Author Topic: Australia goes full retard  (Read 15447 times)

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
Re: Australia goes full retard
« Reply #325 on: October 24, 2021, 04:45:27 AM »
Sometimes you just have to go along to get along.

No way around it.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #326 on: October 24, 2021, 07:56:19 AM »
From the ground, Western Australia, speaking just for myself:

As of Jan 1, I will be unable to continue to make a living as a contractor in the construction industry under penalty of $100,000 fine per infraction (being caught working while unvaccinated). I'll try to earn income another way, but very nearly every job/ contract position will be contingent upon vaccination. I won't even be able to pick fruit for minimum wage.

I'm currently exploring ways that I can legally make a living so that I can buy food, not lose my house, and generally sustain life. Most avenues will be closed. I speculate all will be closed eventually, passports to be made universal, and schoolkids to be put under mandate, but we'll see what happens.

None of this addresses my concerns about vaccine safety, efficacy, or medical necessity. I would prefer data and discussion, but that time appears to be past. These mandates don't provide me with any new information except that life will become difficult. I'm fearful of that, but fear of unpleasant consequences isn't a rational reason to change my mind. If the coercion is manifested and visited upon me with enough ferocity and duration, and I find that I really can't go on despite my best efforts, then I'll conclude force has been effectively applied and capitulate. Just the threat of it, however, isn't enough to convince me. Bring a sufficient quantity of pain. I'm sure there's an amount that will work. I'm just not sure how much it is.

Or preferably, bring the information, the rational discussion, and the latitude for choice. But, like I said, seems that's something from a bygone time. I intend to continue to be a law abiding person and a good man, insofar as I'm capable with my inherent limitations.

I've got an awful feeling I'm going to have to find out what I'm made of. Damn. I was really looking forward to not being miserable. But ok. Here we go.

Good luck man.  Hope it works out.

Crazy how that's going on there.
Y

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #327 on: October 24, 2021, 08:35:45 AM »

As of Jan 1, I will be unable to continue to make a living as a contractor in the construction industry under penalty of $100,000 fine per infraction (being caught working while unvaccinated). I'll try to earn income another way, but very nearly every job/ contract position will be contingent upon vaccination. I won't even be able to pick fruit for minimum wage.

I'm currently exploring ways that I can legally make a living so that I can buy food, not lose my house, and generally sustain life. Most avenues will be closed. I speculate all will be closed eventually, passports to be made universal, and schoolkids to be put under mandate, but we'll see what happens.

None of this addresses my concerns about vaccine safety, efficacy, or medical necessity. I would prefer data and discussion, but that time appears to be past. These mandates don't provide me with any new information except that life will become difficult. I'm fearful of that, but fear of unpleasant consequences isn't a rational reason to change my mind. If the coercion is manifested and visited upon me with enough ferocity and duration, and I find that I really can't go on despite my best efforts, then I'll conclude force has been effectively applied and capitulate. Just the threat of it, however, isn't enough to convince me. Bring a sufficient quantity of pain. I'm sure there's an amount that will work. I'm just not sure how much it is.

Or preferably, bring the information, the rational discussion, and the latitude for choice. But, like I said, seems that's something from a bygone time. I intend to continue to be a law abiding person and a good man, insofar as I'm capable with my inherent limitations.

I've got an awful feeling I'm going to have to find out what I'm made of. Damn. I was really looking forward to not being miserable. But ok. Here we go.

better to die on your feet than live on your knees

OAK

• Getbig V
  • "The trial was RIGGED....send me your MONEY!!"
« Reply #328 on: October 24, 2021, 08:52:57 AM »

Nope.

I don't feel sorry for you one bit.

You want to ignore medical experts and put innocent people at risk....there should be consequences.

😔

Rascal full

• Getbig IV
« Reply #329 on: October 24, 2021, 08:58:09 AM »

Good luck, you are a smart person and I wish you every success.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #330 on: October 24, 2021, 09:18:52 AM »
Sometimes you just have to go along to get along.

No way around it.

What you advise is often true, and I'm sure it's well intentioned, my friend. But since I have no superseding obligations, like family, and the rip cord is available at any time, I'm willing to pay a few pounds of misery as the cost of admission to discover if this particular case is among the types you mention.

Good luck man.  Hope it works out.

Crazy how that's going on there.

It's going on damn near everywhere. I don't see any brakes. Courts rubber stamp mandates. Legislators keep shoving them through since voices of dissent are ejected. Media can't permit balanced debate without being accused of platforming harmful voices. Momentum.

Idk what to do but hold fast until the witch hunt blows over, the world returns to sanity, and the Public Health Authority gets dethroned and they go back to inspecting kitchens for mouse poop.

