Author Topic: Andy Haman - RIP  (Read 22735 times)

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • “Always do what you are afraid to do.” - Emerson
Re: Andy Haman - RIP
« Reply #75 on: March 22, 2021, 04:11:17 AM »
He took steroids :(

Getbig says steroids are good for you. 

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #76 on: March 22, 2021, 06:21:44 AM »
Blood clots...Those are scary. I've had them myself and like Andy they broke free and went to my lungs.  The doctors told me if they broke free from there it was one of two things:  I would die instantly or suffer being even worse off mentally.   So when they asked if I wanted to be revived in the event I died, I said, "No.  I do NOT want to awaken to being a Democrat".

You have to have a sense of humor to deal with stuff like this.  I did die on the table and later on when my doctor told me that I had been dead I jokingly railed on him saying, "I TOLD you I didn't want to be bump started!"  He said that it had been about three minutes and he was going to call it and cover me with the sheet when my heart started on its own and I began to breathe again.

It is my hope that Andy's family is taken care of by him planning ahead.  He had a sense of humor too and that's a rarity these days.

Died on the table and all I got you was this lousy tshirt.

I trust your docs have addressed the cause?

Tom

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #77 on: March 22, 2021, 06:29:35 AM »
HELL, now you guys got me scared to even go on TRT especially at my age 56.... guess i'll stick with the "test boosters" at my supplement store...

the nearby "men's clinic" does test tests for 100 bucks... NO DOUBT no matter what i think they would find my test levels low and they are probably sales men with needles? not even sure if they are actual doctors and specifically doctors who know ALL ABOUT the human body, the male body, the test situation and the pitfalls and what not....

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: March 22, 2021, 07:46:21 AM »
Almost got his ass kicked.

anvil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #79 on: March 22, 2021, 10:10:29 AM »
Just heard the news, hate to hear that.  I saw Andy a lot of times at the gym and he was always friendly and a good guy.

And for the record;  the day he made the video of the 600 pound bench press, well he brought his own "weights" in for that.  So...

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: March 22, 2021, 12:21:00 PM »
Steroids, other drugs and the bodybuilding lifestyle killed him, maybe not directly, but they did all the same.

They caused his problems.

Hope his son learns from his bad judgement but sometimes the son wants to honor his father by doing the same thing.

Do you think when he was going out he thought, "Boy, I wish I took more drugs."?

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: March 22, 2021, 02:25:01 PM »
By far the strongest bodybuilder

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #82 on: March 22, 2021, 03:21:40 PM »
Steroids, other drugs and the bodybuilding lifestyle killed him, maybe not directly, but they did all the same.

Hope his son learns from his bad judgement but sometimes the son wants to honor his father by doing the same thing.

Do you think when he was going out he thought, "Boy, I wish I took more drugs."?

Well said, brother.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #83 on: March 22, 2021, 04:14:02 PM »

Good post. When I see these sons juicing to follow in their father's path of pro bodybuilding I wonder if the father is proud or has regret?

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #84 on: March 22, 2021, 04:49:26 PM »
Good post. When I see these sons juicing to follow in their father's path of pro bodybuilding I wonder if the father is proud or has regret?

They are all self absorbed narcissist, they are proud

Arnold was one of the few that his kids didn’t need to follow in his footsteps and even the latino son doesn’t look to go pro, just keeping a men’s physique look

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #85 on: March 22, 2021, 10:55:48 PM »
https://www.gofundme.com/f/andy-haman-memorial-fund?utm_source=customer&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_campaign=p_cf%20share-flow-1&fbclid=IwAR3HmUHnvJGVvbKh_AKEsDOoZonOJy6vkZyZWvUSrP8Kw9NnqErSbtfHvtU

Many people have reached out asking how they can help the Haman family at this difficult time. You may already know that Andy Haman passed on March 19, 2021 due to a pulmonary embolism brought on by an elbow surgery, 3 days prior.  Michelle, Sammy, Daisy, Ruby, and Lucy will miss their 'hubby', 'daddy', and 'best friend', beyond words but will continue to smile, have fun, and be silly to honor his memory.

Andy Haman was an elite collegiate wrestler at the University of Iowa and continued to be an ambassador of the sport that he loved so much. Andy was also an IFBB Pro Bodybuilder who brought fun, silliness, and love to the sport. Andy's other passion was teaching kids of all ages the joy of physical fitness.

