Author Topic: Carnivore Diet  (Read 56589 times)

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
Re: Carnivore Diet
« Reply #700 on: April 04, 2023, 08:52:26 AM »
Huberman and Rogan say Carnivore sucks for anyone active

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #701 on: April 05, 2023, 01:29:43 AM »
low carb=low energy

nzgs

• Getbig III
« Reply #702 on: April 05, 2023, 02:53:07 AM »
Funny how humans managed to hunt and pump out numerous kids for hundreds of thousands of years with barely any access to carbs  ;D It is a bit bizarre how the carb shilling just completely ignores basic anthropology. And obviously people like Shawn Baker make a mockery of these sorts of ideas, I don't think Rogan or Huberman could hang with the guy for a single workout no matter how much "carbing up" they do or how many pills and powders they take. Both Rogan and Huberman are shills who overwhelmingly promote jewish guests and jewish ideas, as such it's not a surprise that they both promote modern food consumption. It's dangerous to believe these podcasts are organic intellectual discussions.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #703 on: April 05, 2023, 04:35:40 AM »

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #704 on: April 05, 2023, 05:22:59 AM »
I thought Rogan was a carnivore guy

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Royalty is a schmoe-cel.
« Reply #705 on: April 05, 2023, 06:50:45 AM »
Huberman and Rogan say Carnivore sucks for anyone active

Watched the vid. I didn't really get that impression.  The impression that I got was they didn't personally like it for lifting. But otherwise it's great for active people. And actually increases energy.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #706 on: April 05, 2023, 05:10:54 PM »

Let's debunk that utter disgrace of a video. What I Haven't Learned propaganda piece was honestly embarassing, must've been sponsored.

Dracula,

Good rebuttal.  Thank you for sharing!

I watched all of both parts, 2 hours total, while eating a delicious ribeye steak.

I liked this vegan's tone and all of the hard work that he put into these videos, so I subscribed to his channel, for now at least.

For those who won't watch, he basically said:

The title of the original video is clickbait, as a lot of what the guy says has nothing to do with the vegan diet not working.

The reason many of the studies cited have negative conclusions about the vegan diet is because the participants followed a crappy version of the vegan diet, or didn't supplement properly, or didn't eat fortified vegan foods, or were vegetarians and not vegans.

A lot of the natural toxins and antinutrients found in plant-based foods don't seem to cause a real problem in vegans following a proper vegan diet that includes lots of fortified vegan foods and supplements.

A lot of what the original video says can be applied to omnivore diets and to the standard American diet too.

Of course there's more stuff he said in those two hours, explaining why vegan children are shorter, why vegans have lower bone density, etc., but I'm not going to list it all here.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #707 on: April 05, 2023, 05:12:42 PM »
low carb=low energy

The opposite is actually true, provided you consume adequate fat, sodium, and water.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC č un asino
« Reply #708 on: April 05, 2023, 05:24:30 PM »
Funny how humans managed to hunt and pump out numerous kids for hundreds of thousands of years with barely any access to carbs  ;D It is a bit bizarre how the carb shilling just completely ignores basic anthropology. And obviously people like Shawn Baker make a mockery of these sorts of ideas, I don't think Rogan or Huberman could hang with the guy for a single workout no matter how much "carbing up" they do or how many pills and powders they take. Both Rogan and Huberman are shills who overwhelmingly promote jewish guests and jewish ideas, as such it's not a surprise that they both promote modern food consumption. It's dangerous to believe these podcasts are organic intellectual discussions.

They said they were not anti-carnivore, just that it didn't work perfectly for them.  And Rogan said that the majority of the food he eats is meat.

They also say Baker is a machine and use him as a positive example of the diet.
Y

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #709 on: April 05, 2023, 05:28:10 PM »
The keto/carnivore cult is leaps and bounds more insufferable than vegans these days. People learned to lose weight eating beef, cheese and butter and they really REALLY want to tell you about it.

Also, is veganism really a fad? People have been adopting vegan diets for decades by proxy WRT animal rights, not just for health reasons.

I would consider a vegan diet if I could allocate enough tempeh/vital wheat gluten (seitan) to hit 200g protein a day for a reasonable price compared to chicken. For now its just not worth it.

True.  Many people are desperate to be a part of something and will adopt a diet, political party, sports fan club, etc. just to be part of a cult or tribe.

I'm not allowed in the keto cult because I don't believe eating vegetables every day is necessary.

I'm not allowed in the carnivore cult either, because I don't believe eating organ meats and grass finished beef is necessary.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #710 on: April 06, 2023, 01:18:20 AM »
The opposite is actually true, provided you consume adequate fat, sodium, and water.
I hear that but endurance athletes almost all carb up before an event.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #711 on: April 06, 2023, 04:46:41 AM »
Your body has to become fat-adapted.

This take a few weeks usually.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #712 on: April 06, 2023, 04:57:06 AM »
I hear that but endurance athletes almost all carb up before an event.

True.  That has been the norm for many years and it has worked very well for endurance athletes.

However, nobody knows at this time whether carbs are necessary for all endurance athletes or whether keto might work better for some or many of them.  There is anecdotal evidence both for and against this new approach, so more quality studies on keto for endurance athletes are needed to know for sure:

A review of the ketogenic diet for endurance athletes: performance enhancer or placebo effect?

Published: 22 June 2020

The ketogenic diet has become popular among endurance athletes as a performance enhancer. This paper systematically reviews the evidence regarding the effect of the endurance athlete’s ketogenic diet (EAKD) on maximal oxygen consumption (VO2 max) and secondary performance outcomes.

