Author Topic: Getbigger Van_Bilderass kicks Covids ass  (Read 3690 times)

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
Re: Did getbigger Van_Bilderass get taken out by covid?
« Reply #50 on: July 02, 2021, 03:55:23 PM »
I mean I agree. We only have less than 70 persons in the ICU att the moment. I have the underlying condition of left ventricular hypertrophy. In 2019 my heart, liver and kidneys were all failing at the same time and my temp was sky high but somehow I made it. This time all they said was they easily sucked phlegm out of my lungs. All organ values are normal this time, good blood oxygenation. No cough unlike last time.

I don't know if they put me under unnecessarily. I was begging them in the ambulance not to do it. Maybe they could have tried the Donald Trump treatment first with dexamethasone. Last time they put some type of mask on me first but it made me panic and they say no one can stand having tubes going down their throat while concious. The recovery process is a bitch,  it was only in the last couple of days I've been strong enough with enough motor control to type on my phone. I was ready to leave today but they say one more week.

They gave me a shitload of insulin, 40iu Tuejio (long acting lantus) and 30iu regular Lantus. Don't know the exact reason.

I too know morbidly obese people who barely felt sick. My aunt died early on of the pandemic and a friend of a friend died at 35. They took my brother in for observation for 3 days, just put a catheter on him, gave him paracetamol and told him not to move and things turned around.

Any glucose on IV along with?  Thinking maybe they were carb-loading you to fill you out again  ;D
T

Cook

• Getbig IV
« Reply #51 on: July 02, 2021, 06:16:04 PM »
Best wishes get well soon

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #52 on: July 03, 2021, 02:56:11 AM »
I was indeed almost taken out by Covid. I feel like they were a little bit quick to intubate me though - I was on a ventilator for 21 days. Almost exact same trajectory as my 2019 swine flu incident. Tiring process regaining walking ability and strength. 35lbs down.

Still in hospital, hope to be releleased shortly  :)

My training partner felt like death for 2 weeks and then just crappy for 6 weeks before he felt he was over it. I probably gave it to him. He refused to seek care.
I felt like shit first for over a week unable to eat but with no temperature. Then one day I had stopped answering my phone so my brother came in with his spare keys and found me delirious and called the ambulance. I'm 44 years old and death is rare from Covid but it's "real" for some people.

Getbig is blocked by the hospital wifi for nudity  :D

Thanks for the kind words bros.

I'm so glad to hear that you are still among the living and back to posting. You really had me worried. As I've mentioned many times over the years, I hold you in the highest regard. Get well soon and get back to the grind.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: July 03, 2021, 02:59:41 AM »

Yeah, kinda strange having a “Training Partner” at 44. That said VB is a solid poster and glad to hear he is okay.

Why is that strange? I'm 61 and only wish I can find someone to train with that matches my schedule. Dorian Yate used to emphasize how important having a training partner is. If only to spot you so that you can go to failure without getting injured is reason enough. At what age does it become strange to you?

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: July 03, 2021, 03:06:58 AM »
Should have asked them for pharma grade HGH  ;D

Does this make you question heavy roid use and want to focus on health?

Steroids make you stronger and healthier. When people hear "steroids" they automatically think abuse. I know you specified "heavy" use. What do you consider heavy use? I can't be sure and I never specifically asked but my guess is that Van B had short periods of heavy use in various capacities because he has a very inquisitive mind and would experiment on himself
but for the most part just cruised. Again, just my impression. Not enough to have a major impact on his health. When I look at people like Dexter who was/is a heavy user for decades it makes me wonder just how dangerous anabolics are if you use them wisely. The blast and cruise method is what they probably do and it's the gym rats that are blasting continuously.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #55 on: July 03, 2021, 03:13:48 AM »
Why is that strange? I'm 61 and only wish I can find someone to train with that matches my schedule. Dorian Yate used to emphasize how important having a training partner is. If only to spot you so that you can go to failure without getting injured is reason enough. At what age does it become strange to you?
A like minded training partner is worth his or her weight in gold................age regardless.

OlympiaGym

• Getbig IV
  • they/them/their
« Reply #56 on: July 04, 2021, 06:16:04 AM »
Perhaps it’s his promiscuous gay lifestyle and not the gear that leaves Van B so susceptible to all of these viruses.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #57 on: July 04, 2021, 08:01:05 AM »

By the time you hit middle-age, any sort of bodybuilding delusions of grandeur should be gone and you shouldn’t need somebody else to hold your  hand and yell “C’mon, one more!!” while you work out.

It’s just my opinion. I’m okay if you disagree.

Perhaps it’s his promiscuous gay lifestyle and not the gear that leaves Van B so susceptible to all of these viruses.

