Author Topic: Jon Bon Jovi shows off "muscular physique!"  (Read 5176 times)

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Re: Jon Bon Jovi shows off "muscular physique!"
« Reply #50 on: September 09, 2020, 07:39:07 PM »
Prime-era Jon Bovi was Chick Metal-lite.

Anthemic cheese with sprinklings of cringe-inducing balladry.

Since those days, his music has deteriorated into watery, unfocused, and, most recently, pandering, horseshit.

(The available songs from the upcoming release are wretched.)

He’s got a killer guitarist, Phil X, he doesn’t utilize, and a dead-weight collaborator/producer/guitarist partner, John Shanks, dragging everything down that much further.

Richie Sambora knew it was time to bail, even though it was serval years too late. And even though Phil X, from a technical standpoint, plays circles around him, Richie was a very important component to the “real” Bon Jovi sound.

I don’t know why I’m even bothering with all this.

Never was a fan.

Thats why I've never heard of you yet everyone knows him. 2020 and we still have no names bagging on famous people who made their bones with multi platinum albums

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #51 on: September 09, 2020, 08:05:11 PM »

Since those days, his music has deteriorated into watery, unfocused, and, most recently, pandering, horseshit.

He’s got a killer guitarist, Phil X, he doesn’t utilize, and a dead-weight collaborator/producer/guitarist partner, John Shanks, dragging everything down that much further.

Richie Sambora knew it was time to bail, even though it was serval years too late. And even though Phil X, from a technical standpoint, plays circles around him, Richie was a very important component to the “real” Bon Jovi sound.

Never was a fan.

Rich wrote most of their hits. Yes, he was the Bon Jovi sound. Bon Jovi before fame has a relative working in a recording studio. Richie was a local legend in the shore rock circuit prior to the band and that's when Bon Jovi seek him out. Truth be told in his prime Richie had better vocals than Bon Jovi but  Bon Jovi had the studio connection. Sometimes the best technique musicians have no talent to entertain. Same as people with English doctorates. They can write technically perfect English but they have no creative talent to come up with creative ideas for a novel. That makes some players master players for some but in reality have no talent because they can't come up with their own songs that entertain the people so they play like a high school kid playing tab  to their favorite group.  No creativity equals a useless player reading music or tab. Yes they play perfectly but create nothing. It's the creativity that produces a lasting legend. Playing perfect is like a yawn. Who cares?

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: September 09, 2020, 08:15:04 PM »
Rich wrote most of their hits. Yes, he was the Bon Jovi sound. Bon Jovi before fame has a relative working in a recording studio. Richie was a local legend in the shore rock circuit prior to the band and that's when Bon Jovi seek him out. Truth be told in his prime Richie had better vocals than Bon Jovi but  Bon Jovi had the studio connection. Sometimes the best technique musicians have no talent to entertain. Same as people with English doctorates. They can write technically perfect English but they have no creative talent to come up with creative ideas for a novel. That makes some players master players for some but in reality have no talent because they can't come up with their own songs that entertain the people so they play like a high school kid playing tab  to their favorite group.  No creativity equals a useless player reading music or tab. Yes they play perfectly but create nothing. It's the creativity that produces a lasting legend. Playing perfect is like a yawn. Who cares?

The consensus is John and rich were 50-50. If you have something different I would love to read it

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: September 09, 2020, 11:03:02 PM »
Thats why I've never heard of you yet everyone knows him. 2020 and we still have no names bagging on famous people who made their bones with multi platinum albums

Take a few deep breaths, moron.

He’s extraordinarily successful. I take nothing from him in this.

Doesn’t mean I cannot critique his work or state I’m not a fan.

Go listen to Slippery When Wet and settle down.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #54 on: September 09, 2020, 11:47:28 PM »

Kinda agree.
Problem is that often these "soulless" ones have the highest drive to produce "inane material".

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: September 10, 2020, 03:58:16 AM »
Ritchie pulled better tail.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #56 on: September 10, 2020, 05:57:12 AM »
Those guys all together had a synergy.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #57 on: September 10, 2020, 06:49:07 AM »
Those guys all together had a synergy.

Same synergy like us Getbiggers!

What would we be without Wes, Soulcrusher, IroNat, Army, Frenzy, Arvilla, Matt C et al?
Q

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: September 10, 2020, 07:58:02 AM »

Never was a fan.

Is there any noticeable difference?

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: September 10, 2020, 04:14:33 PM »
Is there any noticeable difference?

Not within Jon Bovi, no.