Still glad my parents took the therapeutic. For me, I think risks outweigh benefits. But for children... don't get me started.

better to die on your feet than live on your knees

I've said it for years. The only thing missing on me is damn red cape.

Meh. Mowing lawns and cleaning gutters instead of doing drywall never killed anybody. I got a blackbelt in misery wrangling.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #331 on: October 24, 2021, 09:27:45 AM »
Nope.

I don't feel sorry for you one bit.

You want to ignore medical experts and put innocent people at risk....there should be consequences.

😔

The vaccine stops the spread? No one gets harmed by the jab?

We're nowhere near the threshold of justification for mandates for this disastrously disappointing vaccine. Call it a Trump Vax if it'll help you sleep better when I say it just plain sucks.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #332 on: October 24, 2021, 09:30:15 AM »
Good luck, you are a smart person and I wish you every success.

Thanks bro. Let me know if you need your dogs walked or washed. Super reasonable prices. I also wash cars and kill cockroaches. Trees chainsawed. Weeds pulled.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #333 on: October 24, 2021, 10:06:46 AM »
Ditches dug, by hand or backhoe (landscaping purposes only, construction verboten by order of the Stasi). Crane truck service. Plaster and drywall artistry (artistic installations only, construction verboten by order of the Stasi). Wives massaged. Welding (fabrication verboten). Kangaroo jerky. Modeling (idk why gf thought funny). Alec Baldwin bodyguard (from, not for).

What if I akshually end up making more money and having more free time than when I did drywall? I'd be all errmuhgurd, arbeit really does macht frei. Thanks, Stasi!

West Australian Health Officer be like TaaaapeVUUURM!

An enterprising vaccinated young man might get his ducks in a row to provide VaxButler Services, or even eatablish a network of the same. When my ilk are banned, and we're fucking legion, someone delivering things from shops we can't go into might just do ok.  My idea tho. Send me 10%.

OAK

• Getbig V
« Reply #334 on: October 24, 2021, 10:15:09 AM »
The vaccine stops the spread? No one gets harmed by the jab?

We're nowhere near the threshold of justification for mandates for this disastrously disappointing vaccine. Call it a Trump Vax if it'll help you sleep better when I say it just plain sucks.

All kidding aside.

Why don’t you just get the vaccine instead of ruining your life?

Are you sacred of the vaccine? Are you trying to prove a point?

Not trolling here. Just trying to understand.

🤷‍♂️

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #335 on: October 24, 2021, 10:19:28 AM »

It's going on damn near everywhere. I don't see any brakes. Courts rubber stamp mandates. Legislators keep shoving them through since voices of dissent are ejected. Media can't permit balanced debate without being accused of platforming harmful voices. Momentum.

Idk what to do but hold fast until the witch hunt blows over, the world returns to sanity, and the Public Health Authority gets dethroned and they go back to inspecting kitchens for mouse poop.

Still glad my parents took the therapeutic. For me, I think risks outweigh benefits. But for children... don't get me started.

The issue is that there's never an honest discussion.  Natural immunity is ignored, until it can't be, then the excuse is "we don't know how long it lasts".....as if that stopped them from defending the vaccine.  Obesity/age/underlying conditions are all ignored.  Promoting health is ignored.  Explaining why this is good for kids is ignored in the face of overwhelming data suggesting otherwise.

It's all so disingenuous, and their COULD be a happy medium with honest discussion.
Y

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #336 on: October 24, 2021, 10:22:03 AM »
All kidding aside.

Why don’t you just get the vaccine instead of ruining your life?

Are you sacred of the vaccine? Are you trying to prove a point?

Not trolling here. Just trying to understand.

🤷‍♂️
some people have moral substance
You wouldnt understand

OAK

• Getbig V
« Reply #337 on: October 24, 2021, 10:27:13 AM »
some people have moral substance
You wouldnt understand

I know something that you don’t understand…the definition of “virus”.

😆😆😆😆😆

OAK

• Getbig V
« Reply #338 on: October 24, 2021, 10:28:48 AM »
The issue is that there's never an honest discussion.  Natural immunity is ignored, until it can't be, then the excuse is "we don't know how long it lasts".....as if that stopped them from defending the virus.  Obesity/age/underlying conditions are all ignored.  Promoting health is ignored.  Explaining why this is good for kids is ignored in the face of overwhelming data suggesting otherwise.

It's all so disingenuous, and their COULD be a happy medium with honest discussion.

None of what you are saying is true.

All of the points that you’ve brought up have been studied and discussed by experts for quite some time now.