Andy was truly a real life Mr. Incredible. He was always spreading smiles, laugher, and joy wherever he went.  Andy made it a priority in his life to visit children's hospitals whenever he traveled and would be the last person to leave an expo to talk with his fans. His bodybuilding persona was his real life persona. Whether it be teaching his elementary school students dodgeball, or making silly videos with his kids, he was a little kid at heart. He was larger than life, and even in death, he will bring fun memories to all.

His funeral will be Saturday, March 27 at Our Lady of the Pines,  Black Forest Catholic Church. Schedule-10 am: Viewing, 10:30: Stories about Andy, 12pm: Funeral service. The mass will  be live streamed on Springs Funeral Home's website: www.TSFS.co Details to come.
Andy was such a colorful person and he always said, when he died he didn't want a sad funeral, he wanted a party sending him off.  He would love it if those attending the funeral would wear bright, fun colors. That would make him smile.

This memorial fund will be used to pay for funeral expenses and anything over the goal will be used for Andy's youngest daughter, Lucy's, college.

Love,
The Haman's

Andy posing with his kids in 2009

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
Re: Andy Haman Died.
« Reply #86 on: March 23, 2021, 12:29:55 AM »
People just don’t know what they are conveying sometimes, and I agree with you it totally comes across the wrong way. “He called me up to ask if he could guest pose,” (he was so desperate that he had to make phone calls and hope somebody would pay him to guest pose) “but I had a much higher ranked guest poser already” (I only hang with the creme de la creme), “but I was very polite to him when I turned him down” (wasn’t that special of me).

Great post, mphgrove. I was happy to read your take on it.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #87 on: March 23, 2021, 05:41:11 AM »
HELL, now you guys got me scared to even go on TRT especially at my age 56.... guess i'll stick with the "test boosters" at my supplement store...

the nearby "men's clinic" does test tests for 100 bucks... NO DOUBT no matter what i think they would find my test levels low and they are probably sales men with needles? not even sure if they are actual doctors and specifically doctors who know ALL ABOUT the human body, the male body, the test situation and the pitfalls and what not....

You are correct in thinking that these clinics want to sell you on treatments. At the same time, they know certain things that old school endocrinologists don't. For example, the old endos might script testosterone to be injected every 14 days. That is obviously suboptimal if not dangerous. Say you do 200mg every other week, you end up wildly supraphysiological for a few days and then hypogonadal for several days. If you do 100mg every 7 days you are going to have much more even levels. Administering even more frequently will have you even more stable, hence the daily subq admin you heard about. Just as an example.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: March 23, 2021, 07:30:03 AM »
Ultra cringe
A

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: March 23, 2021, 08:40:04 AM »

For this he gave up a career as a gym teacher?

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: March 23, 2021, 11:58:19 AM »
https://www.gofundme.com/f/andy-haman-memorial-fund?utm_source=customer&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_campaign=p_cf%20share-flow-1&fbclid=IwAR3HmUHnvJGVvbKh_AKEsDOoZonOJy6vkZyZWvUSrP8Kw9NnqErSbtfHvtU

Many people have reached out asking how they can help the Haman family at this difficult time. You may already know that Andy Haman passed on March 19, 2021 due to a pulmonary embolism brought on by an elbow surgery, 3 days prior.  Michelle, Sammy, Daisy, Ruby, and Lucy will miss their 'hubby', 'daddy', and 'best friend', beyond words but will continue to smile, have fun, and be silly to honor his memory.

Andy Haman was an elite collegiate wrestler at the University of Iowa and continued to be an ambassador of the sport that he loved so much. Andy was also an IFBB Pro Bodybuilder who brought fun, silliness, and love to the sport. Andy's other passion was teaching kids of all ages the joy of physical fitness.

Andy was truly a real life Mr. Incredible. He was always spreading smiles, laugher, and joy wherever he went.  Andy made it a priority in his life to visit children's hospitals whenever he traveled and would be the last person to leave an expo to talk with his fans. His bodybuilding persona was his real life persona. Whether it be teaching his elementary school students dodgeball, or making silly videos with his kids, he was a little kid at heart. He was larger than life, and even in death, he will bring fun memories to all.

