Author Topic: Coronavirus - Are you scared of it or not fearful?  (Read 14924 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: Coronavirus - Are you scared of it or not fearful?
« Reply #75 on: March 22, 2020, 02:12:36 PM »
Rory is parting with me.

I figure there are at least 100 real posters on getbig. I am giving each Getbigger $5.00, which will leave me with $500.00 left over for myself.

I think you meant partying, but you wrote parting. Freudian slip or bra and panties?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #76 on: March 22, 2020, 02:14:14 PM »
I think you meant partying, but you wrote parting. Freudian slip or bra and panties?

Yes, partying. Not a Freudian slip.

Rory and I are stronger than ever. COVID-19 has made our relationship stronger.
X

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: March 22, 2020, 02:16:32 PM »
Fear not, believe in Jesus Christ

Army of One

• Getbig V
Re: Am I The Only One Not Fearful of Covid 19?
« Reply #78 on: March 22, 2020, 02:32:06 PM »
Once again, intelligent discourse from Army of One.  ::) Come on. You can do better than this. Stop believe the mainstream media and use common sense.

There is no debate, if you are not fearful then you are one of the 2, no ifs or buts.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #79 on: March 22, 2020, 03:50:18 PM »

There’s too much debt in the system and it can’t be serviced. The only way to get rid of it is to inflate the currency. That’s what you’re seeing now. Liberty posted this link earlier. It was to show how bad things are in Italy because of Corona, but if you scan down you see the real reason for the panic.

Italy is going to issue bonds which the ECB is going to buy with money they print out of thin air. It’s not something that people who don’t have a business and economics background would pick up on.

All money is printed out of thin air and interest rates are essentially pulled out of thin air.

What do you mean by there being too much debt in the system that can't be serviced? As far as America goes, debt was basically keeping the economy afloat.  One of the things that was reportedly destabilizing the economy before the fed dropped interest rates to 0 was people attempting to pay off debt.

The amount of debt is going to skyrocket in the coming weeks.

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: March 22, 2020, 03:58:33 PM »
You can wash your hands for 20 seconds, scrubbing vigorously, before having any food or touching your face or after coming inside.

If the Chinese people, who live worse than pigs and pandas, did this, there would be no epidemic

There is no pandemic/epidemic, because CORONA is a HOAX

The Chinese have restarted thir economy and said if there is ever any biological attack it will comefrom america

Starbucks sent representatives to China last week and they will be opening 6000 stores in China from 2020 to 2022... Does that sound like they are concerned with a rogue disease???

Starbucks to have 6,000 stores in China by 2022

0 Comment(s)Print E-mail Xinhua, March 16, 2020

Starbucks has announced it would invest approximately 130 million U.S. dollars in China, aiming to have 6,000 stores in the country by 2022.

The investment will be applied for opening a state-of-the-art roasting facility in 2022 as part of its new Coffee Innovation Park (CIP), highlighting the company's ambition to further globalize its roasting network and reinforcing its strategic focus on the United States and China as its two lead growth markets, the company said in a press release.

As Starbucks' largest manufacturing investment outside of the United States and its first in Asia, the CIP will incorporate a roasting plant, warehouse and distribution center, creating jobs and new career opportunities that will further drive coffee manufacturing in China and lay a strong foundation for continued business growth and development in China, according to the company.
C

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #81 on: March 22, 2020, 04:06:00 PM »
At first, I bought into it like everybody else but when I started to see the responses which were so irrational considering the scope of the problem, I started to smell a rat and eventually I figured out what this is really about, an economic reset and global currency devaluation:

I know how this plays out. To justify these interventions, they’re going to have to artificially bump up the victim numbers to the point where somebody gets hit by a truck and turns out to have a positive corona test is said to have died of corona.

