Author Topic: Carnivore Diet  (Read 56289 times)

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
Re: Carnivore Diet
« Reply #100 on: March 13, 2022, 08:51:12 AM »
I'm about to eat a pound of 100% beef Whopper patties, with grocery bought bacon and smoke cheddar...dirty, lazy, affordable, and delicious.   :P

See, most people i see eating keto eat stuff like this alot .. i think any health benefits go out the window if you're not eating wholesome sources of fat. no offense--i love whoppers myself  ;D

even if it was the secret to living until 100, eating new foods and sharing delicious meals with others is one of life's great joys ..  whats the point of living forever if you cant enjoy it. if i had a chronic condition it might be different but i dont think the marginal benefit outweighs the great cost

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #101 on: March 13, 2022, 08:53:29 AM »
Not here to post studies cause you’re a fanboy of a fad diet.  You have likely never competed in any bodybuilding show so get stuck on fad diets.

Several bodybuilders have had to stop keto diets because of bad blood work, myself included. Eating meat in moderation has helped my LDL to go down.
ldl means nothing, it's your triglycerides to hdl ratio, if those are close to 1 you are healthy. Cholesterol means nothing,  you want to know what's happening to your heart get a cardiac ct scan or check your calcium score. Keto means nothing, there's so many variations of keto, tons of veggies/nuts, inferior Mears chicken/turkey. Eat steak and eggs, salt only for 6 weeks, you're life will change and feel like you've never felt before

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: March 13, 2022, 08:54:07 AM »
It's our ancestral appropriate diet, it's what humans were literally designed to eat and thrive on, meat, organs, raw milk and at times depending on climate fruit/honey.

humans have survived and thrived on all sorts of diets throughout the entire world, we were "designed" to be capable of adaptation

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #103 on: March 13, 2022, 08:58:07 AM »
humans have survived and thrived on all sorts of diets throughout the entire world, we were "designed" to be capable of adaptation
there's still existing tribes like the Hazda in Tanzania,  who are strong, fit, lean people well into their 70s hunting for prey, they have no autoimmune disease, coronary heart disease, diabetes, and other various health ailments due to modern diet, they eat meat, organs, fruit, honey.  I mean it's common sense.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: March 13, 2022, 09:03:53 AM »
there's still existing tribes like the Hazda in Tanzania,  who are strong, fit, lean people well into their 70s hunting for prey, they have no autoimmune disease, coronary heart disease, diabetes, and other various health ailments due to modern diet, they eat meat, organs, fruit, honey.  I mean it's common sense.

if you're claiming that hunter gatherer lifestyle is generally healthier than modern western agrarian, id agree.  but this tribe doesnt seem to be following "The Carnivore Diet" so Im not sure why you bring them up?

Hadza men usually forage individually, and during the course of the day usually feed themselves while foraging, and also bring home some honey, fruit, or wild game when available. Women forage in larger parties, and usually bring home berries, baobab fruit,[38] and tubers, depending on availability. Men and women also forage cooperatively for honey and fruit, and at least one adult male will usually accompany a group of foraging women. During the wet season, the diet is composed mostly of honey, some fruit, tubers, and occasional meat. The contribution of meat to the diet increases in the dry season, when game become concentrated around sources of water.[39]

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: March 13, 2022, 09:04:19 AM »
Good job!  You found 1 study that found LDL increased in patients with Type 1 Diabetes.

Still waiting for you to take each of the studies I've posted and find one for each that says the opposite, as you claimed.  Take your time.

BTW, LDL can increase for many people while they lose weight on any diet, even a low fat vegetarian diet.  That's why some doctors discourage measuring cholesterol while the patient is losing weight.

100% guaranteed you won't watch the whole 2 parts but there are literally hundreds of studies linked to in this video of part I and part II that prove Saturated Fats cause heart disease

They are all RCT's and meta analysis

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #106 on: March 13, 2022, 09:31:01 AM »
if you're claiming that hunter gatherer lifestyle is generally healthier than modern western agrarian, id agree.  but this tribe doesnt seem to be following "The Carnivore Diet" so Im not sure why you bring them up?
if meat is available it's the preferred choice of food. They don't always have successful hunting missions, so they have "survival foods" fruit and honey. Their diet is meat based. All humans would be better off consuming a diet heavily meat focused, specifically coming from ruminat animals,  definitely ditching all vegetables, nuts, seeds, and grains.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: March 13, 2022, 09:35:27 AM »
You guys are all crazy yes I eat a high meat high protein diet but I also eat everything. Eat what your body tells you it wants to eat when it wants to eat it. If you have been training for 20 years you should be able to listen to your body and tell if it wants carbs fats fluids protein or sugars listen to your body stop trying to plan out what it is going to need and listen to it. Everyone should be eating what they like to eat what taste good what their body digest not what someone planned out with multiple regression analysis. After that it is simply a matter of not stuffing your face if you want to lean out and stuffing your face if you want to bulk up that is it. But these fad diets are all bullshit a diverse well balanced diet is always going to be best and yes your fuckign body knows what it needs if it is craving salt and sugar have a fucking potato chip and a coke. Recently I have been eating 2-3 salads a day my body just fiends it the more you train the more quality nutrients your body will want

