Author Topic: Carnivore Diet  (Read 56686 times)

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
Re: Carnivore Diet
« Reply #325 on: April 23, 2022, 12:39:11 PM »
Calling these diets "religion" is on point.

People get too extreme in these things.  All or nothing.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #326 on: April 23, 2022, 01:04:23 PM »
there appears to be lots of different sects of the carnivore "religion"

I guess people can just pick they one that the find most comfortable just like they do with all other religions

Agreed.

BTW - Carnivore is just keto

It can be, but not necessarily.  If you consume enough carbs from honey and milk, and/or enough protein, you may not get into or stay in ketosis.

Another Keto guy recently dropped keto mostly because he just missed eating his favorite foods

He also admits that he was 18 months into keto before he reached his prior anaerobic capacity which is probably why so few bodybuilders/powerlifters do it.   Carbs are a benefit to most people.  The dose makes the poison, much like a lot of things in life

There was a time when it was believed impossible to survive without dietary carbs.  That was incorrect.  Then there was a time when it was believed impossible to be an athlete in ketosis.  That too was incorrect.  We are all still learning.  One day we may have a successful pro bodybuilder in ketosis.

Carbs are beneficial to most people, just as ketosis is beneficial to most people.  It all depends on the individual needs and goals at any point in their life.

nzgs

• Getbig III
« Reply #327 on: April 23, 2022, 01:08:33 PM »
Eat a balanced diet and go to bed hungry. You'll lose weight without creating dietary imbalances or counting calories.

A "balanced" diet is exactly what causes hunger. If it was satiating people wouldn't need 3 meals + snacks every day. A carnivorous diet is far more conducive to OMAD and other healthy time-limited diets. This idea of "balance" is pernicious anyway; as though there is any scientific basis for people needing a carbohydrate intake that is only possible with modern food processing and shipping. Real balance means a balance of animal amino acids, a balance of omega 3 to omega 6 only possible via animal fats, a balance of minerals only possible without plant anti-nutrients.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #328 on: April 23, 2022, 01:23:59 PM »
Agreed.

It can be, but not necessarily. If you consume enough carbs from honey and milk, and/or enough protein, you may not get into or stay in ketosis.

There was a time when it was believed impossible to survive without dietary carbs.  That was incorrect.  Then there was a time when it was believed impossible to be an athlete in ketosis.  That too was incorrect.  We are all still learning.  One day we may have a successful pro bodybuilder in ketosis.

Carbs are beneficial to most people, just as ketosis is beneficial to most people.  It all depends on the individual needs and goals at any point in their life.

Sure, if you're a member of the honey and milk sect of the carnivore religion

might as well through some fruit in there while you're at it

of course if you're eating honey, milk and fruit then you're neither carnivore or keto

BTW - that Carnivore MD dude (who eats fruit and dairy) also seems to eat raw testicle and raw organs

Why not just eat some sashimi

That's the sect of carnivore that I belong to but I usually only go to "church on Sundays and I'm a carb eating sinner the rest of the day and all the rest of the week

I buy the fish at a Japanese store that also supplies many of the local sushi joints
The quality is as good (often better) than I can get in most restaurants and a much lower overall price.  I can easily drop $75 dollar on sashimi at a restaurant and I can get more food for about 1/3 the price if I buy it and cut it up myself. Granted my knife skills can't match a sushi chef but it tastes the same and that's all that matters

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #329 on: April 23, 2022, 01:28:12 PM »

of course if you're eating honey, milk and fruit then you're neither carnivore or keto

BTW - that Carnivore MD dude (who eats fruit and dairy) also seems to eat raw testicle and raw organs

That's the sect of carnivore that I belong to but I usually only go to "church on Sundays and I'm a carb eating sinner the rest of the day and all the rest of the week

I buy the fish at a Japanese store that also supplies many of the local sushi joints
The quality is as good (often better) than I can get in most restaurants and a much lower overall price.  I can easily drop $75 dollar on sashimi at a restaurant and I can get more food for about 1/3 the price if I buy it and cut it up myself. Granted my knife skills can't match a sushi chef but it tastes the same and that's all that matters

I watched a few of his videos and he sounds most enthusiastic when he's talking about his love for testicles.