Senate closes in on trillion-dollar coronavirus stimulus bill | TheHill

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/488782-senate-closes-in-on-trillion-dollar-coronavirus-stimulus-bill

https://www.fxstreet.com/amp/news/ecbs-stimulus-package-lagardes-whatever-it-takes-moment-uob-202003200920

“In an unexpected move, unveiled late on Wednesday (18 March), the European Central Bank (ECB) announced a new EUR750bn bond-buying programme, called the Pandemic Emergency Purchase Programme (PEPP).”

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-china-economy-stimulus-exclusive-idUSKBN2161NW

BEIJING (Reuters) - China is set to unleash trillions of yuan of fiscal stimulus to revive an economy expected to shrink for the first time in four decades amid the coronavirus pandemic, while a planned growth target is likely to be cut, according to four policy sources.

So the 14,000 death toll is not real?  How many do you think have died from this?

irishdave

• Getbig V
  • It ain’t over ‘TIL it’s over
« Reply #82 on: March 22, 2020, 04:11:10 PM »
I am only scared of the banshee

The screams still give me nightmares to this day

I can still see her in my minds eye

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #83 on: March 22, 2020, 04:38:03 PM »
So the 14,000 death toll is not real?  How many do you think have died from this?

Dude, the average age of deceased in Italy is 81 and 99% had pre-existing health conditions.

You know, people actually did die before corona.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #84 on: March 22, 2020, 04:41:51 PM »
All money is printed out of thin air and interest rates are essentially pulled out of thin air.

What do you mean by there being too much debt in the system that can't be serviced? As far as America goes, debt was basically keeping the economy afloat.  One of the things that was reportedly destabilizing the economy before the fed dropped interest rates to 0 was people attempting to pay off debt.

The amount of debt is going to skyrocket in the coming weeks.

Come on Al. You’re a smart guy. You know you just can’t print unlimited amounts of money without there being hyper inflation. How could they get away with printing $2 trillion without some sort of bullshit crisis to be used as a pretext?

Stimulus package could top $2 trillion as negotiators look to clear final major hurdles - CNNPolitics

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/21/politics/stimulus-package-negotiations-congress-coronavirus/index.html

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: March 22, 2020, 05:05:15 PM »
I was in a good position to see it out and eventually do really well for myself, but seeing how retarded some people have been in the way they're treating others, my inner cuck has shifted my thoughts to see what I can do to help.

If I catch the virus  and recover with immunity built in, I'll be shifting my attention more to helping others through it, even if that means stacking shelves or just delivering food.

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: March 22, 2020, 06:03:02 PM »
Which states are all the gyms still open?

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: March 22, 2020, 06:07:25 PM »
My gym is open

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: March 22, 2020, 08:13:29 PM »
I found a private gym that is still open. I had to pay a few bucks for access though

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: March 22, 2020, 08:14:19 PM »

Dude, the average age of deceased in Italy is 81 and 99% had pre-existing health conditions.

You know, people actually did die before corona.

3/22/2020
33,546 Corona cases in the USA
419 deaths

419/33,546 = .01 death ratio  ???

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #90 on: March 22, 2020, 08:30:20 PM »
Stimulus package could top $2 trillion as negotiators look to clear final major hurdles - CNNPolitics

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/21/politics/stimulus-package-negotiations-congress-coronavirus/index.html

1.5T i believe is for Q2 only which is 9% of GDP. Still Q3 and Q4 to cover which i would expect will be significantly larger.

US M3 is somewhere around 15.5T so it's approx 10% currency inflation first round

Last decade averaged annual currency printing around 5%.

1970s and 1980s the average was 15%.

