Author Topic: Trump paid NO TAXES in 10 of last 15 Years Due to Business Failures  (Read 4642 times)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Re: Trump paid NO TAXS in 10 of last 15 Years Due to Business Failures
« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2020, 07:46:08 AM »
Harry Reid is back after saying Romney didn't pay his taxes.

It's called tax advantaged assets....depreciation of real estate - and it's the reason that anyone with high income gets into investing in real estate.

Indeed, and high income people including Mitt Romney do the same with stocks and retirement accounts too:

"Tax-loss harvesting is a strategy that can help investors minimize any taxes they may owe on capital gains or their regular income. It can also improve overall investment returns. As a strategy, tax-loss harvesting involves selling an investment that has lost value, replacing it with a reasonably similar investment, and then using the investment sold at a loss to offset any realized gains."
https://www.investopedia.com/articles/taxes/08/tax-loss-harvesting.asp

"A Roth IRA conversion is a transfer of retirement assets from a Traditional, SEP, or SIMPLE IRA into a Roth IRA, which creates a taxable event. A Roth IRA conversion can be advantageous for individuals with large traditional IRA accounts who expect their future tax bills to stay at the same level or grow at the time they plan to start withdrawing from their tax-advantaged account, as a Roth IRA allows for tax-free withdrawals of qualified distributions."
https://www.investopedia.com/terms/i/iraconversion.asp

"Reports that Mitt Romney has millions of dollars in his IRA caught the attention of media over the years, primarily those who continue to question how one was able to accumulate so much wealth in an IRA.  It is estimated that Mr. Romney has between $20.7 and $101.6 million in an IRA account, a big chunk of his fortune."
https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbesfinancecouncil/2018/08/03/mitt-romneys-retirement-account-makes-case-for-roth-iras/#7284be61215a

JAGO

• Getbig IV
  • Biden/Harris 2020
« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2020, 08:18:43 AM »
get over your self  only little people pay tax

True dat - Trump nation!

Oh, there is a debate tomorrow- will don get coked up for this one?

J

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2020, 09:15:22 AM »
Enjoy four more years of Trump. He used every legal means to pay the minimum amount of taxes like everyone does. If Democrats don’t like the tax code they should have changed it under eight years of Obama or Bill Clinton.  They didn’t because they all use the business losses to write off taxes.  Yes Trumps businesses had major losses but even with the losses he’s still a billionaire.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #53 on: September 28, 2020, 09:21:54 AM »
Enjoy four more years of Trump. He used every legal means to pay the minimum amount of taxes like everyone does. If Democrats don’t like the tax code they should have changed it under eight years of Obama or Bill Clinton.  They didn’t because they all use the business losses to write off taxes.  Yes Trumps businesses had major losses but even with the losses he’s still a billionaire.

And still the president of the most powerful nation in the world, after mopping the floor with both the Bush and Clinton dynasties.

JAGO

• Getbig IV
  • Biden/Harris 2020
« Reply #54 on: September 28, 2020, 10:17:15 AM »
JAGO,

With all due respect, taxes are for W2 employees.

If you own your own business or live off of passive income, you shouldn't have to pay more than 15% at best (more times than not, you pay nothing).

Shit, depending on the type of business (say a property management company), you not only pay NO taxes, but possibly get money in return.

Trump isn't an idiot.

"1"

You really have no idea as to what you are talking about. Its ok.

J

JAGO

• Getbig IV
  • Biden/Harris 2020
« Reply #55 on: September 28, 2020, 10:19:15 AM »

Just a desperate attempt to get some votes for Biden in the election that is taking place in 6 weeks.

Biden must be losing badly if they are still talking this tax BS after a global pandemic & nationwide rioting

Biden is weak and has nothing to offer this country

That's right, everyone is out to get poor misunderstood donny. ::)

J

JAGO

• Getbig IV
  • Biden/Harris 2020
« Reply #56 on: September 28, 2020, 10:20:39 AM »
BREAKING: Wealthy individual uses legal methods to avoid giving up his hard-earned money to the IRS.