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #330 on: April 23, 2022, 03:39:40 PM »

I eat nothing but, eggs, beef, raw dairy, beef liver. I eat enough protein 1.5-1.8 grams of protein per pound of body weight, enough to induce gluconeogenesis (on purpose) to maintain electrolyte balance,  and usually within 8-10 hours post feeding I'm right back in ketosis.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #331 on: April 23, 2022, 06:19:30 PM »
I eat nothing but, eggs, beef, raw dairy, beef liver. I eat enough protein 1.5-1.8 grams of protein per pound of body weight, enough to induce gluconeogenesis (on purpose) to maintain electrolyte balance,  and usually within 8-10 hours post feeding I'm right back in ketosis.

sounds boring but if you like it that's all that matters

since you're intentionally overeating protein to induce gluconeogenesis why not just eat some carbs?

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #332 on: April 23, 2022, 06:28:19 PM »
sounds boring but if you like it that's all that matters

since you're intentionally overeating protein to induce gluconeogenesis why not just eat some carbs?
I want nothing to do with plants my friend, I've never felt better, I found a formula and I'm sticking with it, see guys like Dr.  Shawn Baker, Dr. Anthony Chaffee doing what they do in mid 40s, mid 50s. My performance, energy, strength, digestion, recovery, skin, hair, etc.. I'm good. Once a week I'll throw in a cheat day where I add a pack of bacon with my eggs and substitute my beef meals with salmon,  but I'm good. Hope more Getbiggers give this diet a shot for a month, they won't regret it.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #333 on: April 23, 2022, 07:01:51 PM »
I don't think I've posted in this thread (and I'm not going to go back and look) but if you have to keep following fad diets to lost weight/fat you have absolutely no idea of what you're doing.

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #334 on: April 23, 2022, 07:17:09 PM »
I don't think I've posted in this thread (and I'm not going to go back and look) but if you have to keep following fad diets to lost weight/fat you have absolutely no idea of what you're doing.
It has nothing to do with fat loss for me, it's more about longevity  health, fitness, bio-hacking. I've been lean/shredded all my life, but I will say this diet literally turned back the hands of time for me, I feel reborn, I literally feel like I did when I was in college, full of energy, hop out of bed every morning ready to go, no joint pain, recovery off-the-charts, strength, pumps, digestion, skin is glowing, hair is thick and full. Like I said before the guys in the 70s had it right, just look at them, trained twice a day for hours at a time, all had great hair and skin (no one was bald on the Olympia stage), all on steak and eggs, granted they had a carb day, but they indeed had the formula way back then with Vince Gironda.

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #335 on: April 23, 2022, 07:43:50 PM »
Tbh carnivore diet is a longevity thing, for some reason we live longer on red meat daily and avoiding carbs

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #336 on: April 23, 2022, 07:59:51 PM »
Tbh carnivore diet is a longevity thing, for some reason we live longer on red meat daily and avoiding carbs
Carbs/sugar do nothing but age the fuck out of you and inflame your body. Check out Reverohealth.com and see the hundreds of success stories  people healing themselves from rheumatoid arthritis, autoimmune diseases, chronic digestive diseases, diabetes, etc.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #337 on: April 23, 2022, 08:43:26 PM »
Carbs/sugar do nothing but age the fuck out of you and inflame your body. Check out Reverohealth.com and see the hundreds of success stories  people healing themselves from rheumatoid arthritis, autoimmune diseases, chronic digestive diseases, diabetes, etc.

I never said this diet couldn't be therapeutic for people with certain conditions
there is obviously evidence that it's very helpful for some people

just saying it's not for everyone at all times

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #338 on: April 23, 2022, 09:09:15 PM »

In that case the keto/carnivore diet is a very, very old fad.

I've been on this diet consistently for almost 3 years for health reasons, not to lose weight.