Listen dickhead, if you ate as much as you claimed you would be 600lbs of fat
Weight training burns hardly any calories and you do very little cardio apart from a walk on the beach and the occasional ski trip.

Stop this stupid fucking pretence

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: March 13, 2022, 09:36:35 AM »
if meat is available it's the preferred choice of food. They don't always have successful hunting missions, so they have "survival foods" fruit and honey. Their diet is meat based. All humans would be better off consuming a diet heavily meat focused, specifically coming from ruminat animals,  definitely ditching all vegetables, nuts, seeds, and grains.

So fruit is ok on the carnivore diet?

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #109 on: March 13, 2022, 09:49:17 AM »
Quote from: a_pupil link=topic=677744.msg9747957#msghttp://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?action=helpadmin;help=see_member_ip9747957 date=1647189395
So fruit is ok on the carnivore diet?
if you do meat based, like Dr. Paul Saladino recommends, which is what Joe Rogan does, in my opinion if you are adding fruit keep the red meat to very lean cuts, like sirloin, London broil, top round, bison, elk, beef liver(in moderation) combination of high sugar diet with high fat=problems. Pure carnivore is meat, eggs, organs, raw dairy fish, salt. I do no fruit or honey.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #110 on: March 13, 2022, 10:08:54 AM »
Listen dickhead, if you ate as much as you claimed you would be 600lbs of fat
Weight training burns hardly any calories and you do very little cardio apart from a walk on the beach and the occasional ski trip.

Stop this stupid fucking pretence

Why would I lie about what I eat? I have shown pictures of my fridge do you think it's a decoy fridge and I keep the carrot and rice cake rations in the real fridge? It is not about burning calories lifting weights but adding enough lean tissue that your resting metabolism is higher than any excess food intake. Weight lifting changes your metabolism.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: March 13, 2022, 10:11:31 AM »
Why would I lie about what I eat? It is not about burning calories lifting weights but adding enough lean tissue that your resting metabolism is higher than any excess food intake. Weight lifting changes your metabolism.

If you are eating as much as you claim and its clear you have regressed physically since you came here physique wise then the only other realistic alternative is that you would be fat.

Either that or you have cancer of some kind

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: March 13, 2022, 10:20:25 AM »
If you are eating as much as you claim and its clear you have regressed physically since you came here physique wise then the only other realistic alternative is that you would be fat.

Either that or you have cancer of some kind

I havent regressed I have been working on my legs instead of my upper body. I will be the best I have been yet this summer by the pool

kreator

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #113 on: March 13, 2022, 11:07:41 AM »
I can’t watch that guy for more than a minute. He’ll try to do a video critique and interrupts it every 3 seconds with insults and nothing of scientific evidence. Maybe he does later in the videos, but I can’t get past that. Dude is arrogant for how shitty he looks and is just trying to make a name for himself and get views by being a complete asshole. Oh, and Layne Norton is an asshole as well. Carnivore zealotry is really cringey

Dude has 2 different approaches. In one he swears like hell and is not scientific. His other videos are science based. Great explenations on everything. He said it himself that he uses swearing to lure in more viewers. Just for the show

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: March 13, 2022, 11:30:45 AM »
good point just eating more meat you live longer
Exactly, what's bad for our health is carbs, but regardless we all die one day

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: March 13, 2022, 11:36:24 AM »
Why stop there?

Go for 150.
From what I heard, the anti aging technology that's coming out soon will make it easy for a human to live to be 200 yrs, and reaching the age of 100 looking 35 (but the elite don't want us to live so long)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #116 on: March 13, 2022, 12:44:14 PM »
Not here to post studies cause you’re a fanboy of a fad diet.  You have likely never competed in any bodybuilding show so get stuck on fad diets.

Several bodybuilders have had to stop keto diets because of bad blood work, myself included. Eating meat in moderation has helped my LDL to go down.

In other words, you can't substantiate your false claims about the keto diet.

I don't really care what you eat, but you seem to care too much about what I eat.  So you are more of a fanboy than anyone here.  And you are wrong about me having never competed in any bodybuilding show.

Still waiting for you to name all those people you claimed have had heart attacks because of the keto diet.

