it morally unethical?  Yes.  Was it legal?  Yes. 

This is why so many companies/corporations create foundations.  The provide a tax shelter.  This is exactly why Mark Zuckerberg started the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, pledging 99% of his wealth.