I've effortlessly lost over 25 lbs, energy and mental clarity are through the roof, digestion and bowel movements are better than ever.  I resolved allergies, skin tags (a symptom of insulin resistance) and other skin conditions, chronic joint and back pain, non-alcoholic fatty liver, high blood pressure, and acid reflux.  My triglycerides dropped and continue to improve, while my HDL increased and continues to improve. I have had only one mild cold since starting this way of eating.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #339 on: April 23, 2022, 09:18:34 PM »

You can still eat enough protein on a carnivore diet to suppress ketone production, although most carnivores I know focus only on eating the fattiest meat that they enjoy and can afford when hungry and without counting macros, and they seem to stay in ketosis and do really well.

Not carnivore or keto by your definition.  But that's not necessarily true.  If you consume fatty meats plus 1 glass of milk and 1 teaspoon of honey daily, that's about 18g carbs daily.  That should get you into and keep you in ketosis, and these are all animal products.

Likewise, if you eat 2 lbs fatty meats plus a handful of berries daily, that's 5g-12g carbs daily depending on the berry.  That should get you into and keep you in ketosis, and because it's almost 100% meat-based many would call this a carnivore diet.

I personally don't consume any milk, honey, or fruit.

Many people on the paleo, keto, and carnivore diets practice and preach eating "nose to tail", which I suppose would include testicles.

I personally don't believe eating organ meats is necessary.  The people I know have been on a carnivore diet consistently for 10-20 years don't eat organ meats and they are doing great.

Apparently the Inuit didn't eat organ meats either and they did fine.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #340 on: April 23, 2022, 09:25:02 PM »
Calling these diets "religion" is on point.

People get too extreme in these things.  All or nothing.

Agreed, but this is true with many diets and many other things: vegans (whole foods vs processed), vegetarians vs vegans, bodybuilding pre-contest diets, weight training (high volume vs HIT), politics, sports, etc.  Everything has two or more sides, and each side is subdivided into smaller tribes, and so on and so forth.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #341 on: April 24, 2022, 04:24:03 AM »
Agreed, but this is true with many diets and many other things: vegans (whole foods vs processed), vegetarians vs vegans, bodybuilding pre-contest diets, weight training (high volume vs HIT), politics, sports, etc.  Everything has two or more sides, and each side is subdivided into smaller tribes, and so on and so forth.

Absolutely.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #342 on: April 24, 2022, 04:29:45 AM »
Americans are eating more beef than ever — despite vegan ‘trend’

https://nypost.com/2022/04/23/americans-eat-more-beef-than-ever-despite-vegan-trend/

Americans have renounced beef! Everyone’s eating plants! The vegan trend is supposedly so huge these days, we are in the midst of an identity crisis, The New York Times claimed recently. “When it comes to America’s legacy of Manifest Destiny, there’s perhaps no meal more symbolic than a bleeding steak. So who are we now that we’re consuming less red meat?” the paper of record blathered.

The only problem is that such claims are 100% baloney. Although US consumption of beef fell from about 80 pounds annually per capita in the 1970s and early ’80s to a low of 54 pounds in 2017, it’s steadily rebounded since then to 58.6 pounds in 2021.

Yes, we are eating more beef today than we did five years ago, despite plant-based “Impossible” meat and Beyond Burgers taking over American menus and even McDonald’s.

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #343 on: April 24, 2022, 05:03:21 AM »

"Sugar is a super food" - Bhanky

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #344 on: April 24, 2022, 05:21:29 AM »
Americans are eating more beef than ever — despite vegan ‘trend’

https://nypost.com/2022/04/23/americans-eat-more-beef-than-ever-despite-vegan-trend/

Americans have renounced beef! Everyone’s eating plants! The vegan trend is supposedly so huge these days, we are in the midst of an identity crisis, The New York Times claimed recently. “When it comes to America’s legacy of Manifest Destiny, there’s perhaps no meal more symbolic than a bleeding steak. So who are we now that we’re consuming less red meat?” the paper of record blathered.