His funeral will be Saturday, March 27 at Our Lady of the Pines,  Black Forest Catholic Church. Schedule-10 am: Viewing, 10:30: Stories about Andy, 12pm: Funeral service. The mass will  be live streamed on Springs Funeral Home's website: www.TSFS.co Details to come.
Andy was such a colorful person and he always said, when he died he didn't want a sad funeral, he wanted a party sending him off.  He would love it if those attending the funeral would wear bright, fun colors. That would make him smile.

This memorial fund will be used to pay for funeral expenses and anything over the goal will be used for Andy's youngest daughter, Lucy's, college.

Love,
The Haman's

Andy posing with his kids in 2009

This fundraising surprised me. His wife was/is the breadwinner with a successful pediatric dental practice.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #91 on: March 23, 2021, 12:56:54 PM »
For this he gave up a career as a gym teacher?

Agreed.  That was weird in the way watching an alternate universe version of "The Partridge Family" would be.  I think he would have been better off teaching and doing this on the side.  But it was his life and at least he wasn't hangin' 'round any ice makers.

mphgrove

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #92 on: March 23, 2021, 03:43:21 PM »
Agreed.  That was weird in the way watching an alternate universe version of "The Partridge Family" would be.  I think he would have been better off teaching and doing this on the side.  But it was his life and at least he wasn't hangin' 'round any ice makers.

He and his family seemed to have had a lot of fun with it. Job-wise, people should do exactly what they want to do, and teaching school is not rewarding for every person who tries it. His choices did carry some risk though.

Tom

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #93 on: March 23, 2021, 05:31:35 PM »
Is there going to be a autopsy so we know the EXACT cause of death with no speculation.....

mphgrove

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #94 on: March 23, 2021, 05:42:40 PM »
Is there going to be a autopsy so we know the EXACT cause of death with no speculation.....

If surgeon and anesthesiologist say pulmonary embolism, strong likelihood that is exactly what it is. Autopsy might show organs enlarged, but my guess might be no autopsy here.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #95 on: March 23, 2021, 06:26:25 PM »
They are all self absorbed narcissist, they are proud

Arnold was one of the few that his kids didn’t need to follow in his footsteps and even the latino son doesn’t look to go pro, just keeping a men’s physique look

Lou Ferrigno's kids aren't bodybuilders. Mike Katz's son, Mike Jr., isn't a bodybuilder. Franco's kids aren't bodybuilders.

Neither Haney's son nor his daughter is a bodybuilder. Yates' boy isn't one. None of Ronnie 63,448 kids compete on stage.

I only know of three former IFBB pros whose children have competed in recent years. Darrem Charles' son, Renel, Sergio Oliva, Jr., and Hunter Labrada.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #96 on: March 23, 2021, 06:37:55 PM »
I thought the report said he had a second pulmonary embolism/blood clot, which killed him.

What does that have to do with steroids? My mother-in-law had one that nearly killed her. I don't think she was on any anabolics.

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: March 23, 2021, 11:26:53 PM »
Lou Ferrigno's kids aren't bodybuilders. Mike Katz's son, Mike Jr., isn't a bodybuilder. Franco's kids aren't bodybuilders.

Neither Haney's son nor his daughter is a bodybuilder. Yates' boy isn't one. None of Ronnie 63,448 kids compete on stage.

I only know of three former IFBB pros whose children have competed in recent years. Darrem Charles' son, Renel, Sergio Oliva, Jr., and Hunter Labrada.

You are correct and that is for the better long term

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: March 23, 2021, 11:27:44 PM »
I thought he won the lottery? Why does he need a gofundme page?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: March 24, 2021, 12:06:14 AM »
He was only 55:

https://www.latestnewssouthafrica.com/2021/03/20/american-professional-bodybuilder-andy-haman-has-passed-away

I should have worded that question differently about his 600-lb bench press video. The way I worded it made it sound like the people were being unreasonable.

I just wanted to ask "How do you respond to allegations that your 600-lb bench press was fake."

He was probably almost for sure over 450-lb for bench press. I'm not sure on 500-600+.

Even in death, you cannot give him the benefit of doubt on his supposed 600 lb bench press video. Essentially, you are still implying it was fake. He's dead, what difference does it make now?