Well its official, YOU are the biggest idiot on this board and boy oh boy does that say a lot.

J

JAGO

• Getbig IV
  • Biden/Harris 2020
« Reply #57 on: September 28, 2020, 10:23:35 AM »
"The New York Times Co. paid no federal taxes in 2017, despite earning $111 million that year."

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/fedex-tax-break-fedex-ceo-fred-smith-challenges-new-york-times-leaders-to-debate-over-tax-claims/?__twitter_impression=true#app

Obvisously they had losses and posted them against income. However, THEY DID NOT STEAL $193+ MILLION BY CHEATING AND HAVE NEVER CLAIMED TO BE BUSINESS GENIUSES.

SORRY,

J

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
Re: Trump paid NO TAXES in 10 of last 15 Years Due to Business Failures
« Reply #58 on: September 28, 2020, 10:33:23 AM »
4 consecutive post meltdown.
Y

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #59 on: September 28, 2020, 10:42:27 AM »

J

lol.....then explain it to him Mr. “I graduated from Cornell” If anyone on here gets it, It’s OMR.

basil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #60 on: September 28, 2020, 10:56:06 AM »
Lol this is perfect.  Exactly the type of responses i was expecting.😆  Hook, line and sinker.

JAGO

• Getbig IV
  • Biden/Harris 2020
« Reply #61 on: September 28, 2020, 12:38:40 PM »
A bombshell New York Times investigation has offered the most conclusive proof yet that US President Donald Trump's business empire is nowhere near as successful as he claims. Trump has for years cited his business acumen as a defining trait, and one that gave him an advantage over others seeking the presidency.

"I did a lot of great deals, and I did them early and young. And now I'm building all over the world, and I love what I'm doing," he said when he announced his presidential bid in June 2015. "I'm really proud of my success. I really am."

But that picture has been complicated in the years since the former host of "The Apprentice" was catapulted into the political spotlight. News reports have drawn attention to Trump's history of corporate bankruptcy and the outsized role his father played in his financial success.

On Sunday, the New York Times published the deepest dive ever into the US president's finances, citing detailed tax records that the newspaper says "portray a businessman who takes in hundreds of millions of dollars a year yet racks up chronic losses."

The tax returns for Mr. Trump and hundreds of his businesses reveal the hollowness, but also the wizardry, of the self-made-billionaire image honed through 'The Apprentice,'" the Times concluded. "They demonstrate that he was far more successful playing a business mogul than being one in real life."

Trump on Sunday denied the New York Times story and claimed that he pays "a lot" in federal income taxes. "I pay a lot, and I pay a lot in state income taxes," he said. A lawyer for the Trump Organization, which manages the president's family businesses, told the Times that "most, if not all, of the facts appear to be inaccurate."

Here's a look at what the Times investigation revealed:

Trump paid no or little federal income taxes for years- According to the Times, he paid no federal income taxes in 11 out of 18 years the newspaper examined. He also managed to pay federal income taxes of just $750 in each of the first two years of his presidency, 2016 and 2017. The report shed some light on how this was able to happen, namely by the way his businesses reported their earnings.

Throughout his career, Mr. Trump's business losses have often accumulated in sums larger than could be used to reduce taxes on other income in a single year," the Times reported. "But the tax code offers a workaround: With some restrictions, business owners can carry forward leftover losses to reduce taxes in future years."

Many of his businesses are burning huge piles of cash - According to the investigation, some of Trump's companies are doing well and profitable; others, not so much. Some of his best-known ventures "report losing millions, if not tens of millions, of dollars year after year," according to the Times. That includes his famous golf courses — which have reportedly racked up at least $315 million in losses over the past two decades.