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: March 22, 2020, 10:37:59 PM »

3/22/2020
419 deaths

and don't forget.. thats of KNOWN cases... how many people get sick, stay home and recover... never being tested

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #92 on: March 23, 2020, 12:19:12 AM »

3/22/2020
419 deaths

But the concern is not just about the death rate,  it's about the transmission rate, the hospitalization rate and unknowns about immunity. Covid 19 can incubate for more than 2 weeks, while most flu strains incubate for about 3 days. That makes it a lot more contagious.  That's why we keep hearing those astronomical numbers  about how basically everyone  in the world is going to get infected. The thing is, even if the death rate is low, if the infection rate is high enough, it's still a whole lot of deaths. And even if someone doesn't die from covid, if they have a serious case, they are taking up hospital resources. And the more cases a hospital has to deal with, the more susceptible the staff becomes.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: March 23, 2020, 01:14:55 AM »
But the concern is not just about the death rate,  it's about the transmission rate, the hospitalization rate and unknowns about immunity. Covid 19 can incubate for more than 2 weeks, while most flu strains incubate for about 3 days. That makes it a lot more contagious.  That's why we keep hearing those astronomical numbers  about how basically everyone  in the world is going to get infected. The thing is, even if the death rate is low, if the infection rate is high enough, it's still a whole lot of deaths. And even if someone doesn't die from covid, if they have a serious case, they are taking up hospital resources. And the more cases a hospital has to deal with, the more susceptible the staff becomes.

Al serious question, whats better saving lives in the short term or creating more deaths via the economic fallout?

This is a mess no matter how you look at it.

I get why we want/need to slow this thing down but the reality is this is a freight train with no breaks: every one is going to be infected, we have limited supplies for those infected, we have media/leadership induced panic and fear with no clear, or even truthful, answers, and we kept hearing about a new celebrity/athlete/politician testing positive but the death toll keeps climbing while they recover.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #94 on: March 23, 2020, 01:49:00 AM »
Al serious question, whats better saving lives in the short term or creating more deaths via the economic fallout?

This is a mess no matter how you look at it.

I get why we want/need to slow this thing down but the reality is this is a freight train with no breaks: every one is going to be infected, we have limited supplies for those infected, we have media/leadership induced panic and fear with no clear, or even truthful, answers, and we kept hearing about a new celebrity/athlete/politician testing positive but the death toll keeps climbing while they recover.

It is a mess. I agree with that. I think the reaction of political leaders has been unbelievable- in the sense that 3 months ago, I would never have imagined widespread, international lockdowns would even be considered a possibility. At the same time, I'm not sure what I would do if I was leading. I don't think it's accurate to say that there's nothing to worry about because the death toll hasn't been that extreme (yet) or because it's  disproportionately affecting olds. I think  when people say that, it obscures what the entire picture is. There are a lot of moving parts and the logistics of what COULD happen are sort of a nightmare.

Elizabeth has been touting a conspiracy theory in several different threads, and on its face, I actually don't think it's that crazy compared to some of the conspiracy theories people have come up with.  I think the major flaw with it is that there's not a realistic upside... there's no reason any economy would choose to reset in this way. Definitely not every economy in the world. There's no getting around the fact that even if this thing only goes on for 3 weeks (which is super-optimistic) ,the economy is going to be worse off for everyone, all the way around.

When I point out that there are legitimate reasons (even though they may not be the best reasons) for this course of action, it isn't so much that I'm trying to defend it, but more that I'm trying to understand it, too. This is a frustrating time for me on a personal level and on a business level. I was working on a few time sensitive projects that are either up in the air or scrapped entirely.  

On a personal level,  I live in NYC, my mother lives in another part of the country. Where she lives, there's far less population density, but none of her kids are there with her. She is in an age group that is more vulnerable and has a pre-existing medical condition.  I keep thinking to myself "What is the best option?" On one hand, I wish she was with one of us, but all of her kids live in large cities. We probably don't have much to worry about, but she'd be more at risk  in a place that is a covid hotspot. I could  go there, but on the same hand,if I'm carrying the virus or pick it up on my way there, that could be creating unnecessary risk for her.  So, yeah, I see both sides of it. I  can't believe that gov is basically trying to shut the economy down for an undisclosed period of time, but I also understand that there are a  lot of unknowns and I don't think taking precautions is completely baseless.

harmankardon1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #95 on: March 23, 2020, 07:42:42 AM »
It is a mess. I agree with that. I think the reaction of political leaders has been unbelievable- in the sense that 3 months ago, I would never have imagined widespread, international lockdowns would even be considered a possibility. At the same time, I'm not sure what I would do if I was leading. I don't think it's accurate to say that there's nothing to worry about because the death toll hasn't been that extreme (yet) or because it's  disproportionately affecting olds. I think  when people say that, it obscures what the entire picture is. There are a lot of moving parts and the logistics of what COULD happen are sort of a nightmare.

