Author Topic: PJ Braun gets busted having fake watches! Watch meltdown!  (Read 13519 times)

Mothballs

• Getbig IV
Re: PJ Braun gets busted having fake watches! Watch meltdown!
« Reply #75 on: March 15, 2018, 08:19:15 AM »
Need good watch to have good time.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: March 15, 2018, 12:42:59 PM »
wearing a fake Rolex is like having a Getbig gimmick. Lame...

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #77 on: March 15, 2018, 12:47:49 PM »
nothing wrong with wearing a fake rolex as long as it matches your fake lacoste polo shirt

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: March 15, 2018, 12:59:44 PM »
I've only owned one Rolex, a Submariner. It gains about 4 minutes every 2 weeks. You would think an 8K watch could keep better time than a $15 Casio sports watch.   

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: March 15, 2018, 02:06:11 PM »
I've only owned one Rolex, a Submariner. It gains about 4 minutes every 2 weeks. You would think an 8K watch could keep better time than a $15 Casio sports watch.   

What??!! that is bs man.  Did you buy new or used?  If new that will be covered under warranty if used the warranty is void and that shit is very expensive at a Rolex service center

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: March 15, 2018, 04:36:46 PM »
What??!! that is bs man.  Did you buy new or used?  If new that will be covered under warranty if used the warranty is void and that shit is very expensive at a Rolex service center

It's used, I think it's a 1997 model. I didn't buy it, wouldn't spend more than a couple hundred on a watch. It was a gift. I love the style, but not impressed with it's time keeping. It was recently serviced, I figured would solve the issue but I guess not. Next time it gets serviced, I'll inquire as to adjusting the time. I took a picture of it earlier today and in a couple weeks I'll compare the time and get the exact amount it is moving forward at. 

denarii

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: March 15, 2018, 05:03:06 PM »
Perhaps an older male friend gave it as a gift

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #82 on: March 15, 2018, 05:11:35 PM »

New rolexes are times to better than -2/+2 and everyone I’ve had in the last 3-4 years was spot on.Rolex did have to movement hiccups years back but all fixed.

Also used,no idea who owned before or if it’s been serviced and how it was treated.

New Rolex warranty is 5 years on movement.used to be 2 then they upped it cause their movements are awesome.

robcguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: March 15, 2018, 05:13:37 PM »
It's used, I think it's a 1997 model. I didn't buy it, wouldn't spend more than a couple hundred on a watch. It was a gift. I love the style, but not impressed with it's time keeping. It was recently serviced, I figured would solve the issue but I guess not. Next time it gets serviced, I'll inquire as to adjusting the time. I took a picture of it earlier today and in a couple weeks I'll compare the time and get the exact amount it is moving forward at. 

Was it serviced at Rolex authorized service center or just a watch repair place?

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: March 15, 2018, 06:10:03 PM »
Was it serviced at Rolex authorized service center or just a watch repair place?

Rolex authorized center and was bought new by a friend of mine and he had it serviced regularly over the years. Its not big deal, I'll have it looked at next time it's serviced. He had it serviced before he gave it to me and he hadn't worn it in years, he has a different one that he wears all the time. He likely had no idea it was running fast and didn't tell the person. I'll just adjust it once in awhile until its time again to get it serviced

be back

« Reply #85 on: March 16, 2018, 01:51:08 AM »

YES, WELL WORTH SPENDING A LOT OF MONEY BECAUSE A WATCH GAINS 4 MINUTES EVERY TWO WEEKS, ITS VITALLY IMPORTANT THAT A WATCH IS 100% ACCURATE TO THE MILLIONTH OF A SECOND...

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: March 16, 2018, 04:46:19 AM »
YES, WELL WORTH SPENDING A LOT OF MONEY BECAUSE A WATCH GAINS 4 MINUTES EVERY TWO WEEKS, ITS VITALLY IMPORTANT THAT A WATCH IS 100% ACCURATE TO THE MILLIONTH OF A SECOND...

Meltdown

heenok

• Getbig IV
« Reply #87 on: March 16, 2018, 08:02:36 AM »

Thats 2sec a day, still fits the COSC criteria. No automatic watches will be as precise as an analogic watch, thats not the point. If you want time 100% just look at the time on your phone and keep your money.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: March 16, 2018, 09:12:38 AM »
Thats 2sec a day, still fits the COSC criteria. No automatic watches will be as precise as an analogic watch, thats not the point. If you want time 100% just look at the time on your phone and keep your money.

Or use a digital watch.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: March 16, 2018, 08:40:28 PM »

Like I said, it's not that bad. Now that I am aware of the time gain I can deal with it and I always have my phone. I was just surprised to discover such an expensive watch would be off that much.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #90 on: March 16, 2018, 09:35:18 PM »
I paid $8,000k for my Rolex about 4 years ago.
X

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: March 19, 2018, 01:27:57 PM »
.i know lots of rich guys who were fakes and can’t believ I buy real rolexes,they say it’s a waste of money.
those rich guys are not your friends and are bothered that an aspiring getbigger can afford a luxury good

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: March 19, 2018, 01:30:46 PM »
I am a watch aficionado for sure. I've bought and sold many.  I like the look and feel, I also appreciate the craftsmanship and movements.  This might sound obscure to many but it's just my thing. 

In terms of the price tag.  I've sold Hublot, Rolex, and AP and recovered almost all of what I spent.  Typically with these 3 brands of  timepieces you'll get 85-95% of what you spent.  If they don't make that model anymore you would make more.

does hublot use in-house movement

robcguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: March 19, 2018, 01:59:33 PM »
those rich guys are not your friends and are bothered that an aspiring getbigger can afford a luxury good

Hahaha