Author Topic: I bet half of you didn't even lift today  (Read 1550558 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: I bet half of you didn't even lift today
« Reply #2200 on: October 29, 2021, 09:49:41 AM »
Doubtful....he think he`s invincible even though he`s held together with duct tape and staples.

Lifting and training should be about the love of training and exercising daily.   For self improvement, Ect.   

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #2201 on: October 29, 2021, 09:53:56 AM »
this squat challenge reminds me when i was in college back in the early 70's. there was this guy a former high school football that wanted to work in when I was squatting. I let him and long story short when we got to 315 he never got up, I had a hell of a time getting the bar safely off him. leg day was over.  the guy asked me to take him to the hospital result was a double hernia operation for him.  ::)

We aren't excited to see hanky squat 405.

We are excited to watch him get folded in half and carted off to the ER. ;D

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • stuff for dumplings
« Reply #2202 on: October 29, 2021, 09:58:19 AM »
Hulkotron deadlifted today, heaviest set was 230 lbs.  Hoping to build up to 315 this year although I'll need to buy a bit more weight for that (only have 302 lbs total in my home gym).

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #2203 on: October 29, 2021, 10:00:13 AM »
Lifting and training should be about the love of training and exercising daily.   For self improvement, Ect.   
Exactly........like I said before it`s like eating breakfast..........gotta` have it daily.

Les Grossman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2204 on: October 29, 2021, 10:02:34 AM »
Exactly........like I said before it`s like eating breakfast..........gotta` have it daily.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2205 on: October 29, 2021, 10:27:35 AM »
We aren't excited to see hanky squat 405.

We are excited to watch him get folded in half and carted off to the ER. ;D
    that guy who's nickname was the snapper ended up in the nut house for many reasons and died years back when he was 57.
F

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #2206 on: October 29, 2021, 10:46:24 AM »
My new pad is arriving Monday as I didn’t like the mantis

Delivery delayed...

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #2207 on: October 29, 2021, 10:50:43 AM »

Actually, you don't.

Breakfast being the most important meal of the day was created by the Kelloggs  to sell more cereal.

If you're trying to add muscle, sure, eat it.

But it's not necessary.
Y

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #2208 on: October 29, 2021, 10:55:33 AM »
I am not training for it I am testing for it. If I pass the 225 and 315 test I will then do the 405. I haven't tried it so not sure how you can tell me I can't do something I haven't tried yet. So far I have easily squatted the weights I put on the bar and I have not had any knee pain after. I believe I could squat 405lbs right now but no I am not going to try it until I try 315 and see how that feels. It has literally been one week I don't even have the sleeves I ordered yet and you guys act like I have been telling you this for 6 months. I am going to add another plate Monday if all goes well I will add another the following week and make a video. Not sure why no one has any patience around here. No one is more excited to try 405lbs than me but yeah I am going to be smart about it and hold back while I test the waters first.

Folks here don't so much have a problem with you're training methods as they do with your wording. In the case of training verses testing, testing is in this case is a pass or fail situation. Training is ongoing. The only way you fail at training is to not do it. If you fail the 225 'test' is that the end of it or do you keep doing that test over until you pass?

At what poundage did you do your first test? Was it bodyweight, just the bar, or 135 lbs.? Was 135 lbs. the last test you passed? Do you only have 45 lb. plates? Have you considered increasing the resistance using 10's or 25's on each side?

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2209 on: October 29, 2021, 10:59:59 AM »
Actually, you don't.

Breakfast being the most important meal of the day was created by the Kelloggs  to sell more cereal.

But it's not necessary.
I`ll have you know that I work for Kellogs sir.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #2210 on: October 29, 2021, 11:01:00 AM »

Apologies.

