Author Topic: I am a physical wreck  (Read 25721 times)

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
Re: I am a physical wreck
« Reply #125 on: July 05, 2018, 04:08:41 PM »

"Safety fat" on human body don't exist , any fat is NOT healthy.

In reality , Cornutto could not sprint 100m  :D.

Are you saying that being at "zero" percent body fat is healthy?

There's a reason why your body likes fat and makes it so easy to get. Not the same with muscle.
Your body only wants the minimal amount of muscle that it needs and gets rid of it so easily.

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #126 on: July 05, 2018, 04:28:02 PM »
Visceral fat = DANGEROUS  ;)

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #127 on: July 05, 2018, 04:36:58 PM »
get yourself a pad of fluro pink post it notes and some long thumb tacs to mark your trail next time. My sister does this and does some crazy hikes in weird places.

Good tip. I worked one summer for the forest industry in BC. We used red ribbons to mark our route. I also used a compass effectively. It had a mirror on it. I also own a GPS unit but used it once. Ditto for gps on my phone. Used too much battery. The rock formation I was looking for stood out. Trouble was there was more than one similar formation. Easy to get lost in that thick forest. You know the direction you are heading but not the exact route.

Here is a photo of the rock formation and bush surrounding it.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #128 on: July 05, 2018, 04:48:28 PM »
"Safety fat" on human body don't exist , any fat is NOT healthy.

In reality , Cornutto could not sprint 100m  :D.

of course he could do such a sprint, but he would have a heart attack.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #129 on: July 05, 2018, 05:34:36 PM »
of course he could do such a sprint, but he would have a heart attack.

You guys wait until you get older. Unless you continue to do something you tend to lose that ability. No way I can do a sprint. I can’t spin in the discus like I used to. No doubt I could easily catch IC and make mincemeat out of him. By the way he said he would be in Tahiti for the pro surfing. A bs big mouth.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #130 on: July 05, 2018, 05:38:41 PM »

You guys wait until you get older. Unless you continue to do something you tend to lose that ability. No way I can do a sprint. I can’t spin in the discus like I used to. No doubt I could easily catch IC and make mincemeat out of him. By the way he said he would be in Tahiti for the pro surfing. A bs big mouth.

I assume training on the Bicep Supination Machine maintained your massive arm size and grip strength.
X

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #131 on: July 05, 2018, 05:41:22 PM »
VINCE, I love hiking and do it often, but why is it necessary to carry 25 pounds of photo gear unless you are shooting for National Geographic.

Even some of tose Lord of the Rings shots down New Zeland way were photographed with much lighter equiment.

I suggest that you consider a Hero GoPro 6 or some other lightwt device for your next treking adventure.

But I'd like to commend you about that shot of Zane standing on a hill with the beach in the background.   What lens/camera did you use?

I am into photography. So I have a Sony A7riii with 42 Mp. I want sharp photos with heaps of detail. So I carry telephoto lenses as well as others. The 600mm Canon lens weighs 13 pounds. I don’t carry it often, but when I do distant formations are captured in fine detail.

I found the Zane photo and put him on One Mile Beach at Forster north of Sydney. Big job because I added a shadow.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #132 on: July 05, 2018, 05:44:58 PM »
I assume training on the Bicep Supination Machine maintained your massive arm size and grip strength.

Supinator is great for biceps. Modified Nautilus for triceps. Neither do much for grip. Using a 9 inch angle grinder making gym equipment is great for grip strength.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #133 on: July 05, 2018, 06:46:30 PM »
Here is the forest I had to go through to get to the brown patch of heath on the ridge near the middle right. Didn't look that far from here. Slow moving because of rocks and slippery grass and debris. Hills are never easy going up. Not with a heavy back pack.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #134 on: July 05, 2018, 07:37:30 PM »
To reply to Stuntmovie re why I carry several heavy lenses and a bigger camera.

Here is a photo taken with the 400 mm lens. You can't get this view unless you trek to this lookout area.

This is a panorama of two photos stitched together.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #135 on: July 05, 2018, 07:38:32 PM »
Here is a crop of the panorama showing the full resolution and hence more detail which is what I want.

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: July 06, 2018, 01:18:05 AM »

Are you THREATENING ME ?.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #137 on: July 06, 2018, 02:27:33 AM »

Are you THREATENING ME ?.