For example, Trump's golf resorts at Turnberry and Aberdeen in Scotland lost over £11.8 million ($15.2 million) in 2018, company records show, and lost money the previous year too. British labor union RMT said Friday that Trump now plans to lay off up to 80 workers at Turnberry, or roughly 17% of its workforce, and cut salaries and working hours despite receiving UK government wage subsidies during the pandemic -Trump Turnberry did not respond to a request for comment on RMT's claims.

Trump Tower in New York is a major moneymaker - The storied skyscraper, which sits on Manhattan's Fifth Avenue, has "reliably delivered more than $20 million a year in profits, a total of $336.3 million since 2000," according to the Times. Trump's stake in two office towers in New York and San Francisco has also worked out well, delivering $176.5 million as of the end of 2018, the publication reported.

Trump's D.C. hotel is not - The Trump International Hotel in Washington D.C., which reportedly asked for relief on rent payments earlier this year due to the coronavirus pandemic, has lost more than $55 million since opening four years ago, the Times reported. The property has come under intense scrutiny in recent years amid allegations that Trump was unfairly profiting from his presidency.

He made money from foreign deals after becoming president- When he took office, Mr. Trump said he would pursue no new foreign deals as president," the Times reported. "Even so, in his first two years in the White House, his revenue from abroad totaled $73 million."

Trump had extensive foreign business interests before he became president, leading to questions about potential conflicts of interest. As of 2016, for example, his financial disclosures listed more than 140 companies that had dealings in at least 25 countries around the world, according to a CNN review.

Need I go on?

Bottom line is that most people on GetBig have more equity than the orange idiot. Everyone who votes for or has voted for the orange idiot need only hit the sunbeds, because they are already half way there.

J

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: September 28, 2020, 01:10:19 PM »
Why am I not surprised that libtards don't understand corporate taxes?  Corporations only pay taxes on their gains AFTER expenses.  That allows accountants to structure everything so there is as little as possible taxed.  Trump's corporate taxes are no different than the Clinton's Foundation tax structure and probably Biden's as well.

Marvin Martian

• Getbig IV
« Reply #63 on: September 28, 2020, 01:37:43 PM »

J

You told me you are a Canadian pot dealer?? WTF would you know about this? I assure you that I pay ZERO income tax on many investments and most properties. (And yes I MAKE money on them but find legal ways to fck the tax system!!!)
You don’t own a business - so quiet down.

And dude - I get that you want to avoid conflict but don’t send me anymore homosexual advances via pm. I told you twice already that just because I don’t judge you for your proclivities - I have zero interest in “chatting with you” ....  and I damn sure have no desire to “wrestle and the loser has to service the winner - WTF??? “

Yes guys - this Jago dude is a total oddjob.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: September 28, 2020, 01:54:34 PM »

J

I'm an accountant in NYC with over 30 years servicing small to large sized businesses. Have worked for 2 of the top 3 accounting firms and have a large clientele that solely does real estate investments much like Trump.

Please educate me on how the tax system works. I'm not saying I know everything, because I don't. But one thing I know is how real estate developers get around taxes. Everything Trump has done is 100% legal. But please help me understand, because I might be overlooking something.

"1"

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: September 28, 2020, 02:07:57 PM »
WTF is seriously wrong with Rob Z- yeah, our own 240 or bust, 240 is back, JAGO, etc etc. Just goes non stop on this anti-trumo shit every 4 years. Is it the failed website business, failed rock band, failed bodybuilding or failed marriage that is responsible?

What a truly messed up individual.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #66 on: September 28, 2020, 02:08:05 PM »
I'm an accountant in NYC with over 30 years servicing small to large sized businesses. Have worked for 2 of the top 3 accounting firms and have a large clientele that solely does real estate investments much like Trump.

Please educate me on how the tax system works. I'm not saying I know everything, because I don't. But one thing I know is how real estate developers get around taxes. Everything Trump has done is 100% legal. But please help me understand, because I might be overlooking something.

"1"

JAGOWNED

He won’t return and will instead start a new thread about Amy Coney Barrett scissoring Dr. Ford’s face off at a frat party back in ‘82. The NYT told him so!