Limited and heterogeneous findings prohibit definitive conclusions regarding efficacy of the EAKD for performance benefit. When compared to a high carbohydrate diet, there are mixed findings for the effect of EAKD consumption on VO2 max and other performance outcomes. More randomized trials are needed to better understand the potentially nuanced effects of EAKD consumption on endurance performance. Researchers may also consider exploring the impact of genetics, recovery, sport type, and sex in moderating the influence of EAKD consumption on performance outcomes.

https://jissn.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12970-020-00362-9

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #713 on: April 06, 2023, 04:58:27 AM »
never known a singlue blue collar worker thriving on any low carb diet maybe if 23 years old
A

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #714 on: April 06, 2023, 11:36:16 AM »
never known a singlue blue collar worker thriving on any low carb diet maybe if 23 years old
lol..what?? I worked as a bricklayer and prepped for a show on a ketogenic diet and won that competition. Had plenty of energy to do an hour a cardio pre work, lay bricks all day and go to the gym after work.

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Royalty is a schmoe-cel.
« Reply #715 on: April 06, 2023, 02:19:10 PM »

Marty, what about a diet consisting of peanut butter, olive oil and malt liquor?

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #716 on: April 06, 2023, 02:25:45 PM »
I only ate two chicken thighs and some cheese today.

Then I mowed my lawn for two hours and rode my bike around town for an hour straight.

Talk about endurance.  It was like a triathlon without the water.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #717 on: April 06, 2023, 06:21:54 PM »
Marty, what about a diet consisting of peanut butter, olive oil and malt liquor?
in this weather peanutbutter just burns me up , up north i like the adorondak sodas. Olive oil and malt liqur condition the impurities
A

Cook

• Getbig IV
« Reply #718 on: April 06, 2023, 06:28:33 PM »
Question for the keto guys
Keto kid and Loco and anyone else your input is appreciated.How does fried chicken fit in keto?A place that I eat at has a huge fried breast that has 25 grams of carbs. I assume it is from the breading.Is it ok to include this as long as I count those 25 grams against the 50 or whatever I am allowing myself?Thanks guys.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #719 on: April 06, 2023, 06:55:40 PM »
Keto kid and Loco and anyone else your input is appreciated.How does fried chicken fit in keto?A place that I eat at has a huge fried breast that has 25 grams of carbs. I assume it is from the breading.Is it ok to include this as long as I count those 25 grams against the 50 or whatever I am allowing myself?Thanks guys.

1. A well formulated, science-based keto diet is less than 20g carbs per day.

2. Fried chicken is not part of any good keto diet, because of the high carbs from breading and because of the unhealthy wheat flour the breading is made of.

3. Chicken breast is not a good option anyway because it's too lean.  Chicken thighs, legs, and wings with the skin on are much better options.

4. Mix 1/4 tsp of salt, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp onion powder, 1/2 tsp smoked paprika, 1 tbsp baking powder in a bowl.  Completely cover 4 chicken thighs with the skin on in this mix.  Cook them in an air fryer.  This is a delicious, much healthier, keto alternative to breaded fried chicken.

Cook

• Getbig IV
« Reply #720 on: April 06, 2023, 07:03:19 PM »
1. A well formulated, science-based keto diet is less than 20g carbs per day.

2. Fried chicken is not part of any good keto diet, because of the high carbs from breading and because of the unhealthy wheat flour the breading is made of.

3. Chicken breast is not a good option anyway because it's too lean.  Chicken thighs, legs, and wings with the skin on are much better options.

4. Mix 1/4 tsp of salt, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp onion powder, 1/2 tsp smoked paprika, 1 tbsp baking powder in a bowl.  Completely cover 4 chicken thighs with the skin on in this mix.  Cook them in an air fryer.  This is a delicious, much healthier, keto alternative to breaded fried chicken.
awesome Loco that is exactly what I needed to know.Thanks for taking the time to share this.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #721 on: April 06, 2023, 07:04:44 PM »
awesome Loco that is exactly what I needed to know.Thanks for taking the time to share this.

You are welcome!

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #722 on: April 06, 2023, 07:10:00 PM »
I second what Loco says, dude buy quality foods, lamb, bison, beef, venison, Pasture raised eggs, grass fed butter. If you eat plants then avocado, coconut oil, real olive oil, Macadamia nut oil, even mct oil for fats. Again if you eat plants (I dont) greens like broccoli, green beans, asparagus...I'd stay far away from spinach and kale(tons of oxalates and various other antinutrients). Keep it simple eat a fuck load of beef and eggs make this the majority of your diet

Cook

• Getbig IV
« Reply #723 on: April 06, 2023, 08:06:16 PM »
I second what Loco says, dude buy quality foods, lamb, bison, beef, venison, Pasture raised eggs, grass fed butter. If you eat plants then avocado, coconut oil, real olive oil, Macadamia nut oil, even mct oil for fats. Again if you eat plants (I dont) greens like broccoli, green beans, asparagus...I'd stay far away from spinach and kale(tons of oxalates and various other antinutrients). Keep it simple eat a fuck load of beef and eggs make this the majority of your diet
thanks KK keeping things simple is what I do best. I have done low carb before but not true keto. I am going to give this an honest shot.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #724 on: April 07, 2023, 12:17:52 AM »

Im pretty sure you dont know anyone that works at all....