The only problem is that such claims are 100% baloney. Although US consumption of beef fell from about 80 pounds annually per capita in the 1970s and early ’80s to a low of 54 pounds in 2017, it’s steadily rebounded since then to 58.6 pounds in 2021.

Yes, we are eating more beef today than we did five years ago, despite plant-based “Impossible” meat and Beyond Burgers taking over American menus and even McDonald’s.

Good.  Beef is a whole food.  Plant-based meats are processed junk.

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #345 on: April 24, 2022, 08:48:03 AM »

Hi Dr Baker.. or should I say Mr Baker now

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #346 on: April 24, 2022, 10:22:47 AM »
You can still eat enough protein on a carnivore diet to suppress ketone production, although most carnivores I know focus only on eating the fattiest meat that they enjoy and can afford when hungry and without counting macros, and they seem to stay in ketosis and do really well.

Not carnivore or keto by your definition.  But that's not necessarily true.  If you consume fatty meats plus 1 glass of milk and 1 teaspoon of honey daily, that's about 18g carbs daily.  That should get you into and keep you in ketosis, and these are all animal products.

Likewise, if you eat 2 lbs fatty meats plus a handful of berries daily, that's 5g-12g carbs daily depending on the berry.  That should get you into and keep you in ketosis, and because it's almost 100% meat-based many would call this a carnivore diet.

I personally don't consume any milk, honey, or fruit.

Many people on the paleo, keto, and carnivore diets practice and preach eating "nose to tail", which I suppose would include testicles.

I personally don't believe eating organ meats is necessary.  The people I know have been on a carnivore diet consistently for 10-20 years don't eat organ meats and they are doing great.

Apparently the Inuit didn't eat organ meats either and they did fine.

Milk and Honey?
Is that because they are mentioned in the bible

I can think of a lot better carb sources than those two

I'd rather have a cup of blueberries (~150 grams by weight) rather than a speck of honey and a glass of milk.  I can't even remember the last time I drank milk. 

One cup of blueberries is a lot more satiating than a teaspoon of honey 

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #347 on: April 24, 2022, 10:28:21 AM »
Milk and Honey?
Is that because they are mentioned in the bible

I can think of a lot better carb sources than those two

I'd rather have a cup of blueberries (~150 grams by weight) rather than a speck of honey and a glass of milk.  I can't even remember the last time I drank milk. 

One cup of blueberries is a lot more satiating than a teaspoon of honey
Raw milk is the best food for putting on size, hands down, full of growth factors and beneficial bacteria, antimicrobial, amino acids, and essential fatty acids. Taste like drinking ice cream.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #348 on: April 24, 2022, 10:31:16 AM »
In that case the keto/carnivore diet is a very, very old fad.

I've been on this diet consistently for almost 3 years for health reasons, not to lose weight.

I've effortlessly lost over 25 lbs, energy and mental clarity are through the roof, digestion and bowel movements are better than ever.  I resolved allergies, skin tags (a symptom of insulin resistance) and other skin conditions, chronic joint and back pain, non-alcoholic fatty liver, high blood pressure, and acid reflux.  My triglycerides dropped and continue to improve, while my HDL increased and continues to improve. I have had only one mild cold since starting this way of eating.

It’s extremely old. Similar to “intermittent fasting” it’s been repackaged and marketed to seem like it’s some revolutionary idea. I believe it was the Adkins diet that we first saw this when in fact it’s probably been around a couple of decades prior. From a bodybuilding standpoint, that was a cutting diet. No carbs, all protein no calorie counting. No doubt it works.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #349 on: April 24, 2022, 10:33:47 AM »
It’s extremely old. Similar to “intermittent fasting” it’s been repackaged and marketed to seem like it’s some revolutionary idea. I believe it was the Adkins diet that we first saw this when in fact it’s probably been around a couple of decades prior. From a bodybuilding standpoint, that was a cutting diet. No carbs, all protein no calorie counting. No doubt it works.

Galeniko/No one method
https://www.scribd.com/doc/176331708/The-Galeniko-noone-Method