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: September 28, 2020, 02:12:31 PM »
Talks about the illegality of disclosing tax returns and separately discusses real estate tax loopholes:

Determining the source of tax leak....

Cernovich: "the 1099 income report is only something a handful of people would ever look at"

"This detail in NYT story on Trump’s tax returns greatly narrows who the source was"

Marvin Martian

• Getbig IV
« Reply #68 on: September 28, 2020, 02:14:24 PM »
One More Rep - PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE - do not attempt to educate this Canuck. You are one of the most reasonable, intelligent posters ever on this board. I have to hire people like you because without - I’d be offering 6-7 months of each years income to the wasteful feds. Jago is just not an intelligent little guy and honestly I feel like you would simply hurt his feelings by further proving this.

It’s certainly not for me to tell you what to do - but I can ask... You don’t seem like the kind of guy that agitates the monkeys at the zoo just to see them sling poo. That’s really all you can accomplish here man.

Marvin Martian

• Getbig IV
« Reply #69 on: September 28, 2020, 02:19:39 PM »
WTF is seriously wrong with Rob Z- yeah, our own 240 or bust, 240 is back, JAGO, etc etc. Just goes non stop on this anti-trumo shit every 4 years. Is it the failed website business, failed rock band, failed bodybuilding or failed marriage that is responsible?

What a truly messed up individual.

Dude - no shit the freak emailed me about meeting and LITERALLY comparing cawk size!!he said he would meet me in the wrong to wrestle (no striking for some reason) and the loser has to “service” the winner. He made some creepy comment that if he lost he wasn’t scared and would laugh at my “straight ass blowing so fast”
Who the fck messages that kind of shit???

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: September 28, 2020, 02:27:11 PM »

"1"

There's more to this story than what is or isn't legal.  There's the question of his possibly inflating his net worth over a long period of time. You're an accountant. You know all about the bottom line. Also, if he owes millions more than he can pay, he could be in serious financial trouble. Of course it wouldn't be the first time for him. And most business people leverage their investments. It's their willingness to take risks that often accounts for their successes and sometimes their failures.

As for income tax filing, the majority of people take all the deductions they can, as well they should. However, should they be audited by the IRS, they better be able to back those deductions up. Tax evasion and fraud are serious business, which can land people in jail when caught. Historically, the IRS has been more apt to go after the 'big fish'. Broke or not and Trump is a whale....of a catch.

IMO, Trump is a 'flimflam man'  and he's a lot of smoke and mirrors. When he falls, he is likely to fall very hard.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: September 28, 2020, 02:41:32 PM »

"1"
;D

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #72 on: September 28, 2020, 04:08:05 PM »
There's more to this story than what is or isn't legal.  There's the question of his possibly inflating his net worth over a long period of time. You're an accountant. You know all about the bottom line. Also, if he owes millions more than he can pay, he could be in serious financial trouble. Of course it wouldn't be the first time for him. And most business people leverage their investments. It's their willingness to take risks that often accounts for their successes and sometimes their failures.

As for income tax filing, the majority of people take all the deductions they can, as well they should. However, should they be audited by the IRS, they better be able to back those deductions up. Tax evasion and fraud are serious business, which can land people in jail when caught. Historically, the IRS has been more apt to go after the 'big fish'. Broke or not and Trump is a whale....of a catch.

IMO, Trump is a 'flimflam man'  and he's a lot of smoke and mirrors. When he falls, he is likely to fall very hard.

Still your President.

Cankles lost.

So will Plugs. 

Hope this helps.
~

Deacon Jeschin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #73 on: September 28, 2020, 04:10:02 PM »
Orange Julius must have hard working accountants to protect the money his father earned and gave to him.

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #74 on: September 28, 2020, 04:13:28 PM »
Orange Julius must have hard working accountants to protect the money his father earned and gave to him.

If you had ever met your father, would he have given you any money?
~