🙄

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #339 on: October 24, 2021, 10:34:32 AM »
None of what you are saying is true.

All of the points that you’ve brought up have been studied and discussed by experts for quite some time now.

🙄
you writing that isnt evidence...

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #340 on: October 24, 2021, 10:35:51 AM »

Lol, I guess he responded?

Have him on ignore, once it became obvious what he was.
Y

OAK

• Getbig V
« Reply #341 on: October 24, 2021, 10:38:29 AM »

Great job of not responding!

😎😎😎

OAK

• Getbig V
« Reply #342 on: October 24, 2021, 10:41:32 AM »

Hey! Why don’t you give me a lecture on what evidence is…just like the one you gave me about what “viruses “ are.

😎😎😎😎

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #343 on: October 24, 2021, 10:47:14 AM »

Me too now

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #344 on: October 24, 2021, 10:47:45 AM »

Few questions...

Are you originally from Australia? Did you migrate there from another country?

I agree that vaccine mandates go against basic human rights. The approach they are using is, "The vaccines aren't mandated, but if you fail to get them you won't be able to have a job or partake in any of the basic freedoms that allow you to take part in the shared existence of humanity". This is a forced approach, as noncompliance essentially turns you into a pariah. If you have a family (wife, husband, kids etc) and you can't make money to house and feed them, that changes circumstances. Before allowing a child to go hungry, I'm sure you'll take a bullet.

Are there any medical or religious exemptions you can apply for? Are there any other ways around this mandate that you can foresee?

"1"

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #345 on: October 24, 2021, 10:53:06 AM »
OMR, are you vaccinated? (if you don't mind revealing this publicly)

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #346 on: October 24, 2021, 11:07:16 AM »

No sir.

Fortunately, my line of work doesn't require it. I am an accountant serving small to medium sized businesses. Most of my clients have been with me for decades now and they are older (50+ years of age). I do the bulk of my work from home with the exception of a few mon-&-pop businesses that like to see me in person every quarter to discuss new inventory purchases or capital assets. The gym I go to is VERY laxed in terms of vaccination status. The restaurants I go to are mostly owned by old friends that have known me for decades (no issues with access there). Pharmacies and Supermarkets aren't checking vaccine status. Clothing stores aren't checking vaccine status (even though I get much of my clothes online). I also have a religious exemption (which I use where capable & warranted).

I am not against vaccination. If you want to get the vaccine, you should. I am against a vaccine mandate. I do not believe in anything being forced onto humanity. I've read the science and have spent a generous amount of time debating whether I will eventually get the vaccine. For now, as a healthy man with no major comorbidities, I am choosing to not get it. Aside from arthritic pains, I am in great shape (BMI), have no medical issues I take medications for and follow a very strict diet. Most importantly, I already had COVID and have evidence of antibodies for it. If I already had COVID and recovered from it after 3 days, why would I get a vaccine against something my body was able to fight off with relatively ease and I now have immunity against?

"1"

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #347 on: October 24, 2021, 11:07:56 AM »

Not sure, but I think we can safely say he's had some injections.
Y

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #348 on: October 24, 2021, 11:11:26 AM »
Not sure, but I think we can safely say he's had some injections.

Mostly seminal fluid proteins for overall improved vigor.

"1"

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #349 on: October 24, 2021, 11:13:49 AM »
No sir.

Fortunately, my line of work doesn't require it. I am an accountant serving small to medium sized businesses. Most of my clients have been with me for decades now and they are older (50+ years of age). I do the bulk of my work from home with the exception of a few mon-&-pop businesses that like to see me in person every quarter to discuss new inventory purchases or capital assets. The gym I go to is VERY laxed in terms of vaccination status. The restaurants I go to are mostly owned by old friends that have known me for decades (no issues with access there). Pharmacies and Supermarkets aren't checking vaccine status. Clothing stores aren't checking vaccine status (even though I get much of my clothes online). I also have a religious exemption (which I use where capable & warranted).

I am not against vaccination. If you want to get the vaccine, you should. I am against a vaccine mandate. I do not believe in anything being forced onto humanity. I've read the science and have spent a generous amount of time debating whether I will eventually get the vaccine. For now, as a healthy man with no major comorbidities, I am choosing to not get it. Aside from arthritic pains, I am in great shape (BMI), have no medical issues I take medications for and follow a very strict diet. Most importantly, I already had COVID and have evidence of antibodies for it. If I already had COVID and recovered from it after 3 days, why would I get a vaccine against something my body was able to fight off with relatively ease and I now have immunity against?

"1"

Thanks for answering.  Was just curious since you are universally respected on here for many reasons including good judgment.