Author Topic: Trump v. Biden 2020  (Read 37115 times)

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Trump v. Biden 2020
« Reply #350 on: November 02, 2020, 04:44:52 PM »
Experts on both political sides say Biden's corporate tax proposal is 'problematic'

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/why-experts-on-both-political-sides-say-bidens-corporate-tax-proposal-is-problematic-153825021.html

I am not going to read it, but of course it is a problem.  It will result in people losing jobs, us paying more more for things and companies leaving again, just to name a few.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #351 on: November 02, 2020, 08:50:01 PM »
Final Predictions? 

I hope we are smart enough not to elect Biden.  I do think Trump will win.  I hope I'm right.

I hope pollsters have learned from 2016 and adjusted f0r the error. If so, Biden wins. If not, Trump wins. I hope you're wrong... :)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #352 on: November 02, 2020, 09:12:49 PM »
Bill Garrett predicted that “an ‘excuse’ will be found to prevent any debates.”

Garrett, a former Wilmette resident now living in Lake Tahoe, Nevada, added, “There will be no election. The Democratic cities are in chaos. Riots. Destroyed tax base. Highway shootings. Basic services attacked. They are war zones. By October, these will seem like the good old days.”

I hope Bill Garrett didn't quite his day job

btw - who the fuck is Bill Garrett

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #353 on: November 02, 2020, 09:53:53 PM »
I hope pollsters have learned from 2016 and adjusted f0r the error. If so, Biden wins. If not, Trump wins. I hope you're wrong... :)

They definitely have not learned their lesson.  I was just looking at a number of polls that show Biden with an 11 or 12 point national lead and huge leads in battle ground states.  No way are those polls accurate. 

Regardless of the outcome, predicting some Biden blowout is pretty crazy.  The lack of enthusiasm for Biden and incredible enthusiasm for Trump are at levels that I'm not sure I've ever seen.  The crowds Trump is drawing are off the chain. 

I think if Robert Cahaly and the Trafalagar Group nail tomorrow like they did 2016 they are going to supplant Nate Silver and 538 as the go-to pollsters. 

But we'll know whether the polls are wrong (again) pretty soon. 

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #354 on: November 02, 2020, 10:24:49 PM »
They definitely have not learned their lesson.  I was just looking at a number of polls that show Biden with an 11 or 12 point national lead and huge leads in battle ground states.  No way are those polls accurate. 

Regardless of the outcome, predicting some Biden blowout is pretty crazy.  The lack of enthusiasm for Biden and incredible enthusiasm for Trump are at levels that I'm not sure I've ever seen.  The crowds Trump is drawing are off the chain. 

I think if Robert Cahaly and the Trafalagar Group nail tomorrow like they did 2016 they are going to supplant Nate Silver and 538 as the go-to pollsters. 

Just my opinion here, I am not being argumentative, just having a conversation is that the lack of enthusiasm for Biden will be offset by the amount of disgust for Trump. I know several people that were chomping at the bits to get their Biden votes in the day early voting opened, not because they thought Biden was exciting, they just thought Trump was horrible.

Like someone else said, anyone predicating a blowout either way was born after 2016. But at this point I'd rather have Biden leading in most major polls than behind. So I gesso I can't complain. But I'm certainly not thinking its a done deal. 

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #355 on: November 02, 2020, 10:35:59 PM »

In 2016 Trump won 8% of the black vote (Bush got 8% in 2000).

I predict that Trump wins 18% of the black vote (Bush got 12% in 2004).  That 18% would be nearly 2M more votes.

Polls are predicting that Trump gets 5-6% of the black vote.  Most pollsters are not ready for prime time, but there might be a John Belushi among them.

We'll see.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #356 on: November 02, 2020, 11:15:32 PM »
Just my opinion here, I am not being argumentative, just having a conversation is that the lack of enthusiasm for Biden will be offset by the amount of disgust for Trump. I know several people that were chomping at the bits to get their Biden votes in the day early voting opened, not because they thought Biden was exciting, they just thought Trump was horrible.

Like someone else said, anyone predicating a blowout either way was born after 2016. But at this point I'd rather have Biden leading in most major polls than behind. So I gesso I can't complain. But I'm certainly not thinking its a done deal.

Disclaimers aren't really necessary.  This is an opinion board. 

One of the things you might be missing are the millions of voters like me who did not vote for him in 2016 will be voting for him this time around. 

Running against Trump because of "Orange Man Bad" isn't going to carry Joe "Weekend At Bernie's" Biden across the finish line.  Biden is an absolutely terrible candidate.  Keep in mind Democrats rejected him twice already.  They were rejecting him for a third time early this year and only got behind him when they were afraid that Bernie was going to run away with the nomination. 

And I know people vote the top of the ticket, but he picked a horrendous VP.  Kamala Harris was crowned as the frontrunner when the race started.  She got 844 votes before dropping out.  This might be the worst ticket I've ever seen.

Aside from true believers, nobody is excited about Joe Biden. 

Then there is his obvious steep mental decline.  Maybe I'm in denial, but I just don't think people are going to put someone who is clearly having severe cognitive problems in the White House. 

