Author Topic: ROE V Wade  (Read 19420 times)

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
Re: ROE V Wade
« Reply #150 on: June 24, 2022, 10:40:53 PM »
Ahh, now I see your point my tranny loving friend. 8)

I shouldn't be the guy you're passive aggressively upset with. You're getting sensitive in your old age or you've been in So Cal too long. I've wined and dined on only the finest vagine. 
 :-*

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #151 on: June 25, 2022, 06:41:42 AM »
I am shocked and saddened by the above statements.  When does human life BEGIN?  It is not the woman's body.  It is another HUMAN LIFE she is hosting. 

Princess,

I understand your point of view. But realize that I wasn't taking away from the importance of a human life being carried within the vessel that is the woman. I even stated in my post that "Forgetting that abortion is the key issue here" this situation sets a bad precedent from a legal standpoint. I have no horse in this race.

I think it comes down to perspective. Do I value the unborn life that is in the woman? Yes, but in very few/rare instances no.

I have a cousin who was raped in NYC back in the early 1990s. She was walking home from work pretty late at night and a man attacked her with a resultant rape. She was practically unconscious from the sheer blows to the head while he was raping her. The next day she was found barely breathing on the ground by random strangers, who called the cops and she was then taken to the local hospital. They ran a rape kit at the hospital and they knew early on she had been raped. Detectives got involved and tried to help out. Following 10 days after her hospitalization, she was then faced with the harsh reality that she could likely be pregnant. She knew at the end of the month that she was in fact pregnant and she DID have an abortion. Do you think in this instance I felt bad for the "unborn" life? No. I felt bad for my cousin and rage against the rapist. That event was traumatizing enough that she tried to commit suicide twice afterwards. Imagine had she had the child and had to live with a reminder of that night for the rest of her natural life?

So, I guess context is everything when it comes to this and depending on where you sit it can go either way. Personally, I just don't like the government having a say with what any human being can do with their body. Forgetting the moral issue of whether a life sits in that woman's womb (that's a BIG enough issue on its own), I'm just leaning towards limiting what a government can enforce against basic human rights. My problem is that it can be about any issue regarding our freedom to do to our bodies what we want to do (insert things like: using cigarettes, getting breast implants, tattooing our eyes black, using steroids etc). Yes, the aforementioned pale in comparison to the major issue at hand, but realize that my plight isn't with the question of abortion (we can have an entirely different conversation about that moral issue), it's looking at what this government action can lead to next.

I'm sorry if you felt offended by my post. I love you.

"1"

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #152 on: June 25, 2022, 07:09:36 AM »
When the left can't control Blacks, they feel very at home breaking out the "N word" with the hard "R".

Oh, she was just making a point. Got it.

Another one with the "point making":

This woman warns Blacks that racial slurs will commence because Clarence Thomas got uppity.

This character is skipping the "high-tech" and going straight for the lynching.

Q: The media will continue painting US Whites of European descent as "terrorists" but how will they treat Blacks if Blacks aren't useful tools anymore?

A: They'll turn on you on a dime if you're not useful to them.

If you're on the left, how would you feel about Blacks if they all thought like Clarence Thomas?   EXACTLY.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #153 on: June 25, 2022, 07:41:01 AM »
Princess,

I understand your point of view. But realize that I wasn't taking away from the importance of a human life being carried within the vessel that is the woman. I even stated in my post that "Forgetting that abortion is the key issue here" this situation sets a bad precedent from a legal standpoint. I have no horse in this race.

I think it comes down to perspective. Do I value the unborn life that is in the woman? Yes, but in very few/rare instances no.

I have a cousin who was raped in NYC back in the early 1990s. She was walking home from work pretty late at night and a man attacked her with a resultant rape. She was practically unconscious from the sheer blows to the head while he was raping her. The next day she was found barely breathing on the ground by random strangers, who called the cops and she was then taken to the local hospital. They ran a rape kit at the hospital and they knew early on she had been raped. Detectives got involved and tried to help out. Following 10 days after her hospitalization, she was then faced with the harsh reality that she could likely be pregnant. She knew at the end of the month that she was in fact pregnant and she DID have an abortion. Do you think in this instance I felt bad for the "unborn" life? No. I felt bad for my cousin and rage against the rapist. That event was traumatizing enough that she tried to commit suicide twice afterwards. Imagine had she had the child and had to live with a reminder of that night for the rest of her natural life?

