Author Topic: Flex Wheeler's "Goodbye" Post?  (Read 8633 times)

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
Re: Flex Wheeler's "Goodbye" Post?
« Reply #75 on: July 25, 2022, 07:31:59 PM »
……..

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: July 25, 2022, 07:40:25 PM »
……..

Flex looked better than you then you look better than him today.

Who really wins?

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: July 25, 2022, 08:00:20 PM »
Flex looked better than you then you look better than him today.

Who really wins?
Never looked at it that way (ty!) …I’m sorry for what he’s going thru ….at the same time he was a grade A douche bag back in the day! … he definitely doesn’t Deserve all these health problems he has. … but he never should have continued bodybuilding/ competing after someone so bravely gave him/ donated their Kidney!

karasan

• Getbig IV
« Reply #78 on: July 26, 2022, 01:53:39 AM »
I recall him telling he plans to invest zero hours in bodybuilding after his completion days are over, and he made a joke about, if it would be possible he would keep it minus hours.
I guess he tried to denounce bodybuilding and how little it means for him, then he competed with kidney transplant, talk about total lack of insight.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: July 26, 2022, 01:56:55 AM »
It must be depressing as hell to get old after having a near perfect physique. This is why you don't derive your self esteem from the meat suit you are wearing.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #80 on: July 26, 2022, 03:08:38 AM »
……..

Matching fannypacks and million dollar smiles

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #81 on: July 26, 2022, 03:11:27 AM »
……..

Great shot Mike.  Do you recall how much you weighed around this time?  just curious for the sak of comparison

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: July 26, 2022, 03:13:11 AM »
I recall him telling he plans to invest zero hours in bodybuilding after his completion days are over, and he made a joke about, if it would be possible he would keep it minus hours.
I guess he tried to denounce bodybuilding and how little it means for him, then he competed with kidney transplant, talk about total lack of insight.

this kinda shit pisses me off a bit, he owes pretty much everything to bodybuilding.  Idk why he thinks he was too good for the sport but that's probably why nobody likes him :-X

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: July 26, 2022, 03:17:05 AM »
It must be depressing as hell to get old after having a near perfect physique. This is why you don't derive your self esteem from the meat suit you are wearing.

i once read a description of a retired Samir Bannout as "relaxed with the sort of ease that comes only when you know that your body was--and could possibly still transform to be--one of the greatest physiques the world ever saw"

Always thought that was a more positive way of looking at the aging process.  Be glad the past happened at all, dont lament that its come to an end

karasan

• Getbig IV
« Reply #84 on: July 26, 2022, 03:20:52 AM »
this kinda shit pisses me off a bit, he owes pretty much everything to bodybuilding.  Idk why he thinks he was too good for the sport but that's probably why nobody likes him :-X
As somebody suggested here, he probably had a fcked up childhood.
My late brother was just like that, he lacked sincerity, he was fragile and broken because of my father, and he just tried to construct a stronger shell, some succeed some just doesn't, one thing is sure, you can't be happy denying your true self.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #85 on: July 26, 2022, 03:23:56 AM »
Flex not discussing it here, fun old thread -
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=94431.200 .

Wow, that thread had everything.  That was getbig at its peak.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #86 on: July 26, 2022, 04:09:04 AM »
Points 1 & 6. LOL

Flex was good at punching mirrors, punching walls, punching air 😂

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: July 26, 2022, 06:39:03 AM »
Never looked at it that way (ty!) …I’m sorry for what he’s going thru ….at the same time he was a grade A douche bag back in the day! … he definitely doesn’t Deserve all these health problems he has. … but he never should have continued bodybuilding/ competing after someone so bravely gave him/ donated their Kidney!

I think we all agree you look great, especially compared to how you looked when you first showed up here (I’m not insulting you, you were big but you are in great condition now).

At his peak Flex was a star. It seemed like he had a transition plan in place to stay relevant after competing but maybe the kidney and injuries side tracked that.

I’m sure we all believe he could have stayed in decent shape/size post retirement if he would have done things differently but maybe he had already gone to far.

As it was mentioned I do recall Flex saying he was going to have nothing to do with BB/fitness after his retirement but we know that wasn’t true. The transition from being the man to being a man was probably difficult.

I’ve met Flex a couple of times at the Arnold, all past his competing prime.

The first time he was competing in a karate match. All I remember is how winded he was after and how he could not catch his breath. I don’t think I hung around much after that, I thought it was weird how there wasn’t a crowd around him for his “match” or even afterwards to talk to him. It was the mid 2000s and he was still “Flex”.

The other time Flex was working for MD one year as a journalist covering the Arnold. I ran into him after pre judging (he was completely unrecognizable, he had grown out his hair and was very thin. He was wearing a very baggy shirt. He may have been on the transplant list at this time. I only knew it was him because of his name tag) and was excited to ask his thoughts on the show and he wanted no part of discussing his thoughts on who was placed where. But he did say he thought Dexter had won (I think this was the year Cormier should have won but Cutler beat him) I remember thinking he seemed shy and awkward but I assumed it was because he was so small.

It sucks to see people suffer.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #88 on: July 26, 2022, 07:48:06 AM »
Heard he just punched a wall and broke his hand.

All he had to say was some b e a n e r s from East LA jumped him.  End of story.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: July 26, 2022, 08:11:01 AM »
honestly, you're right.  He is literally dying for us bitches and we ought to respect his sacrifice a bit more.

Amen brother. He is falling apart for us bitches.
It is my belief that even when there's not much Flex to work on, doctors can still make a Robocop out of him.

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: July 26, 2022, 08:14:44 AM »
My nikka

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #91 on: July 26, 2022, 08:54:52 AM »
Has he goodbyed yet?

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: July 26, 2022, 11:04:21 AM »
Great shot Mike.  Do you recall how much you weighed around this time?  just curious for the sak of comparison
heaviest I ever got was over 300 lbs (usually I was somewhere in the 270-280 range ) Flex was only around 230 there … if I was to guess my guess on my weight would be around 270 (Flex looks and is much bigger than I am. He was this crazy illusion even in person …,  just these round bulbous muscles / muscle bellies Tiny Tiny joints .. it was like he put the muscle exactly where he wanted it/ arms / shoulders / back etc , but kept the waistline of a middleweight! …. He lied about his weight so it’s even possible he was only 220 or so but he said like 230-240 in that picture at that time …

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: July 26, 2022, 11:16:38 AM »
……..

Greg Kovacs looking large and in charge right there

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: July 26, 2022, 11:17:19 AM »
Greg Kovacs looking large and in charge right there
  ;D lol!

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: July 26, 2022, 09:44:29 PM »
Who wins in a fight, prime Flex Wheeler or prime Ronnie Coleman?

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: July 26, 2022, 09:53:37 PM »

I'd rather see them fight now. Much more interesting/

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #97 on: July 26, 2022, 11:08:04 PM »

Hahaha can you imagine that now ;D

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #98 on: July 26, 2022, 11:26:59 PM »

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #99 on: July 26, 2022, 11:28:05 PM »

I saw them both in person at the 1996 NOC. Coleman would have flattened Flex. Not even close.