Author Topic: Carnivore Diet  (Read 56568 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Re: Carnivore Diet
« Reply #350 on: April 24, 2022, 10:37:27 AM »

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #351 on: April 24, 2022, 10:38:28 AM »
No, there is no one method.

I meant the diet was low cals high protein

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #352 on: April 24, 2022, 10:43:45 AM »
It’s extremely old. Similar to “intermittent fasting” it’s been repackaged and marketed to seem like it’s some revolutionary idea. I believe it was the Adkins diet that we first saw this when in fact it’s probably been around a couple of decades prior. From a bodybuilding standpoint, that was a cutting diet. No carbs, all protein no calorie counting. No doubt it works.

A little addendum to this; As I've got older, I have found myself eating less carbs, not by choice but I feel just as a natural progression I just don't need that much. I do wholeheartedly agree that less carbs will equal better health all the way around.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #353 on: April 24, 2022, 10:44:53 AM »
Raw milk is the best food for putting on size, hands down, full of growth factors and beneficial bacteria, antimicrobial, amino acids, and essential fatty acids. Taste like drinking ice cream.

"size" or muscle ?

where are you getting this milk that tastes like ice cream

this is my current favorite ice cream and it's a fucking steal @ 3.99 a quart at Trader Joes
if anyone likes coffee ice cream go pick this up and you can thank me later
https://www.traderjoesreviews.com/product/trader-joes-coffee-bean-blast-ice-cream-reviews/

If you're getting sufficient calories and high quality protein (yes from animal sources) milk is not going to make any difference

Also, there's this:

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #354 on: April 24, 2022, 11:09:42 AM »
So let me get this straight, if we eat plenty of carbs daily we may live to be maybe 75, but if we eat zero carbs we live to be about 100, ok, I get it now

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #355 on: April 24, 2022, 11:12:08 AM »
So let me get this straight, if we eat plenty of carbs daily we may live to be maybe 75, but if we eat zero carbs we live to be about 100, ok, I get it now

Bottom line. Genetics dictates

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #356 on: April 24, 2022, 11:25:30 AM »
"size" or muscle ?

where are you getting this milk that tastes like ice cream

this is my current favorite ice cream and it's a fucking steal @ 3.99 a quart at Trader Joes
if anyone likes coffee ice cream go pick this up and you can thank me later
https://www.traderjoesreviews.com/product/trader-joes-coffee-bean-blast-ice-cream-reviews/

If you're getting sufficient calories and high quality protein (yes from animal sources) milk is not going to make any difference

Also, there's this:

Both, if you try raw milk, it tastes amazing, rich in fat, growth factors, fucking amazing. Ever wonder why you see these huge white lineman who grew up on farms, just big country strong mofos, or these women who grew up on farms in Texas, Iowa, Wisconsin,  huge fat asses, big titties..they grew up on raw milk, butter, eggs, beef, bacon from their own farms.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #357 on: April 24, 2022, 11:31:14 AM »

Apparently the Inuit didn't eat organ meats either and they did fine.

They predominately ate blubber which is more nutrient rich than most other animal fats.

Interestingly Inuits who have lived on "keto friendly diets"for several generations have a genetic mutation which make them resistant to ketosis.

You could easily argue humans when placed under evolutionary pressure by a predominately fat/protein diet evolved to avoid being in constant state of ketosis.

Another interesting point about about this genetic adaptation in inuits is that unlike most of us even, when they go days without eating their bodies still resist ketosis. So it appears what is an important survival mechanism for most of us was sacrificed to a degree in Inuits. Being resistant to constant ketosis appears to be the more important survival mechanism for them.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #358 on: April 24, 2022, 12:17:02 PM »
Milk and Honey?
Is that because they are mentioned in the bible

No.  It's because these are animal-based foods and don't have plant-based toxins some people can't tolerate.

I can think of a lot better carb sources than those two

I'd rather have a cup of blueberries (~150 grams by weight) rather than a speck of honey and a glass of milk.  I can't even remember the last time I drank milk. 

One cup of blueberries is a lot more satiating than a teaspoon of honey

People who consume milk and honey likely don't do it because of the carb quality or because of their satiety.  They probably consume these because they like the taste and because they tolerate them better than other foods.  These people aren't lactose intolerant, and casein is not inflammatory to them as it is to other people.

Blueberries work for you.  Milk and honey works for them.  Some people are allergic to berries.

Some tribes have consumed these foods for generations and they have done well.

"The Maasai heavily depend on cattle for nutrition. The traditional Maasai diet consists of six basic foods: milk, meat, fat, blood, honey, and tree bark."
https://togetherwomenrise.org/customsandcuisine/kakenya-center-for-excellence-3/

"The surprising results of the field study show that the Maasai are in a good health status in spite of a limited diet."
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/05/100517111910.htm

"Kumis was one of the most popular Mongol drinks and was typically made from fermented mare's milk (although the milk of sheep, oxen, camel, and yaks could be used, too)."
https://www.worldhistory.org/article/1451/food--drink-in-the-mongol-empire/

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #359 on: April 24, 2022, 12:28:06 PM »
They predominately ate blubber which is more nutrient rich than most other animal fats.