What a dope you are.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #138 on: July 06, 2018, 02:33:02 AM »
VINCE, No geologist here but those are some interesting rock formations and not at all similar to Hawaii 'rocks".

I assume that 'island' was not formed by volcano activity.

Have any of the major motion picture companies ever used that terraine for any motion pictures we might have seen.

My nephew was involved in some of the major rustic scenes that were shot in New Zealand for those Lord of the Rings films which involved a lot of expensive helicopter flights, but now you can shoot those same scenes cheaply with a pro 'video' camera and a top notch drone.

Have you ever considered shooting 4K videos using a drone for that rustic terraine?

chrisbro

• Getbig III
« Reply #139 on: July 06, 2018, 02:38:04 AM »
Shows what a simpleton you are. I seldom have pasta and almost never drink alcohol.

I carry some safety fat on an otherwise muscular body. Solid and strong.

The parents of a mate once remarked, "Vince is a fine figure of a man!" That is still true.

Look at the guys here falling apart while still relatively young. I go on hikes by myself in the hills carrying 40 pounds of camera gear.

stop lying to yourself. you are fat & overweight. can't believe you write this shit.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #140 on: July 06, 2018, 03:25:31 AM »
VINCE, No geologist here but those are some interesting rock formations and not at all similar to Hawaii 'rocks".

I assume that 'island' was not formed by volcano activity.

Have any of the major motion picture companies ever used that terraine for any motion pictures we might have seen.

My nephew was involved in some of the major rustic scenes that were shot in New Zealand for those Lord of the Rings films which involved a lot of expensive helicopter flights, but now you can shoot those same scenes cheaply with a pro 'video' camera and a top notch drone.

Have you ever considered shooting 4K videos using a drone for that rustic terraine?

Australia is mostly sandstone. There was plenty of volcanic activity down the east coast to Tasmania that formed mountains.

I haven’t considered a drone. If you search YouTube there are many 4K videos of Australia.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #141 on: July 06, 2018, 03:29:13 AM »
Nice pics, Vince.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #142 on: July 06, 2018, 03:39:45 AM »
Nice pics, Vince.

X2, he found a nice passion

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #143 on: July 06, 2018, 04:21:22 AM »

What a dope you are.

Get real, U A delusional OLD man, today is 2018 NOT 1970  ::)

Guess WHO is paying me  ;D ;)

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #144 on: July 06, 2018, 04:22:06 AM »
Nice pics, Vince.

Thanks. Here is a photo self-taken with a remote on my camera up the hill. Took a lot of nerve to climb out there. 100 meter drop on three sides. I was there on my own late in the day. Took me several hours to hike back to my car and got there after 10 pm at night. I had a flashlight so it wasn't too bad. Backpack was digging into my shoulders so a really painful journey carrying the 35 pounds or so that day.

Hanging Rock is at Blackheath in the Blue Mountains near Sydney. 5 mile walk to the Rock.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #145 on: July 06, 2018, 04:22:57 AM »

Get real, U A delusional OLD man, today is 2018 NOT 1970  ::)

Guess WHO is paying me  ;D ;)

You are a simple patsy. Hope this helps!

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #146 on: July 06, 2018, 04:30:46 AM »
Thanks. Here is a photo self-taken with a remote on my camera up the hill. Took a lot of nerve to climb out there. 100 meter drop on three sides. I was there on my own late in the day. Took me several hours to hike back to my car and got there after 10 pm at night. I had a flashlight so it wasn't too bad. Backpack was digging into my shoulders so a really painful journey carrying the 35 pounds or so that day.

Hanging Rock is at Blackheath in the Blue Mountains near Sydney. 5 mile walk to the Rock.

Wow.

Did you jump across that crevasse?

You got more cojones than me.

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #147 on: July 06, 2018, 04:37:35 AM »
You are a simple patsy. Hope this helps!

Booooooooooooooring  ::)

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #148 on: July 06, 2018, 04:47:41 AM »
Wow.

Did you jump across that crevasse?

You got more cojones than me.

Yes but it is about a yard across. Big drop if you miss. That formation could collapse at any time. I saw a photo of someone sitting out there so I put it on my bucket list.

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #149 on: July 06, 2018, 05:28:13 AM »
Any grandma can make to the summit of Mt.Kosciusko (2228 m), the Top of Australia   8)
Great place for the Canonballing  :D