Carry on then.
Y

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #2211 on: October 29, 2021, 11:01:54 AM »
Someone wants to put up some cash and I can load up the bar today otherwise yeah I am going to continue my normal workouts and build up to it in a week or 2

I have spent a year slowly building my legs back up the smart careful way I am not going to blow out a knee on a dare. I am going to test the weights and my tendons and ligaments first and yeah I am going to use knee sleeves

You said you'd take the dare for some cash. So you are willing to blow out a knee if it pays well enough? Are you hard up for money?

My guess is your safe in saying this because it is unlikely anyone on Getbig will put up some cash.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #2212 on: October 29, 2021, 11:03:09 AM »
Completely understandable. Honestly fuck 405, your legs have had a lot done to them and you are able to train them regularly now so I would just keep squatting 135 for a few more weeks then go 155 and so on. Legs will get bigger and better without risking damage and not being able to train them anymore. If in 6 months to a year you are much stronger and feel like doing it then try it but I don’t think they are ready now.

This is very sensible advice. Do you think Bhanky will take it?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #2213 on: October 29, 2021, 11:04:23 AM »
Again, for the millionth time, you stated weeks ago at that very moment you could squat 405 on video. Not tomorrow not next week but right then and there. Then the excuses rolled in. So full of shit

Maybe his memory is shot like his knees are.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #2214 on: October 29, 2021, 11:10:48 AM »
Sorry been busy driving let me consult the map yep on course for 405 have a little faith I do the impossible everyday

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #2215 on: October 29, 2021, 11:12:48 AM »
Actually, you don't.

But it's not necessary.

Yes. Historically we only ate twice a day. With the advent of the factory system of work, people got totally screwed up. They couldn't stop to have the mid morning meal. Yet another reason to tell modern society to stick it.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2216 on: October 29, 2021, 11:13:23 AM »

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2217 on: October 29, 2021, 11:14:11 AM »

Yes. Historically we only ate twice a day. With the advent of the factory system of work, people got totally screwed up. They couldn't stop to have the mid morning meal. Yet another reason to tell modern society to stick it.
OK,so now you`re both against me eh?  LOL  ;D

Les Grossman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2218 on: October 29, 2021, 11:14:24 AM »
Folks here don't so much have a problem with you're training methods as they do with your wording. In the case of training verses testing, testing is in this case is a pass or fail situation. Training is ongoing. The only way you fail at training is to not do it. If you fail the 225 'test' is that the end of it or do you keep doing that test over until you pass?

At what poundage did you do your first test? Was it bodyweight, just the bar, or 135 lbs.? Was 135 lbs. the last test you passed? Do you only have 45 lb. plates? Have you considered increasing the resistance using 10's or 25's on each side?

webstar

• Getbig V
« Reply #2219 on: October 29, 2021, 11:14:46 AM »
Sorry been busy driving let me consult the map yep on course for 405 have a little faith I do the impossible everyday

When are you doing the 405 pussy?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #2220 on: October 29, 2021, 11:31:08 AM »
My new pad is arriving Monday as I didn’t like the mantis

Monday by 7:00 pm Looks like you will be doing squats late Monday night.

Cook

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2221 on: October 29, 2021, 11:42:40 AM »
I drove through Battle Creek Michigan once and I remember they had a sign on the road said Home of Tony the Tiger.I thought that was pretty cool

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2222 on: October 29, 2021, 11:59:49 AM »
I drove through Battle Creek Michigan once and I remember they had a sign on the road said Home of Tony the Tiger.I thought that was pretty cool
When I lived in Springfield Mass,every year they had a pancake breakfast against Battle Creek.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • stuff for dumplings
« Reply #2223 on: October 29, 2021, 12:05:27 PM »
When I lived in Springfield Mass,every year they had a pancake breakfast against Battle Creek.

What sort of competition occurs at a pancake breakfast?

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2224 on: October 29, 2021, 12:11:54 PM »
What sort of competition occurs at a pancake breakfast?
They lay out tons of long tables on Main St. which i blocked off, then the greedy fucks eat either pancakes or Kellogs cereal.....I alway hated to eat and run but I never hung around long enough to find out how they determined the winner.

I actually only went one time.