So, I guess context is everything when it comes to this and depending on where you sit it can go either way. Personally, I just don't like the government having a say with what any human being can do with their body. Forgetting the moral issue of whether a life sits in that woman's womb (that's a BIG enough issue on its own), I'm just leaning towards limiting what a government can enforce against basic human rights. My problem is that it can be about any issue regarding our freedom to do to our bodies what we want to do (insert things like: using cigarettes, getting breast implants, tattooing our eyes black, using steroids etc). Yes, the aforementioned pale in comparison to the major issue at hand, but realize that my plight isn't with the question of abortion (we can have an entirely different conversation about that moral issue), it's looking at what this government action can lead to next.

I'm sorry if you felt offended by my post. I love you.

"1"

Fair enough. 

The SCOTUS rules on the CONSTITUTION.  Nowhere in the Constitution does it say a woman has a right to an abortion. The issue is back in the hands of the States to legislate into/out of state law. 
:

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #154 on: June 25, 2022, 07:46:56 AM »
The reality of the decision

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #155 on: June 25, 2022, 07:59:17 AM »

Indeed. It was the wrong ruling to begin with. Liberals love federal gov’t overreach.

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #156 on: June 25, 2022, 08:03:56 AM »
Fair enough. 

The SCOTUS rules on the CONSTITUTION.  Nowhere in the Constitution does it say a woman has a right to an abortion. The issue is back in the hands of the States to legislate into/out of state law. 

In a properly functioning model of self-government, the Supreme Court would be irrelevant because the laws change with those properly elected by the only legitimate soveriegn:  The People.  The left is mad that they now have to justify their very extreme abortion positions or even bother to discuss it with the serfs.

Abelard Lindsey

• Getbig II
« Reply #157 on: June 25, 2022, 08:07:12 AM »
Glenn Reynolds (Instapundit) has the most insightful comments about Dobbs:

A FEW MORE THOUGHTS ON DOBBS: First, it’s a big win for the rule of law — by which I mean not so much the opinion as that the justices stood firm in the face of unprecedented threats ranging from Chuck Schumer’s “pay the price” language to mobs and an actual armed assassin showing up at their homes. A Supreme Court that can be bullied is a Supreme Court that will be bullied. Unlike Roberts’ flip in the ObamaCare case, the majority here held firm, which will discourage bullying in the future.

Second, the likely result is that a few states will ban abortion entirely, a few will permit it for the entire term, and for most it’ll look something like Europe, with abortion easy to get for the first 12 weeks or so, and much harder after that. (The Mississippi law in question here, which allows abortion for any reason through the 15th week, was actually more liberal than many, perhaps most, European laws).

States won’t be able to ban interstate travel for the purpose of getting an abortion because interstate travel is a separate constitutional right. Congress will not be able to guarantee a right to abortion because its 14th Amendment power to enforce the rights guaranteed by the 14th Amendment doesn’t apply to abortion, which the Court has found isn’t protected under the 14th Amendment. It will not be able to either protect abortion or ban it under its commerce power because abortion isn’t interstate commerce, and is a traditional subject of state regulation.

It’ll take a few years to shake out, but we’re likely to wind up with what we would have had by 1976 or so if Roe had never been decided — a spectrum of laws around the country that will be adjusted over time based on experience and the views of the electorate. Though, of course, the norm may be stricter than it would have been without Roe, which called into being a huge pro-life movement that probably wouldn’t have existed otherwise.

UPDATE: It’ll be interesting to see if this reduces the flow of immigrants from blue states to red. That’ll be a measure of how much people actually care. To be honest, I kinda hope it does slow the flow.

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #158 on: June 25, 2022, 08:18:45 AM »

Because they saw the "right to privacy" stretch gasping for air, they recently started promoting abortion as a religious right in order to go the 1st amendment route.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #159 on: June 25, 2022, 08:19:33 AM »
Fair enough. 

So, what we are heading towards , is another time in history when we are so-called "United" yet, each state has their own laws?

How does that usually end up working out? Are we going to devolve, into a loose group of city-states, that may or may not choose to unite during war? (Greeks)

Make no mistake, our country is as divided as its ever been. The mistake is thinking we have evolved passed another civil war.