What exactly do you mean by "bad" blood work, and why are you so sure it was the keto diet and not anything else you and your buddies were on?

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #117 on: March 13, 2022, 01:09:18 PM »
See, most people i see eating keto eat stuff like this alot .. i think any health benefits go out the window if you're not eating wholesome sources of fat. no offense--i love whoppers myself  ;D

Why?  What's healthier than 100% beef?  What do you consider "wholesome sources of fat"?

even if it was the secret to living until 100, eating new foods and sharing delicious meals with others is one of life's great joys ..  whats the point of living forever if you cant enjoy it. if i had a chronic condition it might be different but i dont think the marginal benefit outweighs the great cost

I'm enjoying my life very much now because of my much improved health, thanks to this meat-based keto diet. I enjoy my food very much, and I do get to try new animal-based foods and new recipes often. I enjoy eating with others.  They eat what they want, and I eat what I want.

If what you are eating is damaging your health, but you'd rather continue eating it anyway because it's what brings joy to your life, then you might have a very unhealthy relationship with food.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #118 on: March 13, 2022, 01:11:49 PM »
i think any health benefits go out the window if you're not eating wholesome sources of fat.

You contradict yourself.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #119 on: March 13, 2022, 01:43:20 PM »
100% guaranteed you won't watch the whole 2 parts but there are literally hundreds of studies linked to in this video of part I and part II that prove Saturated Fats cause heart disease

They are all RCT's and meta analysis

"Literally" hundreds?  There goes all of your credibility.

1. There are only four studies on saturated fat linked to part I, four, not literally hundreds.  And there are none linked to part II, zero.

2. None of those four even claim to "prove that saturated fats cause heart disease" as you claimed, and none of them were done in the context of a keto diet. What they claim is that replacing saturated fats with vegetable oils may be more heart healthy. That might indeed be "better" in people who consume saturated fats along with a high carbohydrate intake (excessive carbs are the problem), but it's definitely not true for people on a very low carb, ketogenic diet.

More recent studies show saturated fats are not only harmless, but beneficial too.

CVD = Cardiovascular Disease
"Numerous meta-analyses and systematic reviews of both the historical and current literature reveals that the diet-heart hypothesis was not, and still is not, supported by the evidence. There appears to be no consistent benefit to all-cause or CVD mortality from the reduction of dietary saturated fat. Further, saturated fat has been shown in some cases to have an inverse relationship with obesity-related type 2 diabetes. Rather than focus on a single nutrient, the overall diet quality and elimination of processed foods, including simple carbohydrates, would likely do more to improve CVD and overall health. It is in the best interest of the American public to clarify dietary guidelines to recognize that dietary saturated fat is not the villain we once thought it was."
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30084105/

"High carbohydrate intake was associated with higher risk of total mortality, whereas total fat and individual types of fat were related to lower total mortality. Total fat and types of fat were not associated with cardiovascular disease, myocardial infarction, or cardiovascular disease mortality, whereas saturated fat had an inverse association with stroke. Global dietary guidelines should be reconsidered in light of these findings."
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/28864332/

"Canada’s Heart and Stroke Foundation recently removed any specific limitation on saturated fat, stating instead that their dietary guidelines do 'not include a threshold or limit for saturated fat and instead focus on a healthy balanced dietary pattern'"
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5577766/

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: March 13, 2022, 02:50:32 PM »
I havent regressed I have been working on my legs instead of my upper body. I will be the best I have been yet this summer by the pool

What with a fucking skipping rope?

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: March 13, 2022, 03:22:33 PM »
What with a fucking skipping rope?

That is kind of funny but thanks you guys cured my brief anorexia very quickly have been eating nonstop for 3 days

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: March 14, 2022, 04:10:33 AM »
Why?  What's healthier than 100% beef?  What do you consider "wholesome sources of fat"?

I'm enjoying my life very much now because of my much improved health, thanks to this meat-based keto diet. I enjoy my food very much, and I do get to try new animal-based foods and new recipes often. I enjoy eating with others.  They eat what they want, and I eat what I want.

If what you are eating is damaging your health, but you'd rather continue eating it anyway because it's what brings joy to your life, then you might have a very unhealthy relationship with food.

If you’re earnestly arguing that four Burger King whopper patties constitute a healthy meal than I think there’s little point in further discussion

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #123 on: March 14, 2022, 04:50:52 AM »

Post your leg routine.  Getbig has many experienced bodybuilders who may be able to help.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #124 on: March 14, 2022, 04:58:51 AM »
If you’re earnestly arguing that four Burger King whopper patties constitute a healthy meal than I think there’s little point in further discussion

Are you arguing that 100% beef is not a healthy meal?  Why?