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #357 on: November 03, 2020, 06:55:13 AM »
TONE DEAF

"Hey, this is Lady Gaga. I'm voting for America, which means I'm voting for Joe Biden," she opens the video by saying. "And if you live in Minnesota, Pennsylvania, Georgia, Michigan, Florida, or Arizona, I encourage you to vote," she continues, in an obvious attempt to drum up support in swing states.

"Cheers to the 2020 election," she says after taking a drink from her beer and then slamming the can on the ground."

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #358 on: November 03, 2020, 05:41:49 PM »
Final Predictions? 

I hope we are smart enough not to elect Biden.  I do think Trump will win.  I hope I'm right.
Most normal, sane people hope you are right. Be safe, wherever you are. ;)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #359 on: November 03, 2020, 05:44:12 PM »
Most normal, sane people hope you are right. Be safe, wherever you are. ;)

except the majority of this country isn't sane so.....

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #360 on: November 03, 2020, 08:14:09 PM »
Disclaimers aren't really necessary.  This is an opinion board. 

One of the things you might be missing are the millions of voters like me who did not vote for him in 2016 will be voting for him this time around. 

Running against Trump because of "Orange Man Bad" isn't going to carry Joe "Weekend At Bernie's" Biden across the finish line.  Biden is an absolutely terrible candidate.  Keep in mind Democrats rejected him twice already.  They were rejecting him for a third time early this year and only got behind him when they were afraid that Bernie was going to run away with the nomination. 

And I know people vote the top of the ticket, but he picked a horrendous VP.  Kamala Harris was crowned as the frontrunner when the race started.  She got 844 votes before dropping out.  This might be the worst ticket I've ever seen.

Aside from true believers, nobody is excited about Joe Biden. 

Then there is his obvious steep mental decline.  Maybe I'm in denial, but I just don't think people are going to put someone who is clearly having severe cognitive problems in the White House.

I would pit any percieved mental decline against an ingrained narcissitic personality any day. but its 11:10 in Florida and its anybody's game here.

edit_ apparently florida went trump

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #361 on: November 04, 2020, 06:17:15 PM »
I would pit any percieved mental decline against an ingrained narcissitic personality any day. but its 11:10 in Florida and its anybody's game here.

edit_ apparently florida went trump

Darn....do you think it will make any difference when all is said and done?

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #362 on: November 04, 2020, 08:03:59 PM »
Darn....do you think it will make any difference when all is said and done?

In what sense do you mean. Florida leaning Trump or who is President at the end?

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #363 on: November 04, 2020, 08:56:11 PM »

In what sense do you mean. Florida leaning Trump or who is President at the end?

I think Texas is more in play going forward than Florida.  Which is a good trade for dems as Texas has more electoral votes. 

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #364 on: November 04, 2020, 10:16:28 PM »
woooshhh

Body-Buildah

• Getbig V
  • Creepy Joe Touches Kids
« Reply #365 on: November 05, 2020, 01:24:54 AM »
Jo Jorgensen for the win!!  ::)

Eldon

• Getbig III
« Reply #366 on: November 05, 2020, 01:39:17 AM »
William Bradley from Wayne County, Michigan, voted for Joe Biden. William Bradley died in 1984.

118 year old “William Bradley” voted via absentee ballot in Wayne County, Michigan. William Bradley died in 1984.

https://noqreport.com/2020/11/05/william-bradley-from-wayne-county-michigan-voted-for-joe-biden-william-bradley-died-in-1984/

Eldon

• Getbig III
« Reply #367 on: November 05, 2020, 03:11:59 AM »
Trump Ballots being BURNED!! Twitter removed this video!

&feature=youtu.be

Body-Buildah

• Getbig V
  • Creepy Joe Touches Kids
« Reply #368 on: November 05, 2020, 03:56:18 AM »
This clever feller would be easy to track/find by GOOG if they really wanted him. But we know GOOG.  ::)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #369 on: November 05, 2020, 04:15:10 AM »

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #370 on: November 05, 2020, 06:09:37 PM »
woooshhh

Can this be real?  They gave Biden this state already?

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #371 on: November 05, 2020, 06:18:30 PM »
Can this be real?  They gave Biden this state already?

It was the screenshot from the count of Michigan when 81/83 reported but AP news/yahoo/MSM all had MORE votes counted for the state of MI , than MI did itself... and those votes according to the MSM were for biden.

Its like somehow the MSM new before the board of elections actually counting the votes..lol

MI has since updated the website to reflect what they were told to put the votes at now

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #372 on: November 05, 2020, 06:24:17 PM »
wow.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #373 on: November 06, 2020, 10:44:35 AM »

The polls were wrong .
In a deeply divided and diverse electorate it may be impossible for national polls to be accurate .
You were absolutely correct about this being a close race.
Most on my side were too optimistic about the mythical blue landslide.

Biden will eek out a close, hard fought win, but the nation remains as divided as ever.
I'm happy that "Uncle Joe" will win , but I hope he avoids being pushed, too far left.
The country is too divided to generate much congressional consensus for extremes  now.

Perhaps, you can join me in a future , civil political discourse on this forum.

Stay safe ;)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #374 on: November 06, 2020, 02:05:15 PM »