Elizabeth has been touting a conspiracy theory in several different threads, and on its face, I actually don't think it's that crazy compared to some of the conspiracy theories people have come up with.  I think the major flaw with it is that there's not a realistic upside... there's no reason any economy would choose to reset in this way. Definitely not every economy in the world. There's no getting around the fact that even if this thing only goes on for 3 weeks (which is super-optimistic) ,the economy is going to be worse off for everyone, all the way around.

When I point out that there are legitimate reasons (even though they may not be the best reasons) for this course of action, it isn't so much that I'm trying to defend it, but more that I'm trying to understand it, too. This is a frustrating time for me on a personal level and on a business level. I was working on a few time sensitive projects that are either up in the air or scrapped entirely.  

On a personal level,  I live in NYC, my mother lives in another part of the country. Where she lives, there's far less population density, but none of her kids are there with her. She is in an age group that is more vulnerable and has a pre-existing medical condition.  I keep thinking to myself "What is the best option?" On one hand, I wish she was with one of us, but all of her kids live in large cities. We probably don't have much to worry about, but she'd be more at risk  in a place that is a covid hotspot. I could  go there, but on the same hand,if I'm carrying the virus or pick it up on my way there, that could be creating unnecessary risk for her.  So, yeah, I see both sides of it. I  can't believe that gov is basically trying to shut the economy down for an undisclosed period of time, but I also understand that there are a  lot of unknowns and I don't think taking precautions is completely baseless.

Yeah leave her be she'll be alright...

My 89 year old granny was telling me today she's staying in the house, not taking visitors, I could tell she was happy about it tbh, she likes to just chill out in the house lol...

I'm the only person she will see now as I am building a rod in her garage.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #96 on: March 23, 2020, 07:47:19 AM »
If ignorance is bliss, California is at about 75% full on fappiness.

As for me and mine?  We are Conservative and try to look at this realistically, i.e., it's not that bad and thank goodness we're not importing a bunch more turd-worlders to fuck us over.

If anything, I hope this is the end of all things for the turd world.

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: March 23, 2020, 07:55:51 AM »
Yes, partying. Not a Freudian slip.

Rory and I are stronger than ever. COVID-19 has made our relationship stronger.

Democrats do not fear cheap hotel rooms and viruses !

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: March 23, 2020, 08:20:48 AM »
it's not that bad and thank goodness we're not importing a bunch more turd-worlders to fuck us over.

If anything, I hope this is the end of all things for the turd world.

O RLY?

https://cis.org/Rush/Refugees-Are-Being-Resettled-Despite-Outbreak

Refugees Are Being Resettled Despite the Coronavirus Outbreak

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: March 23, 2020, 08:24:03 AM »

We all take a haircut on our money. Your $10 bill becomes 9 or 8.50. It still says 10 but you can buy 10-15% less with it. It’s essentially a back door form of taxation. Instead of taking your money via taxation they make the money you have worth less.

The same thing is happening here. Where do you think the government is going to get that $2 trillion for the stimulus?

Make sense?

I'm not trying to be a pain here.. but something's not adding up

Why are all the commodities (which represent real value, lets leave out gold for now) been crushed down to zero if all of this is inflationary ?

Why is the dollar the strongest currency around right now if this is so inflationary ?

Why are US government bonds down to zero and people actually buying them if it's all so inflationary ?