Author Topic: I am worried about Strawman…….  (Read 6361 times)

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
Re: I am worried about Strawman…….
« Reply #75 on: September 21, 2022, 05:57:39 PM »
Or anywhere else, for that matter.

Worst poster on GB in the last 10 years.

I hope he wasn't such a douche nozzle in real life, but i somehow doubt that.

I'd be happy to help carry the casket, just to drop it and make sure it rolls down a steep cliff. ;D

Hahahaha.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #76 on: September 21, 2022, 07:43:50 PM »
Can this thread be pinned at the top?

I think Straw was more a bottom man...

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #77 on: September 21, 2022, 09:51:37 PM »
Or anywhere else, for that matter.

Worst poster on GB in the last 10 years.

I hope he wasn't such a douche nozzle in real life, but i somehow doubt that.

I'd be happy to help carry the casket, just to drop it and make sure it rolls down a steep cliff. ;D

Overlord, please maintain appropriate behavior during the funeral.
X

delon

• Getbig III
« Reply #78 on: September 22, 2022, 02:48:49 AM »
He has not signed on since May 4. Does anyone know his whereabouts? I know he routinely makes 15-30k a month, so maybe he’s tied up in financial matters.🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️ ??? ??? ???

Curious how he didn't even finish out the day either on 4th May, whereas he seemed to usually post through the afternoon and often into the evening

But 130pm on a seemingly random run of the mill wednesday 2 minutes after making a run of the mill post he just logged off...and hasn't returned since....its like he just popped out for some lunch and met his maker or had a Damascus moment realising no one has ever changed anyones mind ever politically on gb so why expend so much energy  (41k posts worth) on it lol

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #79 on: September 22, 2022, 03:15:03 AM »
The top of the trash can.

The lid at the top of the trash can isn’t as hungry as the lid at the bottom of the trash can

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #80 on: September 22, 2022, 03:20:10 AM »
He is/was An Florida Man, correct..?

I think you might be confusing fellow liberal, Lurker.

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
« Reply #81 on: September 23, 2022, 01:59:14 PM »
Curious how he didn't even finish out the day either on 4th May, whereas he seemed to usually post through the afternoon and often into the evening

But 130pm on a seemingly random run of the mill wednesday 2 minutes after making a run of the mill post he just logged off...and hasn't returned since....its like he just popped out for some lunch and met his maker or had a Damascus moment realising no one has ever changed anyones mind ever politically on gb so why expend so much energy  (41k posts worth) on it lol

I think Straw bought the farm, and seized up from all the Jib-Jabs.
He's dead Jim... (Which I honestly hope he isnt, he made things fun)   :D

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #82 on: September 24, 2022, 12:12:59 PM »

Hopefully He's Fucked off to Somalia or Ukraine & Stays There.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #83 on: September 24, 2022, 01:11:06 PM »
Can someone please explain to me how one person can hate another just based on their political beliefs? It seems like a poor reason to hate someone.
X

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #84 on: September 24, 2022, 01:15:52 PM »
Can someone please explain to me how one person can hate another just based on their political beliefs? It seems like a poor reason to hate someone.

Just Not Showing yourself to be to Bright are You,

Do You Like Every single person you ever meet or Heard about ?

No - You didn't & the same goes for everyone of us, it's part of Human Nature.
or are You going to claim you like Everyone  ::)

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #85 on: September 24, 2022, 01:29:12 PM »

Clubber Lang (Mr. T) explained this well in Rocky III "No, I don't hate Balboa, but I pity the fool and I will destroy any man who tries to take what I've got."

&ab_channel=Movieclips

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #86 on: September 24, 2022, 01:57:54 PM »
Clubber Lang (Mr. T) explained this well in Rocky III "No, I don't hate Balboa, but I pity the fool and I will destroy any man who tries to take what I've got."

