Author Topic: Senator Collins will vote to confirm Judge Kavanaugh  (Read 9485 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: Senator Collins will vote to confirm Judge Kavanaugh
« Reply #75 on: October 09, 2018, 04:29:42 PM »
Do they still have those "tent city" camps set up in Portland?

Yes. In fact, Portland has the moniker "Tent City, USA".

Kwon3

« Reply #76 on: October 09, 2018, 04:38:05 PM »
Yes. In fact, Portland has the moniker "Tent City, USA".
Says a lot about liberal cities run by Democrat governments, doesn't it? They're always shitholes.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: October 09, 2018, 05:22:02 PM »
Says a lot about liberal cities run by Democrat governments, doesn't it? They're always shitholes.

"Shithole" Portland is the 9th best big city in the U.S. according to Traveler.

It is #6 on USNEWS' best places to live in the U.S. in 2017

To say Portland is liberal is an understatement.

Kwon3

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: October 09, 2018, 05:34:30 PM »
uh huh
leave your ivory tower and bring a clipboard

Earlier today, I responded to a post that Portland is known as "tent city, USA". Your photo isn't revealing anything I don't already know. Apparently, tent people know the best city to live in too.  ;)

Your Ivory Tower analogy is hilarious and accurate. But this isn't anything folks here don't already know.

Kwon3

« Reply #80 on: October 09, 2018, 05:40:34 PM »
Earlier today, I responded to a post that Portland is known as "tent city, USA". Your photo isn't revealing anything I don't already know. Apparently, tent people know the best city to live in too.  ;)
How come they aren't all given an apartment to live in? Most liberals I know believe homelessness was created by Republican policies that only favor the rich. So how come Portland's budget doesn't include rent money for the housing impaired?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: October 09, 2018, 05:54:03 PM »
How come they aren't all given an apartment to live in? Most liberals I know believe homelessness was created by Republican policies that only favor the rich. So how come Portland's budget doesn't include rent money for the housing impaired?

This may happen sooner than imagined. For the past several years, Portland City Council has approved purchasing multi unit properties to convert to affordable housing for low income folks. Newly constructed high-end apartment/condo complexes are required to have a percentage of affordable housing.

Kwon3

« Reply #82 on: October 09, 2018, 05:56:57 PM »
This may happen sooner than imagined. For the past several years, Portland City Council has approved purchasing multi unit properties to convert to affordable housing for low income folks. Newly constructed high-end apartment/condo complexes are required to have a percentage of affordable housing.
I didn't say anything about affordable housing. The apartments should be free of charge, paid by those like you who can afford to subsidize them with your tax money. Why would they be forced to work if they don't want to? They're homeless. They probably can't keep jobs.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: October 09, 2018, 06:36:32 PM »
I didn't say anything about affordable housing. The apartments should be free of charge, paid by those like you who can afford to subsidize them with your tax money. Why would they be forced to work if they don't want to? They're homeless. They probably can't keep jobs.

Not all homeless people are unemployed. If someone cannot afford to pay anything, affordable housing means free housing.

Maybe I'm not as liberal as you think. My tax dollars already help purchase the properties. Rents are based on an individual's income, the lower that is, the lessor one pays in rent. It's likely some people qualify for rent free housing.

Kenton Women's Village

https://www.catholiccharitiesoregon.org/provide-shelter/kenton-womens-village/

Kwon3

« Reply #84 on: October 09, 2018, 06:38:19 PM »
Not all homeless people are unemployed. If someone cannot afford to pay anything, affordable housing means free housing.

Maybe I'm not as liberal as you think. My tax dollars already help purchase the properties. Rents are based on an individual's income, the lower that is, the lessor one pays in rent. It's likely some people qualify for rent free housing.

Kenton Women's Village

https://www.catholiccharitiesoregon.org/provide-shelter/kenton-womens-village/

quick changing the fucking subject: Will you take a tax hike to pay for their FREE brick & mortar heroin shacks or not? since you're liberal, the answer can only be yes
otherwise you're not a liberal

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: October 11, 2018, 12:11:10 AM »
quick changing the fucking subject: Will you take a tax hike to pay for their FREE brick & mortar heroin shacks or not? since you're liberal, the answer can only be yes
otherwise you're not a liberal

Guess what? Regardless of where you stand, your tax dollars will help fund public housing. That you don't like it makes no difference.

Kenton Women's Village is a Catholic charities project which is not limited to Portland, OR.

It is you who claims I am a liberal. Do you have absolute proof of this?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #86 on: May 03, 2022, 11:23:58 AM »
not sure where you're getting retribution from

I'm simply saying she's getting duped (or is deluding herself or is just plain fucking stupid)

Susan Collins has stated that she thinks Kavanaugh will uphold RvW

I think she's wrong

She said the same thing about Gorsuch and she's going to be proven wrong about that as well

bump for the obvious truth of my statement

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: May 03, 2022, 01:58:40 PM »
bump for the obvious truth of my statement
Dry your tears.