Interestingly Inuits who have lived on "keto friendly diets"for several generations have a genetic mutation which make them resistant to ketosis.

You could easily argue humans when placed under evolutionary pressure by a predominately fat/protein diet evolved to avoid being in constant state of ketosis.

Another interesting point about about this genetic adaptation in inuits is that unlike most of us even, when they go days without eating their bodies still resist ketosis. So it appears what is an important survival mechanism for most of us was sacrificed to a degree in Inuits. Being resistant to constant ketosis appears to be the more important survival mechanism for them.

Interesting.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #360 on: April 24, 2022, 12:38:49 PM »
No.  It's because these are animal-based foods and don't have plant-based toxins some people can't tolerate.

People who consume milk and honey likely don't do it because of the carb quality or because of their satiety.  They probably consume these because they like the taste and because they tolerate them better than other foods.  These people aren't lactose intolerant, and casein is not inflammatory to them as it is to other people.

Blueberries work for you.  Milk and honey works for them.  Some people are allergic to berries.

Some tribes have consumed these foods for generations and they have done well.

"The Maasai heavily depend on cattle for nutrition. The traditional Maasai diet consists of six basic foods: milk, meat, fat, blood, honey, and tree bark."
https://togetherwomenrise.org/customsandcuisine/kakenya-center-for-excellence-3/

"The surprising results of the field study show that the Maasai are in a good health status in spite of a limited diet."
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/05/100517111910.htm

"Kumis was one of the most popular Mongol drinks and was typically made from fermented mare's milk (although the milk of sheep, oxen, camel, and yaks could be used, too)."
https://www.worldhistory.org/article/1451/food--drink-in-the-mongol-empire/

It's odd that you would bring up the Massai without mentioning that their average lifespan for both men and women is in the mid 40's

Finally, the Maasai people’s diet consists of raw meat, raw milk and raw blood from cattle. As a result, most of the Maasai people have a dangerously low life expectancy. Evidently, this causes them to be the People with the lowest life expectancy in the whole world. The average male lives to the age of 42, whilst the women live until the age of just 44. #ThePeopleWithTheLowestLifeExpectancyInTheWorld.

https://vamosbitchachos.com/maasai-tribe-tanzania/#:~:text=Maasai%20Diet&text=As%20a%20result%2C%20most%20of,the%20age%20of%20just%2044.

It's also odd that you didn't mention that the obvious fact that the diet of these tribes is largely driven by what's available in their environment.   

I'm sure if you gave them access to Trader Joe's some of them would likely add blue berries, coffee ice cream and beer to their diet

Have you started adding blood to your diet yet?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #361 on: April 24, 2022, 12:43:18 PM »
Both, if you try raw milk, it tastes amazing, rich in fat, growth factors, fucking amazing. Ever wonder why you see these huge white lineman who grew up on farms, just big country strong mofos, or these women who grew up on farms in Texas, Iowa, Wisconsin,  huge fat asses, big titties..they grew up on raw milk, butter, eggs, beef, bacon from their own farms.

I've had raw milk
It didn't  taste anything like ice cream but it did cause me to have terrible bowel distress and I needed to run to the bathroom within an hour or so

I have no problem with dairy.  I eat cottage cheese, yogurt and ice cream with no issues

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #362 on: April 24, 2022, 12:46:06 PM »
Raw milk is the best food for putting on size, hands down, full of growth factors and beneficial bacteria, antimicrobial, amino acids, and essential fatty acids. Taste like drinking ice cream.

Are you huge from drinking raw milk?

Pics?

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #363 on: April 24, 2022, 12:59:03 PM »
It’s extremely old. Similar to “intermittent fasting” it’s been repackaged and marketed to seem like it’s some revolutionary idea. I believe it was the Adkins diet that we first saw this when in fact it’s probably been around a couple of decades prior. From a bodybuilding standpoint, that was a cutting diet. No carbs, all protein no calorie counting. No doubt it works.

Technically, humans were already eating this way before the invention of agriculture.  Humans couldn't have survived just gathering plant-based foods that grew on their own, especially in parts of the world where winters were extremally long.