We are just stupid with technology.

BlackMetallic

• Getbig V
  • I am Jack's lack of HRT skills
« Reply #160 on: June 25, 2022, 08:46:15 AM »
As I've mentioned to you many times I'm right wing.

I am also pro choice.

How can you argue for the freedom to own a gun but not the freedom of pro choice.

I don't understand this.

:(

Would you be pro abortion if a gun was used to terminate the baby?

BlackMetallic

• Getbig V
« Reply #161 on: June 25, 2022, 08:54:22 AM »
Not an atheist.

I’m Christian.

Abortions were common in biblical times yet there is no clear mention of them in the Bible being wrong or immoral.

What does that tell you?

I’m gonna ask you a question

Who is Jesus to you?

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #162 on: June 25, 2022, 08:55:33 AM »
I’m gonna ask you a question

Who is Jesus to you?
He mows my lawn.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #163 on: June 25, 2022, 08:57:44 AM »
Outlawing abortions would probably lead to women going to backyard clinics instead.

BlackMetallic

• Getbig V
« Reply #164 on: June 25, 2022, 09:24:01 AM »
Are you claiming your kind get along with each other? :D

I was gonna say a black male has a 200% chance of being shot and killed by another black vs a white male

BlackMetallic

• Getbig V
« Reply #165 on: June 25, 2022, 09:51:37 AM »

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #166 on: June 25, 2022, 09:54:19 AM »
I was gonna say a black male has a 200% chance of being shot and killed by another black vs a white male
I love how when I bring up an obvious fact, you two try to flip it and speak about the obvious dysfunction of the relationships between Israelites in America. No shit. This goes without saying so lets talk about what's not talked about. You all fighting with each other over politics so much, it has fractured the country.

I'm independent party wise but I'm definitely Conservative. So I'll always side that way but my point is Ol Shitzo pretended it was 1985 and whites are gonna rally and do anything to "blacks". Those days are loooooong gone. You don't have the fortitude, will, money, leadership or teamwork to do any of this. I'm  not saying it to be a dick, I'm saying it because it's true.

Racial identity politics are old and outdated in this country. Ideas will rally people much more effectively in this country. We're gonna have to learn to get along based on ideas. Guys like Chaos and many others here used to dominating via race and American Way and Superiority are relics of the old order and as long as you hold on to these outdated, failed ideas will die with them. Keep in mind this is within America. Countries like say Russia where racial demographics are different and nationalism via culturally and racially have a better chance of "sticking" are your best chances for these kind of mindsets to be fruitful.

In America it's a dead end. I'll cooperate with other conservatives of all ethnicities to stomp out the leftist wicked scum to bring order to this country.

OAK

• Getbig V
  • "The trial was RIGGED....send me your MONEY!!"
« Reply #167 on: June 25, 2022, 10:31:56 AM »
Spot on!!

BlackMetallic

• Getbig V
« Reply #168 on: June 25, 2022, 10:51:34 AM »
Spot on!!

Are you gonna answer my questions?

OAK

• Getbig V
  • "The trial was RIGGED....send me your MONEY!!"
« Reply #169 on: June 25, 2022, 10:54:41 AM »
Are you gonna answer my questions?

Ask away!

I’m too lazy to scroll back 🙂

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #170 on: June 25, 2022, 11:03:49 AM »
If the establishment Conservatives were smart, they'd go after more conservative Black and Hispanics (especially charismatic ones) and put them more up front to be faces of new American Conservatism and change these old narratives about Conservatives and to a degree the Republican Party. This in turn would usher in a new era and many more votes and with those votes, change.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #171 on: June 25, 2022, 11:05:45 AM »

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #172 on: June 25, 2022, 11:06:56 AM »

Mission accomplished. Now get a real job whore.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #173 on: June 25, 2022, 11:08:53 AM »
I wish people would just stop falling for the same trick over and over again.
Its about dividing society and turning people against one another.

Its that simple

Nothing has really changed

The world outside is still the same
Go take your shoes off and stand on some early morning dew soaked grass and ground yourselves

"Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference"

ziballz

• Getbig III
« Reply #174 on: June 25, 2022, 11:09:42 AM »
The memes coming out of this latest liberal triggering have been amazing  :D