Author Topic: Sanctuary Cities  (Read 1135 times)

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
Sanctuary Cities
« on: July 04, 2019, 04:14:33 PM »
Good example about how it’s really just about vote buying. I’m in upstate NY for the Holiday and I see on the local news channel a bunch of libtard politicians going on about making the city of Troy a sanctuary city. Meanwhile, it’s blazing hot and they haven’t been able to get the public pools open there. Apparently  the operation of a swimming pool is beyond the capacity of the city.

Churchill: Another July Fourth with shuttered Troy pools

https://www.timesunion.com/7dayarchive/article/Churchill-Another-Fourth-with-shuttered-Troy-14069920.php

Troy set to vote on sanctuary city proposal | WRGB

http://cbs6albany.com/news/local/troys-sanctuary-city-proposal-becomes-fact-act

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: Sanctuary Cities
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2019, 05:05:47 PM »
Needles, CA is a sanctuary city.

FOR GUNS!!! :D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

tatoo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2019, 02:50:21 PM »
 I think they should send every single illegal to sanctuary cities and nowhere else in the country

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2019, 03:16:41 PM »
If I were mayor, I'd turn my city into one.  I'm sicking of cutting my lawn and don't want to pay premium prices.

^racist self post reported^

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2019, 10:22:46 AM »
If I were mayor, I'd turn my city into one.  I'm sicking of cutting my lawn and don't want to pay premium prices.

Great, another limousine liberal. We will all cut grass comrade.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2019, 10:59:30 AM »
I think they should send every single illegal to sanctuary cities and nowhere else in the country
The problem is keeping them there.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2019, 04:36:51 PM »

You are lazy and cheap. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2019, 03:12:53 PM »
So have we created a sub culture of second class citizens illegals who work for less pay, corps can pay less taxes, and only enjoy some of the rights of citizenship?   What percentage of the rights do they enjoy?  Is that a good enough trade off for cheaper goods and services?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2019, 03:18:02 PM »
So have we created a sub culture of second class citizens illegals who work for less pay, corps can pay less taxes, and only enjoy some of the rights of citizenship?   What percentage of the rights do they enjoy?  Is that a good enough trade off for cheaper goods and services?

They are not working for less than minimum wage.  What reliable proof do we have that they are being paid slave wages under the table en mass? 

We do have information showing illegals cost us billions in public assistance. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2019, 03:37:58 PM »
They are not working for less than minimum wage.  What reliable proof do we have that they are being paid slave wages under the table en mass? 

We do have information showing illegals cost us billions in public assistance. 

Not in favor of sanctuary cities.

I am not saying they are working for slave wages.

If they are undocumented workers it would be hard to find out what they get paid or if the company pays employer taxes.

I would suppose many employers aren't worried of any consequences of employing illegal aliens and do pay them wages.   Or are they all under the table?

If they pay taxes what's issue with public assistance?  Or do they not pay income taxes?

I think something needs to be done.  But I don't think its  a problem either party truly wants to address.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2019, 04:34:20 PM »
Not in favor of sanctuary cities.

I am not saying they are working for slave wages.

If they are undocumented workers it would be hard to find out what they get paid or if the company pays employer taxes.

I would suppose many employers aren't worried of any consequences of employing illegal aliens and do pay them wages.   Or are they all under the table?

If they pay taxes what's issue with public assistance?  Or do they not pay income taxes?

I think something needs to be done.  But I don't think its  a problem either party truly wants to address.

I think we are past the period where employers hired illegals with impunity.  For the first time in my lifetime, the government is cracking down on illegal aliens.  I don't know what is going on around the entire country, but I do know of a lot of companies who ensure they check the right blocks when hiring employees, including verifying citizenship. 

Love him or hate him, we have a guy in the White House trying to do something about it.  Congress isn't cooperating. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2019, 05:11:11 PM »
I think we are past the period where employers hired illegals with impunity.  For the first time in my lifetime, the government is cracking down on illegal aliens.  I don't know what is going on around the entire country, but I do know of a lot of companies who ensure they check the right blocks when hiring employees, including verifying citizenship. 

Love him or hate him, we have a guy in the White House trying to do something about it.  Congress isn't cooperating. 

I agree with that. Love or hate, or in my case dislike him, he is trying to do something about it. I just don’t think a wall is one of the answers.   I saw crack downs in the 80’s in Cali and in the early 90’s with proof of citizenship to get a job with a company I worked for then.  But since and including now I haven’t seen it.  Including the company I work for now.   Not to say that it isn’t happening elsewhere. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2019, 05:18:11 PM »
I agree with that. Love or hate, or in my case dislike him, he is trying to do something about it. I just don’t think a wall is one of the answers.   I saw crack downs in the 80’s in Cali and in the early 90’s with proof of citizenship to get a job with a company I worked for then.  But since and including now I haven’t seen it.  Including the company I work for now.   Not to say that it isn’t happening elsewhere. 

I'm sure some employers still hire illegals, but they are definitely underground and not a majority. 

I've gotten past my extreme dislike of Trump by focusing on what he has actually been doing as POTUS, instead of what he says.  He has been outstanding. 

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2019, 06:27:00 PM »
There was a cool chart on the breakdown of how much an illegal immigrant actually makes in benefits/social services + under the table cash vs the average working American. It's disturbing.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!