And then

"The first low-carbohydrate diet book was written in 1863 by William Banting as a service to his fellow Man. His name passed into the language as the verb 'to bant'."
http://www.second-opinions.co.uk/banting.html#.YmWl4NrMJEY

The keto diet has been clinically used since the early 1920s to control seizures in patients with epilepsy.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8761750/

"In the early 20th century, before any medications were available for the treatment of diabetes mellitus, experts recommended dietary carbohydrate-restriction [1,2]. The dietary recommendation for diabetes in a prominent internal medicine textbook from 1923 was 75% fat, 17% protein, 6% alcohol and only 2% carbohydrate [3]. The recommended total daily energy intake was 1,795 Calories per day. After the discovery of insulin and oral hypoglycemic medications, experts gradually changed the dietary recommendations to include more carbohydrate intake because most experts reasoned that the medications could be used to keep the glucose in control."
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2315645/

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #364 on: April 24, 2022, 01:13:43 PM »
It's odd that you would bring up the Massai without mentioning that their average lifespan for both men and women is in the mid 40's

https://vamosbitchachos.com/maasai-tribe-tanzania/#:~:text=Maasai%20Diet&text=As%20a%20result%2C%20most%20of,the%20age%20of%20just%2044.

It's also odd that you didn't mention that the obvious fact that the diet of these tribes is largely driven by what's available in their environment.   

I'm sure if you gave them access to Trader Joe's some of them would likely add blue berries, coffee ice cream and beer to their diet

Have you started adding blood to your diet yet?

No, not odd at all.  You asked why milk and honey, and is it because it's mentioned in the bible?

I answered with these examples to show that it has nothing to do with the Bible, and that some people believe consuming milk and honey is fine if these tribes have been consuming them for generations and not only have survived, but the adults are in good health despite their short average life span.

Some argue the Massai have an average short life span because of limited access to healthcare, and basically because of a low level of wealth.  Same reason why the Inuit, although very healthy, have an average short life span.  Wealth is correlated with longevity.

There is a lot of debate regarding nutrition and longevity.  Hong Kong has both the longest life span in the world and the highest meat consumption in the world.

India has both one of the shortest life spans in the world and the lowest meat consumption in the world.

Vegans and vegetarians argue the reason is because Hong Kong is very wealthy, while India is very poor.  Is that why?  I don't know.  I'm sure it's more complicated than that and there are many factors to consider, including quality of social connections.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #365 on: April 24, 2022, 01:17:05 PM »
We all end up dead regardless.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #366 on: April 24, 2022, 01:21:24 PM »
We all end up dead regardless.

True, but what to do in order to have good quality of life and remain as independent as possible for as long as possible before death is the question.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #367 on: April 24, 2022, 01:22:47 PM »
True, but what to do in order to have good quality of life and remain as independent as possible for as long as possible before death is the question.
That includes eating tasty food.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #368 on: April 24, 2022, 01:23:47 PM »

Dallas McCarver was a farm boy

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #369 on: April 24, 2022, 01:27:32 PM »
No, not odd at all.  You asked why milk and honey, and is it because it's mentioned in the bible?

I answered with these examples to show that it has nothing to do with the Bible, and that some people believe consuming milk and honey is fine if these tribes have been consuming them for generations and not only have survived, but the adults are in good health despite their short average life span.

Some argue the Massai have an average short life span because of limited access to healthcare, and basically because of a low level of wealth.  Same reason why the Inuit, although very healthy, have an average short life span.  Wealth is correlated with longevity.

There is a lot of debate regarding nutrition and longevity.  Hong Kong has both the longest life span in the world and the highest meat consumption in the world.

India has both one of the shortest life spans in the world and the lowest meat consumption in the world.

Vegans and vegetarians argue the reason is because Hong Kong is very wealthy, while India is very poor.  Is that why?  I don't know.  I'm sure it's more complicated than that and there are many factors to consider, including quality of social connections.

Personally, I doubt their short lifespan has much if anything to do with lack of modern healthcare.  Plenty of people all over the planet never go to a doctor and live longer than the average Massai

Are you considering adding blood to your diet?

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #370 on: April 24, 2022, 01:29:38 PM »
That includes eating tasty food.

That depends on food quality, quantity, and frequency.  Most would agree donuts, pizza, and Doritos are tasty "foods."

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #371 on: April 24, 2022, 01:32:56 PM »
That depends on food quality, quantity, and frequency.  Most would agree donuts, pizza, and Doritos are tasty "foods."
My grandfather ate all of those and lived to 104. A neighbor lady I grew up next to ate them and lived to 100.

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #372 on: April 24, 2022, 01:36:16 PM »

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #373 on: April 24, 2022, 01:41:11 PM »
Personally, I doubt their short lifespan has much if anything to do with lack of modern healthcare.  Plenty of people all over the planet never go to a doctor and live longer than the average Massai

No, although blood sausage is popular in many countries around the world.  I've never had one, and have no interest in trying it.

As I said, I don't consume milk, honey, or fruit either.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #374 on: April 24, 2022, 01:43:23 PM »

There was no modern healthcare in ancient Greece either and it was common for people following a Mediterranean diet to live into their 80s.

People following similar diets now plus the addition of modern healthcare are commonly living into their 90s