This was certainly the case in the 80s with AIDS.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #58 on: July 04, 2021, 09:44:53 AM »

Don't you know, there's not a single straight man on this forum. Just ask BayGBM.  If it's wrong to be gay, no getbigger wants to be right.

I don't even remember when I had the flu last time before the 2019 swine flu. Then I have 2 similar episodes not far apart. I'm done with this shit, I'm taking every vaccine. It's traumatic psychologically even if you feel ok physically. Scares and stresses family and friends. Just stress all around. And then the tedious recovery process. I just hope I didn't get the "long-covid" with different symptoms for months and months.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #59 on: July 04, 2021, 09:53:36 AM »
By the time you hit middle-age, any sort of bodybuilding delusions of grandeur should be gone and you shouldn’t need somebody else to hold your  hand and yell “C’mon, one more!!” while you work out.

It’s just my opinion. I’m okay if you disagree.

The dude I mentioned first is 57 years old on maybe 3 grams of gear, sometimes up to 5 Anadrol a day lol. We still like to lift heavy and hard, just for fun Having a few friends around adds to the energy when you are doing things like deadlifts.

TonyAlva

• Getbig IV
« Reply #60 on: July 04, 2021, 10:44:49 AM »
Hope to visit the hotel GetBiggers stay at on business trips in Dubia least once before I pass

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: July 04, 2021, 11:10:42 AM »
Why would you go to India on business?

irishdave

• Getbig V
  • It ain’t over ‘TIL it’s over
« Reply #62 on: July 04, 2021, 03:13:32 PM »
I was indeed almost taken out by Covid. I feel like they were a little bit quick to intubate me though - I was on a ventilator for 21 days. Almost exact same trajectory as my 2019 swine flu incident. Tiring process regaining walking ability and strength. 35lbs down.

My training partner felt like death for 2 weeks and then just crappy for 6 weeks before he felt he was over it. I probably gave it to him. He refused to seek care.
I felt like shit first for over a week unable to eat but with no temperature. Then one day I had stopped answering my phone so my brother came in with his spare keys and found me delirious and called the ambulance. I'm 44 years old and death is rare from Covid but it's "real" for some people.

Glad you made it through, boss

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: July 04, 2021, 03:22:32 PM »
I'm glad he's alive. We all die one day regardless. let that sink in

TheAnimal

• Getbig IV
« Reply #64 on: July 04, 2021, 04:40:45 PM »
I'm glad he's alive. We all die one day regardless. let that sink in
Very true

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: July 04, 2021, 04:58:27 PM »

That you are on the mend is really great news. “That which does not kill us, makes us stronger,” Friedrich Nietzsche. Trauma survivors report positive changes and enhanced personal development, called post traumatic growth (PTG). You will be as good as new in no time....maybe better.

stavios

• Getbig III
« Reply #66 on: July 04, 2021, 06:30:23 PM »
I don't check the board or post very often but this thread caught my attention and had me worried until I saw Van posting.

Glad you made it out bro !!

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: July 04, 2021, 06:44:06 PM »
Glad youre back bilderass, i still think you are a weak small bber around the size of coach but i find you to act very respectful to other members rest in peas
A

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
« Reply #68 on: July 04, 2021, 09:49:48 PM »
I'm taking every vaccine. It's traumatic psychologically even if you feel ok physically.

another unfortunate submissive bends the knee and seals its fate.

how do u get humanity to commit suicide via poisonous technological potion?

u get the tards to demand it.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #69 on: July 04, 2021, 11:12:17 PM »

It's kind weird that just this vaccine has so many people so opposed. Or maybe not, since trust in authorities is so low. 
I don't know but I bet you have taken dozens of vaccines like most other people.
Then they promote all sorts of other preventative drugs instead, which have known serious sides.

Sure, it's possible that something serious surfaces in the future connected to one or more of these vaccines, no one knows yet.

Are you also opposed to "conventional" vaccines? Would you take the Russian Sputnik vaccine?

I  only wish I had gotten the vaccine before contracting Covid. Fucking miserable experience.

Since you are in the conspiracy sphere, I'm sure Robert Anton Wilson is familiar. I remember him saying we are lucky to have vaccines for polio now. He suffered from polio damage all his life. I wonder what he would have thought about these new vaccines.

Oh, I just caught a mistake I made in the original post. I'm not 35lbs down, I lost 65lbs. Bony ass hurts sitting on a regular wooden chair  :D

TheAnimal

• Getbig IV
« Reply #70 on: July 05, 2021, 12:52:55 AM »
It's kind weird that just this vaccine has so many people so opposed. Or maybe not, since trust in authorities is so low. 
I don't know but I bet you have taken dozens of vaccines like most other people.
Then they promote all sorts of other preventative drugs instead, which have known serious sides.