&ab_channel=Movieclips

Lurker, in the history of getbig, do you think that Strawman ever made any cogent political arguments?
X

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: September 24, 2022, 02:11:25 PM »

What you say made more sense back in say the 90s, but not any more.

Politics over the last decade has pushed people either further to the left or right. It's too big a divide now for people to find much common ground.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #88 on: September 24, 2022, 02:13:53 PM »

Politics over the last decade has pushed people either further to the left or right. It's too big a divide now for people to find much common ground.

Flexacon, did you hate Strawman?
X

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: September 24, 2022, 02:27:14 PM »

Just Not Showing yourself to be to Bright are You,

Do You Like Every single person you ever meet or Heard about ?

No - You didn't & the same goes for everyone of us, it's part of Human Nature.
or are You going to claim you like Everyone  ::)

Your right in that we hate or dislike people we meet or know about for a variety of reasons. This is human nature.

SF1900's 'rhetorical' question is, are someone's political beliefs enough reason to hate them. Differing political views are one of the primary reasons folks dislike or sometimes hate others. Many folks disagree about each other’s politics, but still like them for other reasons.

In my opinion hate is a very strong and negative emotion, one which I try to avoid having as much as possible. While I don’t agree with some folk’s political views, I don’t hate them.

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: September 24, 2022, 02:32:51 PM »

I don't hate anyone for their beliefs, i just find them annoying and wish they would be quiet about it.

But yes, there are people who hate people of the opposite isle.

Same in religion.

Same in car ownership.

Same in sports.

I've seen grown men get it fights over a football game. Recently watched two 40 year old men get in a fight over a penalty called during a college football game. It's crazy to me.

Most of these people probably aren't the brightest folks, but there are people who truly hate others for the silliest things.

I worked with a young man from Texas A&M, and he had all these stupid stickers on his truck making fun of the Texas Longhorns. His truck was constantly vandalized, and he could never understand why. I explained the stupid stickers and his response was "it's just a joke, why would someone attack my truck over that"?

To be honest, i have no hatred for Straw or anyone else on here, but he was annoying and should have kept all his nonsense on the political board. It gets really old having people ruin every thread. And he's not the only one, there are several other people on both sides of the isle that are annoying as shit.

Some people have trouble keeping their emotions in check, like a small child. IMO Straw was like that, but who knows what he was like IRL.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: September 24, 2022, 02:33:44 PM »
Flexacon, did you hate Strawman?

To be honest I hardly ever read his posts. He rarely posted anything funny or amusing or offered the kind of insight I might find interesting. He had his beliefs and a rigid way of thinking, but he still seemed like a capable and intelligent guy. I had no issue with him.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: September 24, 2022, 02:33:59 PM »

I partly agree with you. How you worded this suggest this applies to everyone. I don't believe it does. Some people are at opposite ends of the political spectrum but many of us are not that far apart with regards to politics. It is just that more intense folks posting on Getbig make it seem there is no middle ground.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: September 24, 2022, 02:38:02 PM »
I partly agree with you. How you worded this suggest this applies to everyone. I don't believe it does. Some people are at opposite ends of the political spectrum but many of us are not that far apart with regards to politics. It is just that more intense folks posting on Getbig make it seem there is no middle ground.

It's just as bad if not worse in other places.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: September 24, 2022, 02:49:59 PM »
It's just as bad if not worse in other places.

I don't get out much these days, so I wouldn't know. What exactly do you mean by other places? Do you mean social media or actual geographical locations?

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #95 on: September 26, 2022, 01:38:39 PM »
If you really miss him, then just ask why he was banned and to allow him back.

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
« Reply #96 on: September 26, 2022, 01:58:18 PM »
If you really miss him, then just ask why he was banned and to allow him back.

He was banned?

Thats odd. He liked to argue politics (like many folks) but never seemed out of line.  Hmmm, weird...
#FREETHESTRAWMAN

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #97 on: September 26, 2022, 02:17:38 PM »
Banned/Deactivated

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #98 on: September 26, 2022, 02:21:36 PM »