Sure, it's possible that something serious surfaces in the future connected to one or more of these vaccines, no one knows yet.

Are you also opposed to "conventional" vaccines? Would you take the Russian Sputnik vaccine?

I  only wish I had gotten the vaccine before contracting Covid. Fucking miserable experience.

Since you are in the conspiracy sphere, I'm sure Robert Anton Wilson is familiar. I remember him saying we are lucky to have vaccines for polio now. He suffered from polio damage all his life. I wonder what he would have thought about these new vaccines.

Oh, I just caught a mistake I made in the original post. I'm not 35lbs down, I lost 65lbs. Bony ass hurts sitting on a regular wooden chair  :D
er wow

that is a lot of weight loss

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #71 on: July 05, 2021, 02:06:14 AM »
meh... I already had covid two times now. It's nothing more than a cold for me so whatever. Even did cardio while having it. Same for my miss.

I did advice my mom to take the vaccine though. Because she's old and has been a smoker I figured it's not worth chancing it for that.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #72 on: July 05, 2021, 03:41:30 AM »
Hopefully, if he did have COVID, he just had a rough 20 days like I did, and is now gathering his bearings.  Twenty days of being under the weather with aching muscles and sleeping 16 hours a day can definitely get people out of their usual habits - but hopefully he is not seriously ill or dead.

You are probably fitter/healthier than 9/10 Westerners and COVID still sickened you for almost three weeks ... Yet you continue to downplay its seriousness.  LOL.  Cognitive dissonance on display

Stephano

• Getbig IV
« Reply #73 on: July 05, 2021, 03:43:48 AM »
You are probably fitter/healthier than 9/10 Westerners and COVID still sickened you for almost three weeks ... Yet you continue to downplay its seriousness.  LOL.  Cognitive dissonance on display

In all seriousness, it's probably closer to 99/100.  (And I'm pretty sure that Matt can prove this mathematically, if he so chooses.)  The average American/Canadian is a lazy, obese piece of shit.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #74 on: July 05, 2021, 04:16:10 AM »
I mean I agree. We only have less than 70 persons in the ICU att the moment. I have the underlying condition of left ventricular hypertrophy. In 2019 my heart, liver and kidneys were all failing at the same time and my temp was sky high but somehow I made it. This time all they said was they easily sucked phlegm out of my lungs. All organ values are normal this time, good blood oxygenation. No cough unlike last time.

I don't know if they put me under unnecessarily. I was begging them in the ambulance not to do it. Maybe they could have tried the Donald Trump treatment first with dexamethasone. Last time they put some type of mask on me first but it made me panic and they say no one can stand having tubes going down their throat while concious. The recovery process is a bitch,  it was only in the last couple of days I've been strong enough with enough motor control to type on my phone. I was ready to leave today but they say one more week.

They gave me a shitload of insulin, 40iu Tuejio (long acting lantus) and 30iu regular Lantus. Don't know the exact reason.

I too know morbidly obese people who barely felt sick. My aunt died early on of the pandemic and a friend of a friend died at 35. They took my brother in for observation for 3 days, just put a catheter on him, gave him paracetamol and told him not to move and things turned around.

I work in critical care here in the states so a few thoughts to maybe give some insight:

1) They likely tried non- invasive mechanical ventilation first (Bipap mask, etc) but you might have been panicking and too large to restrain.  Intubation & sedation is only option.  Likely factoring in is the perceived difficulty of the intubation.  Large neck and "off-season " :D physique compound the difficulty of getting the tube past the glottis, so they may have opted to intubate while you were still stable rather than wait till you crash at 3am.

2) I guarantee they gave you some type of corticosteroid, be it dexamethasone, methylprednisolone, prednisone - whatever. it's standard of care for all sorts of acute resp failures.  Would also explain why you're on so much insulin

3) 21 days vented is a loooonnng time.  Be patient with the recovery process.  The physical effects are easy to see-- weight loss, loss of strength/coordination --but psychological effects are easily missed or neglected.  Covid patients are hard to sedate and you're pretty big so here in the states you would have received a heroic amount of narcotics.  Our colleagues across the pond are a bit more judicious in their use but still: between the drugs, the disease state, and the plasticine hellscapes that are ICU rooms, delirium and other cognitive impairment is common in patients who survive the ICU.  Be open to mental health care to hasten your return to normal.

Glad to hear you're ok, I've been a fan of your posts for 10 years now - back when you were KillerMuscle on ProM LOL.  If you have any other questions, I'll do my best to answer them.